Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shigure's past ❯ Lawyer, Beatings and Cake ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Ayushi: (the writer of this fic) Hey I hope you enjoy it. Its just an idea of what I had about how Shigure might have grown up!

Shigure: Finally a fic all about me!

Ayame: pardon me, but I'm in it as well.

Ayushi: please both your egos are coming out of the roof. Any way onto the fic! I don't own fruits basket

Shigure: But you own my heart!!!

Ayushi: *blush* I wish! )



"Shigure!!!" someone called from down stairs. It was his father. The 16 year old Shigure got out of bed, put down the novel he had been reading and opened his door. He went down the long corridor. Expensive and old pictures lined the walls. Vases held fake flowers, they were fake like everything else in this house. Beside the gold that is.

"Yes papa what is it that you wanted," he said in his normal smart mouthy tone. He saved it to use only with his father.

"I got your report card today. Seems the only class your doing well in is Creative Writing," he told the boy. The mans blood vessel in his head was bounding,. He stood up. His massive arms and legs flexing in anger. He slicked his straight black hair much like Shigure's but graying out of his face.

"Oh really, that's just too bad," he said and headed on his way out the door.

"Not so fast my boy and exactly how do you expect to become a lawyer with that kinda attitude," he demanded in a calm and stern tone.

"I don't plan to be," he said determinedly knowing what would come of it. He heard his father undo his belt and paused only for a moment waiting for the pain. His father hit him with his belt using the buckle side on his back. He feel to the ground. His father continued for so long he finally gave up and passed out from the pain.



"You should just keep your mouth shut Shigure your such an idiot," Hetori said as he put ointment on his friends back. He was being gentle of Shigure still winced a lot. His back covered in welts. He had gone to school backpack on his back and all. He took the pain he was almost used to it now. His father had been doing so for almost 10 years now starting when he was 7.

He wasn't like the rest of his family he knew. His father was a straight tie guy. He was a lawyer. He worked mainly in politics. He did a lot of work Shigure wasn't proud of. His father had put a lot of good innocent men in jail for the sake of his clients. He used his authority to get what he wanted not matter what. He even black-mailed a few of his own clients. He was deceitful, cruel, strict and a liar to say the least.

Shigure was everything that his family didn't like. He was first of all cursed of course. No one in family branch (The Sohma's, but more distantly related and had no inner breeding with the family. He was only related to the Sohma's though his great-great-great-great-great-grandfather) had been for the last eight generations proudly. Then he came along and was cursed. He did bring the family the honor of having a Zodiac in the branch.

Other then that he was useless to them. He didn't obey every word his father said. He didn't want to be a lawyer like his father and uncles. He did badly in school. He even went into the red zone something not even the adult in his family did. He also was open minded. He didn't mind hanging out with men like Ayume. Who were outlandish and exocentric. He was even a bit of that himself.

He liked to play tricks and flirt. Something one in his family did. So, he got beaten and yelled at often. He was the scapegoat for all the other children, but he didn't mind he would rather take the wrath from his father then have the younger softer children have to endure it. He had tighten himself up enough so he could take the pain and punishment without losing his playful nature.

"No, that would be wrong of him to do! He should stand up for what he believes in. Hold his own agest his father and be tall. He should be strong and speak out his feeling of love and passion for all to hear," Ayume stated holding on hand up towards the ceiling looking up, as if to the heavens through the moldy ceiling, on hand pressed agest his heart. Shigure shook his head.

"Come now. I'm used to it really," he said wincing a bit as Hetori put another bandage on over a huge welt.

"Still until your father calms down about your grades I think you should stay at one of our houses," he told Shigure as he finally finished up. Shigure put back on his shirt and looked at both of them. Ayume's house was insanely quiet most of the time, unless he was in the room. Hetori's house was empty and when his mother was around she was so much of a scatter brain she most likely won't realize she was there. Both of the situations better then the one he had at home.

"No, I couldn't really. I can handle my father," Shigure told them both. Concern still laced there faces, but he took little to no notice.

"Fine," Hetori said standing up and going to the door of the boy's locker room where they had been sitting "One of your welts has some odd puss coming out of it, I'm going to go look it up in a medical book in the library. Either of you care to join me?" They both shook their heads. Looking up puss didn't sound too entertaining. Plus, the young men had better things to do. The bemused twosome slowly looked at one another.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Shigure asked as Hetori left.

"I think I am," Ayume replied.

"CHEERLEADING AND FOOTBALL PRACTICE HERE WE COME!!" they shouted in unison.



Shigure went home after practice. He was hyped up after all the short skirts and tight pants. Ayume had taught him long ago that it didn't matter if you found guys hot as well as girls. It only meant you had more to enjoy. Even though Shigure still liked the girls a lot better he could enjoy the look of men as well. Something all of his girlfriends in the past had at first found odd but then quiet attractive. They took pleasure in having discussion about which guy was the hottest in which movie.

He smiled as he thought about Ayume's constant hooting and howling. Ayume was light in his life. He didn't know what he would do without him. Ayume gave him the strength to be who he wanted to be with listening to the influence of others including his insane family.

He got to his house. The mansion once he got inside smelt of fish and other foods. The cook was in the kitchen doing dishes. He snuck over to the table of desserts and took one off the counter. He started to sneak out when one of the maids bumped into. He was covered in smoke and suddenly was dog. She had noticed him, so he picked up the plate of food and made a run for it. He got the laundry room. He knew his door would be closed so he couldn't get in that way.

He sat next to the dryer and ate the small cakes the cook had prepared. They were delicious. Delightfully soft and fully with cream in the middle. It was a treat normally reserved for guest of importance. He wondered if someone was coming. His questions were answered as he heard voices coming down the hallway. His father's, another males, an older female then a young ladies. They were coming this way.

He went to take the last bite of the cake but transformed before he had the chance. He froze as he looked at the door and saw his father and the guest. One an older gentlemen in a suit, and what he presumed to be his elderly wife. Worst of all was there daughter. She must have gone to his school. She wore the uniforms they did there. At this position he could see right up her skirt. He then realized they could see a lot more of him then his under wear. He stood up quickly and looked in the laundry hamper. He tossed a few things out and pulled them over himself.

"Sorry about that got out of a shower without a towel. Had to come in here to get one. I didn't know we had guest father," he told them all.

"Why were you in that strange position?" the man asked.

"I had fallen. I'm a little clumsy sir," he said to the man as he continued to search for his cloths in the hamper.

"Why aren't you wet if you just got out of the shower," the girl asked suspicious of his story. He paused and looked up at her. This girl was smart.

"Well, I actually have been out for some time. I was just embarrassed as I'm sure you can imagine to come all the way down here wearing only my birthday suit," he said then restarted his search. He found a pair of pants and put them on was quickly as he could but he wasn't quick enjoy. For the elderly woman fainted.

"Hurry take her to the study. I'll get the smelling salts," his father commanded with a glare at him. The girl lingered behind a little trying to look shocked and slightly frozen in place. As the other left she was animated yet again.

"Not bad," she said with a wink before walking off. He ran out the door and waved hugely.

"We should do this again!" he called to her. He hadn't noticed a maid he was standing there. She gave him an odd look and he rubbed the back of his head laughing nervously.

(Ayushi: So review and tell me what you think

Shigure: I would love it if you would.

Ayushi: I would love it if you didn't anything

Hatori: Are you speaking to the readers or Shigure?

Ayame: Isn't that cute Ayushi has a crush on GURE!!!!

Shigure: Is that true?

Ayushi: Do not

Shigure: Too bad

Ayushi: *blushes* WHAT?!?!?!

Shigure: Nothing at all

Ayushi: *looks embarrassed and confused* Alright well I'll update soon. If I got some reviews!)