Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ To be Forgotten ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket. I would be satisfied if Takaya-sensei would give me Yuki!

To Be Forgotten by Yasu-san

Chapter 8

Akito had brought Tohru to the main house not all too gently. He had grabbed a fist full of her hair and had half dragged her all the way. (A/N: They used the back streets so they wouldn’t been seen.) During all this Tohru wasn’t sure what to do. She had already given herself away when Akito had found her at Yuki’s house. How did Akito know she was back? She knew that Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure wouldn’t tell Akito that she was back. She also knew that no other Jyuunishi member would…well, she didn’t really know Kureno or Rin but she was pretty sure that they didn’t do anything. Had it been when she visited Kyo?

‘The light. It must have been Akito! (A/N: She’s not that slow anymore!) He must have seen us. Does that mean he has Yuki?! I hope Yuki is alright.’ Tohru thought as she was dragged away.

Upon arrival Akito walked into the main building and dragged Tohru in after him into the dark room where he held all his meetings.

He dumped Tohru on the kneeling mat and strode over to the other side of the room. Tohru sat there, her legs tucked under her and her head down, her whole body screaming forgiveness.

“Akito-” Tohru started to apologize when she was cut off.

“Did I tell you to speak?!” Akito spun around his face contorted in rage. His was spinning due to the sudden movement but he wouldn’t allow it to show. He was the God of the Jyuunishi. He had to remain strong or at least look it.

“No-” Tohru started again.

“Shut up! I can’t stand the voice of you.” Akito turned around again. ‘Curse this spinning room.’ His body was yet again failing him when he needed to instill fear the most.

Akito slowly tuned back around to face Tohru. He walked a few paces towards her and stopped mere inches from her. He bent down a little and spoke.

“You have been testing my patience ever since you saw what that bakemono really looks like.” Akito straightened up. “Stop taking my Jyuunishi away!” Akito’s voice grew louder at each word. He was at his maximum rage. Nobody took his Jyuunishi away from him! Nobody! Akito felt a sharp pain run through his body but he ignored it.

“You will pay for even looking at my Jyuunishi!” Akito then proceeded to throw punches and kicks at Tohru. He body went limp in a few seconds.

* * * * * * * *

Yuki sprinted to the main house. He didn’t even notice that his chest was constricting, and he was having trouble breathing. He only had one thing in mind.

‘I have to get to Honda-san!’

Yuki thrust open the gate and raced into the compound. He finally slowed down once he was a few meters from the doors to the building that Akito was in. That’s when he realized how much he couldn’t breathe. ‘I…have to…get to…Honda-san!…Damn these lungs of mine!’ Once Yuki’s breathing got to almost normal he stopped and thought.

‘What am I going to do now? I wasn’t thinking. If I go in there Akito will know that I knew that Honda-san was back. But if I don’t go in there she may be in trouble. I have to help her but I don’t want to put her in danger.’ Yuki’s thoughts raced around with different possibilities. He settled on one. He had to keep Honda-san safe. But he couldn’t do it alone.

Yuki sprinted towards another building. A certain building that had bars over the windows. He ran over to Kyo’s confinement building.

“Kyo!” Yuki called out. Kyo’s head looked through the bars.

“What?” He asked. Why was Yuki here. And out of breathe.

“Honda-san…is in trouble…we have to help her!” Yuki gasped out. His lungs were getting very tired but he had to keep pushing. Yuki looked at the building while Kyo processed all this. Tohru was in trouble? What happened?

“What happened?” Kyo asked.

“Akito found out…she was living with me…and that she remembered.” Yuki walked towards the door to the building. ‘How to get him out?’ Yuki thought.

“Well we need to go! Who knows what Akito’s doing to her?!” Kyo said. Why was the Rat standing there?

“I know. But you’re kind of stuck in there.” Yuki stated. Kyo blinked. Then realized that he was in confinement. With all the quick happenings he had forgotten that he couldn’t get out. Yuki looked at the door. Apparently it was a technical lock. You had to press in a code of numbers to unlock the door.

“It’s a coded lock.” Yuki said.

Kyo thought he had heard the door being opened so many times. Could that be it?

“I think I know the sequence.” Kyo said.

“What?” Yuki whirled around to look at him.

“I’ve heard it so many times. When you press a button it makes a certain sound. Like when you type in a telephone number. Each key has a different sound. It should be 2-2-5-3-6-6-6-6.” Kyo said.

Yuki went to the door and typed in the number sequence. The light on the panel turned green and an audible ‘click’ was heard. Yuki pulled the door and it opened. Yuki looked at Kyo through the door and Kyo looked back. He was free!

Kyo ran out as if the door would close in a few seconds and looked at it from the outside. He was outside. Free! Yuki interrupted his thoughts of freedom.

“How did you know the number sequence?” Yuki asked.

“Kyo looked at him. I’ve heard it so many times and when you think of a telephone the numbers 2-2-5-3-6-6-6-6 spell out b-a-k-e-m-o-n-o, bakemono. I remember seeing the door when I was first confined the numbers were arranged just like a telephone. 1 through 9, 3 columns by 3 rows, with 0 in the middle of the 4th row. “ Kyo explained.

Yuki stared at him. It did make sense but the word was so obvious. Akito was smarter than that. Unless he thought it was so obvious that know one would try that. Man that could go either way. The word was good to use because it was so obvious no one would think that was it or it was bad because it was so obvious. But that’s another matter. They had to save Honda-san.

Both raced across the main lawn and darted up to the doors of the main house. They sprinted down the hall. There was no one there.

“Why is it so empty?” Kyo asked while they turned a corner and continued to run to a room that they both hated.

“Akito probably ordered it to be clear so he could deal with Tohru.” Yuki said. After this they stayed quiet until they got to the room that definitely held Tohru and Akito. Both guys stopped in front of the door and heard crashes and thudding coming from within. They opened the door so quickly it was torn from the frame and laid against the opposite wall.

Hearing this Akito stopped in mid air. He was half way to throwing a vase (A/N: an expensive one at that.) at Tohru’s limp form. Yuki and Kyo stood frozen to the floor. They saw Tohru’s body. Her body that was broken and bloody lying on the floor. She wasn’t moving. After this moment of shock Akito spoke.

“You bitch.” Akito said to Tohru, “You think your knights in shining armor have come to rescue you. They can’t defy me! I’m their God!” He turned his icy gaze at the two of them. “What are you doing out of your cage!” He screamed. He just realized that Kyo wasn’t where he should have been.

“Stopping you.” Kyo said and lunged at Akito at the same time as Yuki. But when they were about to reach him they defied the laws of physics. As a projectile they flew a parabolic-like shape only to fall a straight line to the ground where they were a few feet from Akito. Laying there, they heard Akito laughing from above. An evil maniacal laugh.

“You think you can go against me?! Weren’t you listening to what I just said?!! I am God! NONE OF YOU CAN GO AGAINST ME! WITH OUT ME YOU WOULD ALL BE DEAD!!!” Akito screamed this and walked over to Tohru. He grabbed a fist full of her hair and pulled her so she was level with his face. He was so full of rage that he didn’t notice the pain that would have knocked anyone else down if they weren’t on a high like him that was coursing through his whole body.

“JUST TRY AND DO IT!!! I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY!!! JUST TRY AND REACH OUT TO MY JYUUNISHI!!!!” While Akito was yelling at Tohru; Yuki and Kyo had gotten off the floor. They were trying to walk, run, crawl, do anything to get to Tohru but an invisible force was pulling them back. A voice was ringing in their head that penetrated their entire being. “Don’t betray Akito” It said over and over again.

‘I…have to…protect Honda-san…!’ Yuki thought. “Don’t betray Akito” It whispered wickedly. ‘I can’t lose her…….not again…!’ Yuki could feel his body almost literally ripped in two. He felt his body move closer to Tohru but his spirit stayed back. “Don’t betray Akito…Don’t betray Akito! DON’T BETRAY AKITO!…NO!” And Yuki lunged forward.

Kyo saw Yuki lunge and pushed as hard as he could against the invisible force. ‘Let me go! Tohru is in danger!… I have to save her…!’ Kyo thought. The evil words came back. “Don’t betray Akito…Don’t betray Akito…Don’t betray Akito! Don’t break free! NO!…” And Kyo was freed from the invisible force. Yuki and Kyo ran over to Tohru and Akito. Yuki upper-cutted Akito in the jaw. Akito let go of Tohru and Kyo caught her.

Akito looked at them. His lip was bleeding. He then realized the pain that had become overwhelming and he clutched at his head.

“NO!!!…IT CAN’T HAPPEN!!! YOU BETRAYED ME!!!” Then Akito felt something leave him. It was as if his life force had evaporated from him. “NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He screamed and looked at Yuki with…was that fear? He then slumped and lay motionless. A few seconds passed when it happened.

Yuki and Kyo were thrown to the floor. They were brought to their knees with the backs bent and their heads down. Then their chests were lifted towards the ceiling and their heads thrown back. They looked like they should have fallen over but something was holding them up. A thin mist left from the chest right where their heart was. The mist was of a Cat and a Rat. The mist rose until it was at the ceiling and then disappeared. What had been holding them released them and they slumped to their knees and using the floor to support them. Yuki looked at Kyo and his eyes widened. His mouth tried to form words but he was at a lost.

Kyo looked at him. “What?” He asked. They had saved Tohru. Everything was fine.

“You’re not transforming.” Yuki said. Kyo looked down. He had Tohru pressed protectively to his chest. And nothing was happening. He looked at Yuki and they both smiled. The curse was gone! Then they noticed Akito. He wasn’t moving. Yuki went over to him while Kyo checked Tohru over. She was still breathing but her body was covered with blood and glass. Kyo cleared the glass off her and just looked at her.

Yuki pressed two fingers to Akito’s neck. There was no pulse. Yuki stepped away. He turned back to Kyo. Tohru seemed to be breathing.

“He’s dead.” Yuki said in a low voice. Kyo looked up at him. Then they heard voices and hurried footsteps approaching.

“Yuki, Kyo?!” A worried voice called out.

* * * * * * * *

Yuki and Kyo sat on the porch with Shigure and Hatori looking out over the garden. When all the commotion in the room had ended Hatori had rushed over to the room and Shigure had come over. Hatori had cleaned off Tohru and she was resting in another room.

Shigure let out a stream of smoke. “So. The curse is broken.” Shigure stated.

“But how?” Kyo asked. He was happy. Very happy. He didn’t need to be confined any more.

“My guess was that it was you and Yuki.” Hatori said taking a drag of his cigarette. “You both cared for Honda-san so much that the curse couldn’t keep you two from her and in doing so it was destroyed. The other Jyuunishi were released from it just before you reached Honda-san so it could use the most power to stop you. But you broke through it and it disappeared.” Hatori said.

Silence greeted this statement. Akito was dead and the curse was gone. What was to come next? Yuki rose and went inside.

“I suppose he’s going to see her.” Shigure said.

“It would appear so.” Hatori agreed. Kyo stayed silent. He had realized how much she was to Yuki. He was probably going to confess his feelings for her now that he could. And Kyo was going to let him. He was free and Tohru was safe. That’s all he needed.

* * * * * * * *

Yuki crossed the room and stood next to the bed. He looked down at her. She seemed so peaceful when she slept. Luckily she was fine aside from a few scratches and bruises. She didn’t even have a concussion. She was just tired. He pulled a chair over and sat down next to her. He took her hand and stroked the back of it with his thumb. She smiled and Yuki started. She opened her eyes and turned her head towards Yuki.

“I’m sorry. Did I wake you?” He asked.

“No.” She said. Her voice was small and sounded like she hadn’t slept for years.

“I need to tell you something.” He said. This was it. The moment that depended entirely on her.

“When your memory was erased… It was because Akito found out that I loved you. He didn’t want you take my from him so he had you taken out of the picture. I’m sorry it happened but I’m not sorry for loving you. I love you, Tohru.” He said.

She smiled. He said her first name. And a warm feeling spread through her body giving her strength. She realized it was love. That same that had kept coming back to her while she was with Yuki, It was love. She lifted her head and brought it closer to Yuki’s. He did the same.

“I love you too.” She said. They were so close. Mere inches from each other. Then Yuki closed the gap and kissed her. It sent warmth coursing through both their bodies and they wrapped their arms around each other, supporting each other, and basking in each others presence.

* * * * * * * *




Chapter 7 Author’s note:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am so happy! Thank you MeiLei378! Now I know what alert means and thank you for all those who have me on alert! I can’t even describe how happy I am! When I looked in my inbox I had so many reviews and I had only posted the latest chapter 1 day ago! Thank you all so much! I’m so happy and grateful! If you need a pick-me-up just write a story and then look at all the reviews you’ll get! Ah I’m so happy! Okay you’re all probably tired of hearing me say that…sorry…*sweat drop*. Oh, I’m sorry but I didn’t really understand your review Zagmerth…*sweat drop* and thanks MeiLei378 you like this story so much that you reviewed twice! *dances* Thank you all! Okay that’s done with. This chapter really wasn’t all that hard to write. In like, 10 minutes I had written 3 pages! I was so surprised too! I’m happy that this chapter didn’t take very long. I feel absolutely horrible for making you guys wait for so long! Please forgive me. *bows* I will try to get the updates out sooner though. I hope you all don’t hate me! If you haven’t noticed this story is a Yuki/Tohru fic. I love that pairing! This chapter did seem a little rushed to me. Maybe it’s just because as I read through it I knew what was going to happen next *sweat drop* Well. If you have any comments please review, you don’t have to though. I don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want to do! Well that ends this chapter! Thank you all who read this fic and Stay Happy!

Yasu-san


Chapter 8 Author’s note:

I am so sorry! I tried to get 7 out for 3 days but the stupid document manager wouldn’t let me upload it until I made a text file! I don’t know why but it wouldn’t work any other way! I had cut out the author’s note before I saved it as a text file and never put it back in *sweat drop* and now I’m too afraid to remove the chapter 7 to edit it! I’m sorry this came out so late. I had no motivation what so ever to sit down and type the rest. I had it all planned in my mind I was just not in the mood to type. But I forced myself to sit down and write it for all of you! Yay! Well now it’s done. *sniff* It’s kind of sad. I’ve been doing this fic for some time and I’ve always been thinking about it when I’m bored. I know a lot of people have fics that have been going on for years and this is just a few months but I guess it’s a personal thing. I don’t know if this is how I should end it. My sister said it’s fine but I’m not sure if I should do an epilogue or a sequel to this. I may do the sequel if I think of a good plot. Review what you think. If want to review though. I don’t want to push you to do something you don’t want to! Like when people order you to review, I really don’t like that. But that’s me. Well I hoped you all enjoyed reading this fic as much as I enjoyed writing it. Good bye and Stay Happy!

Yasu