Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer ❯ Meeting Mustang Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
MEETING MUSTANG CHAPTER 2



I still don't own FMA. I just don't think that they like creem puffs. I offered enough for Ultan McGlone not to turn down.




I still own Richard Hawkeye and I also own Brian Mustang.









"I don't see why I have to dress up for this." Riza whined as her father tried to get her to brush her hair and get it out of the pony tail. She finally got tired of him pulling at it and gave in and took the brush.


Her father sat on the bed and tried to explain as best as he could. "Riza, this is my first student in years and my last student was your brother, I have to make a good impression. I haven't done this in a long time and I'd like your support and you to be right beside me. You know all of the things he's going to learn anyway, maybe you'll be able to help explain something in a way he'll understand, a way that I won't be able to teach him."


Riza finished brushing her hair and turned to her dad. "I don't understand how you think I can help." She was sort of confused about what he said.


"He's your age so maybe you can explain in a way that will relate to him more." Her father wasn't even completely sure himself what that was supposed to mean.


Riza nodded and went to go put her shoes on. Her father smiled that she understood, even though he didn't know what he just said. He's had a lot of things to think about. Then Riza had something to say, right as he was about to walk out the door. "Dad," he turned right by the door, "Why do we have to make a good impression, isn't it supposed to be him to make a good impression, I mean, he wants to make sure that you'll except him as a student?"



Her father just sighed, trying to find something to say. "you've made a good point, but I don't want him to be thinking that we don't care what he thinks of us."


Riza stood up after she put her shoes on, "I don't care what he thinks about me. He should respect you because you're his teacher, he doesn't even have to look at me while he's here."


Her father was proud of her persistance, but not right now. "Riza, I know that you can make a good point and know when no one can respond to it, but I want you to know, that it doesn't really matter right now because he is going to be here any minute. Now get down stairs and wait for me to come down." He sort of ended up screeming at her at the end making her eyes widen, he didn't screen unless he was really angry.


"Yes sir." Riza calmly said as she decended the staircase. 'I shouldn't have argued with him so much today, he has a lot on his mind and he's been having a lot of strees lately too. I have to at least try to help.


Somewhere in her toughts she ended up walking right outside and seeing Chris. Chris was just on his way over to see if she wanted another bike race if she didn't 'cheet' as he always said she did. She saw him and saw that he was in front of her house for a reason but she didn't know what yet, so she was waiting for him to say something. But there was nothing said. She was already in a bad mood and didn't have time to stand there all day and wait for him to say something. "What!"


"You, umm, your dressed like a girl," he was shocked.


That's when she got mad, "I am a girl," she said sternly.


"Well yeah I knew that before, but I guess it doesn't matter what you dress like," he came to his scences and went back to thoughts of humiliation. "You'll never act like a girl, no matter if you dress like one or not."


Riza was about to go after him, but then she relised that she didn't want to disapoint her dad, he was really nervous after all.


Then Chris saw that she stopped and thought he'd continue because he never could go this long without being hurt after something like what he just said. "Well, I came here to see if you wanted to race again, but seeing as you're trying to be a girl for some reason, well, a girl could never beat a boy."


Riza started to walk towards him while speaking, "I've beaten you every other time."


Chris smirked, "Well you weren't being a girl before." Right then they started running for their bikes and started to race.


They raced around the house and quite unlucky for Riza, it was right when she saw her dad leaving the house to meet a man about his age with a younger boy. The boy looked at her with a confused look, he was wondering what kind of girl rides a bike in a dress, she could see what he was thinking in his eyes. She was so mezmerized by watching him watch her and reading his thoughts, that she didn't hear Chris yelling at her because....................BAM! Then everyone heard her screem. She ran her bike directly into a tree.....and Chris that was trying to flag her down.


Her dad, his friend, and the boy ran over to see if they were okay. The boy helped Chris stand up after making sure he wasn't hurt. Riza looked up and saw all the people around her. She also saw the anger in her father's eyes. She looked up and gave him an awkward smile, she knew she was in a lot of trouble. Her father helped her up and tried to hold in how mad he was, at least while his long time friend was there, he couldn't stay for long anyway.


"Well, I guess this is different than I exspected to introduse you to one another. Brian, this is my daughter, Riza. Riza, this is my good friend Brian and his son Roy. Roy is going to be staying here while I help him learn some alchemy concepts. You already know some things so I was thinking that if he needed any help you might be able to explain things in a way that I couldn't," Her father was hoping that she wouldn't have a problem with that.


Riza nodded, she would help if he needed her to, but she didn't think he would, in her opinion, her father was very good at explaining things, that's probably were she got it from. "I can do that," she replied, no exactly thrilled about her father's suggestion.


Roy, on the other hand, did want her help at all. "Her," Roy pointed at the girl covered in dirt while looking at his father, "you want me to learn from her," by now he was looking at his new alchemy teacher. "That's never going to work, she's a girl! What would she know about how to explain alchemy?"


Riza looked at him with a disgusted look at his unbelievably sexest comment. Even though she knew her father wouldn't like it, she spoke up anyway, Chris always did say that she never thought before she spoke. "Excuse me! Just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I can't know something about alchemy!" She stepped forward, just out of her father's grasp without moving.


Roy rolled his eys at this, he knew he was right. "Well, I guess a girl could try to learn if they wanted to, but they'd never be good enough to become a state alchemist, or even just a really good alchemist in a small town like this,'" he said with a smirk that Riza thought she'd end up see ing quiet a lot of.


"I never said I wanted to be a state alchemist, I don't even really care about being an alchemist. I know some things because I helped my brother when he was learning. I also thought that it would come in handy when I...," she stopped herself before giving away exactly what she was thinking. She wanted to be in the military to help her brother and she had the skills for it too, but she didn't want her dad to know that. But she had to finish her thought, or else the sexest know-it-all standing in front of her would say that boys are smarter than girls, the none ending sentence she said would have proved it. "...When I grow up and get a job, maybe I'll have to be neer alchemist, it would be better if I knew something about alchemy than knowing nothing."


"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Her father didn't want to hear this arguement anymore. He knew his daughter well enough to know that this would soon, not only be a battle of words. He didn't want Brian or Roy to think it wouldn't be safe for him to stay here with them. "Riza, go get cleaned up and go to your room, I'll tell you when dinner's ready. Chris you can go home now, Riza won't be out after dinner." Riza just stared at her father when he said this, he never got that angry at her, but then again, now he had a lot more responsilility he had to take on. She went up to the house after apologizing to Roy and his father. Chris left and hoped he'd be able to see Riza the next day. Although, he did think that it would be interesting if arguing with this new kid would change that way she acted. He thought about that and desided agenst it, 'I guess all a guy can do is dream.'



With that ending, Riza woke up to her flashback of a dream that she's had that whole week. 'I guess I really have changed, Chris will be one surprized fool when he sees me Saturday. He'll never believe how much I changed. He'll also be surprised to see I'm working, and protecting, Mustang. We didn't get along at al before this will be interesting. I just hope nothing major happens while he's here. She was done with her morning thoughts and went to get ready for work.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N~ So here's the second chapter. I was sort of stuck half way through it but now I have more ideas for this story. i just don't know how I'm going to get there. I'll figure it out. I'm going on vacation next week and then I'll be starting soccer practices. I'm not ready for that at all. The point is, is that I might not be updating as often as I wish I could. Thanks for the reviews that I got from the last chapter. I'm sorry about the spelling because I can't spell worth crap. I also am sorry if the chapters are too detailed because English is my best subject and I usually have to put a lot of detail in the stories, but sometimes I think I have too much detail. It's just easier to write with detail than to change over the summer and then change back when I start school. I know it doesn't make much scence but it does to me. Sort of. So here's chapter two. I hope you liked it. I have no clue when I'll update it again but I'm hoping it won't take very long.~~~HopelessDeath-73