Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Forget Me ❯ Glamorous ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Oh yes, the title does indeed say it all…..the dance…and some fluff….hehe…. Oh yea and this chapter is dedicated to…

*drumroll*

moonflower! *cheers*
 
Fanfiction:
Daelaeyni: Okay, I'll read it as soon as you publish the new chapter. Thanks for the review!
Mischievouz Angel: Tn.Q. As always Kimi-chan.

moonflower: -Hugs- Thank you! For every review!!

Kyo4Tohru: -Grins- Yup gotta love the high school dances. Lol.

Mediaminer:
Silver-wolf: Haha cool, trademark smiley faces. Thx for reviewing!
 
Anna May Dreamer: Thank you so much. I hope the answers are in this chapter. Oh and unfortunately…they can't slow dance…or dance too close. -sob-

Chapter 17: Glamorous
 
It was the week of the Kaibara High School Dance, it was only Monday and they had till Saturday Evening to prepare. Of course Tohru and Karina had already chosen their dress but Karina had yet to ask Yuki to go with her. A girl had asked Kenji to the dance and he had agreed even though he had no hard feelings for her. Nara Horikawa still waited for a reply from Karina about moving away from Tokyo and Kyo completely forgot about the dance.
 
“So do you have a student council meeting after school today?” Karina asked Yuki as they got their books out of their lockers.
 
“No I don't. Do you have sports practice?”
 
“It's cancelled today due to the weather.” She sighed.
 
“Yuki Sohma?” He turned around as he saw Motoko Minagawa standing there smiling.
 
“Yes Miss Minagawa?”
 
“I…just wanted to know…if you'd like to….perhaps…maybe go to the dance with me….this Saturday.” She asked politely as Karina was irritated in the background.
 
“Uhh…”

“He's going with ME, I was just going to ask him anyway till you interrupted.” Karina replied rudely as she slammed her locker and glared at Motoko.
 
“Is that right Yuki?” Motoko asked, slightly disappointed.
 
“….Yes….It's true; I'm sorry….but I'm going with my girlfriend Karina.” He looked up and gave an apologetic smile to Motoko.

“Oh ok, it's alright.” She ran off as Karina shook her head.
 
“Karina…you know I would always want to go with you, so you didn't have to be so stern with Motoko.” Yuki pointed out.
 
“Is it my fault that she has a major crush on you and I get really annoyed when I see her trying to score a point with my boyfriend?” Karina felt a bit hot-tempered.
 
“You know I can see the resemblance between Kyo and you now.” Yuki laughed.
 
“What? The anger management problems?? Is that meant to be a compliment or an insult?”
 
“Haha, don't worry, I like you the way you are.” Yuki kissed her lightly as she felt butterflies in her stomach.
 
“So you're going to the dance with me right? Cos I mean come on, I even went to your brother's shop and I ordered a dress that you might like.” She said sarcastically.
 
“Heh, of course.”
 
“Good. So…how do you feel about me moving to Kyoto or something?” Karina said fast as Yuki dropped his books and froze then looked at Karina like she was mad.
 
“What did you say?” He listened as she met his amethyst sparkling eyes and gave a reassuring smile.
 
“Don't worry, I'm going to tell my mom this afternoon that I don't wanna move.”
 
“Huh?”
“My mom wanted to move out of this place to start a new fresh life, and you know, take custody of me but I have to refuse because…I have all my friends here and…Kyo and you….ya know?”

”But….I'm so confused Karina…”
 
“I'm just asking you….how would you feel if I moved?” Karina helped pick up his books.
 
“I don't know…because…we just started a relationship and…well…I would hate it…because….we haven't really spent that much time together.”
 
“True.”
 
“Please tell me you're not moving?” Yuki kept walking down the hallway as they sat down at their desks.
 
“I promise, I won't leave you Yuki, I won't leave anyone…okay, I'll just tell my mom that…I wanna stay here.”
 
“Okay.” Yuki forced a weak smile as the teacher started the class.
 
………………………
When Karina reached home, she grabbed the phone and dialled Nara's number. Recently Nara had gotten herself a job as secretary in an office business building.
 
“Mom?” Karina still felt awkward saying that word.
 
“Karina honey, everything alright?”
 
“I…About last time how you asked me if I wanted to move, the answer is….no….” Karina replied solemnly as Nara's face fell.
 
“Oh…I see….”

”It's just that, all my friends are here, and my…uhh….boyfriend….and my half-brother whom I am very close to nowadays, I just don't wanna leave this happy….environment ya know? I'm sorry mom if you really wanted to move but I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of departing Tokyo.”
 
“Ok honey, I understand…”

“Umm….also….another thing.”
“What?” Nara sighed.
 
“I…I wanna keep my surname as…Yoshida….if that's okay?” Karina felt so bad, like she was being cruel to her mom or something.
 
“Oh…really? Okay…I uhh….”

”Mom listen, I'm sorry if I'm making you feel…I dunno….rejected by your own daughter or anything. I just need time to get use to having you around. You can move into my apartment and we can become a family, but I just need a few moments to fix everything up.”
 
“No it's fine. You take your time.”

”Okay…well I'm sorry mom…I gotta go now.”
 
“Yea sure honey, see you around.”
 
………….
 
“DAMN IT…..DAMN RAT PUT LEEKS INTO MY SOUP!!!!!” Kyo's voice made everyone in the room jump as they sat quietly eating their dinner.
 
“Stupid cat, why'd you assume it was me.”
 
“WELL WHO ELSE IS THERE!!!! THAT PERVERT DOESN'T EVEN THINK OF ANYTHING BUT PERVERTED THINGS AND TOHRU WOULDN'T DO THAT TO ME!!!” Kyo spat out the leeks.
 
“Oh uhh Kyo…” Tohru raised her hand.
 
“WHAT?”

“I forgot.” She sweat dropped.
 
“YOU FORGOT WHAT?”
“Forgot to give you the soup with no leeks…” Tohru looked guilty.
 
“Oh…” Kyo calmed down and felt stupid for getting angry at the wrong person.
 
“Well here I'll get you another bowl.” Tohru ran off to the kitchen and returned with a leek-free bowl of soup.
 
“Uhh thanks Tohru…” Kyo felt a silence coming on as Shigure and Yuki looked at him.
 
“STOP STARING AT ME!!” Kyo stood up, but bumped the table causing his `new' bowl of soup to spill on the floor.
 
“Stupid Cat.” Yuki murmured as Shigure resisted the urge to laugh.
 
“Uhh…I'll clean that up.” Tohru got up when Kyo stopped her.
 
“No don't, I'll do it, And don't worry about getting me another bowl of soup, I'll just spill it again or something.” Kyo felt really embarrassed and extremely dumb.
 
He was having a really bad day and plus, he still hadn't bothered to go to Ayame's shop to select a tuxedo to wear to the dance. He was really procrastinating and that leek soup thing was mocking him.
 
When Yuki and Shigure had left the table, Tohru approached Kyo and attempted to help him with the mess on the carpet.
 
“Tohru, you don't have to..”
“Well I want to, once we get this mess cleaned up, I'd like to show you something.”
 
“Oh…fine then.”

Tohru took Kyo to her room and on her bed was a black and white tuxedo with little tints of green. She held it up and smiled.
 
“I thought that you were too busy with martial arts this week, so I decided to choose something for you at Ayame's store. I hope you like it.” She handed it to him as he blushed.
 
He went into the bathroom and tried it on, it fitted him perfectly and the colour actually suited him. He went outside and thanked Tohru.
 
“You really do suit it Kyo, will you wear it to the dance?”
 
“Yea…sure, saves me from going to Ayame's place anyway.”
 
“Ok, well I'll see you tomorrow then, goodnight Kyo.” Tohru stepped forward and kissed him softly as he blushed like a radish.
 
“Night Tohru.”
 
………………………..
 
Night of the Dance…
The School Gymnasium was decorated with disco lights of every colour and the music was loud and clear. Kyo and Tohru arrived first and Tohru was happily chatting to Hana and Uo. Hana as usual, was wearing black and Uo went with a slim purple dress that didn't puff out.
 
Karina and Yuki arrived shortly after, Karina was still not used to the high heels and Yuki felt his collar getting a bit tight but apart from that, everything went perfectly well. They had all managed to dance properly and Kyo didn't do half as bad as he did back in Spain.
`Come on…don't trip, don't trip, if I trip, I'll fall onto Tohru, then the damn curse will turn me into cat…argh…this is so annoying…' Kyo thought as they danced to the music. He was also nervous since they couldn't dance like proper people. They had to stand at least less than a metre apart.
 
“Relax Kyo, you're doing just fine.” Tohru said to him as if reading his mind.
 
“Uhh thanks.”
 
“You're Welcome.” She smiled a heart-melting one.
 
“T-tohru, are you thirsty? I'll go get you some fruit punch.” Kyo felt his cheeks burning, that he had to find a valid excuse to hide himself temporarily.
 
“Umm….ok…” Tohru let go and looked surprised.
 
Kyo came back with the punch, he was ready to hand it to Tohru when he tripped over some ones foot, and the whole glass of red coloured liquid spilt over Tohru's light dress. Tohru jumped back in shock and looked at Kyo who had fallen flat on his face. When he looked up, he just turned even redder at the mess he made on her new dress.
 
“Are you alright?”
 
“Your….dress…argh I'm sorry…Tohru.” Kyo got up and apologised.
 
“No, it's fine. I'll go get it cleaned up but Kyo, your nose is bleeding.”
“Huh? From a harmless fall like that, it's already bleeding?” Kyo felt so unlucky.
 
Over at the juice bar
 
“Tohru and orange-top look like their having fun.” Uo said sarcastically.
 
“Yes, they do.” Hana agreed as she saw both of them rushing to the bathroom.
 
“I'm bored.”
 
“You're not the only one that's bored.”
 
“So Hana, you should go find someone to dance with.” Uo teased.
 
“I should say the same thing about you Uo.” Hana replied.
 
“Fine, fine, I'll go dance with a random guy but at the end of the day, I wanna see you with a smile on your face.”

”Deal.”

…………………..
 
Two hours passed and Karina started to get tired from all the dancing, she went outside with Yuki and just relaxed. They were going to go in for a short kiss when they were interrupted by a girl.
 
“Excuse me, I'm sorry but have you seen Kenji Yoshida anywhere?” She asked, as Karina recognised her as the girl who had asked Kenji out to the dance.
 
“No…I haven't.” Karina answered.
 
“Oh…he was meant to come…I don't get it….He seemed like such a nice guy….”
 
“If you think he ditched you, he didn't okay? Kenji's a nice guy, he wouldn't do that. I'm sure there's a good reason why he's late.” Karina pointed out.
 
She felt her cell phone vibrating and the caller ID said it was Kenji's mom Risa. Maybe she knew what was going on.
 
“Hey.”
 
“Karina, where are you?”
 
“At the school dance…Where is Kenji? He was meant to co..”
 
“I need to you come to the hospital now! Kenji, he…he got hit by a car.” Risa was panicking and Karina's insides froze with shock.
 
“Please Karina.”
 
“I'll….I'll be right there.” She shut her cell phone and looked at Yuki who was waiting for a response.
 
“Kenji got hit by a car, I have to go…I'm really sorry.”
 
“No it's okay, you go ahead, I'll tell Kyo and Tohru.” Yuki gave Karina a hug and watched as she sprinted towards a nearby taxi.
 
`So much for spending time with my girlfriend.' Yuki sighed and returned inside the gymnasium.
 
…………………….
 
Karina entered the hospital ward and sat next to Risa who was dead worried. She held onto Kenji's hand as a tear rolled down her cheek. It was Kenji's first dance at Kaibara High and he didn't even get a chance to see any of it. Karina was still wearing her dark blue dress and it felt weird inside the hospital.
 
“How'd this happen?” Karina asked Risa.
 
“Stupid driver.” Risa replied coldly.
 
“Is he okay?”
 
“The doctor said that he's gonna have to quit sports for at least 2 weeks in order for him to recover. But I'm still enraged, Kenji could've died. He is my only son and my husbands already dead, I don't see why this is happening to me.”
 
“I know…it isn't fair is it? Kenji's been my best childhood friend since like…forever. I'm just glad he's going to be fine. I was so scared that something might happen to him…like…death or something.” Karina cried.
 
“Yes…By the way, you look beautiful, I'm sure Kenji would've thought the same.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Besides…I thought you were a good couple…what happened?” Risa changed the subject to something Karina really wanted to avoid.
 
“It…just fell apart.”

“So you don't know what happened?”
 
“I fell in love with someone else okay? Can we please not talk about this right now Risa.”
 
“Ok…I'm sorry, I just thought Kenji had really changed since he came back from the trip. He's been less cheerful, quiet and he doesn't really talk to me as much as he use to. I'm just…not sure if this has something to do with…you…?”
 
“If it does have something to do with me then…what do you want me to do anyway?”
 
“I don't know…I just want him to be happy…that's all.”
 
“Risa, he'll find another person in his life that will help heal him…he'll be alright, I promise. Besides all these girls are crowding around him at school already.”
 
“Karina, that's not the point. You're special to him.”
 
Before Karina could argue back, Kenji flinched, they instantly stopped their conversation and paid attention to Kenji who was really weak.
 
“Mom,….KS?.”
 
“Yea KY I'm right here.” Karina smiled.
 
“I'm thirsty.” He complained as Risa chuckled and poured him a glass of water.
 
“You look pretty KS, you should be at the dance with Yuki right now, sorry I dragged you here.”
 
“KY-…Kenji, it doesn't matter right now. I'd rather be here and make sure that you're okay. It's alright, it's not your fault at all, so just relax okay?” Karina rolled her eyes and grinned.
 
Two seconds later, Yuki burst into the hospital room along with Kyo and Tohru behind him.
 
“Hey guys.” Karina greeted them.
 
“Who are they?” Risa stood up and got suspicious.
 
“Well, this is Yuki….my…umm….boyfriend….uhh, Kyo, my half-brother and Tohru, my future sister-in-law.” Karina stuttered on Yuki but made a joke out of Tohru and Kyo.
 
“WHAT THE HELL?” Kyo coughed while Tohru laughed and started to blush.

“Oh…boyfriend huh?” Risa ignored the other two and focused on Yuki.
 
“Mom….quit it, I'm okay, me and KS are over, their a couple now. Leave them alone.” Kenji groaned as he sat up.
 
“Sorry.” Risa apologized and returned to her son's side.
 
“So…damn drunk driver huh?” Kyo questioned.
 
……………….
 
Back at the dance.
 
“Congrats Hana, you made it through.” Neither of them noticed Tohru's absence.
 
“Uo, don't ever ask me to do that dare again.” Hana panted.
 
“Hmm…lemme guess, that guy asked you out?”
 
“Correct…and I don't even like his waves.”
 
“What'd you say?”
 
“Simple answer. No thank you.”
“Aw man Hana you're no fun, you should've said yes, now he's only gonna receive a heartbreak.” Uo pouted.
 
“In his dreams.” Hana laughed.
 
“And you Uo, did pretty well.” Hana commented.
 
“Yes…I did.”
 
“Did he ask you out?”
 
“No.”
 
“Sad..”
 
“I asked him out.” Uo said confidently.
 
“Oh… that's interesting. By the way, where's Tohru and that orange boy?” Hana looked around the dance floor and found no one with orange hair.
 
“Dunno.”
 
“Should we go look for them?”
 
“Nah, I'll text her.”

………………..
“Hey Tohru?” Kyo sat on the rooftop with his one and only as they watched the sky.
 
“Yes Kyo?”
 
“I'm r-really s-s-sorry for everything…I mean, ruining your evening, by spilling the punch and getting a bleeding nose.”
 
“Oh you don't have to apologise. I still think it was the best night ever Kyo. I got to spend a lot of time with you, so I feel very lucky.”
 
“Oh geez…really?”
 
“Yes, I'm not lying. Apart from you tripping, and Kenji's accident. It couldn't have been better. So I should be thanking you for coming to the dance with me as my partner.”
 
“Oh….no problem.” Kyo blushed.
 
“Well I'm a bit tired, so I better get down and into bed. I'm going to make a big breakfast tomorrow.” Tohru started to move when Kyo grabbed her hand instantly.
 
“Umm…?” Tohru looked at him.
 
“Don't worry about it, how about I make breakfast tomorrow for a change. But I only want to cook for you though. I'm going to force that damn rat and that pervert to eat alone outside or something.”
 
“Oh…but you have to wake up early…”
 
“I don't mind Tohru, as long as I'm doing it for you.” Kyo felt a sweet moment coming on as he kissed Tohru on the forehead.
 
“Thank you Kyo. I love you.” Tohru smiled.
 
………………

A/N: Thanks for reading though and I apologise if I'm reducing the lengths of the chapters every time….

Oh and also…a question…
umm would you me to end the story in a happy or sad ending?

Angelite Phoenix/ Dark Angel of Mystery