Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Her Knight In Shining Armor ❯ You Can’t Go Home Again… ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters Ed, Al, Winry or the basis for their past history. They belong to the creators of Full Metal Alchemist. I also don't own any of the fairytales mentioned. I don't own much of anything…
Warning: There will be some references made to the show. It won't give away anything about the ending… I don't think… Anyway there will be threats of rape and murder. Not too vivid though.
There will also be spelling mistakes due to where Lorna originates from. I allowed some spelling error because it's words she would use. And I don't want any flames on it. I'm from where she's from so I just had her speak the way I do!
Chapter Twenty Five: You Can't Go Home Again…
On the train I started thinking about what all I'd said to Al. A month had passed since I'd left. What would he think of me now? How would he react to what I'd gotten into? No, I wouldn't tell him. I'd get to town and rent a room somewhere, and then I'd try to work things out.
As the train pulled to a stop, my insides ached. I'd found that there was a large bruise where Chad had kicked me. My back was also red where I'd hit the wall and floor. My body hurt all over.
I looked out the window and then stood. Everything I owned was now contained in my backpack. The one thing I didn't own anymore, that was already here, was my heart. Al still held that.
I walked off the train and out into the sunshine. My hair was a mess and my head spun. I stumbled to a hotel and checked in.
“There's no drinking in the rooms.” The owner asserted glaring at me sternly. I only nodded. “How will you be paying?”
I reached into my wallet. To my horror I realized I had no money. “I… I can't.” I was ready to cry.
“Maybe next time you should stay out of the bars. Next please!” I tuned away from the counter with a heavy heart. I'd spent most of my money on the train tickets. Now what was I supposed to do?
I walked until I found my self in front of Mrs. Yourth's house. I knocked lightly hoping she was home.
She opened the door smiling but when she realized who I was she frowned. “You can't come in.”
I looked at her with broken eyes. “But…”
“You hurt Al. How could you do that Lorna? He used to be so helpful. Now no one sees him any more.” She shook her head then closed the door.
I tried several other people I knew but got the same response and Nate had moved on. No one knew why I'd run out on him but everyone seemed to despise me.
`I've got no home now.' My heart sank. `Maybe I should-a stayed and let Chad kill me.'
I began walking, not sure where I was going. If the people of the town were so mad at me then Edward must hate me. I didn't want to think about what Al must feel toward me.
As I walked the sun sank. I didn't care anymore where I was going. It didn't seem to make any difference.
I looked up and saw my old home. The lights were all on, just as they had been when I had come home for Christmas. I could see Ed in his study looking through books. I could hear Winry out back working on something. But there was no sign of Al.
`I can't go there. They'll hate me.' I could take it if the town turned me away. I could have stood through being screamed at by Ed, or even a lecture from Winry. But I wouldn't be able to live if Al hated me.
I shook my head and sat down, just watching the house. Slowly over time, the lights were shut off and the noises stopped. Everything went still.
I got up and walked to the front steps. Taking off the ring I set it on the top step. Beside that I put the flowers Winry and Ed had made. Lastly I sat down the statue of Al. These things didn't belong to me anymore. I didn't have a right to keep them.
I walked around to the back of the house and looked up. There was a light on in my window. `It ain't my window anymore.' I thought sorrowfully.
I turned my back and began walking. Again I'd have start anew. This time I had nothing. No job, no money, no food, nothing.
`I won't love again.' I thought. `How can I when Alphonse holds my heart?'
I walked until I could go no further. My side hurt badly. Breathing was now painful. I collapsed onto the ground. As I did, I saw a flash of light. `So there is a light at the end.' My mind then went blank as the darkness captured me.
Author's Notes
Joy: What can I say? Keep reading.