Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Every Single One ❯ Time Spent ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twelve: Time Spent
 
A/N: Hello everyone and sorry for the long wait. I had mid-terms; they ended yesterday, so all I've been doing for the past six days is studying. >.< I thought I was going to die of boredom. But, right after my last mid-term was over I started to write, after all, I had the inspiration (how could I not, what, with seeing and reading about how Kyo kisses Tohru in chapter 122 of Furuba) I just didn't have the time. -.- Well, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!
 
(-)-(-)
 
It's been so wonderful, these past three days; they've been like a dream. The missing warmth through my fingers, these past couple of weeks, returned. The gentle and heated love that I have for her pumps full speed through my veins. This amazing feeling all started on the day of our first true date…
 
-Flashback-
 
Tohru had just asked my out on a date. Tohru asked! Inside I was taken by surprise-so shocked that I didn't even answer right away-but when I did…I had known that our relationship would never be the same again.
 
As I held her in my arms, with only her bag in between us, I let myself believe. I told myself that some time soon I would tell her the words that have been haunting my heart. One day soon I would be able to place my lips over hers.
 
So soon…
 
That was the fantasy that I had created and that had been the moment it had been born. I had let myself get lost in it.
 
Just for a while…
 
We broke from the hug and Tohru went and grabbed my hand. This time we continued to hold hands and stood so close; we had been just like that as I walked with her to the train station. On the train we stood right by each other-Tohru rested her head on my shoulder-her eyes had stared blankly at nothing. Neither of us had spoken since we had released the embrace. Both of us just wanted to enjoy the other's silent company. I walked her to Hanajima's house, her hand untangled from mine, and her eyes had captured the sadness of having to part. I put on a smile and had told her not to be too upset, since our first date was tomorrow. A true smile had graced her face and she walked into Hana's house. I walked back to the train station and back Shigure's house. I had noted how neither of us had blushed through the whole scene…
 
Without thought I made my way back to Shigure's house. I couldn't call it home, because it wasn't home, without Tohru there, it was just a place to eat and sleep.
 
I noticed how Yuki and Shigure acted like they did before they had gotten their memories erased. It had made me wonder and it had made me hope, but I, ultimately, had been too afraid to ask; too afraid to ask if they had their memories back. Yet, I stayed silent and I tried to sleep, but I had been too excited to shut down my mind. My eyes ha not let me submit to the darkness that came with slumber, instead, my eyes had only seen Tohru…Tohru and her smile.
 
I must have fallen off to sleep at some point, though, I don't remember when. But, when the light had hit my face, which told me that the day was here-I let myself fall into my self-created fantasy. I had let the though that everything would be okay overcome me. Even though, I had known what I had done to be wrong, that it would only cause me more pain in the end…I had done it anyway…
 
The school day had gone on forever. I had only been able to get through it all because of Tohru. Every time I would look at her, she would smile, and when I couldn't see her smile, I got by from her laugh.
 
Then the school day had ended and the bell had rung. I had gotten up and waited for Tohru just outside the school. She had walked out the door only a few minutes later, smiled, and then took my hand. Her eyes had been a blazed, with happiness, and her chocolate colored hair had blown in the breeze. The moment, as we had walked away from the school hand-in-hand, had been perfect.
 
I had turned to her and had asked her where she wanted to go. I had figured she would turn down any question of where she wanted to go, and instead, as me where I wanted to go. But, she didn't, which surprised me. It shouldn't have though, I had noticed it the other day-this new Tohru-it was only then that I realized that Tohru had kept to the promise she had made to me. She was not her true self and she allowed herself to be slightly more selfish. Right then, as we headed for the ice skating rink, for Tohru had wanted to go ice skating, she had never seemed more amazing.
 
The sun had shone so brightly down upon us and the sound of birds as they chirped had surrounded us, as we walked down the sidewalk, Tohru's warm hand in mine. In a brief moment like that, I had fallen in love with her all over again.
 
That emotion of love had been overpowered by contentment as I saw Tohru's eyes light up in happiness. For there we were, right in front of the ice rink. The walk must have been a few minutes long, yet it had only seemed like seconds, not long enough, in my opinion. Nevertheless, we had proceeded into the rink and I paid for the skates, which we rented, and for the tickets that would allow us onto the rink.
 
I had never skated before that day and Tohru hadn't either. Such a thing had been easy to assume, due to Tohru's hands, which were latched upon the side of the rink. Her eyes were wide with both fear and glee. In order to clam her down, I went onto the ice, free of any sides. At first my balance had been unsteady, at best, but I had quickly regained my balance and reached my hand out towards Tohru. A smile had fallen onto my features…A smile that I had then realized was not as awkward or as rare as it had first been.
 
It had been a shock…How much I had changed…
 
As the ice had glistened around us and as we had danced around each other over the frozen water, Tohru's laughter consumed my mind. My mind wandered as the two of us ice skated, we made sure to keep our distance. I thought of how I had been when I had first met Tohru. I had been so mean, so inexperienced when it came to people, and so lost. Then Tohru had come and she had found me…Saved me.
 
The rest of the time had passed in bliss, as we talked about things of little importance, but every word had meant something special to the both of us. Our first date had been wonderful and so innocent and sweet. I had been driven further into my made up dream.
 
I had just fallen deeper and deeper into my fantasy over the next two days. How could I have not, when I had felt Tohru lay back upon my arm that I had wrapped around her on our second date, which had been at the movies? The magic of it all had imprisoned me and all because Tohru had been by my side as we had watched the movie upon the large screen in the dark movie theater. It had felt like a normal date that normal teenagers would have gone on, and on that night, on that date, we were not different…We were the same as everyone else, but, then Thursday came, our third date.
 
We had decided to not do anything special. We had just walked around the park that Tohru use to bring Kisa and Hiro to when they had been younger. Nothing all that spectacular had happened, we had just walked, my hand had been intertwined with hers. We walked in a peaceful silence, Tohru or I would talk every now and then, but our minds had been focused on the other's presence, rather than their words.
 
Finally, we had sat down at a bench, as we watched the sun as it dipped down into the earth. We had sat there and ate some Ramen, which we had brought at a Ramen stand nearby. We continued to sit on that bench, even after the sun had sunk low behind the earth. Stars and the moon had begun to shine.
 
I had gotten up to go, but Tohru had stayed seated, her hand reached out and had pulled me back down. She had rested her head against my shoulder and had let her eyelids drift over her brown orbs. Then she had spoken, her voice had been so soft, “Kyo, let's stay just a little bit longer.” And then, I had known she had felt the same way I did. She hadn't said it, but she had known just as well as I did…I stored all the memories that had come to pass over the last three days…We both had known that the dream…The vision that had enraptured our minds over the last few days, would, by the next day, come to an end.
 
-End Flashback-
 
That marvel was now gone. I know what I must do and what must be said to Tohru. Today, I must tell her…It had been my fault…All my fault…that her mother was now died.
 
(-)-(-)
 
A/N: Well, there is the chapter, everyone. : D I hope that you all liked it and, since mid-terms are now over, I should get the next chapter up sooner. Oh, and a note about this chapter, at the end, Kyo really does blame himself for Tohru's mothers death in the manga. The reason why is found out in chapter 120, and here is a preview for Chapter Thirteen:
 
Chapter Thirteen: Hurtful Truths
 
Kyo starts to feel the weight of having his memories and this leads to him thinking about being locked up and the death. He believes that it is time for Tohru to know the truth, though; Tohru has some truths to tell him, as well.
 
Thanks for reading and reviewing! Ja ne, minna-san. : )