Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Musouka ~ Dare to Dream ❯ A Rat’s Predicament Part II ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Forty-seven
 
When we're together, my fears suddenly fly to the other side of the stars.
 
Tohru Honda
 
A Rat's Predicament Part II
 
“Okay, so let me get this straight. Yuki had lost consciousness and you think it was an attempted suicide?” Yuri said, all the teens were sitting somewhat calmly on the bed. “Therefore you tried to keep everyone from knowing, and Momiji, Ritsu and Komaki know what's going on right? They seemed a little off this morning now that I think about it.”
“Genie bottles!” Yuki shouted once more.
“Be quiet would you!”
“Good dogs!”
“I'm not a dog you damn Rat!” Kyo shouted back.
“And of course, you don't want anybody to know about this. Yet Kyo wanted to tell me,” Yuri continued.
“Is there any reason you shouldn't have known?” Kyo growled back in sarcasm.
“Well, I have to agree that they needed you here more than down there…”
“Let's not go there,”
“But anyway, what was that paper Yuki flushed down the toilet?” Yuri asked, looking at Kakeru, he sighed.
“I told you that he tore it up and flushed it before I knew he was holding it,” Kakeru answered. The group was slightly relieved, but with a strange Yuki in one of the beds, they weren't out of the woods yet.
“But I'm curious, was that really Ritsu in the bathroom?” Yuri asked, Kakeru scowled.
“It was me pretending to be him!” Kakeru said.
“Could've fooled me!” Kakeru leaned over a bit.
“I did,” he stated quietly, a few of them chuckled. Yuri rolled her eyes.
“Anyway, the manager isn't happy either.” Yuri resumed the girl and the others looked at her oddly.
“What does he have to be mad about?” Benjiro asked.
“Well, it seems that there were still a lot of other people asleep when you started making noise. Therefore there were a lot of complaints so…”
“So what?”
“He's coming down here in person to find out what's wrong in five minutes,” Yuri finished.
“Did you not even attempt to keep him from coming down!?” Kyo shouted.
“Before I didn't know all of this happened!” Yuri stated calmly in response.
“But still!”
“Let's get ready!” But it seemed that the manager was all business - he came early.
“I suppose you think it is funny do you to interrupt everyone else's days in this hotel?” It wasn't really a question, but the pudgy hotel manager was glaring stiffly at each teen in the room. “And next to that, I received at least twenty disturbed calls from this very room. Now, I do know who is in this room. Do say something if I call out your name would you. Hatsuharu Sohma?”
“Yo,”
“Mo-Momeegee Sohma,”
“Momiji sir, he's down at breakfast along with Ritsu Sohma.” Yuri answered back calmly.
“Very well, Kakeru Manabe,”
“Present!”
“And Yuki Sohma,”
“Not present,”
“And where on earth is he? He is as responsible as everyone else that had been in the room I presume.” The manager spoke, they all thought the same thing.
You have no idea.
“He's out walking his dog,” the girl spoke up, they all looked at her, the manager turned red.
“There was a dog! In my hotel!?” the manager barked.
“Oh no! It was the dog of his cousin that lives not far from here!”
“So he walked all the way over to his cousin's house just to walk the dog?”
“Of course, he's a great animal lover.”
Depends on what animal you're speaking of… the cursed members thought.
“So it shouldn't take him too long huh?”
“He's walking a doxin, they have very small steps,” the girl said. The manager raised an eyebrow.
“So you're saying it'll take longer for him to come back?” the manager asked.
“Yes, is there any other questions that we could answer though sir?” Yuri asked.
“Indeed, could I have a word with Mr. Manabe?” Kakeru looked up at him. “Do tell me what the noise was?” Kakeru gulped.
“I'm not sure, I just came in here, why don't you ask Haru.” They turned towards the Ox.
“It would be best to ask Yuki sir, he knows it in full detail.” Haru stated.'
“But he was out walking dog when this all seemed to happen.” The manager stated.
“But he knows what happened,”
“Then I'll wait for him,”
“What is he doing?”
“You just told me he was walking a freakin' doxin!” the manager shouted back.
“Oh yeah! Could you please step out of the room for a moment sir?” Yuri asked quickly, the man looked at her and with a snort he and growled.
“Fine, I'll give you a minute. A-minute!” the manager stepped out of the room, the door closed behind him.
“All right we don't have much time one of us have to be Yuki!” Kyo shouted.
“Why not just tell him Yuki's asleep!” Kakeru seemed to beg.
“Like he said! He thinks he's walking a damn dog!” Kyo shouted back.
“All right, shall we do it the old way?” Haru asked.
“Let's do it,” Haru, Kyo, Yasashiku, Benjiro, and Kakeru held their hands out.
“Rock! Paper! Scissors shoot!” The girls sweat-dropped.
“They're the same! Again!”
“Rock! Paper! Scissors shoot!”
“Again!”
“Rock! Paper! Scissors shoot!”
“Ah ha! I'm it! Oh no I'm it…” Kakeru moaned.
“All right I'm coming in!” the man marched back inside. “Well?”
“I'm Yuki sir,” Kakeru lied, the manager turned a magnificent shade of violet.
“You were out walking your dog!” the man shouted.
“But I came back just moments before you came inside the room the first time!” Kakeru cried.
“And it gave you and everyone else a whole five minutes to remember who you are! And besides you said you were Kakeru Manabe!” The manager growled.
“I said I was Kakeru just to see what you wanted with me!” Kakeru said.
“All right then, Mr Yuki Sohma, do tell me what the hell was happening inside this room!” the manager growled, trying to keep his volume down.
“All right, you want to hear the story. The real story?” Kakeru asked, obviously trying to stall for time to think up one, everyone held his or her breath. “Well, it all began at four thirty this morning. I got out of bed before everyone else except a friend of mine whom got up even earlier.” Kakeru began, no one dared to breathe.
“Before I decided to go to the bathroom to get ready for the day I decided to look out my window, there I looked out into the parking lot and I saw a woman staring up at me very strangely. I quickly started shouting and running about as the girl saw me and began running for the hotel. Everyone woke up; I fled into the bathroom past Kakeru! There I slipped and my head hit the side of the tub and I passed out! When I awoke everyone was around me and I could have sworn they were speaking a different language! My friend Haru was here!” Kakeru got up dramatically and rushed over to Haru. “He was saying - Sono a te ogni cosa a destra noi altri sua pieno di timore - and then here Yuri was shouting - volare! Prendere un medico - and I began shouting out random things from all the chaos and I managed to get to my feet and I only fell back down again when I thought I saw the person in the parking lot in the room so I struggled even more and people continued coming and leaving as I eventually calmed down! And now, I have had ice stuck to my head and I had gained my consciousness and full awareness back enough to sit here and talk to you.” Everyone looked at the manager, who seemed just as confused.
“You know what?” they turned blue from hold their breath. “I like it,” they exhaled with relief. “I don't buy it, but I like it.”
“What?” Kyo gasped, how could anyone believe that kind of story?
“I said I like it, but I don't buy. That's more than enough reason to let it go, with you people that is. Enjoy the rest of your stay here, and please, hesitate to ask anything!” the manager said as he finally left the room.
“I'm impressed Kakeru,” Yuri stated, her face rather pale-looking.
“Yeah, how did you think up a story like that?” Yasashiku asked.
“Dunno, I just went along with it. I didn't know where the hell it was going but I just kept on going,” Kakeru said with a satisfied smile.
“I'm impressed, that's the only word that can explain it.” The stranger girl said. Kakeru's smiled broadened.
“But we should get the real story, I want to know what really happened to Yuki.” Benjiro said with slight curiosity.
“Yeah, I do too. Snap back to reality Yuki!” Yasashiku shouted. Not that he needed to shout; already Yuki was back to his normal self and was rubbing his eyes. He looked up at them with utter shock.
“Hey! I saw you in the parking lot this morning!” Yuki gasped, pointing at the unknown girl. Their eyebrows raised as they looked at Kakeru.
Shocked himself, the boy only shrugged.
 
Downstairs however.
“What the hell is taking them so long?” Uo growled as they finished their breakfast.
“I'm not sure,” Tohru answered, Komaki was seething it seemed.
“Yo, you all right?” Myuu asked, looking at Komaki in a concerned way.
“Oh no, tell me if you discover finding Kakeru and Yuki together in a bathroom is all right?” Komaki asked, Machi dropped her fork and everyone else's jaws dropped.
“That certainly is disturbing,” Hana replied.
 
Outside the window of the condo Kaede grinned evilly.
“The perfect film! Who would believe me at school that Kakeru Manabe and Yuki Sohma were actually gay!” she laughed as she shut off her video camera.
 
A/N:
 
OMG! Ha ha! A few seniors and juniors at my school made a play and man it was hilarious! Heck hilarious doesn't even cover it! These last two chapters were dedicated to what an awesome job they did! They're such an inspiration that I could never have dreamed of and to think I know most of them! They're the best of the seniors and juniors I've met! Anyway, if you have any questions of course, do leave reviews and I'll answer them on my profile.
 
Did I not say to run! He he! Kaede you're so evil!
 
Give a big hand to the cast of characters
 
Morgan Moore
Jamie Berry
Jamie Roberts
Eric Morris
Bethany Munsey
Brandon Sawyers
Emily Wertman
Zach Rose
James Brown
Katelyn Estridge
 
Here's to everyone else that contributed to the making of this play!
 
Neil Simon
Director of this fantastic show of `Rumors'
 
Rhonda Lucas
Stage Manager
 
Wally Getz, Tom Redman, Thonda Lucas, Ken & Julie Smith, Clint & Sheryl Moore, Mile & Shelly Morris, Greg Young, and Natalie Roberts
Set Construction & Set Painting
 
Brett Sandlin
Set Décor
 
Jaclyn McClure
Original Artwork
 
Robin Baker
Program Cover
 
Bill Balfour
Light Design
 
Dan Brackbill
Light Operation
 
Chris Young & Cody Harness
Light Crew
 
Andrew Hehe
Sound operation
 
Chad Allen, Aaron Perry & Terrah Price
Backstage Crew
 
Adi Ingersoil
Make up
 
Kaitlyn Theiem, Jenny Young, Sarah Dellen, Jamie Adkins, John Hibbs, Dave Eschenbrenner, Emily Driesbach, Katie Evers, Morgan Kahny, Amanda Lanham, Natalie Cagle, Erin Burress, Stephanie Grady, Katie Graham, Josh Ventling, Brittany Himes, Adrienne Mann & Megan Lichliter.
House Staff
 
Thanks to all these people for their marvelous hard work and great effort into one of the greatest comedies I've seen!