Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Forget Me ❯ Tohru's Fall ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't Forget Me

Chapter One: Tohru's Fall

Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket. Please do not copy or steal this fanfiction.

Author's Notes: So yes, I just finished watching Fruits Basket and was very unhappy with the ending. I wanted more closure. Grrrr. So I'm forced to write a fanfic (not that I mind) tying up the loose ends in my own manner.

~Tohru's Fall~

"Sissy! Look at this!" Kisa smiled with glee from the top of the slide in the park.

"I'm watching!" Tohru waved from the park bench.

It was Sunday and Tohru had invited Kisa and Hiro to go to the park with her. Having overheard the invitation Momiji had asked to come along. Yuki too had decided to come. Momiji and Yuki sat on the bench with Tohru while Hiro stood by the ladder of the slide watching Kisa. The park had been completely empty since they had arrived so it was nice a quiet.

Kisa sat down on the slide and pushed herself down the slope. "Whee!" She laughed as she came down.

Yuki smiled until he spotted a boy walking by the slide. He gasped and jumped to his feet. "Kisa! Look out!" He shouted.

The other four immediately saw what Yuki had and gasped. Kisa tried to stop herself by dragging her feet on the slide, but it was too late. She slammed right into the boy. In a puff of smoke Kisa changed into her tiger form. Hiro followed up by running up to the boy who was now sitting on the ground starring with shock at the tiger cub before him. Hiro grabbed the boy's arm and pulled him to his feet.

"Hey, come over here I want to show you something!" He lied pulling the boy away.

"A…a tiger," The boy stuttered. "That girl turned into a tiger."

"Oh no!" Momiji looked up at Yuki. "What should we do!?"

Yuki ran over to Kisa and scooped her and her clothes up into his arms. "I'm going to get Hatori. Unfortunately he'll need to erase the boy's memories. You two help Hiro keep that boy here," Yuki said, his voice filled with stress.

"Right," Momiji and Tohru nodded. With that Yuki ran off with Kisa still in his arms.

"How are we supposed to keep him here Tohru?" Momiji wondered.

"I'm not really sure Momiji," Tohru said with a sweatdrop gracing her head. "I just know if we don't we'll be in a lot of trouble."

"Hurry up you two. I'm not about to handle this all by myself!" Hiro shouted.

"Oh right!" Tohru yelped and hurried over to the two boys.

"I know I saw it!" The boy said crossly. "That girl changed into a tiger!"

"Um…" Tohru stuttered. "Hey look, don't those swings look fun? Why don't I push you on them?"

"No. I want my mom! Who are you anyways!?"

"Oh, I'm Tohru Honda. It's very nice to meet you." Tohru smiled warmly. "Oh! And these are my friends Hiro and Momiji."

"It's nice to meet you!" Momiji smiled.

"Yeah, sure." Hiro shrugged.

"Please won't you stay and play a little longer?" Momiji pleaded. "You can talk to your mom later right?"

"Well…I…guess," The boy said, obviously a bit more comfortable after being introduced. "I'm Shin."

"All right Shin!" Tohru took the boys hand and they walked over to the swings.

Thankfully Yuki and Kisa, no longer in zodiac form, returned with Hatori not long after.

"Shin, why don't you come over here for a minute?" Tohru led the boy over to Hatori. "These are a few more of my friends, Hatori, Yuki and Kisa."

"That…that's her! She turned into a tiger!" The boy shivered and pointed at Kisa.

Kisa looked down at the ground sadly. "I'm sorry…" She whispered.

"Hey, don't let this brat get you upset!" Hiro said sternly and walked over next to Kisa. "It was an accident."

"Yes, but a very large one." Hatori sighed and got down on one knee in front of Shin. He reached out and placed his hand over his face. The boy instantly calmed. Hatori quickly went to work.

Then the boy began shiver and cry. "Mommy!" He gasped. He suddenly shot out his hand and grabbed Tohru's arm.

"No!" Hatori and Yuki gasped. But it was too late, the boy and Tohru both collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

"Miss Honda!" Yuki ran over and tried to wake her.

"Yuki wait!" Hatori ordered.

"Hari! What happened?" Momiji asked worriedly.

"Tohru…she had physical contact with the boy when I erased his memories of us…"

"That doesn't mean that Sissy…" Kisa began.

"I'm afraid that it probably does. All of Tohru's memories of the Souma family might be gone."

"Hari, reverse it! Bring her memories back!" Momiji cried frantically.

"I can't. There's…not way to reverse it," Hatori said, his voice full of sorrow and regret.

"No…this…this isn't fair! Tohru didn't do anything!" Momiji cried.

Kisa was now hugging Tohru's sleeping form, crying loudly.

Yuki just starred at Tohru, still in shock. 'This can't be happening.'

"We need to bring Tohru back the Shigure's and have someone she'll remember with her." Hatori stood up slowly. He took was very upset over the matter but he needed to stay composed, at least for now. "Yuki, you know her two friends. Please go find them. I'll take Tohru back to the house."

"Oh…right." Yuki nodded and finally stood up. He somberly walked away, wiping the tears from his eyes.

Hatori then picked up Tohru carefully. "Momiji, Kisa, stay with the boy and make sure he's all right," He said and walked away. As he did he finally let his tears fall freely.

Author's Notes: Well that's it for the first chapter. I hope I didn't rush things too much. If I did tell me!!! I'll make sure to be more careful. Please review and look out for chapter two soon!