Full Moon Wo Sagashite Fan Fiction ❯ To Be Loved ❯ A Splitting Image ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Full Moon Wo Sagashite
 
To Be Loved...
 
..:: midnite-azn::..
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
Author's Note: I am back...Muahahahahaha...cough cough...I try to update as soon as I finish the next chapter...but I'm too much of a lazy ass to update sometimes. But Ta-da I have it!!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Full Moon Wo Sagashite...I'm saving up...So far I've got $1.55...not much to go...only a couple more thousands of dollars...
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
A Splitting Image
 
“What are you doing here?!?!?!” Meroko asked in disbelief as she walked into the room.
 
Takuto's head jerked up and he immediately smiled warmly when he saw Meroko.
 
“Waiting for you...isn't that what you want?”
 
Meroko's heart started to beat faster and faster the moment she looked into those cerulean blue eyes.
 
“Yes...I do...but what about-“Meroko looked away, obviously confused.
 
“Who really gives about her, she was never as fun as you were.” Takuto pulled her into a tight embrace. Meroko's eyes went wide and she started to tremble in skepticism and a feeling of yearning. She didn't know whether to stay in his arms forever or push him away.
 
“You're not him...” Meroko tried to push him away, but his grip was too strong, and so she started to hammer at his chest.
 
“Of course I am Takuto Kira, remember me? You've always wanted me, haven't you?” Takuto smirked at her. Meroko nodded feebly.
 
“Then why don't you want me now?” That question struck Meroko.
 
Why didn't she want him? She always, deep in her heart loved him, didn't she?
 
Meroko paused for a moment. When she looked him back in the eye she replied coolly.
 
“Because, you're not the true Takuto I know. The real Takuto wouldn't give up on Mitsuki so easily.
 
Takuto sighed, “Maybe this will convince you.”
 
And with that, he kissed her deeply.
 
Meroko froze, he was a good kisser...those eyes...that body...that....wait!! She was supposed to push him away. Meroko focused all her attention on her arms so she could push him away before he engulfed her mind, but started to panic when she realised she couldn't move because Takuto had paralyzed her. Meroko stared at him helplessly while he explored the full extent of her mouth before he broke off the kiss.
 
“Well? Did you like it?” Takuto licked his lips. He was like a wolf, playing with his victim before he reached his true intentions.
 
He was terrifying, she just wanted to run and scream, but she couldn't. She was vulnerable, and she knew it.
 
`Play along with him...It'll all end soon.' A little voice at the back of her mind urged her.
 
Meroko didn't know what that meant, but decided that was the best thing she could do.
 
Meroko tried to smile, but she couldn't hide those cold eyes, which glistened with tears.
 
“Again?” She tried to bat her eyelashes at him seductively.
 
Takuto couldn't do anything but to kiss her again. This time, Takuto's tongue lashed at her tongue, and it hurt. She didn't know whether to listen to her conscience or to run and scream like she would have.
 
“When I think about you Meroko, I think” Takuto started in a silky tone before, literally spitting out the words, “BITCH!! SLUT!! WHORE!!”
 
Meroko screamed as a dagger pierced through her heart..
 
“You didn't really think that I loved you, did you bitch...? All those times, you just had to hurt Mitsuki didn't you? I know, she didn't have to tell me.
 
Laughing at her without a hint or regret, Takuto removed the dagger and left her to die.
 
“This is what I think of you,” Takuto spat at Meroko with disgust.
 
Meroko stared despondently at his and started to cry as the life ebbed out of her.
 
Meroko woke from her nightmare hyperventilating. She checked her body for any signs of injuries, but found none. Meroko wiped her brow in relief, she was sweating heavily. Her head throbbed. She knew why. She had collapsed because of him.
 
But what had caused it?
 
“Meroko, are you okay?” A deep, low sounding voice asked her, obviously concerned for her health.
 
“Yeah, I think so Mr. Hatsuura.”
 
“That's good...”
 
A finger tilted her head up. Meroko's eyes widened and started to scramble up from where she was standing.
 
Mr. Hatsuura was a splitting image of Takuto.
 
But would Takuto really do that?
 
“No...Not you...get away...now...” Meroko said in a threatening voice. She wasn't going to take any chances after that dream.
 
Mr. Hatsuura looked shocked. No one had ever said something like that to one of the Supremacies before. Then it clicked inside his head.
 
“Don't worry, I'm not Takuto...I know that you worked with him in the past, but I am Hatsuura...Mr. Hatsuura, and I am in fact Takuto's cousin, if that explains anything.” Hatsuura explained, but Meroko still didn't move.
 
He's trying to dupe me, so he can kill me... like what Takuto did....
 
“Can you please take off your shirt Mr. Hatsuura” Meroko commanded. Mr. Hatsuura gaped at her.
 
“No Meroko No...Just because I look like Takuto does not mean you get to do what you and him would...”
 
Meroko blushed faintly.
 
“No...I said take your shirt off...I need to check if you are really Takuto...Takuto has a scar on his back (A/N: I just made that up^^ ) , so to check, I need you to take your shirt off.” Meroko explained, turning redder and redder by the moment.
 
Now it was Mr. Hatsuura's turn to blush.
 
::{o0o}::
 
“Okay, so this is your assignment, you will start work, um...” Mr. Hatsuura flicked through the pages of the file briskly, “Next week! As most tenshii from our department do, they get background information by watching over their assignments a couple of days in advance. You should be notified of your partner at the end of this week. We have to shuffle around some of the difficult tenshii sometimes.”
 
Meroko shifted uneasily in her seat.
 
“Oh no, we never put difficult tenshii with newbies, don't worry, we always put the more experienced ones first.” Mr. Hatsuura assured her confidently,” but as you get more and more experienced, you may be paired up with the more difficult ones, if you know what I mean.” With that comment he winked at her slyly.
 
Meroko blushed, most likely the fifth time in that hour, especially after the shirt incident.
 
“Good luck with your first assignment.”
 
Meroko smiled as she received her new shiny pink file with a little rabbit on the cover.
 
::{o0o}::
 
Meroko flicked through her new file for the hundredth and fifth time in the evening.
 
“Abe, Hiromitsu,” she murmured, gazing at the picture at the side. A young, cheerful looking boy about 15 had some stray navy blue hair hanging over his amber orbs, which were transfixed on the camera.
 
He looks happy enough...
 
“D.O.B: 18th of May 1983...that makes him 20 this year (I set it in 2003...can't be that recent can it?? Does anyone know what year Full Moon was set?? I can't remember...::hits head:: ow...),” Meroko sipped her mocha milkshake daintily.
 
“-high school drop out, had an abusive family, drinking...on drugs...wow...poor guys had some major issues there. and now...Wow...”
 
He's a doctor...after all that, now there's inspiration...unlike me who just ended it...
 
“A successful doctor at Osaka National Hospital???”
 
The door opened and Chiharu stepped inside.
 
“Hi? What you got there?” Meroko asked, without looking up.
 
Chiharu blushed and pulled in a very handsome young tenshii.
 
“My partner, Ryo...um...you got your first assignment yet??” Chiharu said, in a lame attempt to change the subject.
 
“What's he doing here? And yes I got my first assignment.”
 
“Dropping me off, aren't you Ryo?” And with that, Chiharu kissed his cheek and bade him goodbye. Chiharu sighed and plopped herself beside Meroko, looking over Meroko's shoulder in a bid to peek at her friend's first assignment.
 
“Here,” Meroko shifted the file onto Chiharu's lap.
 
“The guy's pretty inspirational...” Chiharu commented while she flicked through the file.
 
“And lucky...got him landed in a 4 year relationship with a pretty girl too.”
 
Chiharu smiled at Meroko sympathetically.
 
“Your time will come...think about it...I waited 2 years for Ryo, you need to have patience.”
 
Meroko was taken aback.
 
“I didn't mean it in that sense.”
 
“Sure....”
 
::{o0o}::
 
 
Meroko watched happily at the pair. Hiromitsu and his girlfriend Kozue were snuggled up on the couch, gazing into each other's eyes lovingly.
 
He's so sweet...look at that, he's got a red rose for Kozue!! Aw...he's so romantic...unlike Takuto
 
Meroko smiled sadly as she realised that piece of her was still incomplete...love...to be loved...that was all she wanted.
 
“Hey...” A familiar voice spoke behind her.
 
Meroko smiled and turned around in recognition of the voice, and came face to face with Hatsuura Kira. Meroko blushed and turned away.
 
“Inspirational huh?”
 
“Y-yes, he is v-very inspirational. But, I don't see why he needs my protection or guidance.” Meroko stuttered, avoiding any eye contact with Hatsuura after that earlier `incident.'
 
Hatsuura smiled and leaned forward to whisper in her ear, “You'll soon find out.”
 
Meroko blushed madly as Hatsuura winked at her.
 
“Thanks...but really, will it be soon?”
 
“Hopefully.”
 
Meroko stared serenely at the couple. She started to get up, but a hand blocked her way.
 
“Um...Mr. Hatsuura...” Meroko pleaded he had heard her.
 
“Shhh..it's Hatsuura, just call me Hatsuura.”
 
Hatsuura placed a finger on her lips to hush her.
 
Meroko nodded obediently, before removing his finger.
 
“Um...Hatsuura, I need to go now...Your hand, can you move it?”
 
“No”
 
“What?”
 
Hatsuura looked her in the eye and replied boldly.
 
“Didn't you hear me? I said No”
 
“Why?”
 
Hatsuura's face softened.
 
“Because I was going to ask you to have coffee with me downtown.”
 
Meroko pursued her lips, contemplating the tempting offer.
 
“Okay, when?”
 
“Now”
 
Hatsuura got up and extended his arm.
 
“C'mon”
 
(yawn) I finish this at 6:40 in the morning...5 minutes before I have to go to school...aren't you proud?
 
Anyway, thank you to-
 
Squall's Scar Thank you for being my first reviewer AND my beta reader!!! You totally rock my socks!!
 
Meroki You are so not the guy at the back of the cinema... I don't think anyone who reviewed the last chapter actually got it ('cuz I'm evil and make up things as I go along... hehehe) but Takuto fits, `cuz it ish what Meroko saw, so your are REALLY close...
 
Neko-Metallium Creative penname... nup...her partner ish revealed in the next chappie, so stay tuned. Very close, but I think it (my plot) will be more complicated than that.
 
Blank hn... I don't really know who you are, but...I'M AUSSIE!! Part azn...so that proves I'm not exactly English... ish that a good thing? Thank you, next time you review (if you do) please tell me your e-mail, and then I can find out who you are!! The penname blank doesn't give much away...
 
Litto-gurL Yish (hehe...my new word!! ^___^ ) I take more than an hour sometimes, depending on my mood, but I tried, sorry for the huuuuuuuge delay (I made you wait...like... 1 and half months!!!)
 
I haven't started the 3rd chappie yet... stoopid homework... such a burden, but as soon as I finish, I shall post it!!!
 
Tenshii Wishes to all
 
..::midnite azn::..