Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Only Just Beginning ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19: Only Just Beginning

Shigure slid open the front door, "Ah, Kagura, right on time." he said, as she popped out from behind the trees and ran towards him, jumping over the dufflebag and the suitcase on the ground….and straight past him.

"KYO! KYO WHERE ARE YOU MY LOVE?!"

------

Kyo suddenly stopped and shivered slightly.

"What's wrong Kyo?" Tohru asked, as she, Kyo, Haru and Yuki walked back home.

"Err, it's nothing." He said, brushing it aside, somehow knowing he had felt this feeling of anxiety before.

As Tohru and Kyo walked up ahead, Yuki and Haru walk side by side behind. Usually, Yuki had always figured if he had by some miracle actual hugged someone willingly, he'd feel rather awkward afterwards, but when he had hugged Haru, he didn't even feel embarrassed afterwards. It felt, normal, nothing felt any different, so for the first time as he walked beside him, he didn't feel any annoying blush try to force its way forward, he just felt, nice.

Haru certainly felt nice.

"What is that doing here?" Kyo suddenly asked, as they were about to turn down the path that led to their house when he spotted a coach parked on the road outside.

Both Yuki and Haru glanced at it but continued to walk into the forest. Tohru stopped but continued walking after a short pause. Kyo was sure he had seen that coach before, something was bugging him, and for once it wasn't Yuki and Haru's togetherness. He ran to catch up with the others, having a very bad feeling that something was going to happen that he didn't want to be a part of.

"KYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Freezing on the spot as he walked out of the forest into the clearing in front of the house, Kyo stared gawping at Kagura as she stood by the front door with her hands clasped together by her cheek.

"Wahh…wha…what are you doing here!?" he asked in shock, taking a step back and dreading the answer.

"Oh my love," she started, her eyes wobbling with happiness and took a few steps towards him, "It will just be you I-"

"-AH! You're all home!" Shigure suddenly intervened, walking through the door and in front of Kagura before she could say, or do, anything else, "Just in time to say goodbye Kyo."

"Huh?"

"YEY!!" Kagura ran out from behind Shigure and zoomed straight towards the terrified looking zodiac and flung her arms around him, "OH JUST US!! HOW UTTERLY PERFECT!!"

As Kagura continued to, ahem, lovingly welcome Kyo back home, Shigure wandered over to Tohru, "You all set Tohru?"

"OH yes!" she exclaimed, both answering the question and reminding herself to actually tell the others, "I'm staying over at Uo's house for the weekend." She said to Yuki and Haru, "I'm really sorry, with everything that's been going on I totally forgot to tell everyone," she quickly apologised, bowing quickly, "You…you don't mind do you?" she asked the pair.

Yuki just smiled, "Of course not." He said, as Tohru smiled widely.

"Not that it's going to matter to them." Shigure muttered to himself.

"GET OFF OF ME!!"

"Ohhhh Kyo!....GET BACK HERE!!!!"

As Tohru wandered back inside the house to get the last of her things, Yuki and Haru left Kyo and Kagura to `play' outside, and headed back in the house. Shigure watched them go and waited for the reaction.

"What are you doing here?" came Yuki's voice.

"I'M SOOOORRRYYYY!"

-----

"Alright, what are you planning?" Yuki immediately demanded, as Shigure sat down with a cup of tea next to the shaking Ritsu.

"Now now don't look at me like that, you'll be thanking me by Monday!"

"What…are you doing?" Yuki stated again, as Kyo came flying over the top of their heads, luckily through the already open paper doors, as an Olympic running Kagura shot past them after him.

"I'm giving you two a nice relaxing holiday! Fully paid by me of course." He added, awaiting thanks but receiving nothing from Yuki but a warning glare.

"What do you mean the two of us?" he asked dangerously, as Haru suddenly realised what the concept of `holiday' and `two' meant when it involved Yuki and had troubling hiding the smile on his face.

Luckily Yuki hadn't noticed.

"Why you and Haru of course." Shigure said, as though it was the most obvious thing on the planet, "Well you've all been working so hard at school," he said dramatically proudly, "so I thought a nice weekend break would do you good."

"We only have one and half more days at school left why did you feel the need to do this now!"

Haru watched as the tone in Yuki's voice rose in anger, but his expression showed something else. There was a slight blush on his cheeks that hadn't been there a minute ago, and it seemed the reason he was angry was because it was just going to be him and Haru…alone…for the whole weekend….alone….

"Really just us two?" Haru asked rather too quickly, as Yuki stared at him as he didn't sound angry at all, when he damn well should be!...I think.

"I'm sorry," came Ritsu's timid voice, "I…I didn't know that you didn't know, if I had known that you didn't know, then I would have known to…ah…if you don't want to go-"

"-Of course we don't want to go!" Yuki said, teeth clenched as this overly done fake anger showed through, his small blush saying otherwise, and deliberately speaking for both of them before Haru could make him change his mind, "We are not spending the weekend at the Hotspring!" he demanded.

"But your clothes are already packed and on the coach ready and waiting." Shigure said

"….you WHAT?!"

"Hey," came a deep voice from the doorway, "Can we get going? I've got other guests to take home once I drop you off."

"I'M SORRY!!!" I'M REALLY SORRY!" suddenly screamed the once more frantic crossdresser, "I don't mean to rush things," he said to Shigure, kindly on behalf of the annoyed driver waiting for them, "I'm sorry!! I'm sorry!! I don't want you to rush, take your time, but oh! The driver wants to go and, and and and-"

He dropped to the floor as Shigure poked him in his side, "It's quite alright," he said to the driver, "they were just heading out."

The driver nodded and turned around to head back to his coach.

"NO WE'RE NOT!" Yuki screamed at him, the growing redness in his face giving away his real feelings on the matter, which Shigure blatantly noticed,

"Why not?" Haru asked.

Why not indeed. Yuki suddenly felt very awkward. Why not in the Hotsprings? There wasn't anything to be embarrassed about, right? The Hotsprings were nice, he had been with Tohru before (and Kyo) and had gone plenty of other times as a child. He even went with Haru when he was 11 before anyway. So why does this feel different?

"Ah now, see, it should be good fun." Shigure said, noticing Yuki's quietness to that question, and the way he was blushing. "Come on now, don't want to keep the nice driver waiting do we."

Shigure rose form his seat and helped up a limp and placid Ritsu off the floor.

"Right, well, I'm off now." Tohru said, almost falling down the stairs clutching onto a bag, yelping in surprise as Kyo ran past her in a blur and an insane looking Kagura grabbing him into a headlock by the front door.

Shigure grinned, "Have a fun time with your friends!" he said cheerfully, as Tohru waved goodbye to them all with a happy smile on her face and headed out the front door, careful to maneuver around Kyo and Kagura, waved at Kyo, and started her walk to Uo's house.

"Come on you two, time to get going!" he said, pushing Ritsu out the door as Haru got up and walked behind them.

Stopping at the door, Haru turned around to look at Yuki, who was still kneeling on the floor facing away from him. Haru certainly wasn't going to pass up the chance for being alone with Yuki for the whole weekend, especially in a Hotspring all alone added his Black side, but he ignored that…for now.

"It should be nice," Haru said gently, "Winter is always the best time to go to Hotsprings."

If Haru could have seen Yuki's face at that moment, he would have seen a look of conflict on the young man's face. It was like Yuki had been split into three. One third of him wanted to go to the Hotsprings for the simple fact that Haru was right, winter is the best time to go, they are very relaxing after all, and with all the stuff that had happened this week he could do with it too. Another third of him was point bluntly refusing to go, dreading what may happen with Haru there, what Haru may try with him, and also scared of what he himself may give it too. And the final third of him, to which he still couldn't really believe a part of him was thinking, was that he wanted desperately to go to the Hotsprings just so he could be with Haru, with no one else around to ridicule them or tease them.

As he sat there, weighing out the possibilities, he slowly got up after a while and turned around.

"Okay," he said softly, "Let's go then."

Haru watched him softly for a moment before smiling gently, turning around and walking through the door. Yuki watched his back as the door slowly slid back shut, not quite shutting and leaving about an inch left of the outside world to see. Well, two thirds of him wanted to go the Hotsprings for one reason or another, so it out weighed the nervousness.

Looks like this was going to be an interesting weekend, and Yuki wondered if, by the time they returned, if anything was going to be…different.

"Wha…where are you all going?!" Kyo said half terrified, with Kagura hanging off his back as he watched Shigure, Ritsu and Haru walk out into the forest, Yuki not to far behind.

"Don't fret dear Kyo, I'll be back in a minute." Shigure said, before winking and disappearing into the trees.

As Yuki walked on behind, coming out to the coach waiting for them in the road, reality suddenly hit him. He really was going to spend an entire weekend alone with Haru in a Hotspring, and he had willingly agreed to it! He wouldn't be able to get out of this now.

"Come on, everyone who's coming get on, the guests'll start complaining if I'm any later." Said the driver, as Haru stepped on board to their private coach, Ritsu clambering on board the other side next to the driver.

Yuki stood looking up at white vehicle that was either going to take him into a nightmare, or take him to a dream he had only ever had once before. Shigure watched Yuki silently, as the younger zodiac finally made his way onto the coach, whose doors swung shut, starting them off on their journey.

"Behave and have fun!" he shouted out, as Yuki glared at him through one of the windows as the coach headed down the road and out of sight.

"Behave? With us around?"

Shigure smiled and didn't even need to turn around as Ayame walked up behind him, having stepped out of the cab that was hiding round the corner.

"So, ready to play Cupid?" Shigure asked, looking over at his friend who flicked a stray piece of hair out of his eyes.

"But of course! Bags are packed and waiting!" Ayame exclaimed, "I can't imagine why I didn't think of this earlier."

"Is the cab okay to wait for a moment before we head off after them?"

"Yes he said he'd wait for us. Oh, has Kagura arrived?"

"Oh yes, she's here." Shigure said as they started walking back to the house, as a sudden shrill of terror came from the house, which sounded a lot like Kyo.

"I wonder how Kyo is going to take it when we tell him he's going to be alone with Kagura for the whole weekend." Ayame pondered rather innocently.

Shigure could do nothing but laugh.

-----

Hatori sat back in his chair and frowned, where on earth has Ayame gone? He had tried calling his shop several times, and had just gone to his home to find it empty.

"Hi Hari'!" came the cheerful bunny voice from the door, "Aya came round and asked me to give you this." Momiji said happily, bouncing into the room and giving Hatori a note.

"Thank you." Hatori said in return, and opened the note. As he read the note left by the creative clothes designer, Momiji watched as Hatori's expression changed from serious to downright astounded. "He…he…" Hatori's eye were wide in fear for Yuki, before he closed his eyes and let out a long sigh, "When this involves Kyo it is not a good idea to ask Kagura." He said to himself, just imagining the look of ecstatic happiness on Kagura's face when Ayame asked her if it was okay for her to stay with Kyo if they arranged Yuki and Haru to be away, "I meant for you to ask me if you want to do something good for Yuki."

Momiji watched the older Sohma as he put the note in one of his desk draws, before walking out the room. Wondering what Ayame was up to, Momiji was really blissfully unaware of Shigure and Ayame's plans, because for Haru and Yuki, the fun is only just beginning.

To Be Continued…