Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Forget Me ❯ Escape ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I AM EXTREMELY SORRY….I've been busy with my birthday party and my friends and family's B'day parties! And plus, I published a new fruits basket fic on New Years Eve which you can take a look at if you're interested. But aside from that, I hope you've all had a merry Christmas and a good new year. Thank you readers and reviewers for being so patient!

(Oh and I am thinking…that the curse will be lifted as an ending for this story. Just something I have in mind as a solution to their uhh…miseries.)

Anyway this chapters dedicated to….

Daelaeyni
(hugs) Thank you so much for everything you've done for my fanfics!

Fanfiction:
Daelaeyni- Thank you! And it's alright, I forgive you. Lol, if I got angry at you for not updating, I'd be a hypocrite since….I've been so slow recently as well…haha. And yea semi-sweet sounds pretty good, so thanks!

Mischievous angel- Haha Kimmi-chan, as always- you can't make up your mind, oh well, lol, thanks for reviewing!
Moonflower- Thank you and you're welcome! And sure, I'm considering the happy ending thing…well more on the happy side than the side XD
Kyo4tohru- Yup, I'll try my best.
4EVAFURUBA- Thanks, that's good to hear (sighs with relief)
 
Mediaminer:
Silver_wolf- Okay, hmm, how should I say this? Well in the first story Destiny Unmasked, in chapter 5 and 6, they discovered that for some reason Yuki/Kyo wouldn't transform when Karina hugged them. Something to do with how Kyo's her half-brother and because of the whole genetics, blood thing, she's kinda immune to being affected by the curse.

KenzPotter- I really want to apologise, but I'm probably going to finish with a…uhh sort of happy ending, kinda, and sorry if the chapter is rushed, but thanks so much for taking the time to read my story. Hope you don't mind.
Chapter 18: Escape
2 weeks of carefree hours had gone past. Tohru and Kyo were at home with Yuki as Shigure had gone to visit Ayame at his store.
 
Kyo sat down and turned the T.V on with a glass of milk thinking that he could relax, when something caught his eye on the news channel. He dropped his glass of milk as it spilt onto the mat.
 
“Kyo? Are you alright? I'll go get a cloth.” Tohru noticed the spill.

“Tohru, take a look at this!” Kyo called her over from the kitchen as she came over with a pale look on her face.
 
“But Kyo, that can't be true?” Tohru gasped.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
 
“Ok…so add half a cup of sugar and 100 grams of butter…”
 
Karina was in the middle of baking a cake for Yuki, as she had borrowed some recipes from Tohru to hopefully improve her baking skills, when the phone rang.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Karina?”
 
“Kenji, is that you, have you come out of the hospital yet?” Karina asked.
 
“Yea, I uhh…left yesterday and I forgot that I have to deliver you something if that's alright.”
 
“Oh, really…well sure then.”
 
“So I'll come over to your house in about 10 minutes?” Kenji asked.

“Sure, I'll see ya then.” Karina placed the phone down.
 
Karina smiled, her relationship with Kenji was still going strong, and they were still extremely good friends and sport pals. They basically still did everything together and he was starting to lighten up again. For that, she felt happy, happy that Kenji was still able to live through all that, right after the trip, the break-up and the car accident, he was able to hold on.

She was lost in her thoughts for a few minutes when she remembered the cake.

“Oh god, it better not be burnt!!”

She ran to the oven and took out the cake, amazed that it had actually turned out okay, she laughed. But she couldn't help but feel a slight coldness in her apartment. As if there was bad aura around. She started to get suspicious, when she turned around and faced none other than Amaya Natsume….the evil assassin, but what was she doing here, she was meant to be in a 30 year sentence in jail….could it be that she escaped somehow.
 
“Hmm….quite tasty, but a little too sugary.” Amaya tried the cake.
 
“What the hell are you doing here!?” Karina asked.
 
“Oh, well I just thought I'd pay you a visit, ya know? Kill you all for what you did to me, and kill you first.”
 
“M-M-Me?”
 
“Well you live alone, so it might as well make the job easier.”
 
“How'd you get in anyway?” Karina tried to ask a lot of questions.
 
“Hey I'm a first class assassin, what do you expect? Of course I know how to open locks.” Amaya laughed evilly.
 
“How'd you escape from jail?”

“Ha, as if I'd tell you.” Amaya glared.
 
“So that means you're also planning to go after Akito right?”
 
“That bastard? Duh!”

“But you don't know where the others live…”
 
“Shut up, stop questioning me!!! Once I'll kill you, I'll go after Kenji, then the threesome and then finally, I'll get my revenge on that damn Akito.”
 
“You wouldn't.” Karina looked around for objects to defend herself.
 
“Oh yes I would, as I said to Akito himself, you have no idea what I am capable of.” Amaya's eyes turned red as she charged towards Karina at full speed trying to kick and punch her as Karina tried her best to dodge the attacks, unaware that Amaya was also carrying a knife for back-up reasons.
 
Karina was aiming to run out the door when she crashed into Kenji who was carrying a load of what looked like sport trophies that came tumbling down.
 
“KENJI!!!” Karina grabbed his sleeve, got up and started to panic.
 
“KS, what's wrong?”
 
“WE -WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE.” She cried desperately as she dragged him to the lift even though she preferred the stairs.
 
“Karina, come on, talk to me.” Kenji was confused.
 
“Kenji….I'm gonna die….I'm gonna die.” Karina whispered as Kenji started to worry.
 
“Damn, shut up, don't say these things… Y-you're not making any sense?”
 
“A-amaya Natsume….she escaped….from jail…..she's in-in my apartment….she wants to kill us all….one by one….”
 
“Shit, you're kidding aren't you?”
 
“No…because…I'm first.”
 
“Ok…now you're starting to scare me…” Kenji got out of the lift and pulled her outside and into his car.
 
“Kenji….don't you get it? Amaya, she's on the loose, she's making her way downstairs now…and because I live alone, she's going to kill me first, then you, then the others…then Akito. She's mad….that woman…”
 
“That bitch.” Kenji was about to start the car, when he heard a thud and the sound of the windows of the car shattering. Karina looked up and Kenji turned around to face the murderous Amaya who had plunged her knife through the window and into the drivers seat.
 
She noticed that she'd missed, “Damn, that Kenji boy had reacted really fast” she thought as she grabbed his throat and attempted to choke him.
 
“NO, KENJI!!!” Karina yelled as she reached over and pressed the accelerator as well as trying to control the psycho wheel.
 
“SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!!!!! Why won't this thing go any faster?” Karina had started to loose her temper and her patience as swear words came tumbling out of her mouth.
 
“It's…. alright Karina, I've got it.” Kenji coughed and sat up, a little relieved that he didn't get stabbed or strangled.
 
“Fine, are you okay Kenji?”
 
“Yea, don't worry about me.” Kenji replied as he took the steering wheel.
 
`Why is this happening? How did that bitch manage to escape from jail, this is so frickin annoying, not to mention I nearly got stabbed and strangled by that bitch.' Kenji thought as he drove to nowhere.
 
“You gonna call the police?” He asked her.
 
“Ya, I'm doing that right now.” She answered as she dialled the emergency number.
 
After the call, Karina started to worry.

“Kenji…if she's on the loose then weren't we meant to keep a close eye on her so she wouldn't escape again to murder Yuki…or Akito?”
 
“Karina, what do you expect us to do? I was nearly killed, you were nearly killed. All we could do was run away from any more damage.”
 
“Yea…I'm sorry, I'm just…worried about Yuki…” Karina looked down.
 
“Hey Kyo and Yuki both know martial arts pretty well, I'm sure they'll be fine.” Kenji patted her on the shoulder to give her as much comfort as he could.
 
“So you think she's heading there right now?”
 
“Most likely…”
 
“So go over there, we need to help them capture Amaya before anyone gets hurt.”
 
“Oh….Ok.” Kenji turned the car around and headed for Shigure's house.
 
“By the way, all those sport trophies back there…why'd you bring them?”
 
“Have you forgotten KS? I was meant to keep them for a year, and then you keep it for the next. Since we have to share these trophies. I mean, you need some things in your house to show that you're a natural champion. Maybe it's because of the missing trophies that Yuki didn't realise that you were into sports.”
 
“Oh…right, I guess that's true.”
 
“So uhh, when you get back…when we get Amaya back into jail and you get back home…you can keep them for as long as you like, okay?”
 
“Yea…thanks.”
 
“No problem.”

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------

“She must be at Karina's right now.” Kyo stood up from the couch and pounded his fist against the wall in rage.
 
“I'm going, I need to make sure she's okay.” Yuki had obviously seen the headlines as well as he went for the door.
 
“I'll come with you.” Kyo and Tohru said in unison as Tohru went to open the door while Yuki grabbed his jacket.

Kyo was just about to hit the switch off for the TV when he heard a crash, there was glass all over the floor, and him and Yuki were both staring at the figure in front of them.
 
“TOHRU!” Kyo shouted as he ran to her aid. Amaya Natsume had surprised Tohru as soon as she opened the door, and had whacked her so hard that Tohru had crashed into a glass cabinet and had fallen to the floor along with the broken pieces of sharp glass.
 
There were now a few small cuts on her arm, but Kyo was already in full-panic mode. He helped her up and charged towards Amaya while Yuki and Tohru tried to stop him.
 
“Stop!!, she's got a…”
 
“Knife!! KYO watch out!” Tohru screamed right after Yuki made a start to a warning.
 
Tohru closed her eyes and heard Kyo yell. But luckily Amaya had only scraped his arm, there was some blood and Tohru was getting dead scared. It was turn for Yuki to make his move. He sprinted behind Amaya and snatched the knife off her tight grip, while Kyo punched her in the face.
 
Then they heard the door slam open yet again as Karina and Kenji came dashing in with police cars behind them.
 
“Yuki! Kyo!” Karina was relieved to see them all safe.
 
“Stay back Karina.” Yuki answered.
 
“Yea…Karina, the police are gonna handle this.” Kenji tugged on her sleeve.

”But…but I wanna kick her ass.” Karina whined.
 
“Shut up, you bitch!” Amaya's eyes stared at Karina as she tried to free herself from Yuki and Kyo's grip.
 
“FREEZE!” 3 policeman came into the room with guns in their hands, pointing at Amaya who's nose was bleeding.
 
They handcuffed Amaya and took her into the police car, one of the policeman checked up on everyone, making sure that Amaya hadn't done some serious damage.
 
“I'll tell ya what she did, she ruined my brand new car!” Kenji protested.
 
“The insurance will take care of that.” The policeman answered.
 
“Hmph, still, make sure you extend her stay in jail.” Kenji replied.
 
“That's up to the judges to decide, but if I were in charge, yes I would extend her sentence.” The man smiled.

-------------------------------
 
“Tohru, are you alright?”
 
“I should be asking you that question Kyo, you have worse injuries than me, come on, I'll go get you're arm cleaned and bandaged.” Tohru pulled him upstairs.

”You know, you're very brave Kyo…compared to me.”
 
“Tohru, you were injured…you couldn't do anything.”
 
“It was a mild injury and yet I sat there and watched you and Yuki suffer…I feel so bad.”
 
“Tohru, don't feel bad, if you weren't there, than I would've been stabbed more seriously…maybe in the stomach or heart or…” Kyo paused when he saw Tohru's scared expression.
 
“Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya…the point is, you don't have to blame yourself for everything…like Ritsu for example, you need to know that you did the best you could at that time, okay?”
 
“Okay.” Tohru nodded.
 
“Good.” Kyo stroked her hair and smiled at her.

-----------------------------------
“Karina, you're okay right? I'm sorry I wasn't there when she attacked your apartment.” Yuki grabbed onto her hand and held it tightly.
 
“I'm fine, and it's not your fault, I'm just glad Kenji was over there to give me a ride to your house….and escape Amaya from practically murdering me. But what about you? You and my brother did a pretty good job on catching her.” Karina answered.
 
“I didn't get hurt fortunately, and yea, Amaya's actually not as tough as she looks.” Yuki joked.
 
“Haha…still I blame you for not letting me have a turn at kicking her ass, I have been training a lot with Kyo recently, I could've done something.”
 
“Oh hehe I'm sorry, how about you forgive me if I take you out on a date?”
“Oh yea, we've never been on a proper date as a couple yet huh? Well then, I accept your apology.” Karina laughed.

-------------------------------------

A/N: Yes…it's another short chapter, sorry for that!
But yea, there's probably only going to be 2 chapters left of this story….or around 2 but I'd like to thank again, all the reviewers and readers who have took part in reading my story!

Angelite Phoenix/ Dark Angel of Mystery