Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer ❯ A Walk With Havoc and Maveric Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Walk With Maveric And Havoc Chapter 4

I don't own FMA, not even cookie dough would help, but now I have all this cookie dough and no where to put it, any ideas?

I do own Major Evelyn Maveric though so don't take her.




Riza Hawkeye, coffee in hand, walks into Roy Mustang's office with the new Major behind her as she stood in the doorway. By the look on the Colonel's face, he wasn't so happy. She had been gone for almost twenty minutes getting coffee that shouldn't take more than ten minutes to get to him.

"What took you you so long! It took you almost twice as long as it usually takes you!" Mustang yelled without really relizing it. He was upset, but he wasn't really as mad as he made it seem. 'Damn, now I look like a jack ass.'

"I'm very sorry, sir, please lower your voice," Hawkeye didn't even flinch when he yelled over a cup of coffee.

"Don't tell me to lower my voice Lieutenant, just tell me why it took you so long to get a stupid cup of coffee," even though he told her not to tell him to lower his voice, he did anyway ' now I look and sound like an evenbigger jack ass'.

"I ran into someone, sir," she said without changing any pitch or tone in her voice, she never did. She carefully put the mug onto the wooden desk in front of the Colonel.

He sort of laughed a little when he heard she 'ran into someone.' "Excuse me, you, of all people in this biulding, 'ran into someone.' I mean seriously Hawkeye, that did make me laugh I won't deny that, but tell me the real reason why you were late."

"Actually sir," a new voice entered the room. "The Lieutenant is telling you what really happened. I'm Major Evelyn Maveric, Aqua Alchemist. I was told you were informed about my working here," Maveric said calmly while saluting Mustang.

"That's right," Mustang started as he turned around toward the new alchemist, "I was told you would be here sometime today." 'opps, I guess even Hawkeye can be clumsy sometimes.' "Nice to meet you Major, take the empty seat next to Hawkeye there and once you get settled, I'll give you some papers to fill out," he simply said while pointing to the seat in question and walking back to his desk.

It was a pretty normal day and by now Mustang had told Havoc to show Maveric around the building and the barracks were she would be staying. They walked around the building and surrounding areas. Although, as if he really new very much about where they were at at the moment, Havoc explains something about where they were walking. As he was talking, Maveric wasn't really paying attention to what he has to say. She was focused on the cigarette in his mouth. She hated people that smoked, she couldn't understand why people thought it was a good idea to put tobacco in some paper, light it, and stick it in their mouths. (A/N yea that sounds so stupid but bere with me)

Major Evelyn Mavric walked beside Lieutenant Jean Havoc, twitching a little as she smelled the cigarette smoke wafting around her. It wasn't exactly the most pleasent of smells.

“Why do you smoke?” she asked interrupting his speech about what was where around the barracks.

“Because it’s…relaxing,” Havoc shrugged.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. “There has got to be a better reason then that,” she said annoyed. “Are you terminally ill that you can just smoke your life away?”

“Well…no…” Havoc blinked. “And why are you so concerned anyways?”

Evelyn sniffed and grabbed the cigarette out of his mouth. She proceeded to step on it until it was no longer in existence. “Because it annoys the hell out of me,” she replied calmly straightening her uniform. While Havoc reached for another cigarette. He began to light the thing but Evelyn blew out the match he had in his hands. This same process continued for a little while until Havoc was on his last nerve.

“Stop it!” he yelled like a child.

“No,” Evelyn replied just the same. Havoc was on his last match in the box, so he quickly ran away from Evelyn and lit his cigarette happily.

“You’re ruining your lungs, you idiot!” she yelled chasing him and tackling him to the ground. She took the cigarette out of his mouth and rolled off of him. Havoc glared at her and tried to get it back but Evelyn successfully snuffed it out.

“NOOOO!” Havoc cried and mourned the loss of his cigarette. He needed matches, and he needed them now.

“Oh stop whining you big baby,” said Evelyn dusting herself off. “I did you a favor.”

“But my cigarettes,” whined Havoc. “I need nicotine!” Evelyn rolled her eyes and helped Havoc off the ground.

“You really need something to get your mind off of smoking,” She mused thinking. “I could only assume that a guy like you would have a girlfriend or something?” That made Havoc even more depressed.

“No.” Evelyn looked at him stunned.

“Well, that's what smoking'll get you. But, not everyone would hate as much as I do myself, so yea why not?” she asked surprised and a little confused, but that was her own fault.

Havoc just looked at her. “I ask again, why do you care?”

“Just tell me why Havoc, before I decide to drop kick you,” Evelyn said unamused.

“Fine,” muttered Havoc, “every girl I date either hates me, won’t go out with because I am not their type, or-” Havoc sniffed and tried to gain some sympathy but held back the tears so he wouldn't look like a pansie. “They fall in love with Mustang! He always steals girls from me.”

Evelyn blinked for a moment. “Well that's," she started trying to find the right words without seeming to harsh, but needless to say, that didn't work very well. "That’s pathetic,”she said while shaking her head back in forth trying to understand how much of a problem that would be. “But, I can see why you have that problem. Mustang is a very good looking man.”

“See!” bellowed Havoc. “Now you’re in love with him to!”

She looked at him with a sort of 'how the hell did you come to that conclusion' look in her face. “No,” Evelyn said. “I just said he was good looking. That doesn’t mean I am going to drop everything and date him. There is a difference.”

“Women, you make everything seem so rational,” mumbled Havoc.

“Ok Lieutenant, stop whining and take me to my barracks please, because I am dead tired and I need sleep,” Evelyn said, ignoring that last comment that he make and the way he said 'women' as if every women were the same.

“Yeah, yeah,” Havoc waved her off and got up. She looked over at him with a glare by the way he was acting. Luckily, for Havoc's safety, he noticed why she glared at him like that. "I mean," he straited up and saluted, "Ma'am yes Ma'am!" He didn't really notice that he was shouting. Maveric just sighed and started walking.

A/N Sorry this one's so short. I'm tiredish and bored and that's pretty much the only reason this is up so early, considering I have no other time to write it and I actually had a basic idea of what I was typing. I'd hate to do this but I want to make sure people are still reading so I won't update for until I get 5 reviews. I hate doing this butyea that's basically it. Also, I'm tired of ever review I see saying that I can't spell. I know this already and I tell you in the Author notes so you don't have to let me know. So if anyone does tell me, it's costing you two days before the chapter goes up for every spelling/grammar review I get. I'm just sick of them. I love the reviews, but every one I get says that in it. I love you guys that read this and I love you even more if you review so make the love go around a little more.

HopelessDeath-73