Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Chrono Crusade Fan Fiction ❯ Another Chance ❯ Confession and Realization ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Declaimer: I do not own Chrono Crusade nor Fullmetal Alchemist. What a bummer....
____________________________________________________________ __________________

Chapter 2: Confession and Realization

New York Magdalene Order 1929

Azmaria's POV:

I sat at the office of my great Mother Superior, waiting patiently for any news or sign of our two most beloved members of the Order. (use common sense people) As expected, my patience grew thinner as minutes pass by, looking at Sister Kate who appears to be waiting patiently for something. I sighed, slightly irritated by the silence, that is untill a phone rang. I nearly jumped 10 feet off the floor.

"Hello? This is Sister Kate speaking" I recovered from my shock and stared at Sister Kate with a hopefull look. "What?" Sister Kate gasped, her terrified look migrated to mine, as I gave her the same look. I was scared, it must be rather important and shocking news to make the great sister gasped like she've seen a ghost, It didn't feel weird being scared. Sister Kate glanced at my direction and gave me a sad expression, as if someone have died.. wait, died. I gasped, knowing exactly what's happening and why Sister Kate looked at me like that. I couldn't help myself as I cry, the pounding within my chest grew as more tears flow. My tears blinded my vission as I struggled to wipe it off my eyes. I finally noticed that the whole room just grew quite, and I didn't noticed Sister Kate staring at me.

"I guess... the stranger found them" I wiped the last tears from my eyes as I glanced at Sister Kate who seemed calm, but I knew that deep within her she's crying. Sister Kate merely nodded. The eery silence grew heavier as the seconds turn into minutes, that is untill the Sister broke the chain of silence with her loud and violent cough. I immediatly stood and rush to her side, lightly pounding her back. The Sister hunched forward, trying to stop her violent cough. Suddenly, red liquid substance spurt from her mouth and I immediatly figured it was blood. I was shocked and scared at the same time, if she coughed up blood, does that mean she's been coughing violently before? How could we not have paid any close attention to Sister Kate's HEALTH! I mentally screamed in my head.

"Sister Kate..." I was about to ask, but the Sister held her hand to stop me and then sat straight and wipe the blood from her mouth with her white handerchief.

"I've had this sickness for over a year now, I never told anyone about this, not even our former Father Remington..." The Sister then gaze at me, silently telling her to not worry about her and that she will be fine. I nodded and stood infront of the Sister's work desk, she then continued, "I was able to suppress this by drinking tea for so long, no one really noticed. During the disapperance of Sister Rosette and the Devil Chrono, their disapperance stricken me with grief that I stop drinking tea. I believe it was my fault they disappeared and now that they're dead..." I gaze at the Sister with understanding eyes, that I too cried along with her. I never seen her like this, and now she's blaming herself for the death of the two. I always beleive that it was my fault, but now I understood that the fault was no one to take, but Aion. I slowly walk around the desk and to the weeping Sister, taking her hand and slightly squeeze it. She look up to me, face tear stricken, and then wiped her eyes with another clean handerchief. (don't ask how many she has) I then hugged her lightly and walked slowly to one of the couches. We said nothing to each other and enjoyed the silence that engulf the room, but the silence was once again broken by Sister Kate clearing her throat.

"Azmaria?' I turned to gaze at the Sister with curious eyes. "Would you please get Sister Anna, Sister Mary, and Sister Clare?" I nodded a yes and left the room to fetch the three unbreakable nuns.

I escorted the three sisters to our Mother Superior's office, opening the door for them as they entered silently; they then dressed, side by side, each other in front of the Sister's presence. I closed the door behind me and sit on the couch that Father Remington usually sat, I then turned my head to watch the four nuns talk.

"I summoned you three here to retrive Sister Rosette and the Devil Chrono." The Sister had to stop talking, for the trio gave a slight squeel of delight that they will finally see our lost friends. I merely look away, afraid that if they see my eyes.. it would ruin their moment completly. The Sister raised her had to stop the squeeling nuns and continued "They are located at the country side in Michican near the Seventh Bell orphanage. The man who called already sent his friend yesterday to guide you, he will arrive in the Order in approxamitely 15 minutes. I suggest you should take this time and prepare for the upcomming trip. Azmaria?" Again, I look at the Sister with curious eyes, trying to hide my sadness from the trio who are staring at me. "I want you to go along with them." The Sister smiled as I nodded " Yay.. I get to see Rosette and Chrono atlas!" I tried to hide my sadness with my excited squeel, but the sisters was no fools. I sighed, they could read me like a book.

"Azmaria, is something the matter?" The good Sister Clare asked me with worried eyes. I nodded and said, "I'm fine, I'm finally going to see Rosette and Chrono after all. I can't wait." I smiled sadly and looked away.

"Sister Kate, may I ask a question?" The energetic Sister Mary asked.

"Of course."

"Why do we need to go all the way to Michigan if Rosette and Chrono can just come here all by themselves?" This caught the other two nun's attention. I tried to held the tears back, but failed. I sniffed and sobbed, catching the eyes of the four nuns. "Did something happened? Are they alright?" The redhead Sister Anna asked, a slight worry in her voice.

The head Sister closed her eyes and remained silent, looking at me, and then sighed. "Rosette and Chrono.... are dead." There was a loud gasp, the three nuns looked at the nun in disbelief, their mouth hang open.

TBC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
so yeah, I'm done with chapter 2. hope you like it, and flames are always welcome... bring it on, I can take it. If this is short, I'll TRY to make the next chapter longer. Oh yeah.. the next chapter's gonna be set in Munich, Germany so be prepared for a crossover.