Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Phantom ❯ Visions created by Sleep ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Already up to chapter 4 which is awesome! I love writing stories, they're just so addictive. Again, thanks for all your support by reviewing my story. Happy reading readers!
 
Chapter 4 Visions created by Sleep
 
“So, remind me why you wanted to come here again?” Shigure asked.
 
“Oh right…I dream of this graveyard every night, its kind of scary but may I ask why there is a graveyard in the main house?”
 
“Well you see, everyone says that this has been here for generations since all the zodiac animals and the head have been buried here.” Shigure explained with a loud sigh.
 
“Oh well does that mean the cat is buried here too?”
 
“No the cat has never been buried here unfortunately.” Shigure pointed out as not one of the graves said cat.
 
Tohru felt so sad that the cat was never accepted in the zodiac, she felt that the cat deserved to be with the other animals. She tried to enter the graveyard slowly but just as she was about to set her foot down, it felt as if there was a force-field blocking her from entering, it was so hard that it knocked her out unconscious.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
`The graveyard…Hiro…a nasty wave of fear toppled over Tohru'
 
Tohru opened her eyes to see Shigure sitting down next to her. She was lying on a large-sized bed in a completely different room.
 
“Ahhh you're awake.” Shigure said breathing out as if releasing stress.
 
“Where am I?” Tohru said still feeling drowsy.
 
“You fell unconscious somehow before you could go into the graveyard and so we had to spend the night here in the main house.” Shigure told her.
 
“Oh-umm…I had the nightmare again… Hiro's next.” Tohru quivered.
 
“Really, are you sure?” Hiro stepped in looking at Tohru oddly.
 
“Hiro, you here!” Exclaimed Tohru.
 
“Yes, we called all of them here for safety.” Shigure explained.
 
“What about Kyo, Yuki, Haru and Momiji?” Tohru asked.
 
“Hatori's taken them with him, he's asked the servants to take care of them, and they're all in the building next to ours.” Said Shigure.
 
“Okay.” Tohru was relieved, at least everyone was safe.
 
She then thought of the powerful force-field that had knocked her out completely like it was trying to prevent her from going into the graveyard or something.
 
After having breakfast, Tohru decided to take a walk in the garden near the lake where she had last seen Kureno. She sat down inside the gazebo and watched Hiro and Kisa, they looked so cute, Tohru thought as she looked away to sip her tea. She looked at the scenery around her; it was such a lovely place, the main house. Then she heard Kisa call for help after a loud splash. Tohru ran to where Hiro was last seen and she noticed him in the lake, he looked as if he was drowning.
 
Without thinking, she jumped in even though she knew she couldn't swim very well. She took Hiro's arm and tried to pull him up although it seemed as if his feet were glued to the bottom. Tohru's heart raced with panic. Kisa tried to reach Tohru's hand when she saw Rin jump into the water, she too grabbed Hiro's other arm and together they pulled him to the surface.
 
When they had dragged him safely onto the bank, he coughed for a few seconds then blacked out. Rin called for help just as Shigure and Ayame came running towards them.
 
“What happened here?” Ayame asked.
 
“Hiro, I think he's got the sickness.” Tohru replied.
 
“Oh my, I better call Hari, stay with them Aya, I'll be right back.” Shigure ran off to fetch Hatori as Ayame carried Hiro into the building. He placed him onto the bed and wrapped him in blankets as Hiro was still half wet.
 
“Kisa, how did he end up in the lake?” Tohru asked Kisa.
 
“I- we were talking and he was throwing stones in the lake, when I don't know, it felt as if this force had suddenly sucked him in, he just-just literally fell into the lake. I thought he was playing a prank on me, until I saw his face, he was gasping for air, and I didn't know what to do. Sissy, I'm so scared.” Kisa started to cry as she clinged onto Tohru.
 
Tohru tried to comfort her the best she could. Rin had walked off to watch over Haru and Hatori was getting ready to send Hiro to the building where they kept all the sick people.
 
“Oh this is so terrible, and yet I thought not having any time with my dear brother Yuki was the most terrible thing but seeing him sick like this is just so heart-breaking.” Ayame said dramatically.
 
“Poor Hiro…” Kisa said still crying non-stop.
 
“It's okay Kisa, we'll find a cure, I promise!” Tohru tried to sound strong when her insides were weak with agony.
 
Tohru felt a sickening feeling, tomorrow would be today all over again, the only difference would be someone else falling ill which is so frightening. Hiro could've died drowning and who knows who will be next. Tohru decided that she had to visit that grave even if it meant taking the risk of falling unconscious, someone had to do it. She left Kisa and walked outside towards the graveyard.
 
“Tohru, what are you doing here?” A voice asked.
 
Tohru turned around, it was Kureno.
 
“Oh hello Kureno, I was just…going to visit the graveyard.”
 
“At this hour? It's pretty late and I don't think it's a good idea if you go alone, you know what happened last night could happen again.” Kureno warned her.
 
“I know, but this graveyard is connected to this sickness thing that is going around, I'm willing to take the risks.” Tohru replied trying to sound fully convinced.
 
“Are you sure?” Kureno questioned.
 
“Yes, I'm positive.” Tohru put on a brave smile.
 
“Wait, at least let me go in first.” Kureno walked into graveyard, nothing happened so Tohru felt a bit safer.
 
Tohru stepped in; she felt a sudden chilly breeze but no force-field. Then she spotted a figure next to a huge grave. It was a person, or a see through person. Tohru looked at Kureno then back the figure and screamed.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
Thanks for reading chapter 4
 
Keep posting reviews!!