Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Memories ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ A - All Readers ]

az: hahahaha.... hope u guys luv this. I've edited chapter 8 to fit this side plot. hope you guys take note.

A/N : Something that I left out. About Hohenhime... and this I hadn't bothered to edit since it might destroy the existing flow. The exchange that occur in order for them to return.... and the touka koukan DID applied to both Ed and his father.

Ed's knowledge about the philosopher's stone + sadness + burden + Hohenheim's guilt + His ability to use alchemy and immortality = Chance to return to their world + new body for Hohenheim (mortal)

Let see.... the equation's a little too imbalanced isn't it? But then... that's was the genuine truth behind the truth of the gate, huh? hahahaha....


Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or Hagaren of either the anime or the manga. Well, I DO own a state alchemist pocket watch and Ed plushie and the anime dvds.... Though if I OWNED Hagaren... Toru Ohkawa will be my father!! Huahahahaha.... not! Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Arakawa Hiromu WARNING: If you don't like any normal pairings or the anime/manga, shouldn't you NOT be in here?

Memories.... Epilogue Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie

 

'Naa... I'm no kid... why you have to... eeh? Riza, where you taking us? Room's over that side--', pointed Roy as the lady dragged the two towards another corridor. 'You'll see...', said Hawkeye short as she let go of Ed's hand. Ed was about to ask again before Izumi shoved him along.

'Aaa... sensei! What's going on--?!', he ask with worry as Izumi just smiled. 'There's nothing to worry about...'

'There's no such thing as no such thing!! Where're we going?!', cried Ed helplessly as the two women dragged them toward a large hall. Just before the entrance, were Havoc and Winry waiting to greet them. Both boys hung their mouths open as Winry smiled at Ed.

'Don't worry... we're not fooling you guys or anything...', said Winry, grinning at them as she pulled on Ed's arm. Havoc smirked at his superior as he bowed.

'We did this all especially for you guys!! Come on in...', he said as he led them into the hall.

Inside, both Mustang and Edward gasped as they saw the huge banquet and the large banner before them...

--

:: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRIGADIER GENERAL MUSTANG AND WELCOME BACK EDWARD! WE LOVE YOU BOTH!! ::

Roy could not believe his eyes, even at the fact the he forgotten his own birthday at that. He could not stop himself from blinking his eyes and shaking his head very hard as he felt a loving arm wrapping his waist. He turn his face to his side as Riza kissed his cheeks.

'Relax.... and enjoy the party, kay?', she said as she let go. Roy's face flushed as he stammered, 'w...what the... Chuuisa!! You shouldn't--- It's embarrassing!! I don't--'

Hawkeye patted his head before pulling him towards the crowd. 'This is to make you remember that you're now 31 years old! And it so happened that Edward has return to us just before your birthday... isn't it convenient?', she said as Roy stuttered like a choked duck.

'Junsho... why don't you take it easy? It's not everyday that people made a party for you.', said Ed as he grinned at him. 'Yeah... and Riza-san has even ordered a special birthday cake for you!!', chirped Winry as she grinned.

Mustang blinked wordlessly, as Izumi shoved them around. 'Hey! This is no time to just chat... let's start the party!!', cried Izumi as Al, who had been near, jumped in joy. 'Yeah!! Let's get the party going!!', he cried as the rest of the crowd cheered. Ed, Winry and Riza happily shoved the man towards his birthday cake as Glacier appeared next to them. Roy looked at her in surprise as the woman smiled.

'Hawkeye-san had called me earlier about this abrupt and delightful news. So I bake this cake especially...', said Glacier as she smiled at Ed. 'Welcome back, Ed...', she said again as Ed returned the smile.

'Uncle Roy!! Here... your present!!', cried a sweet little voice as Hawkeye lifted the little girl.

Elysia Hughes shoved a small wrapped gift towards him as Roy froze. The little girl chuckled as she took the chance to place a party hat on Roy's head. 'Uh?!', he gasped as he was nudged by Ed and Riza. He turned towards them as Ed scoffed at him. 'Hey, birthday boy!! People are waiting for you!', he said as Roy smirked...

--

He carefully removed the ribbons and the paper packaging as he got out a small rectangular box. He opened it and pulled out a small picture frame. As he glanced over the picture, a smile crept into his features as he saw that Elysia had cut out pictures of him, Ed, Winry, Riza, herself and her parents and turned it into a collage, where it seemed as if all of them had taken a pictures together. Roy smiled again as he saw Hughes picture smiling at him.

He started to smirk. Hughes... your Elysia was exactly as you...

'Roy-san!!'

Roy jumped as Ed called out to him, with mouth full of cake. 'You better eat yours or else I'll finish your birthday cake myself!', he cried, chuckling as Roy glared at him back. 'Try if you dare! I won't let you off that easily...', he countered as he scooped a piece of his own cake slice and chomped on it. Glacier smiled as she patted Ed's shoulders. 'If you liked it so much, I'll bake another on your birthday later, okay? And I'll have Winry to help too..', she said as she winked at Winry. Ed blushed at that hidden joke but smiled at her. 'Okay!', he said as Al jumped at her.

'Auntie... this cake is so tasty!!', the young lad cried. Glacier smiled as she patted Al on the head...

--

'Want some?' The lad stared at the cake as he looked up towards the woman. 'It's good... try tasting it.', said Izumi again as she sat beside him. Wrath looked away as Izumi kept taunting him with the cake. And finally, he relented and scooped a small piece with his fingers and put it in his mouth. He gave a cry. 'Wow!! Tasty...', he said as he paused to look at Izumi, who gave him a gentle smile.

'I probably not as good as Glacier as to bake a good cake, but I could try. Can you... I mean, I hoped... you'll let me... to be your mother. Oh, that's impossible isn't it? You won't want me to--'

Wrath looked at her sorrowful face as he remember all those times when he had been embraced and cared by the woman. Those short moments before he had been taken away and met the other homunculus.

He placed a hand over hers as Izumi looked at him in surprise. 'Mama...', gasped Wrath as Izumi smiled and embraced him. 'Thank you... my child.', she gasped as Sig watched his wife with gladness.

--

'Grandma and Roze would be so glad to see you again, Ed!', cried Winry as Ed glanced towards her. 'I'll bet! I want to show Grandma Pinako how tall I have become... hahahaha...', he said as the music had changed into a slower waltz. He chuckled as he saw Mustang rose and asked Riza for a dance.

Following their actions, some of the other couples also rose and started dancing, even Izumi-sensei and her husband. He chuckled as he watched Maria Ross fleeing from Armstrong and opted for a dance with Lieutenant Breda. He smiled also as he watched Glacier-san dancing with Havoc.

'Ed, let's dance!' Ed jumped as he turned to find Winry holding out her hand towards him. He blushed as he held her hand. 'Winry... you are not supposed to do that!', he said, smirking. 'I'm the one supposed to ask you...', he added as Winry's grin grew wide. 'Well... you took a long time to do that.', said Winry as Ed rose beside her.

Without thinking, Ed suddenly gave a soft kiss on her lips before pulling her towards the centre of the hall. Winry blushed as both of them danced beautifully...

--

Two months later...

Ed fastened his boots as he looked over his bags and checking everything. He looked himself in the mirror before smiling satisfactorily. After examining everything, he took his bags and went downstairs. When he walked into the living room, he was taken by surprise as Rose and her baby, Grandma Pinako, Winry and his father were sitting and waiting for him at the dining table. Moreover, he noticed an extra bags near the couch.

'What--', he gasped as Winry helped him with his things and placed them beside the others. Pinako removed the pipe from her mouth as she spoke. 'You're going to the Central, right? So before that, I'd like to have breakfast with you before you two leaves...'

'Two?', he asked in surprise as he sat on his chair. 'I'm coming with you!!', said Winry as she sat back on her chair. Ed started to open his mouth in protest before settled in defeat. 'You won't let me leave you so easily, isn't it?', he said as Winry grinned.

'Of course!!'

--

The man snorted impatiently as the other woman snickered. 'They're late!!', cried the man as the woman chuckled at him. 'Relax, Mustang-junsho... they'll be here any moment...', said Riza Hawkeye as the man looked at her. Riza sighed as she glanced to the other side. 'Though... it surprised me why you even allow Winry to come applying for work in the military...'

Roy shrugged. 'She asked... and it was just as a desk job! And it's good to have Ed someone to watch over him, I can't do that ever so often. And... Armstrong is so-ooooo.... not an appropriate candidate.'

Riza laughed as she spotted someone, waving at them not far away. 'They're here...', she said as Roy turned to glance at the direction. He smirked as he saw Ed and Winry walking towards them with their bags. 'Yo, Ed!! Nice uniform... you look good!', he said as Ed rubbed his nose.

'Ehehe...', he shrugged as Winry greeted them. Riza smiled as she nudged Roy on the ribs. 'Did you did this on purpose? To have Winry watching over Ed as I did you?', she said as Roy went after Ed and started to push him away. 'Err... let's go... Ed. I've got work for you.... you know that from now on, you'll serve under my wing.. right? So let's go!!', he said as the girls giggled at his response.

Realizing what they were talking about, Ed tried vainly to free himself from Roy as he cried. 'Junsho!! What have you been scheming--?!'

'Nothing... nothing....!', chirped Roy happily as the four of them headed back towards the headquarters.

--

Al folded the letter on his hand as Izumi watched him from nearby. She cocked her eyebrows as the lad smiled at her. 'It's from father. Brother and Winry had left to Central! Sensei... I wanted to learn more alchemy!! I want to work alongside brother too!'

Izumi smiled at him as she folded her arms at him. 'Well... if you wanted to learn more...', she looked away as she called out. 'Wrath!! Come here... have another practice with Al!', she cried as Wrath came over and started mock fighting with Al.

Al smirked as he countered Wrath's swift moves. Yes... I'll study more... and achieve the same level as brother! I'll serve the people and do great things. If I could also recover my lost memories along the way...

I'll treasure it... all my life...

Because that important person...

Was now by my side...

 

|END|


az: ::sigh:: It's finished!! Yeah..... Kong Hei, Kong Hei... Kong Hei Fatt Choi, minna!! May all of you live in prosperity!! Ch... it really finished in 10 chapters!! Wow!! If you guys want me to change Wrath's name... give suggestions using the reviews!! Or... I'll just keep it like that... ::grins:: ja!!