Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Forget Me ❯ Kyo's Return ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't Forget Me

Chapter Two: Kyo's Return

Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket. Please do not copy or steal this fanfic.

Author's Notes: Hm, not much to say, except that I'm like speed writing this story so far because I'm really liking the idea.

~Kyo's Return~

"So she has amnesia?" Uo glared at Yuki.

"Yes, I'm afraid so," Yuki hung his head.

"It's only partial amnesia of course. She's bound to remember you two. Most likely she will have forgotten the last couple of years," Hatori explained.

"I still don't understand. How did this happen to poor Tohru?" Hana asked.

"Oh…it's my fault." Kisa said. "We were playing…at the park. I climbed to high on a tree and I was too scared to come down by myself so Sissy came up to help me, but she fell and hit her head." She sniffled. 'It really is my fault though.' She thought sadly.

"It's all right Kisa." Hatori place a hand on the girls shoulder, trying to comfort her. "Why don't you and Momiji and Hiro go home? You need to rest and it would be best if Tohru isn't overwhelmed by too many new people at once."

"All right, but I'm coming to visit tomorrow!" Momiji said as she led Kisa out of the room.

Not soon after the two left Tohru began to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open and she jumped up into a sitting position of her bed. "Where…where am I!?" She gasped and immediately spotted Hana and Uo.

"Tohru, it's all right," Uo said trying to calm her.

"But Uo…what is this place?"

"Tohru…you've had an accident." Hana explained. "You hit your head and you have amnesia."

"Amnesia? But I haven't forgotten anything…have I? I mean I remember you two." Then Tohru noticed the other two in the room. Her eyes rested on Yuki who looked back at her sadly. "Wait, why is Yuki Sohma here?!" She gasped in shock.

"See that's just it Tohru." Uo sighed. "For the past couple years you've been living here in this house with the Prince here and his cousins."

"I…I have?" Tohru blushed at the thought.

"Yes Miss Honda, that's true. You and I are actually good friends now, but seeing as you are in this condition I'm…I'm not sure you will be very comfortable here," Yuki practically forced the words out of his mouth. He didn't want Tohru to feel uncomfortable at all.

"But…I…the renovations," she muttered.

"To your grandfather's house?" Yuki said. "They've been finished for quite sometime. I'm…sure they'd be glad to take you back home."

"Oh…I see," Tohru nodded. "Well, I'll just be on my way then!" She said, her usual smile appearing once more on her face. "Can I leave my things here for now? Right now I just want to go home an rest if you don't mind."

"No, that's fine," Yuki agreed.

"Come Tohru, we'll walk you home," Hana helped Tohru to her feet.

"Yeah," Uo agreed. The three of them walked to the door leaving Yuki and Hatori alone in silence.

'This isn't right,' Uo thought, almost angrily.

'The electric waves around this are most certainly uneasy,' Hana thought with a slight grimace. 'But if it is what Tohru wants…'

They walked together in silence for a few moments until Tohru began to speak. "This…this isn't right!" She managed to say, her tears dripping to the ground.

"What?" Uo looked at her in shock.

"Tohru?" Hana placed her hands on Tohru's shoulders.

"I…" Was all Tohru said before quickly spinning around and sprinting back towards Shigure's house. She ran directly back into the room they had just left where Yuki and Hatori still stood.

"Miss Honda?" Yuki looked at her in shock.

"I…I know this sounds weird, but please you need to let me stay. I just know that I have to be here, and not with my grandpa! I can't explain, but leaving here…it just feels wrong."

"Interesting…" Hatori muttered under his breath.

"Of course you can stay, as long as that's what you want," Yuki nodded.

"Well if that's the case," Uo said as she and Hana joined Tohru. "I'm staying here for a while. I live alone so no one will miss me at home, and I'm sure having a familiar face will do you good."

"Oh, thank you Uo!" Tohru smiled.

"Um…I'll just have to ask Shigure…" Yuki sweatdropped. 'This will be difficult.' He thought.

***

About had week had passed since the accident and Yuki and Shigure had so far successfully kept their transformations a secret from the girls. Tohru had resumed her duties around the house; she felt it was only right for letting both her and Uo stay.

One this particular day she was returning home from the store, a bag of groceries in her hands. As she neared the house she spotted an unfamiliar boy ahead of her on the path. Not paying attention to where she was going she tripped on a branch laying on the path and fell to the ground.

The boy ahead of her spun around. "Hey!" He shouted and ran to her.

"Ow…" Tohru moaned in pain. She looked up at the boy. She noticed he had the oddest shade of orange for his hair color and his eyes were a strange magenta color. "Were you going to Shigure's house?" She wondered

"Well of course I was you idiot!" He snapped at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She gasped and picked up her things and stood up.

"Tohru, you really are an idiot sometimes…." He sighed.

Tohru gasped and starred at the boy. "Oh…so you know me," She said in a rather depressed manner.

"Of course I do! I mean I know I left but it was only a month!"

"I'm…I'm sorry!!!" Tohru cried and ran back to Shigure's house.

She continued to go straight up to her bedroom, running right past Yuki, Shigure and Uo at the table.

"What the hell is going on with her!?" Kyo's voice exploded as he entered the house.

"Stupid cat…" Yuki muttered.

Author's Notes: Yeah and now for notes to the reviewers!!!!

Nightfall2525: Don't fret, things will get better. I promise!

GirlWaterShaman: Hana should play a part in helping later I think.

Craze: Hm…that would have been interesting, but alas, it is too late.

CrissyKitty: Sorry, I'm a Kyo+Tohru fangirl through and through.

Daine-Wildmage: Glad you like it. Hiro was…around…lol

I-Am-Miroku's-Daughter: Noooo no stalking XP