Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I was gone now I'm back ❯ The Truth Reviled ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No!!! I'm such an idiot!!! I screwed up!!! In this chapter I accidentally said that Akito knew everything about Daieki because he met with and talked to her parents. But the other day, I remembered that I wrote he knew everything because he heard what she had to say in the sessions with Hatori. So naturally I had to fix that little problem. So here is the revised edition to chapter 16. I'm sorry for the mix up.
 
 
 
The Truth Reviled
 
“How is she?” Shigure asked as he leaned over Hatori's shoulder, looking down at the unconscious Daieki.
“She needs 10 stitches, but other than that she's fine.”
Hatori, Shigure, and Daieki are in the back of Hatori's office. In this the back room, it's just like a mini hospital. There are a couple of beds and all of Hatori's supplies. Daieki is on one of the beds getting her hand/wrist stitched by Hatori.
“Akito did minimum damage. The cut didn't damage any of her nerves, or anything else. Only thing she'll need is these stitches and wear a bandage over it for a while.” Hatori explained, “There.” Hatori said as he finished the last stitch
“I wonder what she did that set Akito off so bad.” Shigure wondered
Daieki began to stir.
“I think she's waking up.” Shigure announced
“Mhhmm. What happened? Hatori? Shigure? Where am I?” Daieki began to sit up but Hatori gently pushed her back down
“Remember you were with Akito, and he pushed you into the table.” Shigure said
“Oh ya. My hand!” Daieki glanced at her bandaged up hand
“Relax I stitched it up for you.”
“Stitches! How many did I need?”
“Ten. It wasn't anything to serious. All the vase did was cut your skin. No nerves were damaged.”
“I suppose that's good.”
“So Daieki, I'm dieing to hear. What did you say to Akito to make him do this to you?” Shigure asked
Then the whole ugly scene flashed back into Daieki's mind. When she first woke up, her mind was a little hazy. Now she remembered the whole thing.
“He knows.” Tears were falling down her cheeks; she wasn't crying just tearing, “He knows everything about my past. But how?”
“I think I can answer that question.” Hatori announced, “But first you need to know one thing.”
“Okay, what?”
“Do you remember what I promised you when we started our sessions?”
“I think so. It was that you would never tell Akito what I told you, right? You didn't tell him did you?”
“Not exactly.”
“What the hell kind of answer is that! You either tell somebody something or you don't!”
“Daieki, he found out for himself.”
“What!” she stopped tearing now
“He must of eased-dropped, or something. However he did it, he heard all he needed to hear.”
“THAT BASTARD!”
“Daieki please don't yell you're going to deafen me.” Shigure complained
“Did he tell you he knew?”
“Yes, and that's why we haven't had any sessions for a while.”
“Agh! I hate this family!”
“Now surly you don't mean that.” Shigure said
“Oh, don't I. Would you love a family that did this to you?” Daieki asked as she pointed to her wrist
“I don't know if you're forgetting but I belong to the same family you do.”
“Shut up!”
“Daieki.” Hatori said
“Ya?”
“There is something else.”
“What! Was else could there be!”
“Aren't you wondering how your parents came to find you?”
“Ya, I guess.”
“Akito entrusted me with this information, but I'm going to tell you.”
“Oh thanks for gracing me with this information. I'm overflowing with excitement cause I'm about to hear this top secret information.” Daieki said sarcastically
“Well…”
Back at Shigure's house:
“It's almost noon, where are they?” Torhu asked
“A breakfast date! This letter is a fake! Daieki would never go on a date with that perv!”
“I have to agree with that stupid cat.”
“What did you say you damn rat!”
“Miss. Honda I wouldn't worry yourself. They'll be fine. I'm sure they're on there way back.”
“Okay. Well I better start making lunch.”
“I'll help.” Yuki suggested
“Okay!”
While Yuki and Torhu were down in the kitchen making lunch, Kyo was up on the roof thinking about Daieki.
I can't take it anymore! I need to tell her! I've keep my feeling for Daieki bottled up inside me long enough! Today when she gets home, I'll wait for the prefect time and tell her I love her. Even if she doesn't feel the same way, it won't matter because at least she'll know how I feel.
At the main house:
“Well…You know how you received that letter telling you that your parents were coming.”
“Ya.”
“You see after Akito found out how much you hated your parents, he decided to call the agency and tell them you wanted to see your parents. The people who work there informed him that your parents were looking for you too. And since you weren't legally adopted by Shigure they were able to access your records. From there Akito called your parents and made arrangements for them to come here and visit you.”
“Did he meet them?”
“Only for a sort time when they asked him if you could go back and live them if you wished.”
“And obviously he said yes to that. Well this really sucks! Akito knows about my past, he was a part of the reason they came to find me, and to top it all off he allowed them to ask me if I wanted to go live with them!”
“I know it's a lot to handle at once, but you have to try and keep your cool.”
“1…2...3…”
“What's with the counting?” Shigure leaned over and asked Hatori quietly
“It's to help cool her temper down, when she's about to lose it.” Hatori whispered back
“Oh.”
Daieki stopped counting, “Then that explains how he knew everything. I have to face the facts. That man has been one step ahead of me the whole time. My bet is that he's been planning this ever since I came into this family. I was so stupid to think I could come here today and break whatever chains Akito has on this family. But you know what? I couldn't break those chains because I'm part of this family, and he doesn't let anyone in this family forget that he rules. And even though I'm an “outsider”, a person that grew up away from this family's secrets, he made me realize that I belong on the “inside” of this family.”
There was silence in the room after Daieki stated this. Hatori and Shigure looked at the girl sitting in front of them and saw a whole new person.
Daieki really does belong in this family and part of the zodiac. She has all the characteristics. Her mother hated her and abandoned her, and Akito is extra cruel to her. Just like all the other zodiac members. Shigure thought to himself
“I think it's best if we leave now. There is no reason to stay here any longer, now that Daieki is bandaged up.” Shigure announced
“Yes, but first. Daieki stand up.”
“Okay.” She said as she stood up
“Do you feel dizzy, or anything?”
“No, I feel fine.”
“You sure?”
“Ya.”
“Alright then let's get going. I'll drive us back to Shigure's house.” Hatori said
The trio walked out of the room and left the main house. The drive back to Shigure's house was silent, Daieki was happy for that. That is, until she broke it…
“Shigure, I've been wondering for a while now. How come you never officially adopted me?”
“Well, now that you know everything else, I guess I can tell you. You see Akito forbade me to adopt you.”
“What?”
“Believe me, I've asked him many times and I always got the same answer, “No you can't, I have better things in mind” And I never pushed it farther than that.”
After that the rest of the car ride was silent.
Back at Shigure's house:
“Damn. They're still not back yet?” Kyo questioned
“No.” Yuki answered
“Do you think they stopped somewhere on their way home?” Torhu asked
“It's a possibility.” Yuki answered
Back in the car:
“We're almost there.” Hatori announced
“Hey, if they asked where we were can I tell them?”
“I don't think that would be such a wise idea Daieki.” Shigure answered
“Well, what am I suppose to tell them happened to my hand? That I cut it with chopsticks? I don't think they're gonna buy that.”
“I think it's best if you don't tell them. There is no telling how they react.”
“Oh ya, Torhu is gonna explode in a fit of rage, Yuki is gonna go straight to the main house to talk to Akito, and Kyo is gonna go to the main house with Yuki and beat the crap outta Akito. Face it, they won't do much of anything, there is nothing you really can do.”
“I think we should let Daieki tell them.” Shigure said convinced by Daieki's little speech
“If she wants to I guess there is no harm in letting her.” Hatori added
“Did you hear that Daieki?”
“Duh, I'm only sitting in the backseat.” As soon as Daieki said that Hatori pulled up to Shigure's house
“Are you coming in Haa-san?”
“No.”
“Alright then, I'll see you when I see you.”
“Bye Hatori.”
“See you soon Daieki.”
Shigure and Daieki walked up to the door and opened it.
“We're home.” Shigure yelled
“Ah, Shigure Daieki!” Torhu yelled back
The duo walked into the family room where everyone was.
“Hey guys.” Daieki said
“Hi, where did you go to e…Daieki what happened to your hand?” Torhu said
Once Torhu said that all eyes drifted down to Daieki's hand.
“How did you manage to do that a restaurant?” Kyo asked
“I have a confession to make. Shigure and I didn't go out to eat. We went to the main house. Akito wanted to see me.”
“What!” Kyo yelled
“Why?” Yuki asked
“Then he did that to your hand?” Torhu asked
“Yea, he pushed me into a table that had a vase on it, when the vase fell it cut my hand. Hatori had to give me ten stitches.”
“How bad is it?!” Kyo ran over to Daieki and took her hand in his, “How could he! I'm gonna go over there and beat his ass!” He let go of her hand and ran out the room and towards the door
“It's not that bad!” Daieki yelled, as she got up and ran after him
“Shigure I'll be back! If you need me I'll be at the main house, kicking Akito's ass!” Kyo yelled from the door way. He was just about to run out the door when Daieki ran up to him and grabbed him from behind. She wrapped her arms around Kyo's chest and held him tight.
“Stop Kyo! There is nothing you can do! Just leave him be! I'm fine! I swear!”
Kyo stopped moving and got out of Daieki's hold. He turned around to face her, and embraced her in a hug. Daieki felt herself blushing.
“Ahh…Kyo.”
“Can you blame me for being angry, he hurt you.” Kyo whispered in her ear, “Daieki, there is something I've wanted to tell you for a while now.”
“Ya, what is it?”
“Daieki I…”
Just at that moment Shigure and the others walked in and saw the two hugging.
“I hope we're not interrupting anything.” Shigure said
When Kyo saw them he pushed Daieki away from him.
“It's not what you think!”
“Sure its not.” Yuki said
“Hey you shut up!”
“So Torhu did you make lunch yet? Remember I didn't go out to eat.” Shigure asked
“Ah yes I did. It's all ready. Would you like it now?”
“Yes I would.”
“Alright, I just have to heat it up.”
Yuki, Torhu, and Shigure walked away and headed into the kitchen. Kyo was about to follow when Daieki stopped him.
“Kyo what did you want to tell me?”
“Forget it. Forget I ever mentioned anything.”
“Umm…okay.”
Kyo left Daieki standing alone near the door, with thoughts of what just happened.
What did want to tell me? And why did he tell me to forget that he ever mentioned anything? Well I better go get some food, before every eats it all. Daieki walked into the kitchen and leaned against the doorway gazing upon Kyo and everyone else eating Torhu's lunch. Why did he react that way towards my injury? Could it be? No it couldn't be.
TBC…
 
Yay!! Another chappie down!! LOL Thanks to those of you who reviewed:
Kenze-chan
Furuba lover 4ever
Rosey and blossom
Mey-chan
Thank-you so much!! Your reviews are very much appreciated