Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I was gone now I'm back ❯ The Festival Part 1 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ugh…A new video game has made it's was into my PS2 (Final Fantasy X-2) and it seems to have taken control over my life lol. But unfortunately I'm stuck trying to beat the boss called Chac…the creature is SOOO hard! So after I died for about the 100th time I decided why not blow off some steam writing my fic that really needs to be updated lol. If anyone has played this game and has beaten this boss please don't be afraid to give me some tips!!!
 
 
Chapter 20: The Festival Part 1
 
Daieki glanced at her reflection in the mirror. It was the day of the festival and she was in her room doing some last minute touch-ups on her kimono. She looked over her kimono in the full-length mirror that was attached to the back of her door. Her kimono's base color is light gold; along the whole kimono there are five pointed leaves that are four different shades. The first shade at the bottom of the leaf is purple the second shade is a reddish purple color, the third is pink and the last shade located at the points of the leaf is a whitish peach. Her obi's base color is white with swirls of deep purple with light blue flowers all along it. Daieki is also wearing traditional light lacquered zori. In her hair she wore an iron colored hair piece in the shape of a flower. In the center of the flower there was a sapphire; on the top of the flower a small chain dangled with two small butterflies. She wore all of her hair-including her blue strips up in a messy bun, with the hair piece stuck into the side of the bun so a person would be able to see it when they looked at her.
Knock knock knock
“Dai you ready yet?” Kyo asked from the other side of the door
“Yup.” She answered
Daieki opened her door and saw Kyo in his own kimono. It was black with orange and red dragons running all along it. He wore vinyl geta and a dark blue kaku obi with a two white stripes running through the middle.
Wow he looks so…handsome! I never thought that, that kimono he brought would look so good! His orange hair really compliments his black kimono.
Kyo eyes scanned Daieki from her feet to her hair.
“How do I look?” Daieki asked as she spun around so Kyo could look at her outfit
A blush formed on Kyo's face, “Ah.” He look at the ground so she wouldn't notice, “Good.”
“Thanks.”
“Hey are you guys ready yet!” Arisa (Uo) yelled
“Come on let's go.” Daieki said as she grabbed Kyo's wrist and they headed down the hall and ascended the stairs
Everyone was waiting by the front door dressed in their kimonos.
“Why is it that we always wait for you guys?” Arisa asked
“Shut up. We ready?”
“Yup!” Momiji answered, “Torhu are you ready to go to the festival!”
“Yes!”
“By the way how are we gonna get to the festival?” Saki asked
“We're taking a shuttle bus of course silly.” He responded
“A shuttle bus?” Yuki said
“Yup! We're gonna walk to the shuttle bus stop and then special bus that only picks people that are going to the festival up.” He answered
“Oh.”
The seven teens were about to walk out the door when Shigure halted their departure.
“Daieki may I talk to you for a moment?”
“Sure.”
“Hey, don't be to long I wanna get the hell outta here.” Arisa said
Daieki walked out of the room and into Shigure's office where he was sitting looking over papers.
“You wanted to see me?”
Shigure looked over Daieki observing how her kimono looked on her.
“That kimono really flatters you.”
Daieki blushed
“Did you call me all the way in here to tell me that you pervert?”
“No. I wanted to tell you to have a good time and not to let this day go waste, for you never know what tomorrow holds.”
“Okay…weird. Way to get all cryptic on me…I'm leaving.”
“Have fun.”
Daieki waved her hand behind her head as she left Shigure's office.
Bus stop:
After a few minuets of waiting with a bunch of other people the shuttle bus pulled up and everyone boarded the bus.
Festival:
“Booths are everywhere!” Momiji yelled
Vendors had set up their booths all around the surrounding area. The booths arranged were everything from food and games to people selling art work and jewelry. Men and woman-young and old- walked around in their kimonos, and music played from a live band that was set up on a stage with people sitting on benches watching them. When they entered the festival they were given a rectangular piece of rice paper that at the top read: During the rain of shooting stars do lovers and dreamers mix, making harmony for a brief moment in the passing of time…upon this charm write your heart's greatest desire and during the shower of stars-when magic becomes more than a fairytale-will your wish-if genuine-will be granted. Before the meteor shower hang this on the cherry blossom tree in the middle of the festival.
“Boy they really lay it on thick don't they.” Arisa said as she finished reading her charm “It seems unrealistic.” Yuki added
“You think?” Torhu asked as she gazed at her charm, “My mom always said that genuine, pure, unselfish wishes will come true. It couldn't hurt to put these on the tree right?”
“Oh course not Torhu.” Saki said, “What do you want to do first Torhu?”
“Um…” Torhu put her finger to her chin and look at the sky, “I don't know!”
“Well before I leave here today, I'm GOING to win a goldfish!” Momiji stated as he raised a fist in the air
“A gold fish? Why?” Kyo asked
“Well I've always tried to win one but I could never do it.”
“What do you wanna do Daieki?” Torhu asked
No one had heard a word out of Daieki since they arrived and when they turned around to see her they discovered why. Daieki was staring wide eyed, mouth open, and purse in hand at all the booths.
“Umm…Dai you okay?” Kyo asked
“Look at all the shops! This was so worth working a double-shift at the restaurant! Shopping here I come!” Daieki started to walk away when Yuki grabbed her hand
“We really should stay together.”
“But I need to shop!”
“Well fight the urge!” Kyo remarked
“Ya, shopping will be last thing we'll do.” Arisa said
“Fine.” Daieki said with an apparent sigh in her voice
“Well why don't we get these wish things over with.” Arisa suggested
“That sounds like a good idea.” Torhu said
“Well everyone start to think of what to wish for!” Momiji yelled
The seven teens walked towards the cherry blossom tree where they would hang their wish. All their heads swarming with ideas to write on the card. When they arrived at the tree they got a small surprise, instead of there being one big tree there were two small trees separated by a wooden wall in between the two adolescent trees.
“You kids come here to make your wish?” A man asked them
“Yup!” Momiji yelled
“Well that table over there is where you can fill out your charm if you haven't already.” He said as he pointed to a table with scrap paper, pens, and plenty of people around it, “When you filled it out come back here. Then you hang it up on your corresponding tree. The tree on the right is for the girls and the tree on the left if for the boys.”
They walked over to the table and each of them grabbed a pen and walked over to the benches to sit down and write their wish.
Well I thought about it for a while and I've decided to wish for one thing. Daieki thought as she lifted her pen and began to write on her charm: I wish the one I love would return my feelings. When she finished she looked at it. It's a selfish wish but oh well wishes are meant to be selfish, and it's what I really want.
This is so stupid! Like a bunch of falling rocks can make wishes come true. Kyo thought. What do I want? To beat that damn rat! Kyo wrote that down and held the charm in his hand and glanced at Daieki-who was looking around at all the booths. Is this what I really want? What am I saying? This wish thing is all fake why bother putting something that's really meaningful! Kyo left his wish what it was and waited for everyone else to be finished.
When everyone was finished they went over to the trees. The three guys went to the tree that was on the left side of the tree, and the girls went to the right.
“There.” Torhu said as she hung her wish up and let her hands slowly slide down the paper.
They didn't try to look at each other's wish out of common courtesy (A/N: but I'm gonna tell you what they wished for lol).
Daieki: That the person she loves return her feelings
Arisa: That she would meet up with the mysterious man she met while she was at the corner store (A/N: this wish came from a part in the manga)
Saki: That everything would turn out okay for Torhu
Torhu: That she would be guided to help the family that's taken her in
The guys hung their wishes on the tree.
Kyo: To beat that damn rat
Yuki: that he would be able to become more open
Momiji: that he would win a goldfish
When they were done they walked out and met up with each other.
“So what now?” Yuki asked
“Shopping!” Daieki said
“Goldfish!” Momiji yelled
“You two are such a pain.” Kyo said
“I know! Why don't we try to get Momiji a goldfish and we could play a couple games against each other.” Torhu suggested
“Good idea Torhu.” Saki said
As they walked around looking at the game booth prizes to see if they could find any goldfish Daieki was glancing at all the jewelry, clothes, and art things being sold.
“There's one.” Saki said
Momiji ran over the booth that had goldfish as the prize-it was a game where you had to knock over the stack of bottles.
“Ugh I stink at this game.” Momiji said
“Don't worry Momiji we'll help you!” Torhu said as she flexed her muscles
“Uh Miss Honda better let one of us handle this.”
“Uh I guess you're right.” She answered with a smile
When the group was standing around the booth deciding who was going to try and win Momiji a gold fish Daieki was still glancing at the booths.
Oh! I wanna but that necklace that booth has! This might take a while…maybe if I quickly go over there and buy that necklace... I'll have brought something to hold me over until we hit all the booths later and Momiji will have gotten his stupid fish.
Daieki quietly walked away from the group and over to the booth.
“Hey Dai maybe you…” Kyo stopped half way through his sentence when he realized she wasn't there.
He looked around and found her standing at a booth buying something.
“Ugh Dai.” Kyo walked over to Daieki and tapped her on the shoulder
“Uh.” She said as she turned around and was met by Kyo
“Just couldn't wait could you?” He asked
“Nope!”
“Here you go Miss.” The lady behind the booth handed her a small brown bag
“Thanks.” She said as she took the bag
“What did you buy?”
Daieki opened the bag and pulled out a necklace. It had a sliver dragonfly attached to a silver chain. The dragonfly's wings are stones-the two top wing's stone is purple and the two bottom wing's stone is pink.
“Isn't it pretty! Here put it on me.” She said as she handed him the necklace
“How?”
“Ugh. See that little clasp?”
“Ya.”
“Just hook it onto this little silver ring.”
“Okay.”
Daieki turned around so her back faced Kyo. She didn't need to hold her hair up because it was up in a bun. After a few tries Kyo managed to place it around her neck.
“Thanks.”
“Well let's get back to everyone else.” Kyo said
When they turned around to go back to their group they couldn't see them. They went back to the bottle game booth but they were no where to be found.
“Did they leave us?”
“I think they did.” Kyo answered
“Great.” Daieki added
 
TBC….
 
I can't believe I've been writing this fic for over a year!! I really wanna thank those of you who have stuck with this fic and dealt with my long updates. THANK YOU!!!!! Anyways the other day I was looking back on some of my older chapter like chapter 1-10 and I was like did I really write this!! This is terrible lol!! I realized my writing skills have come along way since chapter one!