Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Forget Me ❯ Kisa's Regret ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't Forget Me

Chapter Three: Kisa's Regret

Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket. Please do not copy or steal this fanfic.

Author's Notes: Hello everyone. Well it seems everyone is excited for Kyo's reaction to Tohru's condition. And have no fear for now you shall know! ^_^ Also, for those wondering what other pairings shall be within this fanfic besides Tohru+Kyo, there will be some Shigure+Mii, Kisa+Haru, Yuki+Matoko (yes, fear me >D) and maybe some others if I feel like it.

~Kisa's Regret~

Tohru lay on her stomach on her bed, crying into her pillow. 'I…I feel so empty.' She thought sadly.

***

"What did you do to Tohru you idiot!?" Uo shouted and jumped to her feet. She immediately ran up the stairs to go to Tohru's room.

"I didn't do anything Yankee, and what the hell are you doing here!? Kyo shouted to her as she left.

"She's living here at the moment." Shigure stated calmly.

"And why is she doing that?" Kyo slumped down into a sitting position.

"Well, while you were visiting Kazuma for the month, Tohru has accidentally had her memories of us erased." Shigure replied.

"She what!?" Kyo exploded once more. "How does someone 'accidentally' have their memories erased?!"

"About a week ago a Tohru and Yuki went with Kisa, Momiji and Hiro to the park," Shigure began. "Kisa bumped into a boy at the park and transformed so Hatori came to erase the boys memories. Unfortunately Tohru was close enough for the boy to grab her at the last minute and both of their memories were erased."

"And there's no way to reverse it?" Kyo wondered.

"None," Yuki shook his head sadly.

"Damn…this is just stupid," Kyo said bitterly and stood up once more. He made his way for the steps leading upstairs. He slowly approached Tohru's room and heard Uo trying to calm her down. Tohru didn't sound like she was going to stop crying any time soon and Kyo wasn't feeling all that patient at the moment so he barged into the room.

"What do you think you're doing idiot!" Uo scolded.

"I need to talk to Tohru," Kyo grunted in reply.

"I don't think so. You've upset her enough for one day!"

"Dammit, I just want to talk! I'm not going to upset her!"

Tohru reached out and grabbed Uo's sleeve. "Uo, it's not his fault. I'll be all right," she choked through her tears.

"Toh…ru…" Uo looked down at her friends face with a worried expression.

"I promise Uo, I'll be fine."

"Fine," Uo sighed in defeat and turned back to Kyo. "But I swear if anything happens I'm going to kill you Kyo," she said sternly and left the room, closing the door behind her.

"I…" Kyo started. It was another apology to Tohru. He was always apologizing to her, and yet they never came out easy. He hated hurting Tohru in anyway, but he always seemed to do just that. And despite that Tohru stayed by his side. "I'm sorry for yelling at you like that. I…didn't know you're memories were erased," he managed to say after sitting next to Tohru on her bed.

"Erased?" Tohru blinked at him, making a few more tears drip down her cheeks. "You mean the amnesia?"

"Er…yeah, that's what I meant," Kyo nodded. 'I guess they didn't explain about the curse then,' he thought.

"I'm sorry that I can't remember you," Tohru said, starting to cry harder.

"Hey! No crying or else that Yankee will come in here and kill me!" Kyo growled.

"Oh! Right," Tohru tried to stop her crying, but the tears kept falling.

Kyo took the sleeve of his aqua sweatshirt and lifted it to Tohru's face. He whipped away her tears and looked at her sadly. "Please don't cry Tohru. I'll still be your friend even if you don't remember."

"K…Kyo," Tohru stuttered and starred up at him. "Thank you." She blushed and managed to smile a bit. "I'll do my best."

"Well…All right," Kyo blushed and looked away. "Are you all done crying then?"

"I think so," Tohru nodded. She slid off the bed and stood up. I should go start dinner now," she said and grabbed the grocery bag she had brought home.

"Do…you need help?" Kyo offered with an awkward voice.

"Sure." Tohru smiled.

***

"Tohru?" Shigure called into the kitchen the next day. Sure enough there was Tohru cooking away.

"Hm?" Tohru said and looked over her shoulder at Shigure.

"You have a few visitors," he replied.

"Visitors for me?" Tohru blinked putting a cutting knife down on the counter.

"Yes, they're relatives of Yuki, Kyo and myself. They were friends of yours as well before the accident. They wanted to see how you were."

"Oh," Tohru looked sad for a moment, but cheered up in a matter of seconds. "All right!" Tohru smiled and followed Shigure into the main room.

She saw sitting at the table three young children; two boys and a girl. "Um…hello," she said quietly and sat down with them.

"Tohru, this is Kisa, and Hiro," Shigure introduced the girl, who was looking the saddest of them all, and the boy who seemed rather indifferent. "They're both in their final year of middle school now."

"Hi Tohru!" The other boy piped up. "I'm Momiji! I'm a year younger than you!" He said as happily as he could.

"Hello everyone," Tohru nodded at them.

"Sis…Sissy?" Kisa squirmed in her seat.

"Uh…yes?" Tohru hoped she was referring to her. 'She's so cute!' Tohru thought absently.

"Are you feeling better?" Kisa asked meekly.

"Yes, I feel fine!" Tohru smiled at the girl. She then noticed that the girl looked like she was about to cry. "Is something wrong?" She asked.

Kisa got to her feet. "I'm so sorry!" Kisa cried, her tears finally falling freely. "This is all my fault!" She shouted and ran out of the house.

"Kisa!" Hiro and Momiji jumped up trying to follow her. When they got outside Kisa was nowhere to be seen.

"Great," Shigure sighed. "Yuki! Kyo!" He shouted.

A few minutes later Yuki and Kyo entered the main room. "What do you want?" Kyo asked rudely.

"It's Kisa!" Momiji cried. "She ran off!"

"And I doubt she's going to head home either," Shigure shook his head.

"What happened?" Yuki wondered.

"She got upset because 'Sissy' doesn't remember and she thinks it her fault," Hiro replied, sending a pang of guilt to Tohru.

"All right," Yuki nodded. "We'll start searching for her." With that said the two boys left the house with Momiji and Hiro following.

'Poor Kisa…" Tohru thought and sighed at the feeling of utter helplessness rising within her.

Author's Notes: W00t! new reviewer notes!

I-Am-Miroku's-Daughter: Thankies Mayu!!! :hug:

Da-Chan: Thanks! I hope you liked Kyo's reaction ^_^

CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl: Maybeeeeee. XD

Darkness Sweetheart2000: Glad you like it and I hope you liked his reaction!

ppiglette: That was exactly my problem! So that's one of the reasons I made this fic!

Sand Panda: May I say Wow? Wow. I really like getting comments like these and I don't get them often. I hope I improved in this chapter. I'm trying to at the very least. I know my details are often lacking, but I'm glad you seem to be enjoying the story as well!

AiTenshiKosmos: whistles *'It's A Small World'* Glad you liked it, and I can't wait for more of your fic!