Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Tuckers new surprise ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Okay, onto more. I just got done watching Potemayo. Sooo adorable. Moriyama-kun wearing a skirt! Yet he wasnt embarassed by it..which was weird..

--Reimuuu

Ed's eyes slowly fluttered open. He blinked once, then stared up at the white ceiling. He had no idea where he was, and it was starting to scare him.

He closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them again and moved his eyes to his right, his head following a moment later. His gaze met with Nina's, who was apparently just waking up too.

"big brother.."She said tiredly. Ed smiled.

".... stay calm, Nina..I think... know where we are.." He looked up at the ceiling again, then to the door as a knocking noise came from it, then entered a doctor, being followed by Roy.

"Hey, we're going to need to take some blood from the both of you.." the doctor said calmly and as sweetly as he could manage.

Ed just stared at the man, then to Roy, Roy nodded, and looked to Nina. The whole time he was getting the shot, Ed was looking at Nina, then the doctor pulled the needle out and covered it with a cotton ball, then put tape on it. Ed sat up, slowly, but got himelf up. As the doctor made his way over to Nina, Ed looked at the cotton ball then went to pull it off, but Roy stopped him.

"Dont do that, or you'll bleed, "He said calmly. Ed nodded.

When the doctor was gone, Roy grabbed a chair and pulled it next to Ed's bed. He sat down then looked into Ed's eyes. Still the same golden hue that he remembered. He sighed and then started asking Ed some questions.

"My name is Roy..do you remember me?" He asked.

Ed stared at him for a minute, then looked up at the white ceiling again. Finally came the answer."Yes..you're..Roy Mustang..Colonel..I think.."

"Close, i'm a General now, but it's good that you remember my name.." Roy said,"Do you remember my state title?"

"Flame." Ed said quietly.

Roy smiled,maybe, if we could get Ed to remember anything..he thought to himself.

Alphonse walked in and sat on the couch that was in the room near Ed's bed. Roy looked over to Al, then back to Ed. "Edward, do you remember him..?" He asked, pointing to Al. Ed looked over to Alphonse.

"I..no.." He said, then looked away from both men,"A-am I supposed to..?"

"Well," Roy started,"It would be nice if you did, but it's okay if you dont, we understand.."

Roy reached into a bag he had carried in with him, and pulled out the helmet to the armor Al's soul was once trapped in."Does this look familiar?" He asked.

Ed nodded,"I..used to talk to someone, with that armor..."He said, looking at the helmet,"He would compfort me, during..storms i think.." Ed looked down."I dont remember any names..or what he was to me,...I think..a friend.."

Al looked down, disappointed. Then he heard Ed speak again."I..had... brother..right?" He asked. He was getting better at speaking sentences, but every now and then, he would forget.

"Yes, you did,"Roy said.He wasn't sure if he wanted to tell Ed it was Al, but Al stepped up."This is Alphonse,"Roy said, motioning to al,"He's your brother.."

Ed looked over to Al, then looked down,"Why dont..I recognize you..?" He asked. Al shrugged solemnly.

"I'm not sure.." He said, "Hopefully, you'll remember something later.."

"For now, Al..I think we should let your brother rest, maybe after a good sleep he'll remember something.." Roy said, getting up and putting the chair back in it's spot. Al nodded and followed, stopping at the door and looking back at his brother. Ed just stared at him, his eye's pleaing for him not to leave, but Al forced himself to ignore it and walked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What? You found Edward?" Winry asked over the phone. Al had called her and told her the truth shortly after arriving back at his hotel room.

"Yeah..the only problem is is that he doesnt remember much..He recognized Roy, but not me..that's what upset me the most.." Al said solemnly.

"Can I come see him?" Winry asked. Al knew Winry always loved Ed, but Ed didnt share the same feelings for her. He thought of her more like a sister. And what if Ed didnt remember her? It would definately hurt her feelings.

Even after considering all of the bad outcomes, Al decided to let Winry come see his brother. Maybe, just maybe, Ed would at least remember her face.

"Sure, Winry, Come when ever you can, maybe you can help." Al said. Then they said their goodbyes, and hung up the phone.

~*~*~*~*~*~
Mayu-chan's Panda-shed Diaries

I'm not sure how long this chappie will be. I think I'm doing pretty good so far, 2 chappies in one day, the plot bunnies are being nice today! ^^
Am I doing good? What do u think? /hint hint!/
...
That means please review!
--Mayu-chan

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Al waited quietly at the train station for Winry. All he could think about was Ed. It was torturing him. The look in his eyes when he left the hospital room..just about tore Al's heart out. Apparently, Ed didn't want to be alone. He had Nina with him, but Nina was sleeping most of the time. The nurse had told Al that sometimes when they go in their room, Ed would somehow have managed to sit on the edge of Nina's bed and sing lullabys to her, which is a reason why she was always sleeping.

Winry walked up quietly and tapped Al on the shoulder. Al had been lost in thought, so it was better not to scare hime. Al jumped slightly and turned around.

"Hope I didnt scare you.." Winry said.

"No, not at all,"Al said smiling,"Let's go..around this time, brother would be awake.."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ed sat on the egde of Nina's bed, singing softly. He sat facing towards the wall at the end of her bed. He stared upwards slightly as he sang, kind of lost in thought. He stopped singing when he heard knocking come from the door. Instead of waiting for permission, Al and Winry walked in. Ed stared upwards for a few more moments then looked over to his guests.

"Hey brother, singing to Nina again?" Al asked with a smile. Ed was silent for a minute, then nodded. He looked at Winry, then back to the wall.

Al looked away. Ed just looked so depressed. Was it because Roy had not granted their wishes for death? Or maybe because he couldnt even remember who his own brother was...

"Brother, do you remember who this is?" Al asked, moving to the side so Ed could see Winry more clearly.

Ed stared at her a minute then said,"I dont remember her name..but I recognize her.."

Al smiled. At least he remembered her face. He looked over to Winry who had a somewhat disappointed look on her face, then she looked up and smiled.

"Brother, this is Winry, she's one of your friends. You've known her since you were little.." Al said, then something hit him."Ed, how old are you..?" He asked with a questioning look on his face,

Ed looked away, then said quietly,"I dont remember.."

"You should be about 16, almost 17 in a few months,"Winry said, stepping foward some. Ed simply nodded.

Noticing Ed getting up, Al asked,"Do you need any help?" Stupid question. Ed had been able to get himself there and back frequently, so he guessed not when Ed didnt answer. He did answer a moment later, though.

"no..I'll be fine.." He said. He easily got up and walked over to his bed. But Al could tell it hurt because when Ed sat down and got situated, he had a look of pain laced across his face.

Winry looked at Ed with worry. He definately didnt look good."Ed, are you sure you're okay?"she asked.

Ed smiled slightly and nodded."Yes, i'm fine, thank you."

That made Winry smile. Al smiled too. This was the first time he had seen Ed smile in a while. It made him happy.

"Brother, when was the last time you ate?" Al asked.

Ed looked up thinking."I dont remember..Maybe yesterday. Yeah, it was last night." He said, looking back at Al, "Nina should eat too."

It was now 3 in the afternoon, which meant Ed with out breakfast."Are you hungry?" Winry asked and Ed nodded."I'll go get you guys something to eat then."

"I'll help," Al said, he went to walk past Ed's bed but he felt something suddenly grab onto his arm. Ed sat in the middle of the bed on his hands and knees, one arm stretched out holding the sleeve on Al's coat. He had that pleaing look in his eyes again. It hurt Al so much.

"Please..dont leave.."Ed said shakily, ready to cry. Al looked over to Winry and she nodded, telling him to stay and she would go get the food.

Al looked back to Ed and smiled."Of course I'll stay, maybe we could play a game to pass the time." He said. It felt somewhat like he was talking to a child. He kind of was, Ed had to basically relearn everything. Hopefully, though, he hadnt forgotten how to do alchemy. That scared Al some, but when he saw Ed smile he was brought out of his thoughts.

When Winry left, Al sat at the end of Ed's bed facing him, his legs crossed, and they mainly talked. Maybe they could help each other remember everything, and things could go back to normal. But it would never be completely normal. Ed was no longer human, but a chimera in human form. It would hurt some to look at his brother, but they would get through it together. They were strong, their teacher would always say things like that. Proving other people wrong. She was like a mother to the two, and she would what ever she couold to protect them. But she would only be able to protect them for so long before she was gone.

Time passed quickly and Winry came back with food. She even bought milk for Ed. Maybe seeing how he had forgotten a lot about himself and people around him, he would drink the milk, forgetting that he didnt like it. It was a little cruel, Winry thought, but it was worth a shot. When she set the food down for them, Ed looked at the milk and gave her a look.

It was worth a shot..she thought.

Ed ended up giving his milk to Al, while Al give Ed his orange juice. So now Ed had two Juices, and Al had two milks. Guess it works out.

Soon after finishing their meals, Ed had fallen asleep so Winry and Al left. They had left a meal there for Nina so when she wakes up she can eat. It was now 6 in the evening. the walk home was silent until Winry spoke up.

"Will Ed be okay?" She asked. Al jumped slightly. He had been spacing out, thinking about the same thing.

"I dont know.."
"When will they release him?" She asked suddenly.

Al shrugged."The military is keeping them there.." He said, unsure if he wanted to tell her,"To run some tests.."

"So their nothing but test subjects?1" Winry said, suddenly upset."But why? Dont they know that they have feelings? that they have families to go home to?! And all they want to do is keep them miserable and label them as test subjects--"

"Winry!" Al yelled, suddenly angry with her behavior,"First of all, Nina..doesnt have a family to go home to! Tucker was all she had left.." Al settled down a little, looking away from Winry,"they said they would release them when their done!"

Winry looked away, also calming herself down."Alright.." She said quietly.

Then they started to the hotel again. this time, the walk stayed quiet the whole way there.

~*~*~*~*~*~
I'll stop there. Please, reviews are welcome. I'm not sure how long this story will be. Maybe a few more chappies, but I know I'm not done there!
Hani Hani Hani Haaaa!