Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer ❯ Morning Meeting With Maes And An Unexspected Run-In Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Morning Meeting With Maes And An Unexspected Run-In Chapter 3



Disclaimer-I don't own FMA, maybe I'll offer cookie dough this time.
(I LOVE COOKIE DOUGH i LOVE COOKIE DOUGH.) (Yeah, you really don't want to know where that came form)
I may not own Fma =( or any cookie dough=(( but I do own Evelyn Maveric (based on my good friend Adriana)




It was a perfectly normal day in the office. Everyone has the usual paperwork. Jean Havoc smoking his cigarette. Kain Fuery taking care of Black Hayate. Haymans Breda trying to stay as far away from the dog without attracting too much attention, and horribly failing. Valto Falman (I know there's a million ways people write his name but this is what my website said so this is what I'm useing.) trying to ignore what's going on and actually geting some work done. Riza Hawkeyealready done with her work and reading her book, with amaxing concentration. And Roy Mustang watching the madnessin his office. But it's never any tru madness without one one man in the room, a man that needs no introduction: Maes Hughes.


Maes Hughes walked in every day to see his old friend to take him away from the work, that he wasn't doing in the first place, for a little while to chat and give an update on recent events.


The latest thing going on in Central, was the alchemy exam, but this one was a first. It was not only the first to have a woman compete, but also to win.


The office door swung open only to see Maes standing in the doorway. He let himself in after the little wake up call to anyone that wasn't really paying attention to anything besides Breda hiding from Black Hayate. "Hello everyone," he didn't exspect much of a reply.


Roy Mustang looked up and growned, "Morning Hughes." That was more of any type of greeting that he would have ever seen in the office any other time.


"Well, don't sound too excited to see me Roy. You know you love to see me when I visit everyday."


Mustang answered, hoping his friend had something important to say, "Did you have something to say Hughes?" He picked up his pen and pretended to work, hoping that if Maes would be faster if he saw Roy actually doing something for once.


"Well," Maes started with a goofy grin on his face, "I did get a little more information on the new state alchemist."


This caught Roy's attention. He thought this 'information' as Maes put it, was probably something either interesting, or unexsplainable by the look on Maes' face. With a sort of a confused look on his face, Roy began, "I didn't even know that they finnish that. I've been so caught up in reports about this military murderer to really know anything that's going on outside of the office." He thought he'd keep the part about the scattard dates though out the week to himself. His co-workers didn't have to know everything that went on in his life, although they'd probably find out anyway, somehow.


"Well sir," a voice came for the busy subordinates behind Hughes. For the first time today someone other than Mustang and Hughes had really said anything other than 'hello' or 'morning.' "If you would do your work while you are in the office, you wouldn't have to take so many papers home with you." Riza Hawkeye finnished her thought before going back to her reading.


Mustang looked over at her, only to see that she never even looked up from her book while speaking to him. He knew she had very good concentration, but wow. Before he could answer her about how she didn't have to say that even though he knew very well that she was right, Hughes spoke first.


"Okay, I'll tell you about them," Maes said with the intention of speaking before his friend could say something that he would very well regret. "First of all, she is the first woman to compete, and pass all parts of the exam." By now he got the attention of all of the guys in the room. Even Black Hayate wanted to know what they were listening to sence no one was paying attention to him anymore. "Second, you're not really supposed to know this yet, but I'm sure they'll tell you soon enough, that she will be working here and one of your subordinates as the rank of Major."


"What does she do?" Havoc said in between cigarettes.


"I was just getting to that." Maes turned around to Havoc and then back to Mustang. "Okay Roy, I don't know if she has a short temper or if she will be of any problem for you, but you must be warned, not to piss her off." Maes said all serious, like it could be deadly or something."She is the Aqua Alchemist, so she will be able to put you fire out if you get on her nerves and either one of you loose your tempers. But what makes makes me mad is that I can't remember her name." Maes' expretion changed from serious to dazed and confused in a matter of seconds. "All I really know about her is that she's twenty-eight, and she is form some small town in the west called Melinder or something like that." Maes still couldn't remember her name.


Hawkeye looked up at the mention of the town of Melinder. Melinder is where she grew up, her home town, and she was trying to think of someone that was around her age that might have known alchemy. But Melinder was a pretty large town, but still fairly small at the same time. She didn't know everyone there, just everyone that lived in her area of the town. It could have been anyone.


"She's supposed to start working today or tamarrow, I'm sure they'll let you know when they call to inform you about her. And one more thing, when you do find out her name, give me a call and let me know, it's killing me." He just finnished his statement as if it were a clue for the phone to ring that very minute.


After Mustang got off the phone he announced to his office that she will start working today, but he never caught her name. Maes could have hit him for not asking that. It was going to drive him insane until he found out.(Don't you hate when that happens)


There was a long silence in the room, which was rare while Hughes was in the room. Usually the talk about Roy getting a wife, or at least a steady girlfriend. Or pictures flying out of his wallet everywhere. (We're just going to ignore the fact that that's the reason Envy knew to turn into his wife and kill him, but you know, it happens.)


While reading reports about the murders of military personel, Roy relised that the muderer was off the map for a long time, too long. Almost two months now. All the reports started to be about the same thing. "Hey Hughes, have there been any recent murders by this 'Military Murder'?"


"It's a Scar wanna be if you ask me," Havoc said to know one in perticular.


Breada gave him a wierd look for that, "No, you idiot, Scar used alchemy to tear state alchemist's heads to shreads, his guy just shoots everybody," he said as if he was right even though the way he said it didn't really sound like he knew anything important. Havoc started to explain how it was Scar that origally started killing people, and this person also does, but Breada fought back. This went on for a good twenty minutes or so.


Maes got up from his chair he was sitting in, and walked over towards Roy, "No, actually, it's pretty wierd, it seems to me that he stops just when the military was going to do something about it. It's sort of like he just quit." Maes was pretty confused with what this guy was doing.


Mustang didn't believe that he was gone for good for a second, No, that's can't be right. That may just be what he wants the military to believe. We're here and watching ourselves, and the minute we let our gaurd down, BAM! more are dead." Roy got a little too excited with his expenation and clapped his hands to emphasize the 'bam' and it made everyone in the room jump.


"You might just have something there Roy," Maes said while walking towards the door, "Well, I'll run your idea by Haroku (also sometimes spelled differently but this is what my website said sorry for the inconvienence) later on today, but I better get back before someone notices how long I've been taking my luch break. See ya later Roy, I'll call you if I find something. Bye," Hughes said in a rush while walking out and closing the door behind him.


Mustang picks up his coffee mug to see that there's nothing in it. "That man makes me tired," he said while holding out the empty mug. "Hawkeye, will you go get me some coffee so I might be able to get some of this this done?" He said although he wasn't really sure if by the time he drank the coffee if he'd actually do any work. Hawkeye takes the mug and walks out to get the much needed coffee for the Colonel.


On the way back to the office, Riza Hawkeye wasn't paying attention to the very few people in the halls at the time. She was concentrating on the full mug of coffee in her hands for Mustang. She was trying not to spill the sculding liqued down her hand. Mustang liked his coffee black, so sence there was nothing to cool it down, even in the slightest, it would have been very hot. But sure enough, because of her lack of attention to what was going on aound her she ran strait into someone.


She spilled the coffee all over the floor, luckly none of it got on either of them. "I'm sorry, ma'am," Hawkeye explained and then added the 'ma'am' when she relized that the officer in front of her was suppior to her.


"No, no, that's alright. I wasn't looking either, I'm new here and I don't know where I'm going. Let me help you clean that up,' the officer was nervous, not knowing where she was, she had to be. It was a big building.


Hawkeye looked up while standing after she cleaned up what was on that floor, "Thank you, but I have it taken care of, would you like me to point you in the right direction ma'am?"


The officer smiled and nodded, "Thank you, I'm looking for Colonel Mustang's office. I'm sorry I never introduced myself, I'm Major Evelyn Maveric, the Aqua Alchemist." Maveric said while holding out her hand for a hand shake.


"I'm... wait, Evelyn Maveric?" Hawkeye said a little confused, while relizing who was in front of her.


The major looked at her also confused and then a little under her breath said, "Well, I'll be damned, Riza Hawkeye?"


Riza smiled at her old friend, "Lieutenant Hawkeye, but yes. I haven't seen you in a long time."


"Much too long. I should have figured you would be here. You must be a state alchemist too," Evelyn also learned alchemy from Riza's father.


"No, I didn't have any talent in that," she waved her childhood friend to fallow her back to the lucj room to get more coffee.


"Well, I think I'll have to catch u with you later, I'm already late, and I don't want to make the colonel mad," Maveric relized she was already 30 minutes late.


"I'm sure you'll make him mad somewhere along the line anyway. Besides, no one ever told him the time you were supposed to show up. And I'll have your back on this one." Riza replied while walking toward Mustang's office. "I work with him too, as well as some other, well, interesting people. You don't have to worry about being on his good side, no one really is. I'm sure you will be the least of his problems."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N) I am rediculously sorry it took me soo long to update this. I planned on having it up earlier but thanks for baring with me and still reading. I suck at spelling so please try to restrain from telling me this. I love the reviews, really, I'm just tired of hearing that my spelling pretty much sucks. Not that anyone said that. But it's the truth. I honestly have no clue when I'll update it, so just review if your getting impatient with me and I'll try as hard as I can. And yes another thing, I know that Maes is dead but that's just too bad. He's here, he's back, and he's as annoying as ever. that's about it Thanks for still reading.


Love and Peace

HopelessDeath-73 <3