Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Forget Me ❯ Haru's Comfort and Tohru's Shock ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't Forget Me

Chapter Four: Haru's Comfort and Tohru's Shock

Disclaimer: Yep, I still don't own Fruits Basket. Please don't copy or steal this fic!

Author's Notes: Now I've gotten a few complaints about needing more details, and not going so fast with the plot. I shall do my best and I hope the pace improves!!! I'm very sorry if everyone feels rushed reading this!

~Haru's Comfort and Tohru's Shock~

Hatsuharu scanned the road ahead of him. Only moments earlier he had received a phone call from Shigure. He sighed deeply as he remembered the conversation. He knew something like this would happen when he heard about the accident. `Kisa is just too sensitive,' he thought and shook his head. `It's not her fault this happened.'

He continued on searching for quite sometime without any luck. When he almost felt like giving up he bumped into Yuki, who looked about as tired as he felt. "Oh, Haru," Yuki blinked. "Are you looking for Kisa too?" He wondered.

"Yeah," Haru nodded in reply. "Shigure called and told me what happened. I take it you haven't seen her then?"

"No," Yuki sighed regrettably. "She's a good hider, that's for sure."

"Yep, though not good enough." He motioned for Yuki to look upwards. Yuki followed Haru's gaze and immediately caught sight of the two legs dangling just above them. And of course those legs were attached to Kisa, who was sitting on a tree branch crying. It appeared she hadn't heard Haru and Yuki approach. "I'll talk to her." Haru whispered to Yuki. "Why don't you go tell the other's we found her?"

Yuki merely nodded with a smile and started walking in the other direction. As he waited for Yuki to leave Haru shoved his hands in his pocket and starred up at Kisa. He waited in silence until he heard her sniffle and then hiccup. Shaking his head Haru sighed and thought of what to say. "Hey," was all that he could manage to say.

Kisa gasped at the sound of Haru's voice and quickly looked over her shoulder and spotted him standing there, starring back up at her. "Ha…Hatsuharu?"

"Kisa, what are you doing up there crying?" Haru wondered, even though he already knew the answer.

"It's…" Kisa started, but lost her balance on the branch as she did. She let out a shrill cry and she fell off and pelted to the ground.

Haru lept forward and caught her before she hit the ground. "Are you all right Kisa?" he asked, voice full of concern.

"I fell out of a tree…" Kisa's voice whispered.

"Yeah," Haru nodded.

"That's…that's what they told Sissy!" Kisa cried and buried her face in Hatsuharu's shoulder. "They told her that she fell trying to help me out of a tree."

"Shh…it's al right." Haru held the girl close and did his best to comfort her. "Tohru is going to be fine."

"But, Hatsuharu…no one's ever remembered us after Hatori erases their memories!" Kisa protested.

"Kisa, are you giving up on Tohru so easily?" Haru questioned her.

"Wha…what do you mean?" Kisa wondered and looked up at Haru, her eyes filled with tears.

"Tell me…how would you describe Tohru, Kisa?"

Kisa thought a moment. She wasn't quite sure where Hatsuharu was going with this question, but she finally came upon an answer.

"Sissy…Sissy is kind, dependable, hardworking, helpful…determined," she said, contemplating each word as they escape from her lips. Her eyes began to widen at her own words.

Haru nodded knowingly. "Exactly." He smiled. "Kisa, Tohru cares about you, and all of us, very much. She's not just going to leave us alone. Just the fact that she's still living at Shigure's house shows that she wants to try and remember. So are you just going to cry and run away from her or are you going to help her like she always helps us?"

"I…I want to help Sissy!" Kisa cried.

"I knew you would." Haru smirked and wiped away the tears gracing Kisa's face. "Now, why don't we go back and talk with Tohru?"

Kisa nodded slowly as Haru let her down. Before starting back to Shigure's house Kisa spun to face Hatsuharu and hugged him tightly. "Thank-you Hatsuharu." She managed a smile.

"No problem. I'm glad you're feeling better. You're so much prettier when you're smiling," he said, offering his hand to her. Kisa blushed slightly and took his hand. Together the two made their way back to see Tohru.

***

Tohru sighed as she sat out on the front steps of Shigure's house with Uo. "I…I hope Kisa's all right," she said quietly.

"I'm sure she is. The Prince or Orange-top will find her soon enough," Uo assured Tohru.

As if on cue the two girls spotted Yuki and Kyo coming down the path towards the house. "Oh!" Tohru gasped and ran to them. "You…you didn't find Kisa?" she said, looking very upset.

"No, we did," Yuki, replied. "Our cousin, Hatsuharu was just talking to her. I'm sure they'll be here soon."

"Ah, I'm so relieved!" Tohru took a deep breath. "I hope she's not too upset with me."

"She's not upset with you idiot!" Kyo shouted.

"Oh!" Tohru gasped in shock. "She isn't?"

"Of course not Miss. Honda. Kisa's just upset with herself. I'm sure she isn't angry with you," Yuki told her. "Why don't we just go and wait for them?"

"All right," Tohru nodded and went back to the steps.

Not long after Kyo and Yuki's return, Tohru saw Kisa walking down the path, hold hands with a handsome young man who she assumed was the Hatsuharu that Yuki had mentioned earlier. "Kisa!" Tohru shouted and ran once more up the path to meet her.

"Sissy!" Kisa smiled as she let go of Hatsuharu's hand and ran into Tohru's open arms. "I'm sorry for running away like that!" She apologized.

"It's all right Kisa," Tohru replied. "But please don't be upset, with me or yourself. I'll do my best to remember, so please don't cry."

"I promise, I won't cry anymore," Kisa replied. "And I'm going to do my best to help you remember!"

"It's a promise then," Tohru smiled.

"Right," Kisa agreed.

***

A week had passed since the incident with Kisa. Things had gone smoothly since then. Kisa, Momiji, Haru and Hiro came to visit regularly with Tohru and Tohru in turn was settling in quite nicely. Uo noticed this of course and she was about ready to see if Tohru needed her to stay anymore. She and Hana had agreed that she was only to stay there long enough for Tohru to feel comfortable. The figured that having her stay in the same living conditions as she had before the accident might help her remember, so that meant that Uo wasn't part of the equation. Uo sighed at that depressing thought as she entered the kitchen where Tohru was making dinner. "Hey," was all she said.

"Oh, Uo!" Tohru turned and smiled at her friend. "Dinner should be done soon!"

"All right," Uo said. "But we need to talk for a bit."

"Hm? What's that matter Uo?" Tohru wondered, putting everything down and walking over to her.

"I was wondering…are you all right living here?" Uo asked point-blank.

"Well of course!" Tohru smiled. "It's nice living here together!"

"No, I mean…if I were to go home would you be all right?"

Tohru looked at Uo, a bit startled by her question. "I…" She began, but didn't know how to continue.

"I'm not trying to pressure you or anything," Uo said after seeing Tohru's reaction. "Why don't you think about it and talk to me later all right?"

"Sure!" Tohru agreed. "Well I better go finish dinner!" She said and bustled back over to the counter.

***

`Kyo wasn't at dinner,' Tohru thought as she washed the dishes. `I wonder where he is…' When the last dish was dried and put away Tohru walked outside. Uo was up in her room, Shigure was in his study and Yuki had disappeared somewhere. Tohru looked up to the sky and smiled. `It's such a nice evening,' she thought. She then looked back at the house. `The roof…' The thought suddenly appeared in her mind. Then she had an urge to climb up on to the roof and there was no explaining it.

She finally managed to find a way up to the roof and immediately spotted Kyo lying on the roof, his head resting on to of his arms as he starred up into the sky. "Kyo?" Tohru called to him.

"Huh?" Kyo tilted his head and saw Tohru. He jumped up into a sitting position and starred at her. "How…how did you know I was here?"

"I didn't really," Tohru replied and crawled over to sit next to him. "It was like something was pulling me all the way up here."

Kyo watched Tohru in amazement. "Oh…" Was all he could say though.

"So…are you hungry at all? I mean you didn't come down for dinner and all…" Tohru offered. "There's some stew left over."

"Ah…sure," Kyo nodded. "I'm a little hungry I guess."

"Okay!" Tohru smiled and stood up, getting ready to go downstairs. But as she did she tripped over an uplifted shingle and fell, slipping to edge of the roof.

"Tohru!" Kyo shouted and ran after her. As she began to fall off the edge Kyo grabbed Tohru's arm but her weight was too much so instead of being able to pull her up he had to jump behind her. They both landed on the ground with a thud; Kyo landing first then cushioning Tohru's landing.

Suddenly Tohru heard a popping noise and a cloud of orange smoke surrounded her for a few seconds. She then realized that she was no longer on top of Kyo. She jumped up and looked down on the ground. There, buried under Kyo's clothes was an orange cat that looked rather dazed. Tohru's eyes widened in shock as she reached down and scooped up the cat. "K…Kyo!?" She screamed.

Author's notes: So was it better paced or was it still way to fast? I hope this chapter was enjoyable and the next one should be more on the funny side I think ^_^