Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Memories ❯ Heartache ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

az: "smirk" It seemed as if there's a hint of RoyXEd, huh? but no... hehehee...


Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or Hagaren of either the anime or the manga. Well, I DO own a state alchemist pocket watch and Ed plushie and the anime dvds.... Though if I OWNED Hagaren... won't I really be able to transmute anything? Hmm... Will I cosplay as Roy... or Ed in military suit? Of course it wud be Roy!! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Arakawa Hiromu WARNING: If you don't like any normal pairings or the anime/manga, shouldn't you NOT be in here?

Memories.... Heartache Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie

 

Roy cautiously opened the door as he waved towards the people inside the room.  ‘Ehehehe.... ja!!’, he chirped before hastily ran pass the corridors. Some of the nearby nurses and patients looked passed him as they wondered why the young general acted like that. The instant that thought started to settle, the door of the room which the general had been from, opened abruptly as another patient... shorter than him, ran off after the said brigadier general Roy Mustang.

‘WHO YOU’RE CALLING--- COME-BACK-HERE-YOU-TAISA-I-WANNA-GIVE –YOU-A-SMACK-ON-THE-HEAD---!!‘, cried Edward as he, injured as he is... chased after the fleeing man. The rest of the people who had been noticing Roy Mustang peculiar behavior just now, froze as the golden tuft of wind breezed passed them.

Moments later, Riza Hawkeye walked up towards them and bowed apologetically. ‘Gomen... Sorry to disturb you all...’, she said and gave salute towards the other military officers, who were also the patients. The woman looked away towards the fleeting direction as the others caught up with her. ‘Where—‘

‘There!!’, she pointed as Havoc gaped his mouth at her. ‘Havoc and Fuery -- secure the north entrance, Armstrong - you watched south, I'm after them. Others.... you guys do what you guys want to do! We should be ready before the storm ended!!', barked the lieutenant as she vanished from sight. Havoc and the others froze for a moment before realizing the meaning...

'Hai... the lieutenant colonel was something. We know we're in the military but...', Havoc started to say before Breda stopped him. 'Just do as she says... okay? Anyway, we have a lot of work to do....', he said as he winked at him. Havoc shrugged. 'Guess so... isn't it? BG and Ed must not stumble back here before that, huh? Alright... let's go Fury..', he added as he walked away with Fuery.

Maria Ross laughed as she glanced towards the others. 'I guess it's left to us!! Winry-san, care to help--?', chirped the woman as Winry nodded.

'And may I offer my help?!!', cried Armstrong as Maria looked at him in horror. 'Lieutenant colonel!! Hawkeye-san had told you to watch the second entrance!! We won't want Mustang-san and Ed drop in before the suprise!!', she said almost hysterically as Armstrong relented and headed to his post.

Winry chuckled as Hohenheim merely shrugged over it. He sighed. 'I guess I'll be at Ed's room if you guys needed me...', he said finally as he walked back towards the hospital room. Winry looked towards him in wonder as Izumi softly tapped her shoulder. 'I'm going after that kid...'

Winry glanced before her as the woman shrugged and started to walk away, waving at her. 'I still had to teach someone something to think about, that stupid kid--', she hollered as Winry smiled weakly...

--

'GET BACK HERE!!! YOU... CHILDISH BASTA--!! Ungh--'

Roy stopped laughing as he noticed that Ed has abruptly stopped yelling at him and turned back. To his surprise, he saw Ed kneeling in pain as he clutched his chest. He immediately rush over as Ed looked up towards him.

'Mustand-tai-- Roy-san, what... happened to ...me?', Ed struggled to say as Roy gentle held him to his side. But then he noticed where Ed had clutched and suddenly remembered what Winry had told him and Riza long time ago in a letter when he had asked about what happened to Ed, few month ago...

'Roze-san... she said that... when Ed had came back from the other side, Envy and him...

...It was so quick, even she said that she still could not believed it. Seeing that... snapped her back to reality...'

'What do you mean... Winry?'

'...Envy... he... after showing Ed his true face... he ...pierced his hand through Ed's heart!! He... killed... Ed--!!'

  -

He killed Ed...

That sentence echoed in his mind as he remained still.

  -

'Taisa... had I... died before?'

Roy blinked as he looked back towards Ed, noticing the faraway look. He suddenly shrugged and started to change the topic. 'Ehehe... what are you talking about?! That... was nonse--'

'I suddenly remembered something... just now. I saw this guy... and somehow, I felt as if I knew him. He looked at me so hatefully... yet, I felt sorrow for no reason. I sensed that I also hated the guy... though still, I felt pity for him. And this pain... it felt so familiar. As if I had known this feeling of pain before...'

Roy looked at him in mixed alarm and panic as Ed stared towards him again. 'Is that true--? Had I... died before--?'

'So what if you did?'

Roy and Ed turned around and looked towards the speaker suddenly, as Izumi Curtis grinned towards them. She walked towards them and knelt before Ed as Roy noticed that Riza had also come with her.

Izumi smiled as she patted Ed's head fondly.

'What does it matter if the fact was true or not? You were alive Ed, and that was more important...', she said as Ed stuttered wordlessly.

'Sensei...', Ed gasped as the woman helped him to stand. Roy got up too as Riza walked to his side. Izumi gave a sigh. 'No wonder your memories had been taken away...', she muttered as she glanced at him. '--with everything that you have gone through and seen, you wouldn't have valued your life more than other people's. I think... that was why your father seemed relaxed... even at the fact that his beloved son did not have a memory of him. At least... for this last exchange, you would have been able to live a happy life without anymore sorrow and remorse buried deep. As a plus, now nobody will ever know anymore about creating the Philosopher Stone...'

Roy smiled weakly at that remark as Ed nodded in understanding. 'So... desu ka? Then... he and Al... were not angry at me?', he asked as Izumi looked at him in surprise. 'Of course no--t. How could you still--'

'Aaaah!!'

'Junsho... didn't I told you to be careful--?'

Izumi and Ed glanced at them in amusement as Roy pouted at Riza. 'I didn't see that!!', he cried as he recollected himself and brushed away some dust off his shirt. 'And who was the idiot to put that stray pot in the middle of the way--', he muttered angrily as he tried to hide the faint blush on his cheek when Riza had spontaniously grabbed him.

Riza hit him lightly on his head. 'With that one eye... you should have been more aware of your surroundings! Especially since you're the one who had been running around the place with Ed like a silly kid...'

'Wha-- I--', he stuttered as Riza dragged him by the ear. 'Come on... you two patients had been most troubling... let's get you back to your rooms...', she said sternly as both walked pass Izumi and Ed. 'Riza---', cried Roy, blushing even harder as Ed laughed at him.

'Hahaha... Roy-san, you know... if we can get a new eye and replaced it with that bad eye using Rankinjujitsu, you could have no more need for that eyepatch... and regain your perfect eyesight--'

Roy looked up towards Ed in wonder as Ed lightly fingered his right arm. 'This... was something that I just thought, from that faintest memories that I have left of the other world.', sighed Ed as he added. 'And it's not really Human Transmutation, so we won't have to worry much about the cost...'

Izumi frowned. 'Ed... did you still remembered about that forbidden transmutation... or the gate?', she asked as Ed shrugged. 'Some.... But I sort of remembered something from a strange world... about tranferring organs and sorts from a recently deceased person to another...'

Roy blinked at him silly as he smirked. 'Yaa... you shouldn't have been so nice to offer me help...', he said as he made a pose. Ed smirked back. 'Nah... just wanted to repay an old debt...', the lad grinned.

'Oh? You shouldn't have... I'm fine with this. Or else... I won't be receiving any more of Riza's 'special' care if I got back my perfect set of eyes...', said Roy playfully as Riza started hitting and tripping him off to ground. 'What did you say?! This will be a chance for you to get back to normal... and this is the only thing in your head?! You--'

'Aaah!!! No!!!', cried Roy as he lifted his arm to shield himself from Riza's bashing. Ed started chortling as he also jumped in and made fun of the brigadier general along with Hawkeye. Izumi laid back as she smiled over the obvious change in Ed...

 

 

'Stop it!! You guys!!', cried Mustang-junsho as Ed hadn't stopped making a mess off his hair. Riza suddenly stopped punching Roy as she kissed his cheeks. Roy looked at her dumbstruck as Riza grinned. 'Stupid you... if we could recover your other eye, then I could finally see that cute face of yours again... without that eye-patch--', she said as Roy blushed.

Ed grinned as he slapped him hard on the back. 'Yup!! And after then your wedding picture would not be so horrid-looking either... hahaha!!', he chirped as Roy glared at him red-faced.

'EDWARD!!!! STOP TEASING ME ABOUT THAT-AGAIN!!!', he screamed as Riza, Ed and Izumi laughed heartily...

--

Meanwhile, the remaining people at Ed's room saw the trio from the window and feeling a tad bit relieved. Hohenheim smiled. 'Somehow... I did not feel regret anymore, returning to this world...'

'Of course you won't...', said Al as he stood beside him. 'You got another chance to be with me and brother again...', said Al as Hohenheim patted his head.

'Indeed...'

 

(TBC)


az: Now lesse this.... Since i watched the japanese version of the anime, i often used japanese phrases in the fic to get to actual feel of the character. ::sigh:: and there’s sum common jpn words that I never bothered to explain again...

well.... here we go....

Taisa – Colonel

Junsho - Brig. Gen.

Chuui – Lieutenant

-san, -kun, -chan, -sama – honorifics

O-kaasan – mum

Oyaji, Otosan - dad

Touka Koukan – Equivalent Trade

Kenja no ishi – Philosopher Stone

Rankinjutsu - pharmacy, similar to alchemy but used by the Shin ppl more as a medical procedure.

and if u want to noe more of the common phrases in Hagaren.... go visit my lil section of it on my webbie...

And hope that this makes sense. I think I started to find it hard to write this... and I had a lot of assignments still unfinished too.... and sorry if the dialogues are a bit jumbled up here and there....