Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Musouka ~ Dare to Dream ❯ Staying Strong ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Thirty-two
 
Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends.
 
Jacques Delille
 
Staying Strong
 
“This is stupid,” Yasashiku mumbled.
 
“This is dumb,” Benjiro agreed.
 
“This is awesome!” Myuu cried out happily as Kaemon alone remained silent. They just arrived at Tokushima's Public Botany Garden, from the front it looked like a giant glass dome with a forest inside, but not only that, it was surrounded by a forest as well. But it turned out it was warmer down here then it was in Tokyo, maybe it was because of the hot springs or being somewhat closer to the equator. Either way Yasashiku, Benjiro, nor Myuu seemed to mind the temperature and just about bounded in till the automatic doors opened by themselves. And elderly lady with graying, black hair up in a bun walked out in a light green kimono with yellow flower designs. The other person that followed made Yasashiku go pale.
 
Rikuyami Sanotomono.
 
“Hello, and welcome to Tokyshima's Public Botany Garden.” The elderly lady began; Yasashiku eyed Rikuyami, expecting him to explode into rules at any minute. Though he was expecting that kind of behavior all the way, but then he remembered something. The lady was Riku's mother; there would be no way that Rikuyami would misbehave in front of her. “I am Sanotomono, Taura. You may refer to me as Taura-san if you wish, I do not mind at whatever you call me.”
 
“As long as it is not insulting, or you'll have to deal with me.” Rikuyami finally spoke; everyone in the class (including Mr. Usaki) stared up at the murderous Zebra. It didn't seem he was kidding, and the driver took it in immediately and said he would be back in a couple of days and left.
 
“Oh! And this is my son, Rikuyami Sanotomono. He will be along with me, be along the tour around the TPBG.” Taura explained with a weary smile, Yasashiku wondered what had Riku transform in the first place. It wasn't like Riku to go in an outrage around his mother, unless she wasn't around at the time. But Yasashiku knew Taura could take care of herself around her son, no matter who was in control of his body. She had to deal with his seizures since he was little anyway.
 
“Man, he's hot…” Yasashiku face-faulted. What? He turned around, oh yeah, Eisuka was here.
 
“Tell me about it, but he's seems awfully erm…stern…” Chiyo whispered back, Rikuyami caught them though.
 
“Hey you! You two in the back behind the damn Lion!” Rikuyami shouted, getting more then the attention he got earlier. Yasashiku's face contorted with utter surprise and shock, not moving a muscle. Eisuka and Chiyo looked around, looking for a lion (most of the students freaked and looked around as well), Myuu sweat-dropped, and Benjiro and Kaemon looked up at Yasashiku. Was he talking about Yasashiku? “Yes you,” It appears as though Rikuyami didn't see his mistake and continued pointing at Eisuka and Chiyo. When they realized he was talking to them, their eyes widened.
 
“Yes sir?” Eisuka asked in a falsely sweet voice that made Benjiro and Yasashiku gag.
 
“Why are you talking?” He asked, but before they could answer he answered it for them. “You have something more important to talk about then what she has to say? Well, do you? You came here to learn and listen, and I will make sure you achieve it! So shut up! Be quiet! And listen up because I'm not repeating it again! You are now in our responsibility so whatever you don't hear will be blamed on us so pay attention or suffer in my hands!” Both Chiyo and Eisuka clung to one another, both blue in the face that made Yasashiku chuckle, unfortunately, Rikuyami heard him.
 
“You think something is funny Lion?” Rikuyami asked as he went into his face, Yasashiku growled as sparks flew. The class made a circle around them, leaving Tuara out of it.
 
“Sure do, it's you.” Yasashiku answered with a sneer.
 
“Oh really? Do you have to brawn to back it up?” Rikuyami asked.
 
“Sure do, it's me.” Yasashiku growled back again as he loosened his collar. Rikuyami though, took off his entire top and threw it to the ground, revealing his nicely shaped torso and well-built abs. All the girls awed at his body, making Rikuyami sneer.
 
“What's the matter Lion? Afraid to show off your body?” Rikuyami asked in his own soft whisper that only Yasashiku could hear. But Yasashiku didn't turn red or flush, instead he only grinned, then he himself rid his upper torso of his school uniform. Making the girls go red, but most of them still watched with interest. As Yasashiku still did not grow into his manly portions yet, but they still seemed to ogle over him.
 
“Are they going to fight?” someone asked.
 
“Do they even know each other?”
 
“Of course! The Riku-guy even has a nickname for Yasashiku-kun! Think he's gay?”
 
“But why are they fighting?”
 
These continued to annoy both the Lion and Zebra, not that they would have minded the fans talk, but the questions were ridiculous.
 
“Seems that you made a pretty bad first impression Zebra,” Yasashiku growled with amusement as he charged a punch at Rikuyami. Though the Zebra caught his right with his left and with his right punched him one as well, but Yasashiku caught that with his left. They were both now un-moving, only staring each other down in the present state.
 
“Now please! No fights or-” Mr. Usaki tried to reason above the noise.
 
“Shut up you old coot!” Rikuyami shouted as he pushed Yasashiku back, Yasashiku landed on his back and flipped back on his as Rikuyami punched the ground where he originally was. Leaving a shallow imprint into the ground.
 
“Wow! Look at that, do you think Yasashiku can do that?” a student wondered aloud.
 
“Dunno,”
 
“Um…Yasa-kun? Let's not fight right now…we are on a field trip…” Myuu said, Yasashiku seemed to be the only one that heard her though. But he was wrong, unfortunately, Eisuka -who had gotten over being scolded-, spoke up.
 
“Oh do please stop Yasassy-kun! You'll get hurt!” Eisuka cried out, trying to mimic Myuu's voice, Yasashiku grunted, Rikuyami looked from Eisuka to Yasashiku.
 
“Who's that?” Rikuyami asked, he sounded terribly angry at the mimicking. Eisuka didn't seem to notice.
 
“It's not worth knowing her name,” Yasashiku growled as he kicked the Zebra in the stomach, sending him back slightly. But Rikuyami didn't lose his balance and clutched his stomach for a second, before glaring up at the Lion with a sneer.
 
“So who's that girl trying to pull you away then?” It was then that Yasashiku felt a slight tugged at his hair. He turned around to notice it was Myuu, she only tugging gently with some sort of rhythm that he didn't truly appreciate.
 
“What is it Myuu?” he asked.
 
“Let's not fight right now, can you like postpone it?” Myuu asked innocently, making everyone fall.
 
“You can't postpone an unexpected fight! Good grief! Don't tell me she's your girlfriend!” Rikuyami choked out as he tried not to laugh. Yasashiku only growled, Myuu backed away slightly.
 
“Was it something I said?” Myuu asked.
 
“It was only something you could have said,” Eisuka answered.
 
“So she is then eh? Now I've heard everything!” Rikuyami laughed, Yasashiku didn't answer, but the aristocratic Zebra seemed to have taken it as a yes. “Who would have thought? I just thought that Kaede was kidding!”
 
“Kaede?” Yasashiku said.
 
“Yes, see?” Rikuyami pulled out a silver cell phone from his back pocket and flipped the top to reveal a picture. Yasashiku edged closer to it to make out a picture of him and Myuu cuddling in the bushes, but wait…that was when they were skipping class! How could she have- “She said when she was leaving school she discovered you and with her phone she got a picture of you, sent it all over the net and on every Sanotomono's cell! Talk about clever!”
 
Oh right! Her school got out an hour earlier then his! Crud!
 
But before other students had the chance to see what was going on Yasashiku attempted to grab the phone, Rikuyami pulled it out of his reach and with his left jabbed him in the stomach. Yasashiku almost doubled over, but lunged again, knocking the phone out of his hand. Rikuyami growled and nearly fought back, but Taura stepped in.
 
“Now is now that time Yami-san, nor is any other time. Let's do what these children have come here for, now pull yourself together and act reasonable for once.” Taura scolded, making Rikuyami grunt and look away, he picked up his phone and snapped it back onto his belt. Eisuka mentally snorted. The two quickly grabbed their shirts and put them back on.
 
Children? This woman has been around kindergartners too much, she thought. Taura began to organize the class into groups. Unfortunately, Rikuyami was put in charge of Yasashiku's group that also consisted of Eisuka, Kaemon and a few other classmates. Myuu and Benjiro were in another under Taura's supervision and guidance. Myuu though, didn't seem to mind and instantly became occupied with a small white butterfly that flew by. Benjiro was complaining again.
 
“All right, follow me.” Rikuyami ordered as he put his left hand on his hip and motioned lazily for the rest of his group to follow him into the back. Taura began taking her students to through the front; Mr. Usaki followed Taura, not wanting to be around Rikuyami and Yasashiku.
 
“This is the main garden, where we-” Benjiro tried to tune out the facts that would be useless to him in the future. Instead he yawned and looked around. Myuu, who was completely in love with the place, was hanging onto every word Taura said. Benjiro looked around, what was so good about this place anyway? Sure, there were plenty of plants of every shape and size. Every color and every other design. There were butterflies and ladybugs here and there, there were parrots, types of birds he didn't recognize. Then there was of course, the feeders. “Now, if you follow me I'll show you to the patch of flowers we have been growing to show you the past several months.” He followed lazily as the group moved forward.
 
“Isn't this wonderful Benjiro-kun?” Myuu asked as she went out to pat a canary's head, but it squeaked in fright and flew away, Myuu staring after it sadly.
 
“Fabulous,” he replied with sarcasm. “Though I don't see why we could go to France or something where there are nude beaches and stuff like that,”
 
“Nude beaches? What are those?” Myuu asked, a little loudly. Mr. Usaki turned around.
 
“Keep to the subject Kosanki-chan!” he scolded before turning around again, stifling a yawn.
 
“There beaches where girls-YOW!” Benjiro cried as he jerked his head from Myuu's ear, a man with a long silvery beard that trailed at the ground and long hair down the back of his appeared out of the tall flower beds. He held a very old cane with a sapphire en-carved into the top of it. He wore a long-sleeved, grass-stained sweater with grass-stained pants and boots. His weary, light blue eyes glared at Benjiro.
 
“Oh, good afternoon Mr.-” Taura greeted, but Benjiro interrupted.
 
“What was that for ya old geezer!” He growled, making some of his classmates snicker.
 
“For trying to rot this young girls mind with a load of rubbish!” He scolded, moving the cane back and fourth in his fingers that were covered by gardening gloves. Myuu looked from the elderly man to Benjiro, wondering what was going on.
 
“Please don't be rude Benjiro-kun,” Myuu pleaded.
 
“Me be rude! He was the one who hit me!” Benjiro snapped, making Myuu back up a little.
 
“See here young man! Do not snap at a young girl like her! You'll regret it when the time comes!” The man said, hitting Benjiro again, a bit lighter this time.
 
“STOP IT!”
 
“Please calm down Benjiro-kun-” Myuu begged, Taura made her way to the three and smiled wearily at the old man.
 
“Please excuse his behavior Mr. Nainteiru, students. This is Nainteiru-san, he's the head gardener here.” Taura announced, some of the students greeted Nainteiru, most (the boys) stayed behind, eyeing the cane he held in his hands, Benjiro long put his hands down from his head and was now glaring at Nainteiru, Myuu smiled.
 
“It is a pleasure to meet you sir,” Myuu greeted, bowing.
 
“See! You can learn something from her sonny,” Nainteiru said with a chuckle at Benjiro, who snorted. “So, is this the class you were talking about Taura-san?”
 
“Indeed,” she answered; he put on a tired smile, the cane now held tightly to the ground so he could lean on it.
 
“Aw! This I must tell you a tale!” Nainteiru announced most of the students groaned. “You do not groan when an elder is talking and offers such a tale of wisdom!” Taura and Mr. Usaki sweat-dropped.
 
“Oh please don't be mad Nainteiru-san. We just came from Tokyo as you would know, so many of us are a bit restless. Please do tell your tale,” Myuu said, the man's eyes twinkled.
 
“Now that I think about it, the whole class could learn from you!” Nainteiru cried, making the class groan again. Sometime later they were seated at a few benches near a pond with a waterfall and plenty of other flowers and ferns. Myuu seemed perfectly content, as for Benjiro; he was as far from the `old geezer' as possible. Nainteiru was cross-legged on a stone lily pad in front of the waterfall.
 
“All right, this is a tale of-”
 
“How long do you think this will last?” Mr. Usaki asked in a low whisper to Taura.
 
“There is no need to worry, either if they're long or short, Nainteiru-san has the greatest stories ever made. Most he knows and experienced himself, he has lived a long life before arriving here a few weeks ago.” Taura answered, but Nainteiru cleared his throat and the two adults turned toward him with low apologies.
 
“Well, as I was saying! This is well, one of the many tales of the great kitsune goddess, Inari. You should know that she was the Goddess of Food, the being that kept your ancestors alive. But even this holy being has its flaws, for it is neither female nor male, but takes on the form as both. But, she favored her female side more, and became a female apparition that could take the form of a male's. After years and years of her caring and energizing crop fields for Kyoto's vegetables and plants, Inari saw no problem with it, as she was immortal. But one winter, she came across a wounded human man…”
Inari looked on through the snow-filled clouds; she sat upon a large, white fox that flew through the sky. She looked down through a small opening at the ground that was covered by a thick layer of white. She though, remained un-amazed, as she had seen these lands for over several years. They were always the same, she could tell if something was amiss if there was something anew around the lovely home of Japan.
 
Before she decided to head the other way, something caught her eye. Red, just red. The scent of blood though, came to her sensitive nose from fifteen miles below her. With a slight squeeze, the fox gently turned towards the earth and soared through the atmosphere. With a silent tap from its paws, Inari slid off her foxy mount and eyed the bloody body.
 
It was a human male, and he was still bleeding. It looked like the work of stray demons, but the body smelled nothing of demon. Upon closer inspection, there were spearhead gashes. It seemed that he was a thief, beaten by own kind. He must have been in great pain, but Inari had second thoughts. He was a disgraceful human; she should not help him. But that was how demons thought, and she refused to think their way or do what they would do if they spotted this human here unconscious and wounded. She summoned the fox, and placed the human upon its back and led it to a cave.
 
There she lit a fire and tended to the human kaitou's wounds. Most were minor; some were too close to his vital organs for comfort. As soon as Inari had finished, she thought of leaving, but the fox grunted its opinion.
 
“You started it, now finish it.” The fox growled, lowering its head back down to its front paws. Inari did so, and the two stayed in the cave with the man who has yet to awaken. Inari stayed quiet, she was a wise goddess. Wise enough to listen to the words of others, knowing their minds should speak as openly as any other beings. But her feelings were well adapted to such nature, so why did they stir when the man started to as well.
 
Inari pressed her fingers to the man's lips. He went silent immediately. He was now blind, completely. He would not see her at all, neither would he hear her. This was a terrible fate, something she should have left alone. But she somehow felt different, very different. She thought for a moment that it was due to the condition he and she were in. But this feeling was unknown to her, something like fluttering. But his condition was something he could not live with, Inari instantly wished to cure it, but she could only conjure a spell that would last half the day. To relieve of his so-called nightmares of blindness, she put him in a sleep. There she worked her magic till the crack of done. That morning the man's eyes cleared, his ears began to work, and his voice was back. The fox mount was gone, as it hated the sun. But Inari stayed behind, knowing it would be back after moonlight.
 
The first thing the man saw was her, he was transfixed to her, like any other man that she crossed paths with.
 
“You might now be Inari-sama would you not?” The kaitou asked, Inari nodded and gracefully walked to his side.
 
“Are you well this morning?” she asked, it seemed he was not on a trance though, while he looked at her much differently than others. While many other men would sit and gawk at her with her jaws hanging down, this man, no ordinary man sat just in a slight daze. Waiting her to move instead of himself.
 
“I've never had better days,” he stated with a big grin. “In fact, haven't felt this well since I was a kid. Did you heal me?”
 
“I suppose no one else could, after what you went through. Do tell me why I found you alone, in the middle of winter in a pool of your own blood?” Inari asked, folding her legs under her while her silver kimono surrounded her, staying flat against the ground. The man, who was now patched up, had silver-streaked highlights (after effects of her spell) with black hair that naturally stood up away from his head with a slanted design to it, a single, silver, think strand stood out at the center of his temples. His eyes were no longer pale, but a gleaming orange, full of mischief and self-glory.
 
“My ol' band of thieves ran across another strong thief. Apparently he wanted to be the leader of it, so naturally I had to fight to protect and keep my title. But I lost, they left me for the scavengers.” He seemed so content and proud of the fight, as if it were just a game, nothing to look back on. But it nearly killed him, he could have died if Inari had not come along and spotted him.
 
“Do you have a hometown?” Inari asked, his mischievous oranges met her cyan eyes.
 
“It was burnt to the ground by the old thief group that left me for keeps. The whole reason I went after them and became leader of them myself. They burnt one too many homes for my taste, but my exotic looks in life didn't seem satisfying to them, I don't think they ever did like me.” The man said.
 
“So, you're all alone now aren't you?” Inari asked.
 
“Nah! You're here right? Not that you'll be here for long, you do have somewhere to take care don't you?”
 
“It's not rice season yet, I have no where to go at the moment.” Inari said, the feeling that intrigued her by much turned into fondness. This man didn't seem to see any negative aspects in the world, like the ones she had seen. But he was leader of some thieves! He should have seen more then the burning of towns did he not?
 
“You know, for someone so mighty as you. You could do with a little less thinking,” the man said. Inari frowned.
 
“Why ever should I, I have much to think about.” Inari stated.
 
“Oh yeah? Like what?” he asked.
 
“Well, there's the people that inhabit Japan, the rice that should be-” The man stared at her, expecting a long, boring drawl. But she wouldn't give him that; she quickly shut her mouth, folded her sleeves of her kimono and looked away. “You don't have to be here you know, you can leave.”
 
“And go where? There's no more in life for me now, I've made my choice to get my revenge and take out the former leader of the thieves. What else is there for me to do?” It was Inari's turn to stare; his eyebrows went in different directions.
 
“Is that right?” Inari asked.
 
“That just about covers it,” he replied. He heard her sigh.
 
“Then me healing you and putting you under a spell to save you was nothing at all?” Inari asked, her temper rising.
 
“Wait of minute! Of course not! I'm perfectly grateful! At least I got to talk to you,” the man replied.
 
“Then what will you do, I can't keep by your side forever!” Inari snapped.
 
“Well of course, you're a goddess for crying out loud. I'll be at your side forever!” he retorted with a silly grin, her expression changed to light shock.
 
“What?”
 
“I have no where to go, no one's expecting me, just call me your henchman! I'll be at your beck and call!” he said, standing up and stretching his muscles. “By the way, what was that you were talking about? A spell?”
 
“Oh yes, it turns out your body was under horrid exposure to the weapons that have harmed you. You would have been permanently blind, deaf, mute, and unable to feel or taste anything either, nor examine something by smell. But the spell only lasts till sun up to sun down, through the night you will have those symptoms of which you once were. But by day, you're as good as a newborn fawn.” Inari explained.
 
“Great, I'm being compared to a spotted runt,” the man laughed. “Is that all? I'll be perfectly fine as long as I am with you!”
 
“Who said you could come with me?”
 
“Well, you did actually! You did save me after all! Kind of like saying `I saved you, so you owe me one'. This will be how I pay you back. By being with you, I heard that you have been awfully lonely. Not letting a man near you.” The man said. Inari huffed, her eyes narrowing at him as she too stood up.
 
“I never said once that you could come along, I have much business among the lands.” Inari tried to reason.
 
“Then I'll be along the way, those journeys have to be long! You need someone to talk to!” the man said.
 
“And what about at night?”
 
“We'll think about that when the time comes.”
 
“Oh? So you have it all thought out then?”
 
“Pretty much,”
 
“Good, then you can go along your way and leave.”
 
“And leave behind something so beautiful it seems to have been carved out by the angels, there is no way I'm am leaving you for the last time! Besides, you have been lonely enough!” the man said.
 
“How do you know there won't be anyone else besides you?” she asked.
 
“Because I know as long I'm with you, nothing can go wrong. Come on; let's be friends! Foxy!” The man laughed as he held out his hand to her, she looked at it, then at the man, then back at the hand. She eventually shook, making him sigh with relief.
 
“Thought you would never shake it!”
 
“Well, I did shake it didn't I?” Inari asked, he only looked back at her with a warm smile.
 
“By the way, name's Hoshiiwa. No need to ask yours, Inari!”
 
“That's it?” Benjiro exclaimed, while many others stared at Nainteiru in confusion, the old man was weary looking when he looked so energetic before.
 
“Cool your jets sonny boy! There are plenty of tales after this one, but they are not all that great, more tragic if you ask me.” Nainteiru said.
 
“Does Inari and Hoshiiwa fall in love and marry?” Myuu asked, Nainteiru smiled.
 
“People like you would expect such happy endings, but I am afraid one cannot be given to this tale, till this generation or the next succeeds in giving you one.” Nainteiru said, confusion marks erupted out of the students heads, they began to murmur to one another, but the elderly man would not tolerate it. “Do not go around talking mumbo-jumbo! What's this about predicting endings! I've heard better!” Benjiro dragged Myuu away, Mr. Usaki and Taura began to try and calm both the man and the students down.
 
“Man! That guy's full of crap! I wonder if they others are having a better time of it?” Benjiro wondered aloud.
 
“I'm sure they're having fun!” Myuu stated happily. “With Rikuyamikun-san, Eisuka-chan, Kaemon-kun, and Yasa-kun together, how can they not?” Benjiro stopped and faced her.
 
“HAVE YOU BEEN SLEEPING UNDER A ROCK THE PAST FEW WEEKS MYUU!” Benjiro roared.
 
“No, I can't because I'm too big and rocks are too small.” Myuu stated innocently, Benjiro sweat-dropped.
Lord, spare me…Yasashiku prayed as Eisuka clung to his arm as he constantly pulled it off.
 
“Oh come on Yassy-darling! Let's do what we can while the brat's not here!” Eisuka cried out happily, making Yasashiku growl.
 
“For the last time! Do not call me Yassy-darling! And stop saying Myuu's a brat! Because she isn't!” Yasashiku growled out as he took off her hand again and raced ahead of the group to Kaemon, who was silently following Rikuyami from a few feet ahead of them. “Why are you so quiet? I would think you and Riku-baka would be talking away about how much I irritate you!”
 
“Don't think I haven't tried, but he simply agreed on how much of an idiot you are and went back to where he was leading us.” Kaemon replied, Yasashiku sighed.
 
“Yet you seem so bored, you could've volunteered to help me out of Eisuka's goddamn grasp!” Yasashiku hissed.
 
“I would like to walk out of this place with all four limbs and a head on my shoulders.” Kaemon replied stoically.
 
“Let's see how much of a head you have when I get done with you!” Yasashiku warned, but he stopped when Rikuyami turned around, his back to the door of the back of the garden dome. For a minute, the Zebra and Lion stared each other down, but Rikuyami returned to his duties and looked up at the rest of the students.
 
“We are entering the herb and health part of this botany garden, do not mess with anything or pick anything. Any signs of misuse of tools will be considered horseplay and you will not take part in any other activities for the rest of the days you stay here. Now, follow me!” They followed Rikuyami in after he opened the door. They instantly felt life they walked into a very humid, heated oven. Rikuyami though, didn't seem to notice and continued walked till they came to several tables. There they saw several bags with objects inside. “Sit and hold one bag each, there should be enough.”
 
As soon as they sat down (Eisuka quickly sat down next to Yasashiku with Kaemon on the other side) Rikuyami explained that they were going to make lotion. Why they were was beyond them, but he quickly explained that the ingredients were made from special plants made here in the gardens. They were to test them out and see how wonderful they were, or how smelly. They could keep them for all Rikuyami seemed to care and instantly went into an explanation on how to use the churner.
 
“Once again, any misuse and you will be spending the rest of your time in the main office. There you will be watched over by our secretary.” He stated firmly as he began to crunch the herbs in the small bowl with the churner.
 
It wasn't till later that they came to the point to use their imaginations. Yasashiku crunched up some fine powder from some kind of hardened moisturizer that Rikuyami said was used often in skin creams. Kaemon though, seemed to be going for something passed advanced. If anything, there had to be over a hundred different ingredients in his bowl, and he looked like he knew what he was doing!
 
“Do you know about cosmetics Kaemon?” Yasashiku asked.
 
“Not cosmetics, skin medicines. My mother works on skin therapy remember?” Kaemon asked casually. Of course, it would have been obvious to how why he was so skilled. But it wasn't till he filled it with water and shook it around enough to make it into smooth cream that was the smell of peaches and the color of pale, milky-white skin.
 
“Nice, you want me to get a bottle for that?” Yasashiku asked.
 
“Sure, get something pink, my mom's color.” Kaemon requested.
 
“You're making that for your mother?” Yasashiku asked with a grin.
 
“Why not? I have no use for it, maybe even for my sister.” Kaemon answered, “But what about you? You're not going to use that stuff on yourself are you?”
 
“Heck no! It's for Myuu,” Yasashiku said with a laugh as he went in search of the bottles. Eisuka watched him leave, and carefully leaned over to his ball and squeezed some red liquid into his powder, Kaemon watched out of the corner of his eye, trying not to smirk. “All right, (Eisuka jerked back to her work) here you go Kaemon.” Yasashiku laid a round; short bottle with a cap-on lid next to Kaemon, who said `thanks' quietly.
 
“All right, hmm…nice smell, wonder what it was. All well,” Yasashiku said as he began pouring water in his as well. Eisuka and Kaemon were smirking, for two completely different reasons that were somewhat related to one another. Yasashiku noticed though. “What the heck are you two smiling about?”
Late that day, Benjiro and Nainteiru (who stuck around for the rest of the tour) continued to fight, even over the smallest things like whether a bird they spotted was a parrot or a macaw, no one dared to intervene, only Myuu seemed determined to end the fights, but to no avail. When they were done they came to the newly restored `lotion' station, where the other group had already left to continue on with the tour. Myuu happily sloshed around with many ingredients that actually turned out rather nice to smell in the end, Benjiro's resembled that of a smelly pile of dung. He was nonetheless grouchy the rest of the day (as Nainteiru had taken part as well and was as happy as ever as people flattered him with comments on how good his smelled, Benjiro had though, mentally admitted it did smell nice).
 
While Yasashiku, Kaemon, and Rikuyami didn't seem to have much fun either. It turns out that (by what Taura said) Riku transformed right when he spotted Yasashiku coming out of the bus. While the other kids were rather confused, Yasashiku was grinning insanely and commented on how the `Gay Zebra' couldn't help but see him. But that resulted into another fight, where Yasashiku successfully gave Rikuyami a bloody nose while he in return a black eye. Neither wished to see the nurse, and neither were sent away due to `more possible havoc'.
 
But when they finally met up at seven to unpack their things left by the bus and get their rooms for the night, Yasashiku and Myuu happily traded their lotions, but to them, it was like another New Year's Eve party.
 
“Thank you so much Yasa-kun!” Myuu cried as she hugged him tightly around the middle, he gave an amused smile.
 
“It's only lotion,” he said.
 
“But it's still a gift! And I love it! As well as the person who gave it to me!” Myuu said, straightening herself up. “What does it smell like?”
 
“Open it and smell for yourself.” Yasashiku said as he opened his own lotion gift and took in a whiff. “It's tropical! How do you like mine Myruru?”
 
“Cherry!” Myuu cried happily, “with a bit of banana!”
 
Cherry? Eisuka mentally gasped as she turned back in her memories. I could have sworn it was spices…
 
“Discover something unwanted Asakurama-chan?” Kaemon asked, she jerked around and glared at him.
 
“You switched the lotions didn't you!” Eisuka growled, Kaemon though, only smirked.
 
“Actually, it was all your doing. It turns out this ingredient you wished for Yasashiku's gift to Myuu-chan to ruin was indeed a cherry-scented one, the red liquid simply made you think it was a something else. But if you were listening to Rikuyami-san's speech when he was telling us about the viles of liquid scents, you would have heard that there were no foul-smelling or eye-burning liquids. The only one who had achieved something like that would be that idiot of a friend of mine, Benjiro.” Kaemon explained. Jabbing a thumb over at Benjiro, who was throwing his concoction away in a nearby garbage can.
 
“Damn you!” Eisuka growled.
 
“Damn yourself, you should pay attention to someone else that will probably return the same feelings. Yasashiku isn't that person, so give up. He wants nothing to do with you, but if there is something you should know about Myuu…” Kaemon said as he turned his back on Eisuka. “Is that she will be happy with whatever any of her friends give her, something that changes it will never make her turn it down.” With that, he left Eisuka, dumbfounded.
“It's wonderful Yasa-kun, I wonder what we'll be doing tomorrow?” Myuu questioned out loud, but then she noticed his eye. “Yasashiku-kun! What happened to your eye?”
 
“Oh! This?” he asked as his hand pointed at it. “Slipped and fell,”
 
“Over his lazy ass,” Rikuyami added as he appeared next to the Lion.
 
“Don't go sneaking around like that Riku-baka! You have caused enough trouble for us all for the day!” Yasahsiku stated.
 
“Oh really? How could you possibly ever notice with that girl of yours hanging around?” Rikuyami asked as he looked over at Eisuka, who was chatting with Chiyo and another girl.
 
“Keep your nose in your own damn business!” Yasashiku shouted.
 
“Make me, as if you can,” Rikuyami said with a smirk. Myuu touched Rikuyami's arm and he looked down.
 
“Please don't start another fight, let's get along for at least the rest of the night, please?” she said with a small smile. Almost instantly Rikuyami's hair changed into an almost white, his eyes became bigger and so did his ego.
 
“Ah! Yasashiku-kun! How nice to see you again!” Rikugenki cried, the students turned and stared at the now happy Riku. Myuu was going frantic trying to calm him down as he pulled Yasashiku into a tight hug.
 
“So he is gay isn't he?” a student asked as the three continued without hearing anyone.
 
“Darn't it all, all the cute guys are either get taken or are gay,” a girl mumbled without shame.
 
“Yay! More friends to know and know some more!” Rikugenki cried as he rushed over to the rest of the students, Kaemon quickly stepped aside with Benjiro in tow.
 
“NOT US!” Most of the students cried as they ran down the parking lot, leaving the Mr. Usaki and Taura in complete confusion.
 
The time between lights out and that moment was nonetheless scary and tiring. It took a while for Rikugenki to apologize for something, it came up when he fell on top of Eisuka and apologized repeatedly over how sorry he was for his clumsiness. At least Rikuhikari appeared and revealed himself as a complete angel, to the complete relief of Yasashiku and the others. But when it came to see who was in what room in the extra hallway that was made for over-night guests they booked for weeks. It was amazing to see that Taura's home was an extension to the dome, as to where other gardeners sleep when they didn't go home. Nainteiru never slept over, instead, he left before evening every night.
 
Unfortunately, Myuu ended up in the same room as Eisuka and her other two friends while Kaemon, Benjiro, and Yasashiku occupied anothers. As somehow they got an extra bed as they were the last picked out, so Benjiro stuck the tow together just to get a bigger-sized bed, leaving Yasashiku and Kaemon to the single twin-sized beds.
 
“All right girl, here are the rules before lights out,” Chiyo announced as the other girl, Izumi Harata shut the door and locked it, Myuu occupied the bed in front of the door and turned to the three girls, she smiled.
 
“Oh all right, what is it you wish for me to know?” Myuu asked.
 
“One, do not leave without us knowing on where you are going. Two, keep to your bed. Three, keep your belongings on your bed only, not on the floor. Four, leave us alone. And five, don't say a thing! Got it?” Eisuka asked, Myuu nodded. “I said do you got it?” Again, Myuu nodded with the same small smile. “Answer me!”
 
“But you said not to say a thing,” Myuu stated.
 
“ARG!” The three girls moaned.
 
It wasn't till long that everyone was in his or her pajamas. Alone Myuu dressed in long-sleeved, pink pajamas as the other girls were in tank tops and thigh-length shorts. As much as she wanted to say that they would be cold, she couldn't say anything as they sat on the floor in a trio playing cards, alone she sat on her bed, with only her old stuffed cat in her hands.
 
“What the heck is that thing? Looks like a frog!” Chiyo exclaimed as she spotted Myuu with it in her arms as she sat cross-legged, watching them, hoping they would invite her to the group to play before they were ordered to go to sleep.
 
“Oh! This is-” Myuu said as she smiled again and held out the stuffed cat, but brought it back to her when Eisuka interrupted.
 
“Didn't I say not to say anything! Go to sleep or something!” Eisuka demanded, but Myuu was wide-awake. But at this point in time she had a weird urge to go to Yasashiku's room, she knew there was an extra bed, but she couldn't possibly go in, they were probably having guy discussions anyway right? Then again, she was supposed to be here, so whatever troubled her, she would have to deal with.
 
Maybe I am not making a hard enough effort to make friends… Myuu thought sadly with a sad smiled as she lifted the cat and stared at its fake, gleaming amber eyes. Its silver threaded fur was soft, and it still looked like it could last like a collectable after eight years.
 
“You know, you smile too much!” Izumi said as the cat was snatched from her arms, the girls smirked as Izumi stood on top of her beg, dangling the cat from it's neck down at a shorted Myuu.
 
“Please! You'll damage her! Give her back!” Myuu pleaded as she got to her feet and tried to reach for her stuffed cat, but Izumi only pulled it higher, Chiyo and Eisuka giggled out openly. “Please!”
 
“You even gave it a gender? Do you have a name for it?” Izuma asked with a wide smile on her face.
 
“Of course! Her name is Fluffly!” Myuu said with pride, her eyes twinkled as she struggled to get the cat back.
 
“How pathetic!” Chiyo laughed, Myuu was standing on tiptoe now.
 
“Does it have a birth certificate?” Izumi asked dumbly.
 
“How about a license? A tattoo perhaps?” Chiyo added.
 
“No way, it's probably her best friend! Wait till Yassy hears this!” Eisuka laughed, Myuu fought the urge to cry as she jumped a little to grab Fluffly's tail.
 
“Just give her back!” Myuu said again, her voice not being able to be controlled by any calm exterior. The girls took notice.
 
“Ooh! What's wrong Myuu? Are you going to cry?” Eisuka asked.
 
No I won't…
 
Myuu stopped for a moment and stared up at her beloved stuffed cat, dangling there and held by a laughing girl. Myuu fought hard too not cry, but it seemed the more she tried, the more she couldn't hold the tears back.
 
I can't cry…
 
“Oh! Looky! She's crying! And over a dumb stuffed animal too!” Chiyo said as tears rolled down Myuu's cheeks, her shoulders shaking. “What are you going to do? Run to Yasa-kun?”
 
No…I can't involve Yasashiku in every problem I get into…this time…
 
Myuu looked up again, only to have Fluffly collide with her face.
 
“I have no need for the dish rag, have it back for all I care, I saw all I wanted to see! You're such a crybaby!” Izumi said as she jumped back to the ground and laughed. Myuu cradled Fluffly and hurried under her covers, trying hard to contain her sobs.
 
“All right girls, time for bed.” Tuara said as she came into the room with a tired smile, the three girls hurried back into bed, and with a look at Myuu's form under the covers, she switched the lights off. Almost immediately, Myuu's voice cracked through the room.
 
“Oh would you shut up! We would like to go to sleep!” Eisuka growled through the darkness. But she couldn't, instead the three girls fell asleep in a moment of silence, therefore giving her the moment to cry herself to sleep. Her imagination taking her back home to her bed and loving parents, or even into Yasashiku's protective arms. Why did they do this to her? What did she ever do?
 
But I have to be strong…so Yasashiku doesn't have to be looking out for me all the time…
 
“Night guys!” Yasashiku said as he flattened his pillow and with a sigh his head landed on it. Kaemon was already asleep, his bed was nicely formatted as Yasashiku's was ruffled, and Benjiro's was already everywhere.
 
I don't want to look weak anymore…so you can sleep without worry Yasa-kun, don't worry about me…