Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Fruits Basket ❯ Chapter 3 Akito ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fruits Basket
a fan fic by: Lindsey Huff



Chapter 3: Akito



The next morning, I was in my room getting ready for the day, when there was a firm knock on my door. Since I've been living in the Sohma house, I've come accostumed to the way they did stuff. Even their knocking was different. Shigure always did a little melody and Yuki's were soft and undisturbing. Kyo's, which were the ones I heard now, were firm and hard. He wanted to be heard and he wanted me to know he was there. I got up and opened the door. Sure enough, there stood Kyo.
"Hey, listen, I talked to the others and...." he started looking down.
"And? And?" I prompted eager to know.
"Well they...they said you should meet Akito," Kyo said slowly.
"Oh really?" I said cheerfully.
"Yeah, but you gotta take Yuki and Shigure with you," he said looking at me now.
"What? What about you Kyo?" I questioned.
"I....Akito won't wanna see me, he'll think I'd be begging for something and...he might hurt you," Kyo said.
I started to say something to Kyo but he turned and walked out of my door way before I could finish. Kyo seemed really upset about this. It was not too long ago that I heard Kyo saying he'd rather be anywhere but here, I wonder what had changed his mind. Ever since I heard the news that Kyo was leaving yesterday, he wasn't around. After he told me, he left the room and didn't say a word, to anyone. He didn't eat either, and that worried me. Kyo hadn't eaten in a day, or fought with Yuki.
"I wonder why Kyo hasn't fought with Yuki?" I thought out loud to myself.
"Uh, Miss Honda?" I heard Yuki's voice from my doorway.
I turned to see Yuki and quickly became embrassed. "Oh Yuki! I didn't see you there, I'm sorry if I was talking about you! I didn't mean that I want you and Kyo to fight, it's just that he hasn't even started an agrument and I was worried and....I'm sorry," I said quickly.
"Please, it's ok, I just came to ask you if you were ready," Yuki said with a polite smile.
"Huh? Oh, yes of course!" I said still embrassed that Yuki had over heard my thoughts.
When we went to leave I wanted to tell Kyo that we were leaving, but I couldn't find him anywhere. Instead I just left him a note on the dining room table and followed Shigure and Yuki outside. After a long walk we finally stood outside the gates to the Sohma estate. Shigure opened up the gates and waited for us to go inside. I went through first, Yuki behind me and then Shigure. We walked towards the main house in front. Something caught my eye, I looked over to see someone looking out the window. Well he was actually sitting and leaning out the window. He caught my eye and then sat up and closed the window. Was that, Akito? We walked up onto the porch of the main house.
"I'll go tell Akito we're here and see if he'll see us now," Shigure said and disappeared inside.
Yuki looked over at me with the same blank expression he always gave, the one that seemed so sad. "Don't be frightened Miss Honda, it's going to alright," he said and then smiled.
I looked back at him nervously. "Oh, I'm not frightened I'm just nervous," I admitted.
"You're not frightened by me?" I heard a voice ask behind me.
I turned to see what I assumed to be Akito. He had short charcoal grey colored hair, with long bangs, sorta like Yuki. He had grey eyes to match his hair but his eyes were different from Yuki's. Yuki's eyes always held a sadness to them, even in their blank expression and these eyes held a deep coldness to them. This person standing before me, had been the one I'd seen at the window. He wore a white tradional robe, like the ones Shigure always wore, and over that he wore an open pink and purple robe that hung a little off his shoulders. Was he Akito?
"I'm sorry, where are my manners? I am Akito Sohma head of the Sohma family, you must be Tohru Honda," he said in a flat, soft, netural voice.
I stood to my feet and bowed. "Oh yes, it's nice to meet you," I said nevrously.
"My aren't you polite? But I have a feeling you didn't come all the way here just to meet me," Akito said in the same tone.
I recovered from the bow and looked at him. "Uh no I didn't actually I--" I began.
"We won't talk out here, come, follow me," he interrupted me turning back into the door way.
Shigure turned first and followed Akito. I stood watching them disappear into a dark hallway for a moment. Then I felt a hand on my arm. I looked over at Yuki, who was giving me a soft look and then he tugged on me gently as he followed Shigure inside. Once inside, we went into a room. The room was dark and had a large window in it. The window, I figured it was the one I saw him looking out of when we first got here. Shigure was sitting down off to the left side, Akito stood his back to us, at the opposite end of the room. Yuki let go of me and sat opposite of Shigure. I sat on the floor, near the door.
"Tell me, why else did you come here today?" Akito asked finally.
"I came to ask about Kyo. Why is it required that he leaves?" I replied getting really nervous.
Akito turned to me and his dark eyes gleamed with a coldness in the dimly lit room. "Why would you ask that? It is a punishment, I have to punish the Sohmas when they disobey, don't I?" he questioned in a cold harsh tone.
I saw Yuki twitch out of the corner of my eye. "But what did he do?" I asked.
Akito frowned a small frown at me and his eyes only seemed to grow colder. "It's a most ridculous thing, Miss Honda. I asked Kyo a question, and of course he answered it, because if he didn't his punishment would've been servre. I asked him and I didn't like the answer," he said.
"Uh, what did you ask him, if you don't mind me asking," I said quickly and looked down at the floor. Those eyes were giving me the shivers.
"I asked him if he had fallen in love," Akito said and I heard him walking towards me. "And he said yes."
I looked up and saw that Akito was standing about five feet away from me now. His eyes held the same coldness and now he had a smile on his face. It wasn't a pleasant happy kind of smile, it was an evil and cruel kind of smile.
"Do you love any one Miss Honda?" Akito asked.
"I...uh...." I started blushing.
"Do you?" he pressed.
"Uh...uh...." I said agin unable to answer.
"I asked you a question you little witch, now answer me!!" he yelled.
I winced as he called me a name and became speechless. The question had already been an akward one and now I couldn't answer it. Before I had the time to do anything, I was lifted to my knees by my hair. I yelped in pain as he pulled me up. His hand was deeply tangled in my hair. He yanked me this way and that, yelling. Until Yuki and Shigure grabbed him by the arms and pulled him away from me. I felt his hand untangle from my hair and then I fell on all fours sobbing. He tried to pull out of their arms, still yelling at me.
"Akito..." I said and he stopped yelling and struggling when I said his name, "even though you tried to hurt me....I want you to know that I don't regret meeting you."
The room went still after I said that, I felt all three pair of eyes on me and I tried to sob softer.
"I think he's calmed, Yuki get Tohru out of here," Shigure said breaking the silence.
"Of course," Yuki said and then I felt his hands on my arms, lifting me to my feet. "Come on, we should go."
I let him take me out of the room and outside of the main house. We waited by the gates for Shigure. It took about ten minutes for him to finally meet us outside. I think it was because he was talking to Akito, because as Yuki took me out of the room, I could've sworn I heard Akito say Shigure's name. I wondered what was said but didn't dwell on it too much, my head still hurt from being tugged around by my hair. I had really meant what I said. I was glad I met Akito, even if he did try to hurt me. I didn't want to regret anything dealing with the Sohmas.