Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ A Hero Returns ❯ Chapter 6: A Kitten ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mena-Sorry for not updating in a while I guess I got a little busy I didn’t get out of school until June 4

Fox- Lucky you I got out May something

Mena-yeah and it’s not fair either

Ed-Is anything fair?

Lust-Not mostly

Al-On with the show today I think I meet my sister don’t I?

Kari-Of coarse on with the chapter

--Last Chapter--

"You mean you don't recognize me Brother?" Alphonse says comming up to them not believing what he heard.

"Not a thing so if you'll excuse me." Ed says walking away and transmuting his automail arm back into an arm.

Alphonse runs up to him and hugs his waist tightly as tears begin to fall "Please brother please you can't leave me not after everything we went through I just got you back."

Ed looks uncertainly at him but hugs him back 'This feels familar like someone I knew long ago,' but sighs in defeat.

Chapter 6: A Kitten

Ed shakes his head at his stupidity ‘What am I doing?’ he pulls back from him “I’m sorry but I have to go.” he says finally getting up and rushing to the door.

Before he could get there though he was stopped by little Alphonse pulling on the sleeve of his coat with tears in his eyes “Brother please don’t go.”

Ed was about to say something but stops as a flash comes through his mind of the same little boy but smaller “Alphonse?” Ed asks uncertainly.

He nods trying to make his big brother remember “Yes it’s me.”

He shakes his head so his thoughts can escape him turning to go again “I can’t come back yet.”

“Please?” Al asks hopefully as Izumi comes up to him as well.

“We could help you.” She says pulling Al back.

“I-I don’t know.” he finally says looking at anything but the pitiful look in his brothers eyes “I’ll think about it.” He says quietly leaving into the shadowed night.

“Come on Alphonse.” Izumi says tugging his the way they had come from.

“Brother!” he calls out one last time as Ed stops and turns slightly “Promise me you’ll come back Promise me at least that.” he says pitifully.

He looks reluctant at first but nods “I promise.” was the last thing he said before disappearing into the shadows.

“Lets get back to the others Don’t worry he’ll come back.” Izumi says walking him through the alley ways as he sniffs.

“I know it’s just I’m not used to being by myself.” Al says finally drying his tears.

Izumi sighs in defeat “I know Alphonse, I know.”

---------------------------------------------------------

--The other side of Silver city--

Ed walks on silently looking at the darkened city in anguish still thinking about the promis he made to his brother but then stops suddenly “You know Lust you don’t have to help.” he says finally turning around to see Lust leaning against a wall with a black kitten with golden eyes in hand.

She looks at him surprised but blushes all the same standing up strait “I know but I just want to.” Lust says quietly absentmindedly petting the kitten as it purrs in content.

Ed looks at her skeptically “I would think you’d want me to turn them human from what you told me.” he says reminding her of her past as a homunculus.

She shakes her head making her long black hair fall across her shoulders “No some of them are not meant to be human and then others there are yes.” she says quietly but then brightens visibly interlocking their arms being mindful of the kitte “Where to next love?”

He smirks as he shrugs “I have no clue.”

She sweat drops “Don’t those people in the gate give you directions?”

“Not that I know of It would be helpful though.” Ed says laughing slightly as they continue on their way.

Lust sighs shaking her head “They have a sick sense of humor I can tell you that much.”

“Lust?” Ed asks uncertainly.

“Hmmm?” She says looking at him curiously.

Ed clears his throat “Do I have a brother named Alphonse?”

She smiles at him and nods “Yes you do you were inseparable back then.” she stops curiously “Why?”

“I met him.” Ed says quietly.

“I knew you would,” Lust smirks evily as she slyly looks over to him “eventually.” She laughs as he gives her a dirty look from her last comment taking the kitten away from her as she protests.

--------------------------------------------

--Military--

Izumi and Al enter the Center of the city again where they had first started their journey as Mustang comes up to them glaring slightly “Where have you two been?” he asks like a mother would her two naughty children.

Izumi smirks at him as Al looks between the two “We thought we had a lead but we didn’t.”

Havoc sighs, shaking his head as he lights up another cigarette “I think this may be just another wild goose chase.”

Fuery brightens as he slings an arm around Havocs shoulder “Come now Havoc it wasn’t a total lost.”

Havoc glares at him for a moment before answering “For you.”

Mustang sighs in defeat as he finally asks the same question every time they go some where new “What did you do this time Fuery?”

“He saved the entire population of dogs and cats.” Riza says giggling.

Fuery stops a moment and thinks “I remember one of the people who took a kitten was a mysterious Women in black she took a black kitten with golden eyes,” he shivers to add the full effect “she was a cold one alright.”

Mustang smirks “I’m sure she was if Havoc was with you.”

Riza sighs grabbing them both by the ear before they could get into a fight “Lets head back to Central and see if there is any leads unless you guys found anything?” she asks to the others but looking suspiciously at Izumi and Al.

Winry looks at her confusedly “I heard he left town.”

Riza glares at Mustang who was currently reaching for his gloves “Then there isn’t any reason to stand around here then lets head out.”

Al looks at her confusedly “You’re coming with us?”

Riza smiles at him “Someone has to keep them in line.”

--To Be Continued--

Mena-I’m so sorry about the delay I just have been really busy

Fox-At least you don’t have summer homework

Mena-If you weren’t taking so many honors classes

Fox-So I’m smart what else is new

Mena-It means your above Average allright

Ed-Enough with the fighting we have another chapter done

Riza-Hope you enjoyed it

Lust-We sure did

Gluttony-Can I eat it?

Everyone-NO!

Roy-Remember to review