Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Scared To Want You ❯ I Hope He Sees That Too ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

EVERYTHING IS MINE! I LAUGH AT YOU AND YOUR NOTHING-LESS STATE! HA! HA! AND ANOTHER HA! Just kidding, nothing is mine.
 
I Hope He Sees That Too
 
School was a waste of time, there was no reason that anyone would ever give that would change Kyo's opinion. Usually it was tolerable, but everything was changing his opinion on that right now.
 
Namely: Yuki, who had pretended that Kyo hadn't existed ever since three days ago when Kyo had… well, done the unspeakable.
 
What?! The rat didn't think it was hard on him either?! He didn't think that Kyo had wanted to get in the bathtub and slit his wrists right afterwards?! Well, of course not, how the hell could he have known?
 
Kyo groaned mentally, chewing on his lip so hard he was convinced that after a while, only a thin layer of skin separated his teeth.
 
He glanced sideways again, trying to get anything from Yuki. A sign, a sadistic smirk, hell, he would even take a death glare, but Yuki didn't look at him. His shoulders didn't even stiffen, though Kyo was sure Yuki would be able to sense that someone kept looking at him.
 
Damn it! His eyes snapped back to his desk, trying to burn holes in it. At least that would give him something to concentrate on other than Yuki, who, by the way, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about since about three days ago, afternoon-ish. And the feelings running through his head weren't resentment or regret either. It was something much, much stronger.
 
That kiss, it had been incredible.
 
It had been that heaven that Kyo had been searching desperately for, ever since his mom had killed herself.
 
It had been that glimpse of nirvana ever since he had met Tohru, the first one to really except him.
 
It had been that paradise that he thought would always be kept from his vision because he was the cat.
 
It had been that pure bliss, like nothing else he'd ever experienced, not when Tohru had brought him back from his emotional doom after master had pulled of his beads, not ever.
 
And he had pushed it away.
 
Everyone was right. The cat was a useless idiot, just a worthless waste of space that did nothing but upset and set people off.
 
Akito had always told him that no one would love him, and he was wrong about that, but Akito had also said that Kyo would never be able to experience love. That part, well, she'd been 90 percent right.
 
Kyo had experienced love, and the pain that it caused, but he hadn't accepted it. The bitch had been right; he would never experience love. Maybe he should just stick to Tohru and take whatever comes, if she chooses him or Yuki. And if she chose him, then he would keep Yuki out of his mind except as a rival.
 
For some reason, that thought set something on fire inside of him. Not an ambitious you-can-do-it fire, it was a painful, sickening heat, saturated with hate and anger that flared like acid in his heart.
 
The bell rang, and Tohru had to come over and poke him to get any reaction.
 
“Kyo?” she asked quietly. “Is everything ok? You look a little…” he trailed off, not being able to find the right word.
 
“Fine.” He said curtly and stood, inconspicuously looking around, the rat had already left. He sighed as shoved his things roughly into his bag.
 
“Um, Kyo, I have to do some shopping.”
 
“Fine.”
 
“Will you and Yuki be alright?”
 
He flinched at Yuki's name.
 
“You were both very quiet today, and it's not raining, so…”
 
It was clear that she was worried they would fight. Kyo snorted, unless the rat wanted to beat the tar out of his hide—and he seriously doubted it—then they wouldn't be doing anything of the sort. Hell, he even doubted they would be talking.
 
“If you say so, but Kyo, Yuki's been very quiet today too, so…”
 
“I don't think we'll be fighting.” He tried to cut her off in the nicest way possible, but he really wanted her to stop talking. “Let's just go.” He turned for the door, slinging his bag over his shoulder.
 
“Oh, ok.” She forced a smile and trotted off after him.
 
Kyo ignored the rest of the house and went straight to the stairs, walking numbly up and into his room. He didn't even hear Tohru call for him to ask if he wanted anything from the store and to inform him that she was going out. Again.
 
“Oh, and Kyo?” Tohru yelled up the stairs. “Shigure is at the main house visiting Ayame and Shigure.”
 
Nothing.
 
“Kyo?”
 
Still nothing.
 
She sighed and headed for the door. I wonder if something happened between those two. She looked once more back to the house before turning and walking out.
 
Kyo ran his hands through his hair and reached for the door handle and started downstairs. He was freaking hungry.
 
I wonder what Yuki's---huh?
 
His cat ears perked up to the sound of stifled sobs, and eventually led him to the door of none other than Yuki Sohma.
 
Is he… what gives?! Why is he crying?! He rapped on the rat's door.
 
“What?” Yuki snapped.
 
Kyo shoved open the door to see Yuki sitting on his bed, no red eyes, no tears tracks, no water droplets on the sheets, nothing, as if he hadn't been crying. “Why…”
 
“ `Why' what, you stupid cat?” Yuki said, trying to hide a swallow.
 
Busted. “Nothing, just wondering what's wrong.” Kyo leaned up against the doorframe, his arm above him along the top of the frame.
 
Nothing's wrong.” Yuki growled menacingly.
 
“Then why were you crying?” Kyo returned, keeping his face blank.
 
Yuki's eyes popped, and then narrowed sharply as his death glare tried to burn holes in Kyo's head with his eyes. “I. Wasn't. Crying.” He said dangerously. Kyo was sure Yuki would've been able to make those twin holes in his desk he'd been trying to burn earlier.
 
“Then who did I hear out in the hallway?” Kyo returned easily. There was no way in hell the rat was winning this battle.
 
Yuki had no response to that, and instead, his eyes narrowed even more, and for a second, Kyo thought the rat was going to attack him.
 
Time had stopped, and garnet eyes glared into amethyst eyes and amethyst eyes glared back until Kyo walked forward—making Yuki flinch—and sat down on the bed.
 
Kyo snorted loudly. “You were all right, about the cat.”
 
Yuki's eyebrow raised, and Kyo finally noticed the extra glint in them when the sun hit the beautiful amethysts right. So he was crying.
 
“A monster, stupid, useless… those words were all right for describing the cat, and not to mention me. Akito was right, I never should've been born.” Kyo let his head fall into his hands. “Listen rat, just… when you do remember, try not to forget that I did it for your own good. I'm going.” He stood and walked for the door, his hand gripping the knob when a small voice stopped him.
 
“I do remember.”
 
Kyo jolted to a stop, and whirled to find Yuki had curled his knees up to his chest and was hugging them so tightly that his arms were shaking. The liquid diamonds in his eyes had spilled over, and left glistening water tracks down his porcelain cheeks.
 
“…What?” Kyo breathed. I couldn't have heard that right, there's no way that could've been right.
 
Yuki drew in a long shuddering breath. “I do remember you stupid cat, and the only reason you're stupid is because you believe what Akito has been telling you all these years. When the hell did you get to be such an idiot?!” he yelled, glaring at Kyo.
 
Kyo's breath was stuck in his throat, and his hand shook violently on the door, making it rattle.
 
“Are you trying to break my door?!” Yuki snapped, his head lifting off his knees.
 
“You… remember?” Kyo breathed.
 
Yuki's eyes drifted back down to the floor and his head fell back into his knees, so Kyo couldn't see his face.
 
The cat took a staggering step forward. “When did you…”
 
“… After your foot caught my cheek… and in the hospital.” Yuki said finally.
 
“But, why…?” Kyo stared at the skirt Yuki was wearing. “You suddenly get an intense urge to be a transvestite, or was that picked up from Ayame?”
 
Yuki bristled at Kyo's mention of him being like his brother, but didn't let his retort out of his throat.
 
“We were always fighting before I… started acting like that.” Yuki said after a while. “I hated it, how blind we were, I didn't want to go back to that.” he lay down on his bed.
 
“And, I thought… that if I wasn't that girl anymore… you would hate me again.” He continued.
 
His voice was barely above a whisper, but that was all Kyo needed to hear it.
 
“I couldn't bear being rejected anymore.” Yuki forced himself up, scrubbing his eyes furiously with the heel of his palm. “And, Kyo… I wouldn't have been able to bear it from you even more than I would have been able to from Ms. Honda.”
 
Kyo hadn't moved this entire time, and flopped weakly onto the bed, trying to process all of this. It was like he was tied to a chair, and everything that Yuki told him, felt like someone was punching him across the face.
 
“I'm sorry.” Yuki shuddered again from a shaky breath, and stood. “I'm going to go now, just forget everything I told you.” He stepped quietly for the door.
 
But, if he started remembering at the hospital, than that last kiss… Kyo's eyes shot open. That hadn't been the girl talking, that was… Yuki.
 
Yuki reached the door and his hand lifted for the handle. Kyo lunged, grabbing the rat's wrist and pulling him back. Yuki, being so stunned at the touch, couldn't jump-start his brain enough to block or try to fight back, and out of nowhere, he was sitting in Kyo's lap, Kyo's arms wrapped tightly around him, with the cat's lips pressed securely against his own.
 
“Damn rat.” Kyo growled, pulling back and resting his forehead against Yuki's, his eyes still closed. “Why didn't you tell me?”
 
“B-because… you would have… I thought you would have…” Yuki stuttered, shocked speechless from their current position.
 
“Turned you away?” Kyo laughed darkly. “Then why didn't I the first time? Or the second? Being the cat doesn't make me that emotionally starved.”
 
Yuki licked his lips, and Kyo realized that he wanted them again, he wanted to feel the soft flesh against his own and he craved Yuki's taste, like it was a drug.
 
“Yuki?” Kyo whispered, barely brushing his lips over the rat's when Yuki looked at him. Come on, if you want this, then you'd better tell me. I'm not going to just guess the entire way through.
 
Yuki swallowed audibly, before tilting his head forward, pressing Kyo back the tiniest bit.
 
That was all Kyo needed, it was all he could force himself to wait for, and the his hands shot to his cousin's back, yanking him closer and smashing their lips together.
 
Yuki was quick to try and take the lead, his hands fisting in Kyo's flaming orange hair as he ran his tongue roughly along Kyo's bottom lip, forcing Kyo's mouth open.
 
I don't think so rat. Kyo pulled away and dove for Yuki's neck, nipping it once curiously, and plunging into the suckling when it extracted a gasp from Yuki.
 
They were fighting in the most nonviolent way they had ever fought in their lives, both trying for dominance.
 
Kyo smirked wildly and grabbed Yuki's shoulders, dragging him fully onto his lap and wrapping his cousin's leg around his waists, rocking them as revenge for how Yuki had messed with his head the last time they'd been in this position.
 
Yuki threw his head back, snapping his mouth shut so as not to scream before smiling. A feral glint flashed over his eyes and he slowly looked back down at Kyo.
 
Kyo leaned back warily as Yuki leaned forward, and then Yuki yanked his hand's from the cat's hair and slammed them against Kyo's shoulders, knocking him back onto the bed with a muffled `oomph' from Kyo as Yuki covered the cat's lips with his own again.
 
Kyo grabbed Yuki's shoulders and tried to push him back, but with inhumane speed, Yuki's hands had forced his wrists back onto the bed over his head while he ravaged his cousin's neck.
 
Kyo stifled a gasp as Yuki nibbled on his pulse point and struggled to right himself. Yuki smirked and unwound his legs from Kyo's waist to brace himself over the thrashing cat beneath him as he moved to Kyo's ear.
 
Kyo allowed himself to let loose a throaty moan, unable to contain it, and shuddered in ecstasy under the feeling of Yuki's tongue on his neck.
 
Yuki had somehow managed to lace the fingers of one of his hands through all ten of Kyo's fingers and was keeping the cat securely held against the bed with his hands pinned above his head. His slid his hand slowly under Kyo's shirt, letting his nails graze over the taught muscles, smirking when Kyo shuddered at the tingling feeling.
 
He pushed the shirt up to Kyo's collarbone, leaving him full access to Kyo's beautifully tanned chest. His tongue licked his lips nervously, but he smirked when he felt Kyo shuddered again in anticipation.
 
His tongue flicked out experimentally, tasting Kyo's flesh. Finding that he was becoming addicted off the taste, not to mention Kyo's reactions to everything were seriously turning him on, he dove into ravishing Kyo's exposed flesh with his mouth, kissing every inch from Kyo's navel to his neck and back again.
 
It took Kyo a moment to register that Yuki was no longer holding him down, and his tongue was not where he wanted it to be: tracing patterns on his chest.
 
In fact, the rat was gone.
 
Kyo shot up looking around until he saw Yuki walking to the door.
 
“Yuki---”
 
“I'm going to go get out of this skirt, I can't stand it.” Yuki smirked. “But don't worry, I'm coming back.” He slid open the door, shooting Kyo one seductive glance before sliding it closed again.
 
Kyo relaxed, draping his arms over his legs as he leaned forward.
 
The cat and the rat, who would've guessed, but honestly… we belong together. Akito, well, if we're careful and no one ever finds out… it should be fine, right? I could still move to Master's dojo, and then get a house down there. Then Yuki could move in without anyone knowing. It'll be hard, but if we hide it all… we can do this. We can be together. We can be where we belong, with each other.
 
I hope he sees that too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
WOOOOOOOOOO! FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Holy over-cooked artichoke and flying alfalfa! This is my first fanfiction to ever finish! Holy freaking crap! Hope everyone liked it, and there's some love in the futures of the cat and the rat! (insert yaoi fangirl squeal here) Please review, tell me what you thought, and you don't have to be a member to review, so even if you're just visiting, please tell me what you thought about this!! Thank you everyone who read all the way through, and I hope you enjoyed it!
 
Bye all!
 
Fireserpent14
 
P.S. Tell me if you want me to do an epilogue, I'll do it if I get enough requests, so please review!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Another quick thing, please check out my other fanfics if you liked this one!
 
How Do We Learn to Love the Ones We Hate? (Inuyasha)
 
Save Two Lives With One Doctor (Inuyasha)
 
And soon to come: Help Me to Remember (Naruto)