Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Every Single One ❯ Graduation Day; Part Two: My Constant ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eighteen: Graduation Day
Part Two: My Constant
 
A/N: Hello everyone, sorry about the wait, I've had a rather hectic week. Anyway, I gave out individual thank you's, but, I thought I'd give a general one: thank you to all my readers and reviewers out there, you all mean a lot to me. Well, time to get on to the story and I hope you like it. : )
 
(-)-(-)
 
Warm arms wrapped themselves around her small body. The simple show of affection and comfort was all that she needed at that moment. The heat of the embrace made all the worries get lost in the fog, which seemed to cloud her mind. She wished to be held, like so, forever…
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
Tohru changed into her pajamas and fell onto the bed. Her body and mind were both exhausted at the mere thought of what was to lie ahead. How was it possible that her whole being was so drained by the simplistic thought of graduation? She thought that she had already overcome her fears and anxieties for the future, but, it would seem, she wasn't. Tohru let a sigh slip from her lips.
 
Yet, despite her obvious need for sleep, she was unable to find any slumber. It frustrated her to no end, as she tossed and turned, in her large bed; after all, she could sense the end of an era (so to say). After this night, she would no longer be the young high school student who knew of the Sohma curse, instead, she would be the young woman who was no longer sworn to secrecy and in love with a Sohma.
 
In love, yes, she loved Kyo so much, and maybe…maybe that was what she truly needed at the moment. Thus, she lifted herself off the bed and headed for the door, only to open it and move silently into the darkened hallway. Right now, all she needed was Kyo.
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
She let out a sound that one would describe as a surprised gasp. As kisses, each like a fierce blaze, trailed over her exposed skin. Explored her neck and shoulders, stomach and breasts, thighs…Those lips then captured her own, yet, they held no desperation like they did before, instead…instead-they held content and love…
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
Kyo heard a soft knock on his door and briefly wondered who it could be, only to realize moments later, that it could (and would) be Tohru. His feet were light as he made his way to the door and then quickly opened it; moonlight poured out from the windows and into the room. The silver colored rays melted onto Tohru's sleepy form and shone magically off of her hair. Tired brown eyes looked up into surprised maroon ones.
 
“I…I can't sleep.” Kyo just barely heard the whispered words, as Tohru bent her head downward, as if she were ashamed.
 
At that moment, Kyo had no idea what to say, yet, he had a million questions all rammed in his head. But, his voice would not speak one of them. So, he just reached out and felt his rough hand wrap around Tohru's soft and pale arm, he tugged her smoothly into his moonlit room.
 
“You don't have to be ashamed, ya know.” Kyo's mind grew frustrated at his body, for, a blush had crawl its way onto his tanned cheeks, though, the tint of red was hidden by the darkness of the night.
 
Tohru gingerly glanced up at him, her voice was meek, but nevertheless, her words were not, “I…want….Kyo….I want to stay with you tonight. I want to be with you tonight.” Her whole face was flushed and her chocolate eyes held a nervous tint.
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
Elation. Each touch took her breath away; made her mind become fogged, and float away. With every swift movement of their synergized bodies the heat within her grew. A glow encased her insides. How she hoped for the sensation to freeze and never leave. Build. The stir in her grew with the seconds, as they passed swiftly by, and soon…soon the sense within her devoured all thought and emotions. Overcome by it all, she screamed out in utmost pleasure.
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
“Just be yourself.” Those old words, which her mother had spoken to her so long ago, echoed inside her head. “Just say what your feeling. Let other's know what's on your mind. Yell, scream, get angry…” Kyo's words haunted her mind as well, and, she didn't know why she just told Kyo what she did-but she did not regret her words. Not one bit. She meant all of it. She wanted to be with him.
 
Not a word was said as the moments passed them by, neither knew what could or should be done, for not one nor the other had ever been in such a situation. Tohru could just imagine the look of her ignited face in the middle of the dark night. The way she must have looked like just a small little girl; hair tied back by light blue ribbons, so innocent and pure. Kyo wouldn't want to taint her-she knew-at least, she thought she did.
 
“A-are you sure, Tohru. Is this…would you….but, your so pure, how can I taint such a pure soul…such pure skin?” He came close to her, a look of want and desire swirled around a glint of insecurity, as his warm and tanned arms captured Tohru's petite form. She relinquished in his embrace, one so heated.
 
Out of instinct her arms latched themselves to his body, almost like a desperate cry of consent. She could hold him in her arms now; he would never disappear in a cloud of smoke, not anymore. He would be forever in her life, she wanted that, at least, and she would have it. He taught her how to be selfish, how to let herself be granted (even if it was only one thing) that she wanted. And, she wanted him. With her life now in full bloom, with constant change in sight, he would be her anchor and stay put, always be there…She wanted to show him that. She wanted to be connected to him in such an intimate way, but…did Kyo want that? Would Kyo want her by his side as much as she did…?
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
Never. She never wanted this bliss to end. Never. She never wanted him to leave her side. Never…
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
The way her large eyes seemed to trace his face and her cheeks shown with the slight tint of pink-she was beautiful; even if, she was so close to sleep. He wanted to show how much he loved her, yet, to stain a thing so white, with red…the not-even-justified-guilt built up in his chest.
 
Yet, she returned his embrace, and that was consent enough.
 
Gradually he bent down and brought his lips onto hers. Continually he walked backward, until his leg bumped into the bed. Both their bodies collapsed on top of the bed, limbs entwined. Kisses trailed off from lips to other, more sensitive skin, as Kyo watched her melted chocolate orbs become glazed. That sight alone, of the known muse that he caused her body such happiness, no sense of regret nabbed his heart. Not once…
 
Not when he was so enraptured by her lovely scent and the glimmer of her splendor-so subtle-but still there. His eyes never left hers as her mind, body, and soul traveled, for the very first time, into ecstasy. Kyo followed her soon after.
 
In that moment…In that moment Kyo felt…
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
After it all, in that moment…in that moment Tohru felt…
 
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
 
Complete.
 
(-)-(-)
 
Birds, she could hear the birds as they chirped. The sound was so pleasant to her ears, and so, a small and jubilant sigh escaped her lips. The touch of skin against skin, dark stain against light porcelain; calm brown strands twisted around feisty orange. She felt alive, utterly alive.
 
Heavy eyelids flew open and wiped any reminisce of sleep with them. For, the fact that she hadn't received much sleep the previous night did not show in her irises. They radiated a spark of awareness. And, as her body molded onto Kyo's own form, her heart was no longer heavy with sorrow or regret, and her soul wished to move forward. She was not afraid, not anymore.
 
(-)-(-)
 
By her side he knelt, the grave of Honda Kyoko in front of him. He was no longer reluctant to come here, he finally learned (after last night) to put the past behind him for good. Whether Kyoko blamed him or not, no longer mattered, after all, Tohru didn't-that was more than enough.
 
He silently prayed that Tohru would stay by his side forever. In his mind, he asked her mother, for her permission to marry Tohru. The one thing he wanted more than any other, a realization that came when he admitted to himself that he loved her. Without even a small glance upward, Kyo reached out for Tohru's hand, once found, he laced his fingers with hers. So tight. He wasn't about to let go.
 
He would hold on forever…
 
He wouldn't run away…
 
He would stay by her side…
 
(-)-(-)
 
“It was amazing! Wasn't it, Kyo?” Her voice sounded chipper as she let out a tiny giggle, head rested against his shoulder. She loved the closeness of their forms. The way they dissolved right into one another. How perfect.
 
She caught the small sound of Kyo sigh, “It wasn't that great. All we did was graduate; nothing too amazing about that. And, plus, it made you cry.” Here his voice got extremely soft, “I don't like that.”
 
“I understand that it didn't mean all that much to you, Kyo, but it meant a whole lot to me. I've fulfilled my promise to mother. My tears were of happiness.” Her voice didn't hold a once of sadness or scorn, all it was…was warm.
 
“I've had something important on my mind lately, too.” His voice was quite, yet, Tohru could almost see the nervous aura that surrounded him. She wanted to help him get rid of it; she wanted to be there for him, like he was there for her.
 
She gave his hand a light squeeze. “What is it? Kyo, you can tell me.”
 
He nodded his head, “I know. I want to ask you it now, away from everyone else, though.” He pulled her away from the crowd of people. Away from the adolescent cheers and laughs; into the motionless forest that surrounded the outskirts of the school. He turned around, his tongue quickly dampened his lips, “Tohru, I don't have much to give you, I can't even give you a ring, but I…I want you to always be by my side. Tohru, I want us to stay together.” As his words slipped from his lips, Tohru could only think of that cold and wet night, so many years ago it seemed now, when she told him that same thing. “Will you…will you marry me, Tohru?”
 
No thought had to be given to answer this, a gentle smile tugged at her lips and her eyes softened, “Yes, Kyo. The answer will always be yes.”
 
Sunlight streamed through the green leaves, shadows played across the deep brown of the trees, and cheery blossoms danced through the air. It was a true wonder that such an abundance of tragedies, could lead to such a fairytale end.
 
“What a horrifying sight, truly sickening.” An unknown voice filtered into Tohru's ears and made her feel slightly sick.
 
(-)-(-)
 
He hated that voice that face, that body, that being, he hated all of the man-every bit. Why couldn't the past ever stay there? Why did it have to venture away from his memories and into reality once again? He didn't want to deal with all of this right now, but he promised that he would no longer run away.
 
“Why are you here, I don't want you here, and I don't need you here.” Kyo even winced at the coldness of his own voice, nevertheless, he held true to it. “My friends, my family,” here he clutched Tohru's hand tighter, “and all that are important to me. They are all here-there is neither room nor want for you-just go.”
 
“Kyo…” He could easily predict what she was about to say; that he shouldn't be so cruel to his “father”, yet, the man before him was no such thing. This man abandoned him, left him alone in the harsh world as only a child. Called him a monster and placed blame on a naïve little boy. Wished death and containment on him…Such a thing is not a father.
 
He turned to face the man, the man who didn't even look like him; he might have-at one time-but not anymore. “I don't regret a single thing in my life. Not one. Mother may have died and it was, most likely, because of me, but I didn't tell-didn't force her-to do it. She chose death on her own. She chose to see only the human me, not the animal, and not the monster. I thought, because of you and your words, that I would forever be alone.”
 
“I'm not. Tohru, doesn't care about whether I'm human, cat, or monster. Whether I'm normal or cursed. She just loves me.”
 
His father smirked, “What puke worthy thoughts you've laid in my head, two monsters falling in love with each other.”
 
“Your words don't hold any affect over me. They just bounce right off my skin; graze it like a paper cut that will soon heal no more stinging gashes. I'm stronger. I have Tohru…Tohru, who I love.” By the time he finished his words were not harsh, they were not bitter, they just held pity.
 
The dark haired man in front of him let out a sharp, short, and painful laugh, “Love? You don't know the meaning of it; you never can, and never will. Only human's can love, not creatures or monsters!”
 
“I am human.” He let go of Tohru's hand for a spilt second as he slipped his red and white beads from his wrist; then he latched onto her hand again, the man's eyes wide, “I can love. The question is: did you ever know what love felt like, can you ever love, or can you only hate? Those words you said about me and Tohru, Akito said those same words to me, about a year or so ago, she couldn't love then either, but now…the curse is gone. She has found peace, found Shigure, and found love. Can you ever find love? Can a pitiful man like you-with no wife and no son-still find love?”
 
Kyo pulled Tohru away from the heart-retched scene, her eyes wide and filled with despair, her overly empathized heart reached out to the broken man. And, just before they hustled back into the crowd of overzealous teenagers, Tohru spoke quietly, “Some day…You'll find love, someday…”
 
Those words got lost to the wind.
 
(-)-(-)
 
A/N: That's the end of this chapter and after this, only the epilogue to go. Wow, I can't believe that I have only one more chapter to write for this fic and then it is over…I'm thinking about doing a companion fic, not a sequel, it will have some funny bits and scenes that I wanted to put in, but the mood of the story never allowed. It would be updated whenever and I won't promise that I will finish it; after all, I have my SO3 fanfic to work on now. Finally, I just want to say: tell me what you think of this chapter in a review please, it would mean a lot to me. I worked really hard on this chapter and am proud of how it came out. Take care, everyone! Ja ne. : D
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-