Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ To be Forgotten ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket…so sad!

To Be Forgotten by Yasu-san

Chapter 7

Out of habit Tohru got up at 7:00. She wondered when Yuki would get up. She thought he would still get up late and was unsure when to start making breakfast. She decided that she should wait some and got dressed.

She wore a dark green top and flared blue jeans. Tohru wandered into the living room and looked around. It didn’t look like Yuki was in his house often. Or at least this room. There was a couch, a table and a lamp and nothing else. Tohru wondered what Yuki did for a living. He never did say. She hadn’t seen the entire house so she decided to take a little tour of her own. She went from the living down a hallway at the back of the room. She noticed that there really weren’t that many rooms.

‘I think back in the USA my place there is larger than this house. But it’s not cramped…it’s…cozy? Yes. That’s the word.’ Tohru smiled as she familiarized the layout of the house in her head. She also noted on where Yuki put his house items. Like where he put towels, medicine, the few pots he owned…

‘Maybe I should start making breakfast…’ Tohru thought. She decided she would. She ventured into the kitchen and started the water boiling for tea and the rice cooker.

By the time she finished with all the food and set it on the low table Yuki had woken up.

“Ohayo gozaimasu Yuki-kun.” Tohru cheerfully greeted Yuki. Yuki smiled. This scene was so familiar to him. Him waking up late (A/N: You got up pretty early today Yuki it’s just past 8:00!), Tohru having breakfast ready with a warm smile on.

“Ohayo.” Yuki rubbed his eyes and sat down at the table. Once they had started eating Tohru decided to ask the question she had been wondering about before.

“Ano, Yuki-kun? What do you do? Working I mean.”

“I never told you? I’m a computer consultant. I help clients with computers. I basically help them figure out how to work the software that‘s sold to them. I can work at my house, at the central building, or sometimes I go across Japan to different cities.”

“Oh. That’s sounds exciting! You get to travel across Japan!”

“Yes. But it can be tiresome.”

“Well, all jobs are. But that’s okay. People go to work because that’s life. You help out the community that you live in.” Tohru said. (A/N: So optimistic.) “But you said that you can work at your house. Is that what you’ve been doing?”

“Yes actually. Though today I need to go to the building I work at. I left some research there that I need. It shouldn’t take that much time.” Yuki said. He didn’t mention that it was actually his day off and he didn’t have to work. He wanted to spend time with Tohru but he also wanted a head start to familiarize himself with a new program that was just created.

“Oh, that’s alright. Take as much time as you need.” Tohru said thoughtfully. She could further investigate the house while he was gone and do the dishes. Both stood up and Yuki went out of the house while Tohru started to clear the table and do the dishes.

* * * * * * * *

“It looks like it’s going to be a nice day today.” Yuki commented as he walked down the street towards the building he worked at.

Once he arrived at the building he walked through the glass doors and took the elevator to the 3rd floor where he worked.

Yuki stepped out of the elevator and started walking down the hallway when he heard his name being called.

“Oi, Sohma-kun.” Yuki turned around while a man walked up to him. “Hey, it’s your day off. What are you doing here?” The man asked.

“It may be my day off but I had planned to get a little head start at home. I left some research here so I came by to pick it up.” Yuki explained.

“Sohma-kun, Sohma-kun. You always over work yourself. It’s your day off! Relax and don’t worry about work.” The man advised while slinging an arm around Yuki’s shoulders.

“If you ask me, you relax a little too much, Shinji-san. Now get off me.” Yuki ducked under the arm around him.

“And if you ask me, you don’t relax enough. Take today for instance. What do you do on your day off? You work at home. Go out to the park and walk around, pick up a girl, take her to your house-” Shinji started to say until Yuki cut him off.

“There’s already a woman at my house-.” Yuki started to say but didn’t catch himself until it was too late. I’m mean…um…it‘s not what it sounds like… she’s just a friend!” Yuki started to blush.

“Aww. Sohma-kun got a girl.” Shinji started smiling mischievously.

“No! She’s just a friend from back in high school.” Yuki’s blush started to get redder.

“Yea right. You love her don’t you?” Shinji asked.

“No! Well…I don’t think so…” Yuki said the last part quietly but Shinji still heard it.

“Okay. We’ll solve this. Imagine she’s standing right in front of you. Hair blowing in the wind, smiling, laughing and all that. Does your heart jump, or stomach flutters, or you feel all warm inside?” Shinji asked.

“Yes.” Yuki said. He could imagine it perfectly. Tohru standing right in front of him, laughing, smiling, her brown hair blowing in the wind while the yellow ribbons he gave here danced around, making her look so small and framing her face.

“Sohma-kun’s in love. So sweet!” Shinji pretended to cry with a water fall of tears falling. “So what does she look like? What’s her name? Is she hot?”

“What?! Honda-san’s not hot! Well…I mean she looks nice…she looks more than nice…she’s beautiful…but…um…” Yuki didn’t know what to say. They had been friends for so long. How could he just start to like her now?

“Relax. I was just messing with you. You don’t have to get all flustered about it.” Shinji laughed. He loved messing with Yuki. “So, Honda-san. What’s her first name?”

“I’m not flustered. Her name’s Tohru Honda.” Yuki said.

“Tohru…I like that name for a girl.” Shinji said. “With a name like Tohru she must be athletic, right? Ha. Muscular legs, strong arms, in shorts and a tank top…” Shinji started to name off other perverted features of the image he was creating in his mind.

“What?! No! She doesn’t wear shorts! She hardly ever wears pants! She usually wears skirts…long skirts.” Yuki said.

“Aww. You just destroyed the picture I had in my head.”

“I need to get that research.” Yuki pushed passed Shinji and went into his cubicle. Before he went in he heard Shinji start to talk.

“If you’re serious about her, tell her. How you feel. You deserve it Sohma-kun.” Yuki looked back but Shinji had already started to walk away and down the hall before he turned and disappeared. Yuki turned back to his small space and picked up what he had come for.

Yuki walked out of the building and thought about the conversation he had with Shinji. He was still blushing a little but he couldn’t keep it out of his mind. Did he really love Tohru? I do feel warm when ever she’s around. And I was jealous when she held Kyo’s hand. But why? How am I just noticing that I love her? I just remembered her? How can I love her so suddenly? Unless I loved her when our memories were erased of each other…no, that can’t be…can it? Yuki searched through all his newly recovered memories. Had he loved Tohru before? He tried to remember. Going to school with her, the hot spring, the summer house-! Yuki remembered. The summer before 3rd year. I kissed her! I did love her. Yuki remembered the old feelings he had forgotten. How could he forget that? And why didn’t he remember sooner? Did she like me back? Is that why Akito erased our memories? Because we both loved each other. He wouldn’t allow it. I’m the Rat. He wouldn’t allow his “precious Rat” to be with anybody else. So he erased our memories…and our love. With that thought Yuki hurried home. He had to see if Tohru really loved him, past and present.

* * * * * * * *

Tohru finished washing the dishes and had set them in the rack to dry.

“Well, that’s done.” Tohru put down the sponge and wandered back into the living room. She went down the hall and looked in the closet. She took out a duster and started to dust the living room. She didn’t want to seem like she found his house too dirty for her. He was busy with work and such. He probably didn’t have much time on his hands. And she didn’t think the dust was helping with his weak lungs. Once she finished dusting the living room she went through the whole house with it. She paused in front of his bedroom. Would it be imposing to go in there? She had done it before when they were in high school, but they were adults now! Tohru sighed and went in. She wouldn’t look around just dust off the surfaces and leave quickly.

Tohru stepped into the room and stated dusting off his desk that held his computer. She was a little surprised. Before he had lived with Shigure he was sort of a “pack-rat” but it seemed that he was pretty organized now. Everything seemed to be in its place. She had just finished dusting off the keyboard when she heard the front door open.

“Oh! Yuki-kun! Okiri! I was just finishing dusting. I hope you don’t mind that I went into you room.” Tohru said, sweat dropping a little. Tohru stopped dusting.

“Yuki-kun?”

“Hello Honda-san.” Tohru froze and a shiver crawled down her spine. Yuki hadn’t come into the house.

* * * * * * * *

“Hatori.” Hatori answered the phone.

“Now now Haa-san. That’s no way to answer the phone. You sound all too dreary and unwelcoming.” Shigure reprimanded the doctor.

“You’re not welcome. I’m hanging up.” Hatori said.

“Wait Haa-san! I called for reason!” Shigure pleaded.

“Idiot. What do you want?” Hatori said with out emotion.

“So cruel! I called to tell you that Tohru-kun was back.” Shigure said.

“I know. Hatsuharu saw her the other day. I told him to ignore her and to not tell the others. Did he tell you?”

“No. I mean she’s back. She remembers us.” Shigure said flatly.

Hatori sat there. How could she remember them? How did Shigure know? “How do you know? How did her memories come back?” Hatori questioned. ‘He better not be joking.’ Hatori thought. “If you’re playing a cruel joke I will give you a thorough examine in front of your whole publishing industry.”

“Haa-san! That’s not funny!” Shigure cried with a water fall of tears running down his face. “And no I’m not joking. Apparently Tohru-kun had come back to go to her high school reunion and Yuki was there. When they met her memories returned. I know because Yuki and she had come to my house and told me.” Shigure answered.

“Does Yuki remember?” Hatori asked. He still felt guilty, not that he would show this. He hadn’t wanted to erase Tohru’s memories but when he had to erase Yuki’s it tore him apart. He had destroyed the love that they had for each other. Yuki had fallen deathly ill because of what he had done. Akito hadn’t calculated that and Hatori ended up erasing Yuki’s memories of Tohru.

“Eventually he did remember. I’m not sure they remember what they had between them, though.” Shigure said.

“What do you mean ‘eventually’? You helped him remember didn’t you?” Hatori asked.

“Just a little. It was mainly Tohru-kun though. I showed him everything I had that could jog his memory but he didn’t recall her until she put on the yellow ribbons that he had given to her as a White Day present.” Shigure explained. He heard a knocking at his door. “Ah! It appears I have a visitor. I’ll have to call you back Haa-san.”

“Fine.” And Hatori hung up.

“Shigure set the phone back in its cradle. “That’s some way of ending a conversation Haa-san.” Shigure noted. The knocking on the door turned heavier and sounded like the person there was becoming impatient.

“Yes, yes. I’m coming.” Shigure opened the door.

“Ah Akito-san! What brings you here?”

Akito pushed past Shigure and went into the house. He went into the kitchen and then into the living room leaving Shigure standing in the hall. ‘It would seem that our ‘God’ is none too pleased today.’ Shigure thought.

Akito walked back into the hall way. “Where is she?” he demanded, his eyes burning with a cold rage.

“Now if you could be a little more specific about the ‘she’-” Shigure started to say when Akito cut him off.

“That Honda girl. Who else would I be taking about? Where is she?!” Akito’s agitation seemed to be growing every second.

“Have you forgotten my dear Akito? It would seem that Tohru-kun had died 10 years ago in a plane crash on her way to America.” Shigure said his face a mask empty of emotion.

“You know very well that that was a lie!” Akito spat out. “Where is she?!” Akito started to approach Shigure in a murderous fashion. “You best tell me what I want damn mutt!”

“I have told you all I know my dear Akito.” Shigure said with out moving as Akito advanced toward him. He had to protect Tohru even if he was hurt in the process. He didn’t like to have others hurt unless it was absolutely necessary to achieve an outcome he had planned.

Akito stared into the dark recess of Shigure’s eyes. If Shigure wouldn’t tell him he would find out on his own means.

“Where is Yuki?” Akito asked calmly.

“Probably at the building where he works at or at his house. I wouldn’t bother him though. He’s probably very tired from work.” Shigure said. He had to lead Akito away from Yuki.

Akito stared at him.

“You will pay for not cooperating with me.” With that Akito walked out of the house and down the long driveway.

Shigure sighed. ‘I hope you’re all right Tohru-kun.’ Shigure thought.

* * * * * * * *

Akito walked down the back streets toward his destination. The girl would pay. He would make sure of that.

Akito walked up to Yuki’s door and opened it with a key of his own. (A/N: How did you get a key to Yuki’s house?…That’s creepy.) He opened the door and entered the quiet house.

“Oh! Yuki-kun! Okiri! I was just finishing dusting. I hope you don’t mind that I went into you room.” A voice was heard from the depths of the house. Her voice.

Silence.

“Yuki-kun?”

“H ello Honda-san.” A malicious smile slowly crept on Akito’s face.

* * * * * * * *

Yuki sprinted the last 100 meters to his house. ‘Honda-san. I have to know.’ Yuki kept thinking.

He opened the door and was slightly confused that it was open. He thought he had locked it this morning. Yuki shrugged it off and entered the house. It was quiet.

“Honda-san!” Yuki called out. “I need to tell you something.” Yuki walked through the house but he didn’t find any evidence that Tohru was there.

“Honda-san?” Yuki was baffled now. Tohru wouldn’t leave the house with out telling him first. He looked around for a note that she might have left but he found none.

‘Something’s not right.’ Yuki thought and ran out heading for the main house.

* * * * * * * *





THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am so happy! Thank you MeiLei378! Now I know what alert means and thank you for all those who have me on alert! I can’t even describe how happy I am! When I looked in my inbox I had so many reviews and I had only posted the latest chapter 1 day ago! Thank you all so much! I’m so happy and grateful! If you need a pick-me-up just write a story and then look at all the reviews you’ll get! Ah I’m so happy! Okay you’re all probably tired of hearing me say that…sorry…*sweat drop*. Oh, I’m sorry but I didn’t really understand your review Zagmerth…*sweat drop* and thanks MeiLei378 you like this story so much that you reviewed twice! *dances* Thank you all! Okay that’s done with. This chapter really wasn’t all that hard to write. In like, 10 minutes I had written 3 pages! I was so surprised too! I’m happy that this chapter didn’t take very long. I feel absolutely horrible for making you guys wait for so long! Please forgive me. *bows* I will try to get the updates out sooner though. I hope you all don’t hate me! If you haven’t noticed this story is a Yuki/Tohru fic. I love that pairing! This chapter did seem a little rushed to me. Maybe it’s just because as I read through it I knew what was going to happen next *sweat drop* Well. If you have any comments please review, you don’t have to though. I don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want to do! Well that ends this chapter! Thank you all who read this fic and Stay Happy!

Yasu-san