Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ A Hero Returns ❯ Chapter 5: Reunion a Tricky Thing ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mena- Hello one and all hope you don’t mind me updating early I’m going to be gone this week so I thought about leaving you with a gift.

Fox- Oh how considerate I get the whole house to my self

Ed-Your going to take us with you aren’t

Mena- I think Fox will take care of you I think

Al- I don’t think we will last a week with her you do realize that

Mena- Yeah

Fox-WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I’M NICE WHEN I WANT TO BE

Mena- lets get on with the chapter

Fox-HEY!

Chapter 5: Reunion a Tricky Thing

Al and Winry watch in a defeated gaze as the bickering continued between the Generals, Al gets up and walks around until he bumps into a familiar person “Why did you leave I was going to introduce you to some friends of mine.”

She turns her attention back to Al “Oh sorry I get shy sometimes.”

He sighs in defeat and they begin to walk around the town “So what does your brother do?”

She smiles thinking for a moment to tell him or not to tell him she smirks at him “He’s in the Military.”

He blinks a couple times he smiles gently at her “A state Alchemist?”

She blinks surprised “Yeah, how did you know?”

“Your necklace tells it all, the beads have the Alchemy symbol.” he says chuckling as she stares cross eyed down at them.

She looks back at him and smirks “So they do, my brother gave them to me after my father died as a present.”

He looks down ashamed “I’m sorry.”

She waves her hand dismissively “Don’t worry about it but I have got to go now.”

He nods “All right see you later.”

Izumi had been searching for where that shadow went for hours, but has had no luck so far, but she wasn’t about to give up, not by a long shot, she considered the Elric brothers more her children then even her own. She was so into her ramblings she didn’t even notice she was at the end of the line had now run into a brick wall she sighs in annoyance “Well what do we do now, old gal?” she asks herself as she shakes her head.

“I don’t know what were you doing to begin with?” a voice from behind her speaks coming out of the shadows.

“Alphonse there you are.” She says, as they begin to walk.

“What are we doing teacher?” Alphonse asks walking side by side with her.

“I thought I got something on a lead to Edward.” she says not looking up from what she was trying to look for.

“You did?” he asks brightening a little.

“I thought I did but I seem to be getting lost.” she says looking through the streets.

“You and me both.”

Izumi suddenly stops and looks around “Did you hear that?”

He stops as well and turns his head to listen “What?”

It happens again but this time he hears it “That.”

“Sounded like a scream or metal.” he says quietly.

“Lets go find out.” Izumi says grasping his hand and leading him forward as they begin on their journey through the various twists and turns before they reach a roof top with a array on it with a very familiar character standing over a very dead homunculi known as Sloth.

“E-Edward?” Izumi gasps uncertainly as she and Alphonse stare at him.

“Brother?” he asks as a smile begins to form on his lips.

“And you are?” he asks out of breath staring at them.

She blinks twice before going into a full blown glare starting to growl and foam at the mouth “WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST TWO AND A HALF YEARS AND YOU SAY ITS BEEN A WHILE!” she yells at him then stops “Did you just say and I was?”

“How is it that everyone greets me this way.“ she glares at him murderously again like she was since he didn’t answer her question, he starts to laugh nervous, rubbing his head sheepishly “Uhh, yeah about that.. I don‘t remember anything…..” He says trailing off.

“What do you mean you don’t remember anything but you have some recognition don’t you?” she asks unsurely.

He nods “A friend of mine has been helping me with my memories but I have to do some things before I get it back.” he says looking away ashamed.

"You mean youd on't recognize me Brother?" Alphonse says comming up to them not believing what he heard.

"Not a thing so if you'll excuse me." he says walking away and transmuting his automail arm back into an arm.

Alphonse runs up to him and hugs his waist tightly as tears begin to fall "Please brother please you can't leave me not after everything we went through I just got you back."

He looks uncertainly at him but hugs him back 'This feels familar like someone I knew long ago,' but sighs in defeat.

--To Be Continued--

Mena-What do ya think?

Ed-Bunch of chit chat to me

Fox-I have to agree with the midget here

Mena-Oh well thanks

Ed-Don’t mention it

Mena-See you all in a couple of weeks.