Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Beyond Twighlight ❯ Forgetting ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Full Metal Alchemist or Amy or half this storyline


Bry: *jumps on Kat* I LOVE YOU!!!!!


Kat: ^^


Bry: I thank those few people who reviewed…and Kat’s friend Britt who told me to continue or perish…Oo But thanks to them, I present;


Chapter Nine: Forgetting


“It’s dark.” I pouted. I may be slightly evil, but I still don’t like the dark, especially when I’m with a crazy palm tree. I listened to him chuckle at me, I squeezed his hand hard. He grumbled and I loosened my grip, “Where are we going anyway?”


“To see Father.” he stated plainly.


“Uh…huh….” I was so confused. “Who are you?”


“What’s with all the questions?”


“Where are we?” he sighed loudly, he was annoyed. Good.


“We’re in a tunnel underground that will lead us to Father.”


“And?!” I snapped, wanting to know his name. He growled.


“Envy.” I stopped, halting him as well. “What is it? Scared, Love?” he sneered, I pulled away, letting go of his hand.


“Y-You’re….Ed warned me about you!” he laughed,


“Of course he would warn you against me.” he poked my cheek and I slapped his hand. He laughed again, “He wants to protect his precious little sinner.”


“Shut-up!” I yelled, “I’m not a sin! Not like you!” suddenly I felt my back against a wall.


“We can change that.”


*~*~*~*~*~*~
-Amy-


Amy shook her head again. That was the seventh person whose come up and asked if she knew where Yukiko was. She had started to get worried, because even Ed asked. She was always with him, her or Al, sometimes maybe Russell or Fletcher.


“I haven’t seen her all day…no one really has. I’m worried…” she walked, eyes to the side. “AH!” she fell to the ground. She sat up on her knees, rubbing her head. Looking behind her a little she saw one of Yukiko’s crutches. “Oh my…”


“Amy, you okay?” She looked up, seeing Al.


“Yes…but Yuki-san I’m not so sure about.” he helped her up, then she leaned down and picked up the crutch from the ground.


*~*~*~*~*~*~
-Yukiko-


“ITR 17;S DARK AGAIN!!!!” I screamed, my hands were held behind my back, and I felt Envy’s breathing on my neck. A single light flashed on, showing a man in a large chair. I flinched, moving closer to Envy in an attempt to back away from the man, but I couldn’t figure out why, I just felt compelled to stay away.


“Envy, you brought her to me? Why?” his voice seemed hoarse and old.


“She needs to forget, that’s what she wants.” he chuckled, I elbowed him in the chest and he instantly stopped, getting me back by twisting my arms a little. I cringed, but didn’t call out, the chair had turned around and I was faced by the same golden eyes of Ed…but it was an older man. Old enough to be his father.


“Would you truly like to forget…you will forget everything from the root of your sin.” there was a tight feeling in my stomach, but I did want to forget…everything. “Your answer?” he asked. I paused, then nodded.


“Make me forget.”


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
-Amy-


Amy followed Ed and Al for the longest time, going around Central and calling out Yukiko’s name. It had been over an hour before they stumbled upon her, she was sitting on the edge of the fountain in the middle of the city. Her hair hung over her eyes and she stared at her mis-matched hands. Ed put his hand on her shoulder,


“Yukiko, are you okay? Why did you go missing?” he asked, she stared at him, a puzzled look on her face.


“Do I…know you?” Ed backed away, taken aback by her question. She tucked her hair behind her ear, her eyes seemed more full and…childish to him. Amy came over, taking one of Yukiko’s hands,


“Yuki-san…”


“Amy , why are you here? You look older…when did that happen?” she giggled, standing, “And shorter as well, I’m just kidding…” she added at Amy’s confused look, “I know we’re older now, but…this boy? Who is he? Got an older man for a boyfriend, eh? He doesn’t seem much older than twelve though, awfully short.” she flicked his forehead and he growled, trying to keep his cool with her calling him short. Yukiko laughed again, he looked away, wondering why she forgot. A little angered by the major change in her, he gripped her flesh wrist, tugging her to him, her-already wide-eyes widened, showing their real blue.


“What happened to you? Where did you go?” she scratched her head, her face twisted like she was thinking. Then after a moment, she shrugged,


“No idea. But it feels like a big part of my memory is missing…I remember Amy…Mom, there’s two little boys…don’t know who they are though.” she giggled, “You kinda look like one of them.” she tugged her arm away from him, “What is your name anyway?”


“….Ed…”


“Ed…” she mumbled, she pushed her hair away from her face, “Well, Ed, you obviously know me…what happened to my arm?” she held out her automail, the sunlight barely catching it.


“You don’t…Kiyoshi.” he stopped, she looked confused,


“What?”


“Does that mean anything to you? At all?” she looked as if she were thinking again, then shrugged.


“I don’t remember any Kiyoshi…that’s kind of a girly name, cute though.” she smiled brightly, Ed turned away from her. She forgot her own little brother, she forgot it all…even her own sin.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Ed walked by Yukiko’s room later that night, jumping when a crashing sound came from inside. He turned the handle, barely looking into the room, Yukiko’s back was to him, her shoulders heaved as she breathed heavily. Her shirt was off and his eyes widened at the many scars that rained over her pale skin, then his attention moved to her wrist and the puddle of blood on the floor. About to grab her wrist and yell at her, he stopped, a scream coming from the bathroom inside. Yukiko moved from her spot to the bathroom door, bursting in. Ed followed, stopping in the doorway, Yukiko cradled Amy in her arms, the blonde looking terrified. Ed’s eyes moved to the blood on the white, marble, floor and the thin lines of red that ran down her arms.


“Should I…get someone?” he asked quietly, Yukiko looked at him, tears running from her widened eyes down her cheeks and connecting at her chin. She didn’t have to say anything, he left, seeing her eyes ask for help, fear mixing in for Amy’s safety. To her, Amy was the family she had left, Kiyoshi was non-existent.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Roy looked at the brunette sternly, she didn’t look back, she kept her arms crossed and she slumped in the chair. A white bandage wrapped around her forearm, showing the shape of the red blood through the white, she had also put on a gray jacket that covered her hands. Amy was leaned against Ed, white bandages around her arms as well, her breathing slow and steady, eyes half-lidded.


“Yukiko, I just need to know what happened.” she growled,


“I told you!! I didn’t cut myself!!!” she wiped at tears welling in her eyes, “For some reason I felt really angry and I started throwing stuff around. It scared Amy so she went into the bathroom until I cooled off, in the middle of my rampage my wrist started stinging…I couldn’t do anything so I just stood there…and it left this.” she lifted her arm so he could see the blood marking, a finely shaped cross right across her wrist. “Same thing with Amy, I heard her scream so I went in the bathroom and she was on the floor, then Ed asked if we need someone.” Roy didn’t look convinced, she growled again, “Why would I cut myself?! Why would Amy?!?! And the same thing at the same time?!”


“Now, now…no need to be so angry.” they turned, Roy looking up, a man stood in the door. He was old in age and had black robes dressing him, a small black book in his hands. “Dear child, may I see the mark?” he held out a wrinkled hand, and she placed her arm in it. He examined the blood carefully, “As I thought, a stigmata.”


“A who-a-what-a?” Ed asked, confused.


“A stigmata.” Amy’s quiet voice came in. “I believe it’s the mark of a virtue…um, a pure spirit, opposing the seven sins…” Yukiko twitched,


“And this means…?” she urged, then she twitched again, realizing the old man still had her arm, she snatched it away from him.


“It means you and I are virtues…” she mumbled, putting pieces together in her head. Yukiko pouted at the ceiling,


“But…” she started looking at Roy, “I don’t believe in the whole God thing.” she informed them, moving her eyes to Ed, then quickly turning to Amy. “I mean…I can understand, quiet, patient Amy, but me…”


“I believe you may be Kindness, you look awfully alike to her…um, would you like to see her?” the old man asked her, she nodded, and he pulled a thicker book from within his robes, red covered with spidery writing on it in gold. He flipped open its yellow pages, stopping near the end, and handing it to her. She hefted it onto her lap, eyes widening at the picture embroided onto the parchment-like paper. The woman wore a long white gown, flowing about her pale-ish skin, her hair dark brown, lighted highlights, running down her shoulder blades. Wings sprouted on her back, beautiful white feathers falling delicately on the page, her piercing blue eyes were intense, like she burrowed into your soul. But what caught Yukiko’s attention was the small scar-like mark on her left shoulder, the same one she had, but she couldn’t remember where she had gotten it. Yukiko flipped the aging page and came upon an elegant picture of Patience, but to her it was Amy. That same kind nature floated about the picture as it did Amy, calm, mature and…patient. The blonde hair the color of the sun, the golden-blue eyes that made you want to hold her close and protect her at all costs. She had noticed before that Amy was like an angel, she guessed this would explain something. “So, what do you think, young one?”


“One: Don’t call me that, and two: this is fucked up!” she shut the book, coughing at the large amount of dust that instantly filled her lungs when it slammed shut. She rubbed her eyes, feeling an intense stare on her, she looked at Amy. “Oh…uh, sorry…Amy…” she apologized for her swearing, the blonde shook her head, like she didn’t care. “Listen…can I please sleep on this?” Roy let out a sigh and nodded. She stood up, holding out a hand for Amy, the small girl grasped it. Ed noticed a surprised look on her face that quickly faded, maybe Yukiko’s hand was cold or something…that was her automail arm right?


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Here’ ;s chapter nine! Thanks again for those who reviewed, especially you, Kat! Love ya’ to death! Lol, not literally. R&R!