Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Musouka ~ Dare to Dream ❯ Exam Heats ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N:
Man, I am torturing you guys don't you agree? When I said that this story wasn't even half-way through I meant it! And I have to wonder why people are going nuts over Eriko/Kyo, I prefer Kyo/Tohru, but I'm not spilling the beans yet. As I am not done terrorizing you people! There are so many other surprises around the corner! So if you thought what I'm doing is a big turn around, wait till the next one! Besides, none of the pairings that you supposed from the beginning are not solid relationships. I want this a little realistic; I'm not one of those people who appreciate stories with no big dramatic twists! I mean like in `Raise Your Voice' starred by Hilary Duff, you can tell from the very beginning that she will fall for the guy she first meets and they end up together in the end with her perfect future ahead of her, I'm not like that! There will be relationship dumping and getting together throughout this series! But in the end, you'll just have to see who's with who now won't you? Hee hee…oh! And people that are only in the manga will appear as well, you already know one, Machi Kuragi has already made her first appearance, now, onto the show! =^-^=
 
Chapter Thirty-six
 
I must be cruel only to be kind;
Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind.
 
William Shakespeare
 
Exam Heating
 
 
The weeks went by slowly; needless to say that Eriko didn't enjoy herself by much. Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo were doing wonders on their studying for the exams that were coming at a faster pace than before, Eriko didn't try as hard, it was perfectly pointless as she wouldn't last long enough to make a success in later life. But it was rather funny to see Kyo actually studying; of course, he kept himself in his room for often to do so. Tohru and Yuki studied together, with the ever-so-more-annoying Shigure coming in now and then to bug them instead of giving out free helpful advise that Eriko knew he had little supply of.
But then, they weren't the only ones looking forward (if not dreading) the exams. Eriko met up with Aikoko with Kaede at the store when she went shopping again for Tohru on her work nights. Aikoko said she was up to her nose in books and hardly had any other time for anything except for studying, which was proven by the pounds she lost. Kaede on the other hand was completely healthy, as it turns out she's been studying her lessons for the exams in reality. For example, Keade said last Monday she felt like studying genetics, and had Aikoko and Aunt Kita demonstrates for the gene tables. It was rather an embarrassing moment for them when she announced (they were on the porch of Kita's home) that they would have a kid with brown hair and blue eyes! Unfortunately, most people heard and a rumor started saying they were lesbian. Aikoko and Kita never gave Kaede a hint of fear whenever they came near or caught each other's eye contact, but showed ten times the more caution.
Noami, as she was told was working just as hard as the students were. She and a teacher Yuki has, Mayuko Shiraki who have been said to get along quite well as they see things similarly were working together just to get some daily quizzes done. Aikoko said she hadn't been able to get a full sentence out of her since the exams date became three weeks away.
Eriko didn't look as stressed as other students, therefore people made it a habit to avoid her, thinking she would be a distraction towards their studying. Even the rambunctious Yasashiku and the boy named Benjiro Nishinaka, Eriko had come to know of were working their hardest, closely observed by the detective boy, Kaemon Zin and partnered with Myuu. Even the hyper Momiji and quiet Hatsuharu have been getting their study hours in. About a few days ago there was a racket going on, on the floor beneath Eriko. When they were informed a student was terrorizing the room he was in, Yuki, Kyo, Tohru, and Eriko hurried out of the room. Turns out being told what to do to improve his studying schedule was the last straw for Haru, as the first appearance of Black Haru showed himself to Eriko, she never underestimated the quiet boy again. Especially since he asked her out on a date, Kyo knocked him out cold. At least Momiji was able to have the energy left for the occasional badminton.
But by the end of the first one they decided to have on the three week of exam studying ended up as a disaster. Turns out that only Hanajima had the strength (since she barely did anything) to stand on her own feet. Everyone, including Kyo, Yuki, Tohru, Momiji, Haru, Eriko, Yasashiku, Myuu, Benjiro, and Kaemon were completely wiped out by the end of it and each of them practically begged not to have another till summer began. Each one of them after a while were still completely exhausted, resulting in that Haru's and Momiji's driver ended up driving every one of them home, Hanajima on the other hand, only came for the pleasure of riding in a limo.
But as the next week went by, Kyo, Yuki, Tohru, and Eriko were completely out of energy. So was everyone else, as far as they knew only Shigure seemed to have a back-up energy generator as he was forced to endure the hard work of his upcoming deadline. Also, the heat was getting worse by the day. No more snow was left, it was now May and the heat was unusually ruthless, anybody would have thought it was July! So, the exam week would be a living nightmare! Except nobody admitted it, as if they could. The heat made everyone tiresome and the only thing good it did was to rid the school of bothersome and nasty attitudes. Yasashiku happily announced that for once, Eisuka was down for the count. But the statement only made Eisuka fume, it was even more hotter for Myuu than before, as she whispered inappropriate things in her ear till Yasashiku or Benjiro or Kaemon took notice and shooed her away.
But when things couldn't get worse, Ayame even came over once sometime before the exams and offered to cool them down with his parasol. Except for the fact it was only to shade himself in the sun and it was more of a decoration than of anything of good use. But because of his overly inflated ego and overly confident logic it made everyone stay in their rooms more often, avoiding having to mess with him, as they were too tired to deal with such a `menace'.
On the week before the exams everyone was cramming in any extra lessons into whatever room their brain cells had. That week though, was a bit more eventful than the ones before. As notices were put up to tell students which room would be their testing room, where they would each be for two blistering hot hours in their sweaty chairs and shaky hands that would later feel like spaghetti. Eriko and Uo ended up being with the teacher that wasn't afraid of the `Sohma' kids, as Momiji liked to call her, Mayuko Shiraki. Yuki, Hanajima and Kyo were in with Noami and Tohru was in with some other teacher.
But then, finally, the week of the exams came. No one was happy about it.
“You'll do fine everyone! And don't worry, I already paid for your places in a temple and gravestones!” Shigure laughed as he saw the teenagers out, fanning himself with a flat fan with the word 'Dog' in kanji upon it.
As soon as Eriko took her seat in Mayuko's room, almost instantly she caught her eyes, they were so knowledgeable, and somehow, she knew the knowledge wasn't only of teaching and her subject. No, the knowledge had something to do with what she had gone through, and it seemed somewhat tragic. But that was such a strong word, but it was the only word that seemed to fit the feeling that was about her irises.
“All right, here are your pencils and test booklets, do not open them. I will explain your instructions as soon as I hand out the answer packets.” Shiraki-san announced as she walked up and down the rows of desks. Eriko was having yet another more than usual tiring episode, she was losing energy again for some unknown reason. As she picked up her pencil, her hand shook uncontrollably. She sighed calmly, hoping she would at least survive another two hours.
“I thought I was going to die…” Uo hissed at lunch, she was terribly hungry as she claimed about five minutes ago. Showing to the world that a hungry Arisa Uotani was an angry and psychotic Arisa Uotani. When they were on their way to lunch, not even Eriko had the bravery and slyness to get too near her. There in the cafeteria, Eriko and Uo met up with Tohru, Hanajima, Yuki, and Kyo. The four of them were in the same state as Eriko and Uo were, having spaghetti as a right arm wasn't anything pleasant at all. But they had four more days of exams till they could relax.
The next day was just as gruesome, as the air conditioner in the main office was shut off due to over heat, so therefore, not only were the students and teachers out of it, the main office workers were snappy and easily aggravated. They once scared off a freshman wondering if it was all right to use a pen for an application he had to sign, he never got to complete the application that was for sure. Even the principal was walking around with a tense feeling lingering around him, snapping at students as he walked down the halls. When he once snapped at Kyo for tying his shoes, they nearly got into a fight, thankfully Noami and Mayuko was there, and surprisingly, both of them kept their distance from Kyo.
But on the third day of the exams, Eriko couldn't keep her eyes open and almost fell into slumber, but as her head was on her left hand, it slid and banged against the desk, only Mayuko looked up to only see Eriko working slightly faster with a faint red mark on her forehead. But by the end of the day, Eriko was passing Mayuko's room. Down the hall and down he stairs the others waited for her return to go home. Apparently she dozed off and stated some reason to leave to her locker that she didn't remember and walked up to it anyway.
“What do you mean she can't leave?” it was Noami, in Mayuko's room? Eriko slid against the wall and approached the door that closed. Her accurate hearing got everything in though, and not only was Noami in there, so was Mayuko and another person that sounded incredibly like Hatori!
“I'm sorry, but until further notice she has to stick to Akito's side. Like Kureno I'm afraid.” Yep, it was Hatori. But what were those three doing in there? Eriko had no idea any of them even knew each other, she only knew Noami the most, but the other two were clouded in mystery. Who knew a doctor and a teacher could be so interesting?
“Like Kureno? Whatever happened to him anyway? And what about Mei? She's the head of our family! Of Sunmei and mine! Akito can't decide on what other members of a different family do! This is outrageous!” Eriko held in a gasp, never had she heard Noami lose it in front of anyone if at all. She was perfectly reasonable, but that was probably when it was cooler.
“Whatever happened to him is his business Noami, you know that. But what Mei has to say in this is little, as you know she cannot speak for herself, and at the moment, I doubt that Mei ever knew Sunmei returned.” Hatori replied.
When did Sunmei get back? If she was at the estate then I would have smelt her, but I didn't… Eriko thought, maybe Sunmei arrived sometime after she left the estate to live in Shigure's house.
“Well, yes, she told me to keep it quiet. Not even Aikoko knows, nor Kaede. But I'm not all pleased to say that this was kept quiet even from Mei as well.” Noami stated dryly. Whatever happened at the moment didn't seem to impress any of them.
“Why did she wish to keep herself away? Perhaps, to stay hidden from Akito?” Mayuko suddenly asked out of the blue.
“Shigure's doing I suppose? Got too close to him Shiraki-san?” Hatori asked.
“Shigure had something to do with it, but I found out mostly by myself.” Mayuko said, Eriko's eyes widened. Was she talking about the curse? She wasn't a Sohma or a Sanotomono, so she couldn't be cursed. So, maybe she does mean by finding out about the Sohma curse, did she find out about the Sanotomonos yet?
“I don't think I need to hear the details, let's just hope Akito doesn't realize you found out about us, or I'll be forced to suppress your memory. But anyhow, why did Sunmei come but hide herself? It's obvious that she had no choice but to return home when she finished her work at the universities in America, I called sometime ago and found that out. She couldn't stay, as she was much more at home here in Japan correct Noami? We have known each other long enough Noami, do give us your theory if you disagree with mine. But then again, I'm not done yet.” Hatori explained. “Sunmei returned home and in fear that she would get involved with Akito again, she stayed hidden in your house, making everyone think that she was still in America carrying on her studies as a veterinarian. But how she got into your estate without anybody but you noticing her baffles me.”
“You're right that she did come back to Japan because it was her native home, but whether she kept herself hidden because of Akito I do not know. Sunmei has been terribly withdrawn with a more, frightening angle to her. I think that she…has been putting very much thought into this. Returning to Akito was merely because of Shigure's doing. You remember when we were in high school; she and Shigure were practically engaged. She still yearns to be around him, so therefore it's only plain to see that just speaking to Shigure again wasn't enough, but following his advise was a mistake. Now she's locked up, with Akito.” Noami explained.
Suppressing memories? Hatori's the one who can erase them! He's been one of the people Tohru couldn't mention! Eriko thought, leaning in closer to the lockers that were outside of Mayuko's room.
“This isn't the greatest place to discuss these matters I hope the both of you know. Stray students do tend to wander around the halls before the principal leaves.” Mayuko stated plainly.
“You are right, we can't have this conversation overheard.” Hatori said.
“If not already,” Noami replied in a nasty tone, “I believe we already have a student outside the room clinging to every word we hear.”
“How so?”
“Just a hunch,” Noami replied back to Mayuko. All three of their sets of footsteps came towards the door. Eriko quickly scurried away, she just made it when the door opened, and she was already down the steps.
“Ready yet?” Yasashiku growled, Myuu was clinging to his arm for support, she had been refusing for help the past few days, but now she gave in to the tiresome beast that wished for rest and frigid coldness. It helped having Yasashiku around, as Myuu almost climbed into a refrigerator a couple of nights ago when they continued to study into the night. Their parents were asleep at the time, but only the group of teenagers knew what happened.
“Yes,” Eriko replied back, the only ones with smiles on their faces were Tohru and Momiji, but the only one who was not sweating was Hanajima, who was wearing completely black. She hadn't lost herself to the heat nor had she complained she did nothing different from when it was actually at a better temperature. “How do you do it?”
“Do what?” Hanajima asked calmly as they walked out of the school, Momiji and Hatsuharu waved good-bye as they walked towards their limo.
“Not be you know, sweaty-like?” Yasashiku asked for Eriko.
“Who says I'm not sweating?” Hanajima asked.
“I don't want to know,” most of them moaned.
After Yuki, Kyo, Tohru, and Eriko returned to Shigure's house, Eriko kept quiet on the overheard conversation carried on between Mayuko, Noami, and Hatori. But even without him there, he seemed to become under the weather like them. Much more quiet it seemed. Even at dinner there wasn't a word from it, Eriko wondered if the heat was finally getting to him. But it would have a while ago, there was something else bothering the Dog.
“It's going to be hotter tomorrow,” Yuki stated as he turned off the little TV. They all moaned, Shigure fanned himself faster.
“Man, I might as well grab a shovel and start digging my grave!” Kyo cried.
“Now, now, let's not get too desperate.” Shigure said with a nervous smile.
“DON'T TELL ME NOT TO GET TOO DESPERATE!” Kyo roared.
“Shut up you stupid Cat, we have enough to deal with now, nobody at the moment or if ever wants to deal with you.” Yuki stated.
“SHUT THE HELL UP YOU BASTARD!” Kyo roared back.
“Please you two, not here!” Tohru managed to say, trying to get as much water down as possible.
“Nor at the moment, it's too hot.” Eriko added.
“What? Too hot for a baby?” Kyo asked, his eyes narrowing.
“Excuse me?” Eriko growled, her blue eyes turning cold.
“You heard me!”
“Then why don't you repeat yourself or can't you remember?” Eriko hissed back.
“As if! You have the poorest memory!”
“Like you would know! You don't even know what day it is!”
“Of course I do its July 1st!” Kyo answered.
“It's May 10th you IDIOT!” Eriko bellowed. Both of them stood up and practically launched at one another till Shigure got up and held Eriko back as Yuki did the same for Kyo.
“GET OFF OF ME DAMNIT!” Kyo roared.
“GET YOUR FILTHY PAWS OFF OF ME YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A MAN!” Eriko cried, both the Fox and Eriko twisting and struggling out of the Rat and Dog's grips. Or tried to. Neither of them could escape their grasps, surprising Eriko though she was quite in denial, Shigure didn't look that strong.
“Stop it! The both of you!” Shigure demanded, Tohru stood in between them, much to Shigure's and Yuki's horror, as their grips were about to give out any second now.
“Let's not fight-not right now at least! You can fight later at schoo-no I mean outside! No! No! I mean don't fight at all!” Tohru begged.
“Get out of there Miss Honda!” Yuki shouted as he shifted his position and pushed onto Kyo, so they landed on top of the table where Tohru was at seconds ago with Yuki on top, having a hard time keeping Kyo on ground because he himself was also tiring from the heat and with his own breathing. Shigure leaned back and lost his balance, the wall caught him, so there he stood with an Eriko with a rampage on her mind.
“Get off me you damn mutt!” she hissed, her voice dripping with venom as her head turned towards him. Completely out of shock he almost let go of her, but almost instantly he gained back his bearings and caught her by the wrists. Kyo was still flailing under Yuki, Tohru immediately suggested that she should hug Kyo to turn him into a cat to make it easier to restrain him. But Yuki said it would only make him more agile and might hurt her as he was blinded by rage.
“Eriko! Calm down! NOW!” Shigure demanded, Eriko did calm down, not by much though. Tohru out of panic ran from the room, shouting something that had to do for calling for help. “Eriko! Stop it! You too Kyo!” Unfortunately, no one in the room thought of their guardian's words as it only made Kyo angrier and Eriko more cunning as she began remembering moves no one thought she had. It took all Shigure's strength to maintain even a few fingers on her wrists as she twisted and flung herself into his body repeatedly.
“Hurry Miss Honda!” Yuki managed to choke out as his breathing began to show hard labor.
“YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT WENCH!” Kyo roared.
“IN WHAT?! YEN OR YOUR HEAD?!” Eriko bellowed out. Tohru hurried back in.
“Hatori is on his way!” Tohru said quickly, “he was the only one I was able to reach!”
Thank goodness he was the only one she could reach! Anybody else would have given us no other chance of living! Yuki thought as he continued to struggle with Kyo, he put his knees into his back, but it only made the Cat struggle harder. “Get out of here Miss Honda!”
“E-EH!” Tohru cried, completely shocked by the positions she did not notice before she left. Finally, Yuki could no longer hold the vigorous Kyo and when he saw his chance in between Yuki's labored breath he bolted from out from under Yuki and lunged for Eriko, Eriko slyly slipped through Shigure and lunged at the Cat. “No! STOP!” Tohru cried as she flung herself at them.
“Miss Honda!” Yuki cried as she was in between them, but when things went into action, it was hard to see what was going on as it went so fast. First off someone grabbed Tohru's and pulled her into safety while someone else came in between Kyo and Eriko and put them both into a headlock. Both tried to yank their heads out of the arms, but couldn't.
“When I heard there was a fight coming from Shigure's house, I thought it would be between Yuki and you, Kyo. Not between you and this young lady here.” The man said, Kyo frozen instantly and looked up.
“Shishou?” Kyo muttered. Eriko stopped, but didn't look as dumbfounded, she was completely indifferent. She could care less who was holding them, except she couldn't push the fact away that he was the one holding her back from tearing Kyo limb from limb.
“Yes, Kyo? I wish to know an explanation from this.” The man called Shishou said, Eriko felt Shigure move near.
“Um…Kazuma? You do know who that girl is right?” Shigure asked.
“Of course I do, but let's introduce ourselves later. I want to know why this began happening in the first place?” the man named Kazuma asked, Eriko remained uncaring and looking away with her eyes closed. Kyo was silent.
“I want to here the reason for interrupting me as well, I thought it was only a typical Yuki and Kyo quarrel. But when Tohru sounded desperate, I had no choice but to hurry over. Kazuma overheard and insisted he come along. Be lucky he was at the estate at that precise moment.” Hatori's voice said as he and Tohru came into view of the three.
“Ah ha! You do have a little crush on Tohru!” Shigure exclaimed, despite the situation laid out before him.
“This is not the time nor place to discuss this Shigure.” Hatori said as he glowered at Shigure, Shigure on the other hand looked up at the ceiling to avoid looking at the Dragon's eyes.
“Hatori…” Yuki mumbled, he was doubled over with his hands around his throat, only Tohru was thrown into panic.
“Oh no! Yuki! His asthma!” Tohru cried as Hatori bent over him.
“Let's get our explanations later, we need to get him into bed.” Hatori said as he leaned over and had Yuki's arm around his shoulder to support him into walking. Shigure looked at Tohru.
“You better get to bed as well Tohru, you still have a couple more tests to take. I'll clean up here.” Shigure offered.
“I can't let you do that!” Tohru cried.
“No, no, you need rest. Hurry on now,” Shigure urged on as Hatori began climbing up the stairs with Yuki.
“It was nice to see you again Kazuma-san,” Tohru said as she bowed towards the man that held Kyo and Eriko captive.
“Pleasure seeing you again as well Tohru-chan. Now go on, you go to Kyo.” Kazuma ordered as he freed Kyo, who had completely forgotten the incident.
“Yes Master,” Kyo said dully, with a hint of nervousness in his tone. “Will you leave before morning?”
“I'm afraid so Kyo,” Kazuma answered, strange, he didn't sound strict her anything of the loner-type at all. Eriko dared to look up at this `Kazuma' character. He wasn't looking down at her, but she could see he had gray hair much like Yuki and warm brown eyes. She began to blush as words forming from his appearance bounced into her head. “Now then…” Kyo had growled and was now walking up the stairs after Tohru, who had climbed up them a few seconds before.
“You must be Eriko, I consider not going on a violent rampage when I'm here and gone. I rather not see this house in ruins,” Kazuma said.
“Please don't damage the house anymore, I beg of you! The table almost gave!” Shigure sobbed as he cleaned off the table, taking note of the bruises it got from Yuki wrestling with Kyo. Eriko gave him a cold look that sent him ushering back into the kitchen with whatever dishes he had.
“As you may know by now, I am Kazuma. Mind my modesty, I'm sure you probably heard about me from Kyo or Tohru or Yuki.” Kazuma stated.
“I probably have, can't remember though.” Eriko lied, Tohru told her something about him, and he was Kyo's master wasn't he?
“So then we have much to catch up on, you stay down here all right. Shigure and Hatori will join us in a minute.” Kazuma said as he motioned for her to take a seat at the table, Eriko did, reluctantly. Kazuma took the seat next to her and folded his arms into his sleeves. They sat in silence for a few minutes, Hatori was still upstairs with Yuki and Shigure was obviously too frightened to reappear till Hatori came back.
“Don't get the wrong idea of me yet Eriko, there is still much for you to learn.” Kazuma said out of the blue. She reddened slightly, how did he know her thoughts were wandering over to her visions and dreams? He reminded her of the gray-haired person in her early visions and why of the elderly Cat in her last dream? Kazuma though, noticed her expression. “I do believe you know of the Sohma family curse now I believe, tell me, what do you think of them?”
“That's based on opinion don't you think? Depends on what you think of the Cat and the others? How they can never be in a straight relationship with anyone else outside the family curse doesn't give the cursed much to look forward to if they can't even do what they dream and wish to do like most people. But if I was to tell of my thoughts on this curse, I would say that I really don't know what to think. After all, I am going through similar prospects; therefore I don't have much sympathy on the subject. Not like any of them don't really have much of a future.” Eriko answered.
“Hmm…really? I would think the Cat would share many qualities that you have, not to mention what he has been sentenced to be after graduation.” Kazuma said, breaking the silence once more. “Though he will not run away, yet it is just as bad.”
“How do you know about me?” Eriko asked, slightly flabbergasted. He gave her a sad smile.
“I know this, because I have suffered just as much as any jyuunishi does. In fact, my grandfather was one, he was the Cat.” Kazuma answered.
“He was locked away from others wasn't he?” Eriko asked, her eyes softening and her aura calmed and the annoyance has shifted into a comfortable position. She felt oddly easy around him, as if she had known him since forever.
“Indeed, a shame really. He was a kind soul, but what I gave him in return was a harsh heart. I spoke cruelly to him from outside the bars while he stayed calm and continued to smile. All he ever did say was `I understand'. Do you, Eriko? Understand why one speaks harshly of you when they do? I don't believe so, but I do. I never took it to heart what my grandfather said to me on that once brief meeting of grandparent to grandson. But now, as I am older, I understand perfectly. Do you think you can?” Kazuma asked.
“No, not ever. If it took you that long to figure out what he meant, then I'm afraid I will never know. I only have till next year as well.” Eriko replied.
“But maybe not,” Hatori came down the stairs and sat down across from the two. “While I'm here I might as well get some things straight and answered.”
“Oh you're back! How's Yuki?” Shigure asked as he appeared as well, sitting on the side of the table in between Hatori's and Eriko's side.
“Just a minor attack, he'll be fine around the morning.” Hatori answered as his green eyes looked up into Eriko's blue orbs. They were as steely as ever, aggravated from the stare at the most. “Why don't you enlighten us with why you and Kyo began to attack one another. I was clearly informed you two were in a relationship.” Eriko hid her blush by not blushing at all, even though that was clearly asking for a lot of explaining. It was beyond uncomfortable.
“Don't tell me you don't notice? Being in a suit and all.” Eriko snapped.
“So you're blaming this on the heat?” Hatori asked.
“Um…Ha'ri! It has been some degrees above 95 in Fahrenheit the past few weeks.” Shigure said, Hatori didn't seem to hear them, Kazuma remained silent.
“Either way, I've never known you to be edgy. Usually that's Kyo's tactic,” Hatori replied.
“Shows how much you know about me, so how much do you know about my cousin?” Eriko asked, all three men looked at one another. “You heard me right and don't play dumb, overheard your conversation with two teachers at Kaibara High School, one of whom is another cousin, Noami.”
“So you're the eavesdropper then.” Hatori stated in a bored fashion.
“She is the Fox Ha'ri, be wise not to underestimate her.” Shigure said.
“I figured that out well before you did Shigure.” Hatori remarked.
“Don't think I'm going to forget bakas, what happened to Sunmei? And what does this Akito character want with her?” Eriko asked coldly, her eyes icy cold. Shigure smiled and closed his eyes, even though he could feel the iciness her glare gave them.
“No need to be testy, I know the heat is quite hard to ignore, but let's not get too disrespectful. I'm sure you know that Akito is the head of the Sohma family if you know that we're cursed.” Hatori began to explain.
“It sounds odd coming from you, or from any of you as of a matter of fact. I-”
 
“Can you promise, to tell no one of what you found out?” Tohru asked, Eriko nodded.
“You didn't tell me Tohru, but yes, I'll have this conversation held secret.” Eriko replied.
 
“Yes, Eriko?” Hatori asked as she stopped abruptly. They were staring at her, her eyes had a faraway look in them, Kazuma was the grandson of the Cat, and she knew that since he introduced himself, but now it was all coming together…