Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Chrono Crusade Fan Fiction ❯ Another Chance ❯ Ch. 1 The Sorrow ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Declaimer: As much as I don't want to admit, I do not own Chrono Crusade. And I felt terribly sad when I wrote this chapter T.T .
 
I `m planning on rewriting the story, changing some of the plots and all. It's still the same story, but different.
**********************************
 
CHAPTER 1: The Sorrow
 
Chrono's POV
 
As I sat, her body clinging into mine, I felt tears staining onto my clothes and the pocket watch ticking consuming her time slowly. I embraced her lightly, feeling her cuddle between my arms. Oh God I love her so much it's criminal! I know I promised her… promised her that I will forever be with her, even if death tries to separate us… but... I'm sorry Rosette. I'm sorry I was a burden to you; if only you had not found me… you would have lived a long healthy normal life… without me taking away your future.
 
Moments later, I felt her shift a little so that her head is slightly facing the sun-setting horizon. I dare not to gaze at the sun, for it tells me the time she has left in this wretched world. But as I look away I could still feel it, her life draining. Warmth, that is all I could feel… the rays from the sun and… Rosette.
 
“Oh Chrono!” Rosette sobbed as she buried her head on my chest. “I don't want to die…” I resisted the urge to cry, but failed as fresh tears overflowed from my eyes. Oh God… Why! You have chosen her as Your own, yet you do not free her from our contract, why did you not let her have a second chance? Is it because she contracted with a devil, an enemy? Is that it!?
 
“I want to live… a little longer… is that so wrong?”
 
No Rosette, it's not. I wish I could just give you my life. You do not deserve death, you deserve something more, a life of your own without interference. I was about to speak, when Rosette pressed her warm lips against mine.
 
“Rosette” I mumbled against her lips, as I deepened the kiss. I felt her cup my chicks, as she withdraw and look deep within my crimson eyes with her cerulean once, and smiled a melancholy smile.
 
“Thank you.” She whispered, closing her eyes as she placed her head on my shoulder. I smiled sadly at her before closing my eyes.
 
Cold, feel cold. I opened my eyes slowly, and looked around. Night, it's night already? And then my mind clicked… Rosette! I looked at my left shoulder to see if she's asleep. I gazed at her face, so calm and content, I just want to kiss her, but resisted when I slightly glimpsed at the pocket watch, and then froze. Wha… no…no… it can't be, OH GOD ROSETTE! I held her firmly, burying my face at the crook of her neck, and cry. “You can't be dead.” I sobbed and hugged her tightly feeling her cold body. I look above the heavens; anger and despair clouded my eyes along with more tears, and shouted, “Is this Your way of punishing me!” I placed my head on hers, and sobbed as more tears burst in my eyes. Is this Your way of torturing me! You, a merciful God, why do you not show mercy towards me, an outcast, stripped from my rank, shunned by both my kind and the Humans, haunted by many excruciating memories. I cannot overcome this new pain you inflected upon me! Please, I beg You… at least give Rosette a second chance, take my soul if you must, just… give her a… second chance. I hiccupped; closing my eyes shut, though tears still fell freely, and seizes my breathing. I have no reason to be alive in this world, with that I let Rosette's head lay on my shoulder, I grabbed her hand and held it, and then lay my head on hers. I then seize my legions and respiratory systems. As darkness overshadow everything in my mind except one, a blissful memory of Rosette, a small smile crossed my face.
 
…Rosette we will be together I promise.
 
******************************
Ok, lemme have my little moment … wah! I shouldn't have wrote this chapter, even me, the author, cries over his/her own story… *sniff* anyway, like I said, I'll be changing the story plots, I'm currently re-writing chapter 2, I'm not even close to finish I keep on stopping mid sentence and say “Gah! I forgot what I was gonna write, aaahhh, I wanna hit someone!!!!” then stop writing and play games, or watch tv, or help my mom with outdoor chores, or work out (flex some muscles), or drawing and listening to music, etc. etc. well, I should stop talking. Any tell me what you think and pleeaase R&R.