Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Those Lovely Roiai Drabbles ❯ If I Die ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

#97: `If I die…'
 
“Hawkeye,” his voice echoed from the back seat.
 
 
“Yes Colonel?” Her eyes were fixated on the road in front of her as she drove their car down the desolate road in Central.
 
 
“If something should happen tonight—”
 
 
“Don't think like that sir,” her voice was scolding to a point, but something was different. Her normally cold honey eyes gazed at him through the rearview mirror; there was something different about both of them.
 
 
“Don't interrupt your superior while he's talking,” his eyes looked up to meet hers through the mirror; she quickly focused her attention back to the road, mumbling a quick `Yes sir.'
 
 
“If something should happen tonight…if I die tonight,” he tried to read her reaction to his words, “I want you to remove yourself completely.” That caused a reaction.
 
 
“I'm afraid I don't quite follow you.”
 
 
He bowed his head slightly, staring at the back of the seat, “Riza, I want you destroy anything that is connected to my plan. I want you to deny you had any involvement with my plan.” She was about to interrupt, however he continued. “I want you to place all the blame on me, destroying any connection between you and me.” That hit a nerve in the young Lieutenant.
 
 
The car screeched to a forceful stop, as the golden haired angel in the front spun around, her face in a mix of emotions.
 
 
“What's the meaning of this Lieutenant?”
 
 
“I can't do that, sir.”
 
 
“What?”
 
 
“I can't do that.”
 
 
“It's an order.”
 
 
“I can't destroy every thing you've worked for,” she sighed resting her head on her headrest; staring at the roof of the car. “It…it just wouldn't be right.” A silence settled in the car.
 
 
“Drive on Lieutenant.”
 
 
“Yes sir.” I made a promise…it wont end up that way.