Full Moon Wo Sagashite Fan Fiction ❯ Incarnate ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
She pulled away slightly to look at him.
“Ever since you were two?”
He shook his head up and down, “Yes. I was watching a televised live concert on the TV and saw you perform. It was your first time onstage, and you left such an impression on me that I couldn't get you off my mind.”
She took a deep breath, “How old are you now?”
He touched her face, “I'm six.”
She didn't know what to say. All she wanted was to stay in his arms.
He choked on the next sentence, “If you…loved me, do you think it would be because I remind you of your past love?”
Trembling, she tried to avoid the question, “Would you…tell me how you knew my real name?”
He shook his head, “I don't know....I've always known it. It might sound odd, but that's my only explanation.”
They looked at each other for a moment before he spoke again.
Can I kiss you...as proof that we met in real life?”
Her head began spinning.
“...Eichi...”
Slowly, he leaned in for the kiss, waiting to see if she would pull away. If she did, he would stop and walk out to save her any more hurt. All she did was cry while talking about her Eichi, while he stood there and wanted to offer her solace in him. But, he didn't want to comfort her as her past boyfriend. Instead he wanted to do it as he was now.
Mitsuki didn't move a muscle as his lips moved toward her own. Forgetting his age, she looked into his eyes and saw how serious he was and how much longing he held inside. Was this really a six-year old? He seemed to act like he was much older. Fear didn't enter her heart at all. Even though he looked so much like her past Eichi, he seemed so different. Was she really going to let a six year old kiss her?
The answer came in the form of the door opening. Neither of them released their hold on each other as they turned to see the intruder who destroyed their moment.
“Takuto!”
She had completely forgotten about him! The look on his face was enough to tell her to let go of the boy. She did, hastily, almost pushing him to the floor.
Takuto did little to understand the situation, “What is going on here?”
She stood up to say something, but Takuto threw out his own ideas. His eyes remained fixated on her.
“Were you trying to kiss a child, Mitsuki?”
“Wait, Takuto…it's not what you think…I…”
As unable as she was to come up with an answer, she didn't want Takuto to think that she was some child pervert. But, that's exactly what he said she was.
“You prefer to molest children, Mitsuki?”
Mitsuki widened her eyes at him. This was the first time he was calling someone else a child besides her. But, wasn't he accusing her of child molestation? Is that what she was doing?
She stood up, shaking, “Nonsense! Do you even know what you're talking about, Takuto?”
He stood balling his hands into a fist, “I'm asking you, were you going to let him kiss you? If I hadn't come in, what do you think would have happened, Mitsuki? Were you going to kiss him, just because he looks like a dead man?”
She didn't like how he had to remind her that Eichi was dead.
Turning her back to him, she crossed her arms and coldly ordered, “Please leave, Takuto. I won't argue in front of an audience, so I'll see you outside in a few minutes.”
Takuto fumed, “Why I can do better than that! I'll leave forever! Stay with your `MAN,' if you want. You won't see me again!”
Whirling around to face him, she cried out, “Stupid Takuto! You could never understand because you got everything back that you lost! Your band, your music, your friends, and your life! I didn't get anything! I lost everyone who ever meant anything to me and now you want to leave me, too?”
Stunned, he stood there speechless. Eichi finally spoke.
“Mr. Takuto, you overheard everything? Is that why you're so upset? I want to tell you that I meant every word and I'm serious about this. So, please don't punish her for my feelings.”
Takuto didn't know whether to punch him or laugh at him. So, he did the only other thing, which was to force him to face reality.
“Little boy, you are a child. You will never be a man in her eyes.”
Turning red, Eichi shook with anger. The tense mood only worsened at his words.
“Mr. Takuto, I love Mitsuki! I'll grow up and become a man that she will love more than anyone else! More than her past boyfriend! And much more than you!”
Eichi's finger pointed at Takuto, as his small frame stood in front of Mitsuki, ready to take any blows for her.