Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Ed's a Stinker! ❯ Chappie Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chappie Three..... Poor Roy is sick! He'll be fine. hee hee. . . . . . . Notice that he has nightmares when he's alone.... but does he have them with Riza there??? Oh yeah.. Gracia, Hughs wife, well he's dead, but you know her........ Anyway Gracia comes to talk to Roy. It's kinda sad, but she tells him something that screws his mind up... ED!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%

Chapter Three
There was fire everywhere. The buildings were crumbling, and screams were heard all around. Roy looked straight to see someone reaching for him. It was Riza. She was crying for him to save her. He rushed over, but his own flames circled around her. She wailed as her body burned, and she cried his name. He couldn't get to her. His own alchemy was out of control. Finally he saw another figure in the red-orange glow. He squinted his eyes to see, but there was no time. Something had shot him straight in his chest. He looked down at the bullet wound and could only stare. He looked into the fire and felt himself collapse.
Roy opened his eyes to find himself on the floor. He was panting from the nightmare, and cold sweat was dripping from his forehead. A sharp pain streaked through his head. "Damn it," he mumbled. "I was sicker than I thought."

The phone rang off the hook. Roy opened one eye and reached over to get it. "Hello," he whispered. His voice was weaker, too.
"Sir?" Riza said over the line. "How are you feeling?"
"Terrible," he said getting out of bed. "I'll skip work today and maybe tomorrow, too."
"That is fine. By the time you're back, the guys will be very respectful."
He smiled, "hopefully."
"Sir, what's your temperature?"
He sighed and walked to the bathroom, but everything started spinning. His vision filled with darkness, and he fainted.
"Sir? Are you still there?" she asked. There was no answer for a while. "Did he hang up on me?" She hung up the phone, "something's wrong." She quickly put on her coat and left the building.

Roy looked the shining sun. He was in a field of flowers... something you don't see in winter. Riza put a hand on his shoulder and sung softly. He looked around to make sure there was no fire. She smiled and hugged him gently. "Riza..." he started.
"Quiet, just let me embrace you here. I want to make the nightmares go away."
He couldn't say anything else. She was so soothing when she sang. He closed his eyes and hugged her back.

Something wet was against his face. It was sniffing him, too. He opened his eyes to see Black Hayate. The small puppy yelped and licked him again. Roy sat up and looked around. He was in his bed. Black Hayate barked and licked his hand. Roy petted him, and Riza came into the room. "Black Hayate, I told you to hush!" she scolded. She looked at Roy, "oh, I didn't know you were awake. I hope Black Hayate didn't wake you."
He shook his head, "no, well actually yes, but it's okay. Why are you here?"
"You fainted while on the phone. I was worried." She sat beside him and felt of his head. "Your fever has broken. It was 102 when I got to you. You shouldn't let it get that high."
He looked into her eyes, "sorry."
Now she didn't know what to say. She nodded slightly, "well, I'm gonna take care of you."
"I guess that's fine. I'm glad you'd be willing to use your own time to take care of me."
"It's no touble, as long as Black Hayate can stay in the house."
"It's fine."
She smiled and pushed him back down gingerly, "rest. I will be right here."
He had to admit that he liked the attention from her, but she wasn't herself. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Ed walked into the head office with Al. "Brother, what are you doing?"
Ed put a ring in Mustang's drawer, "my plan is not done!"
"I think you're over doing it. The guys were laughing at the Captian."
"That's what I wanted. They all laugh at me. Just wait. I'll get real weird when Hawkeye comes in here."

And sure enough when the 1st Luetinent walked into the office the next morning, she noticed the drawer slightly open. She went over to it and saw the ring. Her eyes started to water as she picked it up. "It has to be true." She put it back and shut the drawer. She went out the door and slammed her hand down on Havoc's desk. "Listen Up, Fellas!" They looked at her nervously. "You were all disrespectful to the Captian!! It wasn't funny at all! I can't believe you laughed at him like that!"
Ed held in his laughing, "my what a shame."
"When he comes back, I want to see working and hear quiet! Got it?!" she yelled.
Havoc put up his hands, "whoa, chill, Luetinent. We were just surprised that he would propose. I mean he isn't that kind of type."
"Well Maes did make him promise," someone said coming through the door. They all looked in the direction to see Ms. Gracia. "After all they were best friends, and I've known Roy to be very loyal."
"Ms. Gracia, what brings you here?" Fuery asked.
"I was wondering how Roy was doing. At the funeral he kinda had no emotion. It worried me." she answered sadly.
Hawkeye frowned, "I wouldn't have a clue. He won't talk about it at all."
"Is he here?" she asked.
"No, he's at home sick," Hawkeye told her. "He was feeling a lot better yesterday when I was there."
The guys started smiling. Ms. Gracia nodded, "I may come back tomorrow then."

Roy woke up and looked at the clock. "6:24," he thought. "I better get up," he said to himself. He heard a bark. It was Black Hayate. The puppy whimpered and barked again. Roy got out of bed, "you hungry, Hayate? Is Riza still here?" He smiled, "I bet she left you by mistake or something. Don't worry; I'm going to work today. You can come with me." Hayate bounced up and down and ran in circles.

Hawkeye was getting ready to go check on Roy, but he walked through the door and met her in the hall. She arched an eyebrow, "feeling better?"
"Much thank you," he said. Hayate, who was in his arms, barked happily.
Fuery rushed over to them, "aww...... can I hold Hayate! Please!!!!!!!"
Roy smirked and walked past him, "no."
"Why not?"
"Because this is my friend. He doesn't even laugh at me."
"Come on, Colonel. I wasn't laughing at you!" Fuery cried. He got down on his knees, "let me hold him for just a minute, please!!!!"
Roy rolled his eyes and put Hayate down. "Pathetic...." Roy sighed.
Hawkeye stopped him, "Sir, Ms. Gracia said she'd be here today."
He bit his lip, "uh....tell her that .....I have a lot of work to do."
"But she wants to talk to you about-"
"I know what she wants talk about. I don't feel like the subject today."
"Sir, I think it's stressing you out. That's probably why you're getting sick so easily."
"If I talk to her, I'll get upset, and when that happens, I look weak."
"You are going to talk to her. Do it at least for her."
He finally gave in, "okay."
Havoc smiled, "feeling better, Captian?"
Mustang sighed, "gonna have another laugh?"
"No Sir," he said starting back on his work.
"What have you done?" Mustang asked Hawkeye. She shook her head.

Ms. Gracia walked down the hall and straight to where Mustang was standing. "Hi, Roy."
He took a good look at her and smiled weakly. "Hi, Gracia." She waited for him to say something else, but it wasn't what she wanted. He looked over her head and saw Edward. "Excuse me," he smiled trying to get away from her.
She took his arm, "please don't avoid me."
He couldn't even look at her, "I have work to do, you know."
"This is more important," she said as tears welt in her eyes. "Please Roy..."
He looked at her, "you win. I rather not talk about here though."
She nodded, "fine, we'll take a walk."
"Tell Luetinent Hawkeye that I'll be back shortly," he said to Fuery.

Gracia walked beside him silently. He didn't want to talk about it, even though he needed to. This was going to be hard. "I know you miss him," she finally whispered. "I know that to be the truth."
"You're right. It's been hard."
"You scared me at the funeral," she said as they got to the cemetary. "You had no emotion what so ever. I almost thought that you didn't care, but that would be impossible. You two were close."
"I just don't like to show fear and sorrow. I have a rank to uphold."
She stopped in front of Maes's grave, "did you cry or anything, you know in private?"
"I.......I couldn't bring myself to do it. No one was there to tell me it was alright. I do miss him. He was like a brother, but I-"
"Roy, please.... I'm telling you it's okay. Riza said you've been stressed about it. If you don't get it off of your chest, you'll never feel better."
He smirked, "and why were you talking to Riza?"
"Because, she wanted to help. She is your fiancee after all."
His eyes widened, and his heart skipped. "What?"
She didn't notice his surprised expression. "your to-be-wife. That's what she said. They said they found out before you could propose. But she said she was so excited about it. She said that her life was finally taking a good turn. " It all made since now. The guys thought he was going to marry! He shook his head. Why would Riza make up something like that? No, she wouldn't. This was a joke. Wait, Riza was already engaged. Ed told him......Ed...told......him. Ed! "Roy?" she asked taking his arm.
"Yes?"
"Tell me it's true that you are to be wed. It makes me so happy that you kept your promise to him. He's probably crying for joy."
Roy felt guilt now. He forgot the promise. He couldn't tell Gracia that. He couldn't tell her that it was a joke. "It's true..."
She hugged him, "thank you! You are so kind!"
"Hey, I'm doing it for me, too."
"I just knew you and Riza were meant to be."
"Yeah, me, too."
"I'm so happy for you."
"Thanks, and I promise that I'll come to visit you more often."
She smiled, "you're the best."


Converting /tmp/phpvrQUJl to /dev/stdout