Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ChapterI: Arrival
“You do know that if we get out of this alive,” commented Roy as his ebony eyes followed a similarly coloured car up the driveway, “I'm going to kill you, right?”
“Uh-huh,” came the dry response. Edward watched the gorgeous black car come to a stop near the front steps of Mustang's estate, the flustered-looking driver hopping out and rushing around to the back to pull open the door for the passengers. “Who should I be worried about?” the blonde asked.
Never taking his eyes off of the three people exiting the vehicle, Roy answered, “If you're worried about both of our reputations in the military being destroyed, then you should watch out for my father. If you're worried about being looked down on or possibly being killed in your sleep for being in a homosexual relationship with your commanding officer . . . then, I'd say my father again. But if you're aiming to impress someone, I'd focus on my mother and sister. I'm sure that if you play your cards right, they will be easily swayed by your charm. They'll fall for you.”
“You sure?” the Fullmetal asked uncertainly.
Without hesitation, Roy looked down at the profile of his young lover's face and stated, “I certainly did.”
Ed's eyes widened for a moment, then softened with a small smile. “Yeah . . .” He turned and grinned up at the Flame. “With one Mustang wrapped around my little finger, the other three should be no problem.”
“Edward, let us remember that it is usually you who is wrapped around me." He paused, giving time for the innuendo to sink in, then continued in a quiet voice, "And since when have you started referring to yourself as 'little'?"
It was a sign of just how worried the Fullmetal actually was about meeting Roy's family when he didn't explode in his typical 'who-are-you-calling' rage at the comment. Ed just huffed and looked back down as the three new Mustangs neared the bottom steps.
Roy sighed, tearing his eyes away from the comfort of Edward's faceeven if it was now scowling in derisionand settling back on his approaching family.
This was going to be a long week.
Please review. The other chapters will be up soon, promise.