Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Night Sky ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lunch was uncomfortable.
Miles and Scar ate quietly, while stealing a few glances towards the Armstrongs, amidst the silence.

"So what else did you bring back?"
The question jolted everyone at the table, accustomed to the silence not too long ago.
"You said the physician from Xing revealed the news about your pregnancy. So what else did you bring back from Xing?"
Olivier's shrewd eyes were fixed on her plate as she continued to tackle the meat for awhile.
"What kind of meat is this?" she vented, as she rested her knife and reached for the wine.

"It's Black pig's meat," Catherine replied. "It isn't supposed to be tough. It tasted really good at Xing though. Maybe the new chef overcooked it! "
"A new chef?" Olivier raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, Romano left," Alex helped. "He's getting old and is retiring."

Another silence continued.

"Well, it's about time we left," Olivier picked up her sword by the side as she stood up.
"Thank you for the meal, General Armstrong," Miles expressed towards Philip.
"Hahaha, you're welcome! And I'm no longer a General, Major. Those were the days when..."

"Don't get him started!" Olivier snapped and headed for the steps, descending towards their vehicle.
The two soldiers bowed before following her.

At the door of the vehicle, Olivier turned towards her family.
"...(sigh) Take care," she managed, before the trio left for Briggs.