Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Unmasked ❯ Mistaken Illusions ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Finally it's time for chapter 5!
The story is halfway there so enjoy it while it lasts!
Once again, thank you for posting comments and giving me a lotta encouragement!
Chapter 5 Mistaken Illusions
 
There was a sudden loud noise which sounded like a `Poof!' which made everyone in the park stare at where the noise came from. Although they couldn't see since there was no one but the girl standing there shocked trying to find the boy. He had suddenly disappeared in everyone else's eyes. But in Karina's view, she noticed the boy had turned into a sheep. The boy or the sheep crawled under the stand, behind the trees and into a corner so he couldn't be seen.
 
She kept staring without blinking at what her eye's had just seen. It was incredible, who was that boy? She wondered. She saw that Kenji was looking in the opposite direction; she quickly tugged on his sleeve.
 
“Did you see that?” She asked him.
 
“No, I only heard this funny noise but I didn't see anything. Why do you ask?” He replied.
 
“Oh umm… nothing.” Karina answered thinking that he wouldn't believe her anyway.
 
“Okay, hey listen, I should visit your city sometime, I really wanna see if it's a cool place or not. If it's as good as you say, then it's worth coming to have a look.” Kenji said excitedly.
 
“Sure, whatever, uhh thanks for the ice-cream but I gotta go. Please say sorry to your parent's for me, I know I haven't exactly stayed long. I have a reason though. So see ya.” Karina ran off, trying to remember which direction the boy ran off in.
 
“Wait…” Kenji protested but Karina didn't hear him. Her mind was focused on finding that young boy at the lemonade stand.
 
It took a few minutes till Karina reached the spot where the boy had hidden. She saw a white patch behind the bushes. “The sheep!” She said under her breath. After 2 seconds there was another loud `Poof!' The white patch had disappeared and in front of her was a boy; she could only see the head as his body was behind the thick branches.
 
The boy's face was just as surprised as Karina's face.
 
“How…how did you do that?” Karina stammered.
 
“Hey, will you give me some clothes first; it's really uncomfortable here, oh and by the way; don't you dare let anybody know I'm here.” He whispered rudely.
 
Karina forgot his threatening voice and ran behind the drink stand to find his clothes, then ran back and gave them back to him.
 
“Finally, that girl at the stand is so clumsy; geez if it means this happening to me again then I find it pointless to open another lemonade store.” He said to himself.
 
The boy grabbed Karina's hand and took her into an alleyway where nobody was seen nor heard. She looked back; Kenji was still looking for her. She felt a little bad to have just left him there with no reason whatsoever.
“So I'm Karina Sohma, who are you.” Karina spoke under her breath.
 
“Hiro Soh-. What did you just say?” He asked in an accusing tone.
 
“My name is Karina Sohma, get it?” Karina replied losing her patience.
 
“Sohma huh.. are you stalking me, do you think this is funny or something?”
 
Karina was speechless. “I have no idea what you're on about.” Karina answered coldly.
Then she saw the folder that he held in his hand. The label had read `Hiro Sohma'. Karina gasped. `Kyo, Yuki, Haru, Momiji and now this guy Hiro?' she thought.
 
“Do you know Yuki, Kyo, Haru or Momiji Sohma, do you happen to be related?” She asked ignoring the fact that he was staring at her suspiciously.
 
“So what if I did? Who are you?” He asked yet again.
 
“I've told you. My names Karina Sohma and no I'm not fooling around about my last name. I come from a school called Kaibara High. I'm friends with Tohru, Yuki, Kyo…”
 
“Hold it right there, are you saying you're part of this curse too?” He interrupted.
 
“What curse? And wait, you haven't even told me why you just suddenly changed into a small white baa baa sheep back there.” Karina continued to argue.
 
“I am not a baa baa sheep F.Y.I.”
 
“Ok, so this curse, what's up with that?” She asked again.
 
“If you really know Yuki or Kyo or even that over-excited freaky girl Tohru, why don't you go ask them yourself huh? I ain't telling you anything.” Hiro smirked.
 
“You sure have a sense sarcasm for your age.” Karina muttered.
 
Hiro didn't seem to have heard her as he had suddenly changed his expression from cheeky to innocent. A cute girl appeared behind him.
 
“Kisa? What are you doing here?” Hiro asked the girl.
 
“Hiro, I was going to ask you the same thing. I came looking for you. You said you were going to be at the lemonade stand but you weren't there so…”
 
“Sorry Kisa, I had a few troubles. This Karina girl saw me transform. Her last name's Sohma and she says that she knows Tohru, Kyo and Yuki.” Hiro explained to the girl Kisa.
 
“Is that true?” Kisa asked looking at Karina.
 
“Yea, it is.” Karina admitted.
 
“I'm Kisa Sohma, the tiger of the zodiac.”
 
“Uhh, Karina Sohma, what do you mean by the tiger of the zodiac?” Karina questioned.
 
“Uhh Kisa, I haven't told her about the curse yet.” Hiro cut in.
 
“Oh, well if she saw you transform then shouldn't we tell her?” Said Kisa a bit confused.
 
“We'll let Shigure tell her.”
 
“Oh ok then.” Kisa listened to Hiro as he dragged her off out of the alleyway.
 
“Hey you Karina, we're leaving. Don't bother us okay?” Hiro said to Karina.
 
“Whatever. Nice to meet you Kisa.” She ignored Hiro.
 
“Nice to meet you too. Bye!” Kisa waved.
 
Karina sighed deeply. She still couldn't believe what had happened today. The drama had caused her to be extremely tired. She took the train back to her apartment and noticed Tohru, Yuki and Kyo walking on the way.
 
“Tohru, Yuki, Kyo, Hi!” Karina ran towards them.
 
“Hello Karina, how is your mother?” Tohru questioned.
 
“Well. She's actually in a bad condition. But there is something I need to ask you three.”
 
“What is it?” Said Kyo
 
“What's the curse of the 12 zodiac animals?” Karina said eager to hear their answer.
 
All of a sudden their faces had froze at the same time and finally Yuki spoke up.
 
“How-how did you know?”
 
Karina explained her meeting with Hiro and Kisa and how she saw him change into a sheep.
 
“I think we should just tell her.” Kyo suggested.
 
“Okay, Karina. Every time we hug somebody from the opposite gender, or when our bodies come under a great deal of stress. We transform into the 12 animals of the zodiac. I'm the rat, Kyo here he's the cat that was left out and there's more in our family.” Yuki said looking away
 
Karina was amazed at what she had heard. She was glad that they had confessed their secret but she was unsure if all of it was true or not.
 
“If you could just keep this between us, it would be good. Nobody knows of the secret apart from a few of us, like me and maybe even you now.” Tohru told Karina.
 
“Ok, I promise I won't tell anyone. I'll keep the secret to myself but if it's okay, I need to see something for myself.” Karina said looking around and checking if anybody was around.
 
“Sorry.” She apologised.
 
Then Kaori leapt forward and hugged Yuki and Kyo together.
 
 
Awesome! Chapter 5 is complete and now Chapter 6 will show something really interesting so stay tuned for CHAPTER 6 in Destiny Unmasked.
 
Fruitylicious-Angel!
Aka-Mystic Forest