Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Her Knight In Shining Armor ❯ Painful Past and Present ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters Ed, Al, Winry or the basis for their past history. They belong to the creators of Full Metal Alchemist. I also don't own any of the fairytales mentioned. I don't own much of anything…
Warning: There will be some references made to the show. It won't give away anything about the ending… I don't think… Anyway there will be threats of rape and murder. Not too vivid though.
There will also be spelling mistakes due to where Lorna originates from. I allowed some spelling error because it's words she would use. And I don't want any flames on it. I'm from where she's from so I just had her speak the way I do!
Chapter Twenty Four: Painful Past and Present
When I made it to the metropolis I went back to my old apartment building. Even if they didn't have any available they'd know where I could find one.
They did have a small place on the second floor.
I walked in to the apartment exhausted. I hadn't slept since the night before I'd found out about Al. The past occupant had left a broken table and chair, but that was all. I shut the door and locked it.
Throwing down my stuff I ran into the bathroom. I felt sick, like I always had when I got really upset.
That night I laid on the floor with only Ed's blanket for comfort. I took out the statue of Al and ran my finger across the edges.
`He ain't even real.' I thought the tears coming back to me.
As I began to fall asleep the stone around my neck started to glow.
During the night I saw visions of what Ed and Al had done. I watched as Al was taken from his brother. Saw Edward draw the circle in the armor with blood. Winry had been a child then too. Her grandmother had been the one to create Ed's automail.
He joined the military to find out about the Philosopher's Stone. Al followed him, faithful all the way. Then I saw Al questioning his own humanity.
No!” I screamed out to Al in the dream, but he didn't hear me. He ran from his brother, believing himself to be a fake. He'd been hurt so badly. Still out of faith and love they managed to work things out.
Edward carried the weight of their actions on his shoulders. It followed him like a dark shadow. Al tried hard to be happy, to live a normal life. He watched his brother sleep. Watched Winry grow and changed.
The two brothers saw things I could never have imagined. Horrors no youth should have to deal with. But they stood together, trying to brave the lives they'd made for themselves.
As I woke the dreams seemed distance. I couldn't remember most of them only that they had been about Alphonse and Edward. I got up and decided to start a new life. I had to, or I'd break down again.
Another month came and went. I felt as if time were creeping along at the speed of a snail. I'd called Winry to tell her I'd found a place. She'd pleaded for me to talk with Al but I refused her. “I still need to think.” I'd told her. And now, a month later, I was still confused.
“Lorna baby there you are!” I smiled as Chad walked up the street. “I missed you yesterday.” He took me into his arms and kissed me.
I tried to kiss back but found my mind wandering through the dreams I'd shared with Al.
“Hey, I just needed some time alone.” My smile was a complete fake.
“I can come over if you want some cheering up.” He offered looping a hand around my waist and leading me down the street. I nodded.
Back at my place we stood in the living room. “Come on honey, we've been together two weeks. You need to loosen up.”
Chad had his arms around me and I could smell where he'd been drinking again.
“You know I'm waiting for marriage.” I pushed him back. `Why did I think I needed a real man?'
“Look darling there's plenty of women out there.” He pulled me into another kiss. My eyes were looking at the statue of Al. I missed him so much.
I pushed Chad back again. “I told you no!”
“Look girl, you're trying my patience.” He grabbed my arms and slammed me against a wall.
I squirmed, “Let go!”
He shook his head and leaned in close to kiss me. I bit his lip, hard.
“Damn it girl!” He threw me onto the ground. “Fine! You better ready by tonight cuz I'm gonna be back!” He kicked me hard in the side before leaving. He slammed the door behind him causing a picture to jump off the wall.
Tears streaked down my face. I had to get away now. `But where to go?' I stood trying not to throw up.
I grabbed my backpack and threw in the statue of Al and my flowers. I packed my writing and artwork but left everything else. I started down the stairs. Remembering the blanket I started to turn back but decided it wasn't worth it. I had to leave!
The stone necklace bounced against my chest. Outside it was staring to get warmer and I only needed a light jacket. I went down to the office and turned in the key.
“But why do you have to go Lorna?” The owner asked worried.
“Family emergency. I've gotta go to them.” I said then turned and left.
`Family. That's it. I can go back home. Back to Al.' My heart was pounding as I ran to the train station. My side ached but I didn't slow down.
I knew better than to try and go to the police. Chad had connections. When he'd first shown an interest in me he was wearing a business suit and tie. It was just a cover for his real job. My nice guy turned into a nightmare overnight.
His business didn't reach beyond the city, so I'd be safe in the country. Besides home was days away, he didn't know my past and wouldn't be able to find me. At least that's what I hoped.
Author's Notes
Lorna: I hurt!
Joy: I'm sorry Lorna… but I had to get you back to Al…
Lorna: Will he take me back? Wait the next chapter is You Can't Go Home Again!
Joy: Please keep reading everyone.