Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Beyond Twighlight ❯ The Sin Called Envy ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not, nor will I ever, own FMA....damn this sucks....


Bry: *falls over* I too tired today...you biotches better be happy that I'm even continuing at all


Amy: *moves head to the side* why?


Bry: Because...I get no reviews......why do I even keep going? *falls off couch* why do I keep doing this?


Yukiko: O.o jeez.....if no body reviews....then this'll be the last chapter....EVER


Amy: *gives a really cute chibi face* P-Please review...


Yukiko: Everytime someone doesn't review a chibi dies. Please...think of the chibis.


Chapter Eight: The Sin Called Envy


It was quiet. The only audible sounds were that of my pen scratching across paper and the voiceless whistling of the wind outside. The small amount of light emerged from the lamp atop the short bedside table to my left. The glowing yellow stream falling on the page before me. It had been about two or three hours since Amy left to go find Al and I didn't know what to do with myself. I sighed, putting the pen in the crack of the spine, holding my place among the blank pages. I leaned back, feeling the cushioned pillows press against my spine. I closed my eyes, listening to the last solitary sound, reaching out I clicked out the light, and I laid there. I felt the shadows in my mind start to clear as I was to fall asleep, but I was soon startled by the noise of the wind growing louder and feeling the hairs on my arms and the back of my neck raise at the cool breeze. Someone, or something, opened my window. I waited quietly, then, feeling a weight on the bed beside me I shot my eyes open and swung out with my automail. I gasped as my arm was caught and I was pushed down. I struggled slightly, making no noise, so as not to alarm anyone.


"L-let me go..." I whispered harshly, blushing at breaths running across my neck.


"Yukiko...Yukiko, calm down. It's only me." My eyes widened at the familiar voice, I had squeezed m eyes shut and was about to open them, but the light clicked on and blinded me slightly. I blinked and rubbed my eyes with my free hand, adjusting to the sudden light, I looked into his golden eyes.


"Ed....don't frighten me like that, idiot." I kept my voice low, he smiled-somehwat like a chesire cat grin-at me, and that scared me. I blew my bangs from my face a few times, before tucking them behind my ear. "Why are you in here? I thought you went to bed." I resisted my urge to jump on him, fighting down blushes and not looking him in the eyes. His hair was loose, like he had been rolling around in his bed, his bangs fell about his face more mysteriously than normal. He was in his tank top and, for a sixteen year old, he had some pretty nice muscles. I was about to tell him to go away when the light sound of a thunk, echoed around the empty room.


"Hm?" I blinked, realizing it had been my journal. I pulled away the covers, and crawled over his lap-not noticing what I was doing-and leaned toward the ground. I saw the red cover and smiled, reaching to grab it. My fingers touched the leather cover and felt my body slip against him, I squeaked, afraid to hit the ground. Instead, though, I ended up in Ed's lap, like a child. He wrapped his arms protectively around me, and I was pushed against his chest, feeling, for the first time, really how strong he was. The blush that painted itself on my cheeks slid down my neck, I fidgeted. Great. My body decided then of all times to react on its own. But, why? It wasn't like I had feelings for Ed. "You're okay?" he asked. His voice seemed different now, and I had mis-pronounced the way my body had reacted....


...I was frightened.


~*~*~*~*~
-3rd Person-


Ed walked down the desrted hallways quietly. In the darkness, he blindly ran his hands along the white-painted wall, counting each doorway.


Okay...since when have there been so many freakin' do--hm? he stopped on one, pushing his ear to the wood. Inside he could faintly her Yukiko's quiet protests and...his voice? He thought a second and the image of a certain palm-tree, sin came to his mind. "Shit." he cursed under breath, changing his automail to a spear, opening the door he came to find only Yukiko sitting on her bed. She was on her knees, her hands clasped together at her chest; her dark eyes were watery and wide. Her shoulders were shaking and she wouldn't look at him. "Yuki--" he stepped towards her and that's when her head snapped up. She backed away in fear quickly.


"St-STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!" she yelled. He took a sharp step back, he watched her grab her head as if in pain, her breathing was sharp and quick.


"Yukiko--"


"NO!" she backed away again, he gasped when she tumbled off the bed and he heard her hit the ground, hard. He put the spear away, running around the end of the bed, coming to her. She pulled herself up, grabbing her head again. Ed leaned down to help her, she slapped at him, but grabbed her hands halting her swings. She struggled and he held on tighter, she gasped and he loosened his grip with his right hand, realizing his automail was hurting her. She stopped struggling, her head falling forward so he couldn't see her face, but he heard her sobs just fine. He let go of her cautiously, making sure she wouldn't hit him, then picked her up bridal style and layed her back on the bed. He lifted her chin, making her look at him, her eyes were hazy and clouded. "I didn't mean it..." she whispered. He blinked, his eyes softening, he didn't want to scare her.


"What didn't you mean?" he lightly ran a finger over the bruise that formed on the left of her hair line.


"To hurt him....I didn't think I--I was just trying to...." her voice trailed off. He knew she was saying something about her brother.


"I know...it's okay....I know you didn't mean that."


"I...I'm scared...."


"Of what?"


"Of him."


"Who is he?" she paused, not saying anything. "Yukiko?" silence. Her gaze had averted to a journal that was on the table, he watched it a monemt with her, then glanced back at her, reaching for it. She didn't move. He picked it up and held it out, for her to grab, she shook her head. Understanding, he flipped to the page where a pen was tucked in. He took a small glance at the page before quickly closing the book again. "Where have you seen him?"


"He doesn't talk."


"Where have you seen him...Yukiko?" his voice raised a little.


"He just pats me on the head like a child."


"Tell me."


"And his lips move....like he's talking, but I can't hear him."


"I have to know."


"Then...after a while I could hear his voice."


"Yukiko!"


"He said I shouldn't be afraid..."

"Yukiko, listen to me!"


"And that everything happens for a reason..."


"Listen!"


"Equivalent Exchange he says..."


"Yukiko! You have to tell me!!"


"Then he said his name..."


"Yukiko, now!"


"Hoenheim....of Light...." he grabbed her shoulders sharply, making her face him again.


"WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN HIM?!" her eyes weren't clouded anymore, they were frightened and wide.


"E-Ed...ward...? W-What....what's happened....? Why are you....why are you yelling at me?" new tears streaked down through the dried paths of the old ones. He loosened his hold on her, his mouth moved down to say something, but nothing came out. He let her go, turning away from her and placing his head in his hands. She watched his head move side to side. "Did I....did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you?" he was silent. "Ed?" she placidly put one hand on his quivering shoulder, "Please.....did I--" he whipped around, pulling her into his body. Her thin arms were limp at her sides, her face startled. "Ed?" she felt something warm and wet drip down her shoulder and down her back. He was crying.


"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry...." he repeated it over and over again to her. Unknown to what to do, she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face in his shoulder.


"Don't be....you've never done anything wrong....don't worry anymore...I'm here for you." she paused, wiping tears from her eyes with the side of her hand. She patted his back softly, "I'm here....I love you, Ed."


~*~*~*~*~


"Stupid...stupid with the stupid...stupidness!!!"


"You just keep hurting yourself lately don't you, kid?" Yukiko looked at Liutenant Havoc with merciless fury.


"Up yours, Jean!" he smirked at her, cigarette dangling between his teeth. "Rrgh....stupid...." she mumbled angrily, walking beside the blonde soldier. Well...sort of. When the nurse came in that morning to check on Yukiko, she found Ed asleep with her in the bed. In a rage, Ed was chased around the room, Yukiko-laughing her head off-slipped out of the bed and in trying to catch herself twisted her ankle. Now she walked with crutches, never having had used them before, Havoc walked beside her, keeping her from getting more bruises on her head from smacking into a wall or floor. Everyone wondered where the large-now covered with a rectangualer, white bandage-bruise had come from, but she never said anything except 'Shut-up', 'None of your business' or 'Up yours'. Bringing the left crutch forward again, she slipped on a stray slip of paper. Havoc, stepping in front of her, lifted her with no problem back to her feet. He leaned down and picked up the paper from the floor.


"You okay?" he was still smirking. She snatched the paper, ripping it to shreds and letting the pieces fall to the floor. Her firey look diminishing slightly.


"I'm not happy right now."


"Obviously, Yu-chan." she blushed at the old-and childish-nickname. "Why're you having such hormone issues right now? I mean..besides the twisted ankle, bruised head and stitched stomach?" her face reddened more than ever.


"Th-that isn't any of your business!!!" she snapped, embarassed. He quirked an eyebrow, then realization dawned on him. Making him smirk widely. "W-what?" he leaned in to whisper, so no one else could hear.


"You're on your monthly." she jumped.


"HOW'D YOU KNOW THAT--I..I mean....NO!!!" her eyes darted side to side swiftly. In truth, something unpleasant had happened that morning, after twisting her ankle. She looked at the ground.


"I hate being a girl....all men do is complain about women being so bitchy..."


"Well, you kinda are--"


"IF YOU WENT THROUGH WHAT WE WENT THROUGH YOU'D BE A BITCH TOO!!!" she yelled at the top of her lungs.


"Okaayyy....fine, hormones."


"DON'T CALL ME THAT!!!"


"Whatever you say, crutchy." he started laughing, but abruptly stopped when he was smacked upside the head with one crutch. "Ow..." he rubbed the spot tenderly.


"I'm warning you, Jean Havoc. If you make one more crack about me, I swear to God I'll-"


"Woah, woah, calm down. I'll be good...." then he whispered under his breath, "Bitchy-klutz on crutches." unfortunately for him, she heard it.


"THAT'S IT!!!!"


*~*~*~*~*~


Hawkeye looked up curiously as a three-quarters-of-the-way-dead-Jean-Havoc limped by. She raised an eyebrow in question.


"Jean...what did you say to my sister?"


"Shut-up, Riza...." he plopped into his chair and she muffled giggles, turning away from him, trying not to laugh as hard as she could. Yukiko really could do some damage when she was rowled up.


Still....she lowered her eyes slowly, signing a couple papers. Life as certainly been hell for her since dad left....then with what happened to Kiyoshi......Riza shook her head, abandoning all dark thoughts.


~*~*~*~*~


Yukiko managed to drag herself to her bedroom, falling onto the bed and listening to the crutches crack onto the ground.


This all sucks....I wish I were dead...at this she felt tears form in her eyes and roll down the sides of her face, "Damn, I made myself sad..." using her flesh hand she tried wiping them away. She sat up, pulling her knees to her chest and looking out the window on the other side of the room. Just barely she could see Amy, body language showed happiness and she was with a tall soldier. "I wonder if she knows him somehow..." she thought aloud, looking away.


"It's a small world, Yukiko." she jumped violently at the sudden and unfamiliar voice. She looked at a pale man, long dark green hair wearing all black and vicious purple eyes. He held a smirk on his face, "Are you remembering your brother?" she nodded timidly, "I can make you forget."


"M-Make me forget Kiyoshi?! No way!"


"Not just him...everything after you were ten, among the kid being completely erased from your memories..."


"W-What? What happened when I was te--wait...that was..."


"When you created a major sin."


"You're a sin...a homonculous....a being created from failed human transmutations." his smirk widened.


"Cute and well-informed, well, love...I'll help you with your dilemma...you'll just have to meet my father..."


++++++++++++


AN: Yo, if all ya'll's problem is me not updating all the time, it's got a few reasons behind it! One: I have no internet at my house, Two: I write on my mom's computer, thus I can't use it all the time, Three: I do have a life and I can't always write then hop over to a friend's or my aunt's house to update, kay? I got emotions, I get depressed and can't write. I have family, I gotta visit my fam' sometimes right? I have school! I'm only an eighth grader, and this is a very important year, plus I'm failing a class so I have to fix that and all....I'm not trying to send anybody into guilt trips or nothing, I just want someone to leave a review. It doesn't have to be every chapter, nor does it have to be a good review. I can get a flame and still be happy, because then I know what someone thinks. If all I get is flames after this, then I know it's a good thing I stopped my story. But if there are people who like it, then I'm stopping for no reason and making a few people mad. I don't care what you do, you could put "Cool" or "I hate this!" or whatever! I don't care! I just need a response to my hard work, okay? So that's all I ask for. A little criticism never killed anyone and it won't annoy me to death nor will I come after you and rip out your lungs or something Oo I'm not a psycho path, I'm just a kid who likes to write and likes people to like her writing. Thanks.


Special Thank You's:


Kat (MAIDEN OF TIME AND SPACE): I love you more than anything! You are the coolest, and you're able to put up with me. Thanks for being a great friend these past months, love ya! ^.~


horesketh: Did I spell that right? I forget....anyway...you're totally awesome! Thanks so much for reading!


Crystal_Alchemist: Thanks for reading, even though you'd rather have more AlxAmy stuff, you still seem to like it and that keeps me happy. ^^


X09-C: *tackle/hugs you* Love ya lots!! You seem pretty enthusiastic about the story, and I'm glad you like the new version! This is special, just for you:


THANK YOU!!!

PS: Sorry if you tried to look at my pic of Kiyoshi and couldn't find it, when I tried to scan it my scanner turned off and now won't turn back on!!! Rawr....>.< #
Thanks again to my faithful readers, arigatou!!! ^^