Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I was gone now I'm back ❯ Is that Truly You? ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So if you're reading this I have a suggestion to make. Go back and read chapter 16! You see the other day I realized a made a HUGE mistake and I had to go back and fix it. So it would probably be in your best interest if you went back and read the revised edition of chapter 16.
/blah, blah/ -is the person on the other end of the phone
Thoughts
Flashbacks
Well with that enjoy chapter 17!!
 
Is that Truly you?
 
“Come on Kyo! Hurry up! I wanna get to the stores sometime today!” Momiji yelled
“Would you shut the hell up! I need to take this phone call!” Kyo yelled back
It's been two days since Daieki visited Akito, and got her wrist injured. Torhu, Yuki, Saki (Hana), Arisa (Uo), Kyo, and Daieki are going out shopping for kimonos to wear to the spring festival, that was coming up in a couple of days. Two days to be exact. They had today and tomorrow, to buy all the things they need. Everyone was waiting in the doorway for Kyo to finish up with his phone call.
/Do you understand me Kyo?/ Kyo was on the phone with Kazuma
“Ya.”
/I'll be over tonight. Make sure no one is there that shouldn't be./
“Why?”
/Just do as I say. And make sure you tell Shigure./
“Fine.”
/Oh, and I'll bring over some dinner./
“No! I'd leave your nasty, burned food at home.”
/I guess you're right./
“Kyo!” Momiji yelled
“Listen I have to go Shishou.”
/Alright, see you and Daieki tonight./
“Bye.”
Kyo hung up the phone and yelled up the stairs to Shigure.
“Shigure! Shishou is coming tonight!”
“Oh really! That's a nice surprise!” Shigure yelled back
Kyo walked over to the group waiting by the door, he was finally ready to leave.
“What is it to much trouble to walk up the stairs carrot-top?” Arisa asked
“Shut up!”
“Hey Kyo, your Shishou is coming over tonight?” Torhu asked
“Ya.”
“Oh! I'll have to cook a specil dinner for tonight! I hope we get home in time for me to cook it.”
“It's alright Miss. Honda, we'll get home in plenty of time.”
“Okay Yuki!” The smile Torhu make Yuki blush slightly.
“Do you know why Shishou is coming over?” Daieki asked
“No, he didn't say.”
“Oh.”
“Hey Torhu, you didn't forget did you? We're buying you a new kimono today.” Saki asked
“Oh ya.”
“Ya, and we're gonna pick one out for you. Cause knowing you, you're gonna pick out the ugliest, plainest, and cheapest, one cause we're paying for it.”
“Can we just get going? We're only wasting our time by standing in the door way.” Daieki stated
“Yup! Let's get going!” Momiji said exited to finally get going
The six of them walked out the door and headed into town.
I wonder what Shishou is coming over for? It has to be special occasion, cause he never just `comes over for a visit'. Maybe he's coming over to see how Daieki is doing. Kyo glanced up ahead of him and stared at Daieki. Who was being tortured by Momiji. He was trying to climb up onto her back, so she could give him a piggy-back ride. Then she did something Kyo thought she would never do. She bent down, and told to Momiji to get on. She was giving him a piggy-back ride. She really has changed. I remember when she first came here she couldn't go one day without getting into a fist fight. Now she barely even argues. She even lets Torhu cook meals for her, and she eats them too. Those sessions with Hatori are really paying off.
What made Kyo think this was the image that was playing in front of him. Daieki was smiling with Momiji cheering on her back, the others were laughing at how ridiculous the two of them look. It even made Kyo smile.
“So Momiji, what store are we going to?” Arisa asked
“I don't know.”
“What!” Daieki yelled as she let Momiji go to fall on the sidewalk
“You mean to tell me, we're just randomly walking along the side walk!”
“Yup!”
“Well lucky for you I know where a kimono store is.” Daieki added
“You do?” Torhu asked
“Ya, it's at the end of this street.”
“I don't believe it! Tie-dye knows something (Arisa calls Daieki tie-dye because her hair is blue and brown).”
“Ya, it's one of those old cultural stores that only old people go to.” Kyo caught up to them and stood besides the rest of the gang.
“And how do you know they sell kimonos there?” Hana asked
“I pass by that store when I walk home from work. And maybe I looked in there a couple of times. They sell real nice things there.”
“How's the prices?” Torhu asked
“It doesn't matter how much it is because we're paying for it.” Arisa stated
“Torhu why don't you take Momiji and go to the end of the street. See if the store Daieki is talking about is really there.”
“Okay! Come on Momiji!” Momiji grabbed Torhu's hand and they ran ahead of everyone. When they were well out of ear shoot Arisa turned to the group and asked them what she didn't want Torhu to hear.
“Alright here's the deal, Hana and I have enough for a cheap but descent Kimono for Torhu. If any of you Sohmas can contribute something it would be very much appreciated.”
Kyo, Daieki, and Yuki looked at each other.
“I'll pay for what you guys can't.” Daieki announced
“Daieki?” Hana questioned
“I've been pretty mean to that bitch ever since I got here, and I guess I should do something nice for her. Plus I had a good tip night last night. So it's not like I'll be emptying my pockets to get her something.”
“Thanks Daieki. Glad to see you're turning around.” Arisa said
“Ya well don't get used to me doing these “nice” things for her!”
“Fine. Well the good news is that now we have enough to get our precious Torhu a nice kimono.”
“She may be precious to you but to me…”
“Come on Daieki don't ruin the moment.” Kyo said as he gently smacked her in the head
“Hey all I was saying…”
“HEY EVERYONE! DAIKEI WAS RIGHT! THERE IS A STORE OVER HERE!” Momiji yelled from up the street
The group started walking to where Momiji and Torhu were standing and waving their arms. But Daieki noticed Yuki slow down and lagging behind the rest of the group, then he stopped walking altogether.
I know I'm gonna regret asking him this but…Daieki stopped walking and went over to Yuki.
“Do you wanna tell me what's wrong?”
“Huh?”
“Don't play stupid with me. I can tell something is on your mind, and five bucks says it had something to do with the festival, Torhu, or both. So go ahead. I'm gonna stand here listen to your issue and pretend that I care. Ok?”
“Whether you care or not doesn't matter to me because I wouldn't think twice about telling anyone especially you.”
“That's what I said when I first came into this family. And look at me now. I go to a person twice a week and tell him what's on my mind. Only difference is that he really cares.”
“Whatever, it's nothing.”
“Fine, but you know magical things can happen at festivals. Especially sitting under a cherry blossom tree watching a meteor shower.”
“Daie…”
“I'm not stupid like Torhu. You can fool her into believing that you like her just as a friend, but I can see right through your act. You so love her.”
“Hmph.”
“Ya well I really don't care weather you love her or not so you don't have to worry about me saying anything.” Daieki began to walk ahead to catch up with the rest of the group when she was stopped by Yuki
“Daieki.”
“Ya?”
“The meteor thing, the same goes for you and someone else.”
“I know.”
“Hey Yuki! Daieki! Are you guys coming or what!” Arisa yelled. Saki, Arisa and Kyo had caught up to Momiji and Torhu, and were now waiting for the two of them at the top of the street. Daieki and Yuki started to run up the sidewalk to catch up to the rest of the group. They walked for a few more minutes and reached the entrance to the store.
“Here we are.” Kyo announced
“No kidding.” Daieki remarked
The group walked into the store and they were amazed. The store was much larger on the inside. It held all sorts of things from kimonos to statues of gods, to jewelry. They wasted no time in finding out where the Kimonos were located.
“Um excuse me, could you tell me where the kimonos are?” Torhu asked the old woman behind the desk
“There're in the back dear. And you're in luck, I just got a whole new shipment yesterday. They have been selling like crazy because of the spring festival coming up. Those festivals are always good for business.”
“Hey grandma where do these boxes go?” A male voice came from the back of the shop that was closed off from view by a curtain
“Bring it here dear.” The old woman yelled back
A young male around Daieki's age (16 the same as everyone else excluding Momiji) appeared from the back room-box in hand. He has black hair and dark brown-almost black eyes. He made his way up to the front desk.
“Put it here dear.” The young man put the box on the floor behind his grandmother
“Ah, Daieki!” The young boy blushed slightly, he recognized Daieki immediately
“Umm...hi? Do I know you?”
“How can you not recognize me?”
“I know that cocky attitude!” Kyo said
Daieki studied the young man's face and it finally hit her.
“You're Koji right? From school?”
Koji is a boy from Daieki's school. He was known as the bad apple of the school. Always skipping classes, talking back to teachers, and stuff like that. He even had his own seat in the principal's office. It was true Daieki was somewhat of a rebel herself, but she never did anything serious like Koji did. She got in trouble for her hair style being to outrages (the principal let her keep it the way it is), having a few comments to say back to the teacher, and small things like that. Because of his intimidating nature and being the `bully' that he was, he pushed a lot of people around and most of the time got what he wanted. Koji was definitely someone you did not want to get involved with. And all six of them knew this.
“Very good. What brings you to my gram's shop?”
“We're here to buy kimonos for the festival.”
“Oh really, I bet I can find the prefect kimono for you.” He went over to Daieki and put his hand under her chain and pulled her head up to look at his face
“Umm…let me go.” Daieki was trying not to yell at him or smack him in front of his grandmother
“Why you know my grandson?”
“Not really. He just sits next to me in one of my classes.”
“Can we please go see the kimonos?” Momiji whined, “We came here to shop not witness Daieki's love life!”
“Momiji!”
“Koji dear can you please show our customers where the kimonos are.”
“Ya. Follow me.” Koji grabbed Daieki's hand and held it tight when she tried to pull it away; Kyo saw this and naturally not only got angry but a little jealous
He led them to the back of the store. Where there was a whole wall of racks filled with Kimonos on display.
“Here you go.”
“Koji come here for a moment.” The grandmother yelled
“Be right there! And Daieki if you need anything don't be afraid to ask. You know if you need help with a zipper or anything…”
Smack! Daieki planted a nice hand mark on the side of Koji's face
“I think I can handle everything my self thank-you very much!”
“Nice one. See ya later.” Koji walked away and headed towards the front of the shop
“I really hate that bastard!”
“So Daieki how do you know Koji besides from school?” Arisa asked teasingly
“I don't. And from the looks of it he obviously likes me.”
“So when's the wedding?” Arisa asked
“Shut up! I don't even like him! Can we please just pick out our kimonos, and get the hell outta here?”
The group looked at and tried on different kimonos for an hour. Kyo, Yuki, Hana, and Uo made their decision in no time. It was Torhu, Momiji, and Daieki that took up most of the time. Daieki wanted to find “just the right one”, Arisa and Saki had a problem with every kimono Torhu picked out, and Momiji was just being picky. Finally the three of them found their kimonos. They made their way up to pay. Just as Daieki said the kimonos were decently priced. Daieki was last to pay, and when she went up to pay for her very beautiful kimono the old lady stopped her.
“No, no, dear. No need to pay.”
“What? Why? You can't just give this to me!”
“My grandson offered to pay for yours.”
“What! Where is he?”
“In the back room. You have my permission to go back there. Just don't `do anything' behind there.”
Daieki twitched at what the old woman had just said. Kyo watched her as she made her way to the back of the store. When she reached the curtain she pulled it aside and saw Koji leaning up against the side of the wall.
“What's up Dai?”
“First of all NEVER call me Dai again, and second how dare you think you can pay for my kimono.”
“Why can't I? Think of it as an early anniversary gift?”
“Anniversary gift?”
“Ya. Daieki it's no mystery. I like you A LOT! And I wanted to get you something to mark the begging of our relationship.” He walked over and stood a few inches from Daieki's face
“Relationship! What relationship! We HAVE NO relationship!”
“Now Daieki.” Koji said as he grabbed Daieki and pinned her up against the wall (he didn't get close enough for her to transform), “How can you say that?”
“You better let me go.”
“Why, what are you gonna do about it?”
The front of the shop:
Something's not right. Daieki should be back by now. She would have set that asshole straight already. I have to go check on her! Kyo thought to himself
“Umm…I left something near the kimonos I'll be right back.” Kyo lied
As soon as he was out of sight her ran towards the back curtain and flung it open.
In the back room:
“Why? What are you gonna do about it?” Koji leaned in for a kiss (still not close enough to transform)
Daieki saw this and for a second she was paralyzed with shock, but soon she came out of her trance and pushed him away
“Listen you asshole I don't like you!”
“Daieki, but I like you. And I always get what I want!” He said as once he pushed Daieki up against the wall only this time he put his hands on her shoulders so she couldn't back move away. Once again he leaned in for a kiss. Daieki turned her head away from him, trying not to let this pig near her.
Damn it! No! I won't let him do this! But if he gets any closer to me I'll transform and that will be a huge problem! What to do Kiss him or risk transforming! I know what I'll do. I'll tease him. I'll act like I'm gonna kiss them and when he's just about to kiss me I'll knee him as hard as I can in the stomach.
Daieki slowly turned her head to face Koji. Just then Kyo flung open the curtain! At the worst possible time-when Daieki was putting her kiss Koji's ass plan in action! Koji was so close to Daieki's lips that at first glance you would think they WERE kissing! Both of them turned to face Kyo, and when Koji was distracted, Daieki keened him very hard in the gut. When he let her go to grab his stomach, she dashed over to a very shocked Kyo.
“Kyo…”
“You don't have to explain anything. It's obvious you have strong feeling for each other.” Kyo turned and walked out of the back room
“Kyo wait it's nothing like that! See what you did!” She turned to Koji and kicked his ass pretty badly
I'm so stupid! Of course she wouldn't love me! She hates me! And that's fine cause I can play the hate game just as well!
After Daieki was finished beating up Koji, she walked back to the others, paid the lady for her and Torhu's kimono and left with everyone. When they asked her what happened in the back room, she refused to tell them. The whole walk home Kyo didn't say anything to Daieki. And every time she tried to talk to him he just walked ahead of her or pretended she wasn't there. When they finally arrived back at Shigure's house, it was close to evening. The sky was turning shades of pink and orange. Saki and Arisa had to go home so everyone said their good-byes and the three Sohmas and Torhu went inside. Torhu and Yuki went into the kitchen to prepare the meal they would be eating when Kazuma came over. And Kyo went up on the roof to think, while Daieki went into her room and flopped down on her bed.
He's such and asshole! Kyo can be so stubborn! He won't even listen to what I have to say! He's such a flippin asshole! What am I gonna do now? Just when we were getting along, something has to happen! Uggg! This is so aggravating! Hopefully I can patch things up before the festival! That's right Shishou is coming over tonight. I better start getting ready.
Daieki left her room and went into the bathroom, to take a shower and get ready for Kazuma to come over.
TBC….
 
I would have continued but then the chapter would have gotten way to long. Sorry for the long update, I had a small dose of writers block. Like always I wanna thank those who reviewed:
Lightningstrxu
Firefairy713
Izumi-kun
Well till next time.