Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Phantom ❯ Coincedence, I think not ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Hi readers.
So what do you think of the story so far?
Enjoy Chapter 3!
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 3 Coincidence? I think not
 
Tohru ran to Momiji's side praying that he would be okay but he wasn't infact the way he landed looked so uncomfortable, Tohru couldn't help but feel extremely sorry for him. At the end of the day, Momiji was sent home which left Haru the only Sohma at school since the others were all sick. Tohru left school and headed for work when she suddenly remembered that she had gotten fired. Then she thought of her nightmare last night, she had seen Momiji in pain, a graveyard and … and Akito in the background. She decided that she would pay him a visit, the sudden sicknesses had something to do with him and Tohru wanted to find out what.
 
As she arrived outside the Sohma estate, she sneaked through the secret entrance that Momo (Momiji's sister) had once shown her. Tohru took a peek and spotted Momiji lying in his bed sound asleep then she looked for Akito's room. She saw Kureno feeding the ducks at the pond; she didn't want him to see her so she took the other direction where she bumped into Ritsu, she got a fright and let out a small shout.
 
Ritsu jumped into a panic.
 
“Oh Tohru, it's you, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, its just I find it amazing that you're here and …and are you okay? I'm really sorry! Will you please forgive me…”
 
“Ritsu, I'm fine.” Tohru said giving out a sigh of relief.
 
“So Tohru, it's nice to see you but what are you doing here? Not saying that you shouldn't be here.” Ritsu asked politely.
 
“Well……to tell the truth, I'm looking for Akito.” Tohru said bluntly.
 
“Akito. Why is that?”
 
Tohru explained the situation to Ritsu and he took it in pretty badly.
 
“Oh my… how are they? Is there any way I can help? Oh dear……this is awful, one by one, the zodiac are getting sick……oh what should we do?”
 
Tohru tried to calm him down.
 
“If you can come with me to see Akito, it would help.” She suggested.
 
“Oh…ok well I'll come.” Ritsu agreed taking Tohru to Akito's area. He knocked on the door and they heard Akito say come in. They stepped inside and kneeled down.
 
“So why is it that you Ritsu come with Miss Tohru here?” Akito asked in his mean tone.
 
“Actually I decided to come, Ritsu's here just to support me. Have you heard, one by one the members of the zodiac are falling ill…Yuki, Kyo and Momiji are already lying in bed sick with the same symptoms. Everyday, a person gets sick and I'm having these dreams that link to what's going to happen the next day. I was wondering if you knew anything about this or how we can stop it since you're the head of the Sohma family.” Tohru told Akito bravely.
 
Although he was surprised he showed no emotion.
 
“Why should I care if they fall sick? The monster cat can fall sick anytime and why are you coming to me with all your dream problems. This has got nothing to do with me.” Akito replied coldly.
 
“Akito, I'm sorry but I can't let you do nothing. Someone could die.” Tohru protested.
 
“Oh what's this? An order. I'm the head of the Sohma family, yes I am, but what do you think I should do? Huh? You useless filthy orphan.” He snared coming towards Tohru.
 
“Don't you care about your family?” Tohru asked still trying to persuade him.
 
“They are no family of mine, they're just made to belong to me, and I own them. I own all the jyunishi and there's nothing you can do to stop me and if they die from this so called sickness, it's not my problem.” Akito said turning his back on Tohru.
 
“Akito, please. It would mean a lot of us…” Ritsu pleaded.
 
“Shut up monkey, I did not ask for your opinion! Now leave!” Akito's anger level started to rise.
 
“I'm sorry Tohru, I tried to persuade him…” said Ritsu.
 
“It's ok Ritsu, we did our best. I guess I better go home now. Bye Ritsu and thank you for all your help.” Tohru said walking off.
 
“Ok, bye Tohru.” Ritsu waved.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
Akito thought of what Tohru had said. How could all the zodiac animals be getting sick? He had a sudden flash back. `I wish to rid Tohru and all people who meddle with the curse/whoever trespasses the Sohma family.' It felt as if something had backfired, it was meant to be Tohru not the zodiac. He started the worry a little. What's going to happen? Is something going to break our bond?

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------
 
 
Tohru exited through the secret entrance. Along the way she had seen just a long trail of buildings, gardens, ponds, a graveyard, animals and weird statues.
 
Something definitely didn't feel right.
 
She reached home and checked on Yuki. It was so sad just to see him lying there sick. She tried to talk to him but he was quite sick and it took him and Kyo so much effort just to say a sentence.
 
She walked towards Kyo and sat on his bed feeling his forehead, he still had a fever. She placed his dinner on the bedside table then left for the kitchen making dinner for Shigure since Hatori had left to look after Momiji. She herself didn't feel hungry so she decided to pass, she needed an early sleep. This time, she placed the candle and lighted it in her glass cupboard and closed the door so that wind couldn't get it. She checked her window and closed them tightly again making sure wind couldn't pass through. She locked her door and attached the key onto her neck so that no one could get to it without waking her.
 
She felt safer now that she triple-checked everything then she fell deep asleep.
 
Haru…..falling….dying……….graveyard in the background…
 
Tohru screamed as she woke, yet another dream. It was too much, this time it would be Haru. She couldn't let it happen. Before she could get up she saw red stains on her bed sheets that looked like blood. She stood up finding a sharp bladed knife where she had slept, where the hell did that come from? She started to panic; she checked herself for any wounds and found a small cut on her arm. Tohru started to cry as she noticed the candle had blown out once again leaving no trace. Her window was open, her door was unlocked. It couldn't have been Shigure; Tohru was the only person who kept the lock to her door.
 
She ran out of her room, she was so full of fear that she was shaking madly. She bumped into someone as she ran to the kitchen and fell over.
 
“Tohru are you alright?” It was only Shigure.
 
“No! Something's wrong, someone's in the house……!”
 
“It's okay, here why don't I get you a cup of tea and you just relax..” Shigure suggested helping her up onto the couch.
 
But Tohru couldn't eve think of resting when Haru was in danger, she ran to her bedroom and slipped on her uniform and her bag and sprinted out the door without saying a word to Shigure.
 
“Here you go nice hot green tea…” Shigure paused as there was no Tohru in sight.
 
Tohru kept sprinting, it was raining and her hair was soaking wet but she didn't care, even if she caught a cold, the most important thing was to save Haru.
 
She ran around the school looking for Haru. He was nowhere in sight, she had even looked in the boys bathroom (luckily there was no one in there) The school bell rang shortly after and she attended class still wondering where Haru was. It seemed that all the Sohma's were absent, where in the world could Haru be? She thought her head hurting.
 
After school, she walked home by herself again and saw Shigure by the door looking upset.
 
“Ahh, Tohru if you wish to know, Haru never attended school today, he fell ill the moment he woke up and he's stayed in bed ever since..”
 
“W-what…no…why is this happening?” Tohru asked herself forgetting that Shigure was still there.
 
“Tohru, are you sure your alright, you better not be getting the sickness…why don't you come inside, your soaking wet and whatever you needed to tell me in the morning, you can tell me now. I'm off work nowadays as I have to look after Yuki and Kyo.” Shigure took Tohru inside handing her a warm blanket and some tea.
 
Tohru thanked him then slowly told him about her recent dreams and how her window kept opening, her door keeps unlocking by itself, her candle going out and how she found a knife under her bed that had cut her on the arm. She had no idea how it got there and she showed him the wound. She also explained how she had tried to save Haru this morning but had failed as it was too late.
 
“My-my, this is such a strange story, but I do believe you. Do you need a bandage? Your wound seems quite sore.” Shigure asked.
 
“No thanks, you've done enough for me. I think I just need to think this through. Somehow I know it's all connected. Oh and do you know a graveyard that belongs to the Sohma's or something because for the past few nights, I've dreamt of a graveyard in the background while somebody is falling sick.” Tohru questioned.
 
“Well that is scary; there is a Sohma graveyard where Akito lives.” Shigure answered.
 
Tohru suddenly remembered that she had passed a graveyard on the way out of the Sohma estate. She asked Shigure if he could bring her there and he agreed.
 
They took a taxi to the main house as the weather was still bad and rainy. This time, they entered through the main entrance, Shigure still not knowing about the secret entrance. They finally reached the gloomy grey looking graveyard. It was huge, but there was more to it than just gloominess, Tohru's eyes widened. It was the exact same graveyard as her dream.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
I decided to make chapter 3 a little longer as the stories getting more interesting. Anyway hope you liked it!
Stay tuned for Chapter 4