Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Tuckers new surprise ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hani hani hani haaaa!
sooo kawaii!!! X3 anyway, onto chappie 3!

--Reimuuu

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Roy arrived at the hospital soon after Al and Winry left. In fact, they had passed each other on the street and made a small conversation. Roy told them where he was going and was thankful to hear that Ed had cheered up a lot.

"He's talking a lot more, and he smiles more, too!" Al said cheerfully."He'll talk to just about anyone! hopefully he doesnt go talking to strangers when he's released! I'm so happy!"

Roy was happy himself.He walked to the room that was occupied by the two chimera children. although, Roy had to admit, Ed wasnt really a child anymore.But it seemed like it, for the same reasons Al came up with. What if Ed really had forgotten how to do alchemy? Maybe Roy would ask him while he was there.

Roy turned the handle, opened the door and walked in. He found Ed sitting next to nina on her bed, helping her eat. She was having a little trouble keeping her hands steady, so Ed sat there helping her. Roy smiled, it was cute, he had to admit, but if he actually ever admitted that to Ed when he was maybe 15, He would've been punched. Ed doesnt like being called cute.

Ed spotted Roy and looked to Nina. Roy could see Ed asking Nina something, and she nodded. Ed stood up and walked towards Roy.

"If you're here to talk some more, can we go outside? It's getting really stuffy.."Ed said with a smile,"I've been here all day.."

"Sure, but what about Nina?" Roy asked looking over to the girl.

"I'll be fine.."She said. She too was getting better at speaking more clearly. It made Roy happy. Roy was apparently really happy today, one good thing happening after the next.

Roy nodded and the two headed outside, deciding to sit on the roof. The sky had turned a red color from the sunset, making the visit that much more enjoyable. Roy looked over to Ed who had a calm, happy look on his face, making Roy smile.

"What did you need co- er..General? "Ed asked,"I'm sorry, I'm not used to you being a General.."

"It's alright,"Roy said,"Anyway, I came to ask you a few more questions.." He could hear the sigh come from the blonde boy next to him."If you dont mind," He added.

Ed smiled."It's okay.."

"Good.Anyway, do you still know how to do alchemy?" Roy asked, loosening up.

"Somewhat.."Ed said," I know how to..but I dont know if I can.."

"Well, why dont you try?" Roy got up and walked over to the bench that sat on the roof."Try transmuting this bench.." Then he pulled out a piece of chalk and handed it to Ed. "You still know the basic circle right?" He asked.

Ed nodded. He took the chalk from Roy and drew the circle on the bench."You used to be able to do transmutations without a circle..Do you remember that? " Roy asked.

Ed shook his head. "I didnt know I could do that.."

"Well, just to make sure, we'll try with a circle, then without." Roy said.

Ed nodded and placed his hands on the circle. Soon there a bright flash, and the bench was transmuted into a rocking horse. Roy blinked with disbelief, then his expression turned to relief."So you can still transmute..I didnt think a chimera could perform alchemy.."

The word Roy said made Edward cringe. Roy noticed and quickly apoligized.

"It's okay, That word..it just sort of..'' Ed stopped there and lowered his head,''It makes me sound..like a monster..that's all..''

Roy looked away. He might as well just stop talking right now..He was really hurting the boy's feelings.''Ed, again, I'm so sorry.--''

''Really, it's okay..'' Ed said standing up, ''it's getting late, you should go before it gets too dark..''

''alright..'' Roy said and headed for the door leading to the staircase, then Ed stopped him.

"General.." He said.

"Hm? "Roy asked looking back.

Ed smile,''That'll be 4,907.5 ¥ please.''

Roy chuckled. ''isnt that a bit much just for asking a question?''He asked.

''No, for the rocking horse,unless you want it to be 9,815 ¥?'' Ed said, pointing to his creation. Roy stared at him for a minute.

"If you help me get it downstairs, then i'll take it.''

''that'll be extra..''Ed smiled.

''deal''

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ed woke up the next day only to find his pillow soaked with tears. He turned over on his back and wiped the tears from his face. He stared at the ceiling for a moment then looked over to where Nina was supposed to be, but she was gone. Ed's eye's went wide and he shot up.

"N-nina?! Nina!"He yelled looking around the room, but he couldnt find Nina anywhere. More tears streamed down his face as he stared at Nina's empty bed. Where was she? Did she..No..she could'nt be dead. But the thought of it made Ed breakdown into nothing but a crying idiot. Roy came in a moment later and ran over to Ed.

"Ed, what's wrong?"He asked holding the boy's shoulders.

Ed sniffled, whiping the tears away. Not looking up, he asked,"W..where's Nina..?''

Roy stared at him for a moment then looked over to Nina's bed, only to find it empty. He looked back to the crying boy only to find Ed staring at him with golden, tear filled eyes. Roy look away, not wanting to see the hurt in his eyes."I'm not sure, I'll find her for you, okay?" He said, looking back at Ed. Ed just nodded and Roy layed him back down."Now get some rest, I'll ask other personel where she went."

Roy walked out of the room and down the hall. He found one of the doctors and stopped him, asking where the girl went.

"The chimera girl?" He asked,"I'm sorry sir, she's no longer with us.."

Roy stared at the man for a minute, then nodded. So they discharged her,..but why not Ed? Maybe the blood tests that were taken showed something might be wrong with Ed..The thought made Roy want to cry. Wait, if they discharged Nina, where did she go? Foster home, probably. Roy headed back to the room that Ed stayed in and noticed a doctor sitting next to Ed's bed. Ed seemed a little more calm now, so he decided to tell him.

"Ed..'' Roy said, He was about to finish, but was cut off by Ed.

''W-where is she?" He asked. Roy noticed from the corner of his eye that the doctor got a depressed look on his face.

"They discharged her, Ed, she's not at the hospital anymore." He finished. He saw Ed look away with a sad look.

''Will she come visit me?'' He asked.

Roy shrugged, ''maybe--''

Now the doctor cut him off.''Sir, Nina wasnt discharged,'' He said.

''But..'' Roy started,''A doctor I passed in the hall told me Nina was no longer here..''

''I think what he meant, sir..'' The doctor said, looking away,''He meant that Nina is dead. ''

Ed's eyes went wide.

''She died last night...'' the doctor finished. then looked over to Ed,''I'm sorry, Edward..''

The doctors sentence was cut off by the sound of Ed suddenly bursting into a chorus of sobs''w-why..how did she..'' Edward choked between his words and couldnt get the whole sentence out. Roy went to place a hand on Ed's shoulder, but Ed simply nudged his hand away with his shoulder. Roy stared at Ed for a moment then asked the doctor to leave. The doctor obeyed and left. Roy turned back to Ed. Now Ed had his knees pulled up to his chest, arms crossed on top of them, burying his head into his lap.

Roy looked away,''do you want to be alone?'' He asked the boy. Edward didnt answer. When Roy made his way to the door, Ed grabbed his sleeve the same way he had grabbed Al's sleeve the day before. Roy raised an eyebrow.

'' Dont..leave.."Ed said, tears streaming down his face,''Dont want to..alone..'' Ed was once again limited to noncomplete sentences. Roy looked at him for a minute, then nodded, sitting next to the boy on his bed. Suddenly two arms wrapped around him, and he looked down only to notice Ed clinging to his side.Roy started to run his fingers through Ed's long, loose hair. Then wrapped his own arms around him.

"Ed..''Roy started.'' I'm so sorry.''

Ed just nodded.'' She..wanted..die anyway..'' Ed said, sentences still coming out incomplete.Roy sighed and pulled Ed closer.

''Maybe you should get some rest..'' Roy said, rubbing the top of Ed's head.

Ed shook his head.''cant sleep now..'' He said, sniffling.

''Ed, I know you miss her, and I know how much she meant to you, but you cant stay upset forever.'' Roy said in a compforting tone.''I'm going to leave for a while, and I want you to rest up okay?'' He said,''I'll bring Winry and Al over in a few hours.''

And with that, Roy left Ed alone to cry and grieve over the loss of his chimera sister.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mayu-chan's Panda shed Diaries.

Wow, sorry i did that, but i was getting writers block every 3 bloody paragraphs, and I needed something to put a little drama into the story. I didnt like doing that either, people, but it had to be done. and like Ed said, Nina is probably happier now.
NINA-CHAN!

--Mayu-chan

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Okay , i'm stopping here, I gotta go shower for school tomarrow. If I dont go, Lewandowski-sensei will scorn me and give me even more work. TT^TT
later!
Hani Hani Hani Haaaaaaaaa!