Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Never Never Give Up ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sailor C. Ryoko: Konnichiwa minna-chan!! I'm so glad you guys liked my story!! <big, BIG smile> ^_____^ Oh yea, I don't own anything. Also, the gundam pilots will come in either at the end of this chapter or maybe the next or the ones after that. <hides behind the wall from the knives and katanas the readers throw.> Sorry!!…. Don't get mad! I love them too, honestly!!! <now the readers throw grenades and start shooting> Eep! On with the story! <the author shouts as she runs away from the explosions and bullets>


Last time:
Usagi kept running and at the same time, somehow laughing with her mouth full from eating the pork buns. She could hear the boys running through the crowd of people, shouting for her to stop and go back and they'll make her pay if she doesn't, but she ignored their screams and began humming to herself, still running of course. She was too busy enjoying herself and didn't notice anyone there until she was about to another bite when someone jerked her roughly to the side and covering her mouth before she could scream for help. She dropped the pork buns on the ground as they dragged her away back into the alley. No matter how much she struggled, she still couldn't get free for the grip of the person holding her was too tight. She then recognized them as the slave traders from before and her eyes widened, but then narrowed as she struggled even more. The slave trader holding her was getting really frustrated and with the hand covering her mouth, he hit her on the back of her neck making her let out a cry. She slowly began to weaken as her arms later went limp She struggled as long as she could to stay awake, but then she couldn't hold it any longer, as all she could see then was just plain black, darkness…..




Chapter 2:



~ A few minutes ago ~

"Stop running and get back here Tsukino Usagi!!!….You're gonna regret if you don't!!!" the boys shouted after their laughing friend ahead of them. *For a little girl, she sure runs pretty fast* they thought. A crowd of people were passing by in front of them blocking the distance from them and Usagi. "Usagi!!!!" They gently pushed their way through the crowd and made it only to see that their friend was no where in sight.

" 'Sagi!!! Get yer puny lil ass out here right now and give us back our pork buns!!!" Genro shouted getting a bit worried just like the others.

"Usa-chan!! Come out!! It isn't funny anymore!!" the other guys shouted as they continued to search for the missing silver haired girl.

"Minna!! Look what I found!!" Nuriko shouted as he picked up the pork buns and the guys hurried over to him to see what it was.

"Usa-chan would never leave this lying on the ground like that, no da." Chichiri said.

"You're right….. Someone took her….. But who?….." said Tamahome. Their eyes widened in fear for what could've happened to Usagi but then narrowed into slits for they vowed they would make whoever kidnapped Usagi pay dearly. And if they were to harm her in any way, even to have one single hair missing…… oh……they'd go to hell and back before they let the kidnapper off so easily. Their hands clenched in anger, practically digging their fingernails into their skin but that was the least thing that was on their mind at that moment. Since Nuriko was holding a pork bun in one hand, the food was crushed and threw it to the ground. Just then, they heard a scream and their heads perked up when they realized that it was Usagi's.

"Usagi!!!!!" they yelled as they ran with all their might to the direction of the scream, into the alleyway again. They ran for about a good 25 yards before they saw a bunch of people walking ahead of them with an unconscious Usagi slumped over one of the guy's shoulder. "Stop!!" they ordered.

The guys stopped and turned around, and the boys glared at them when they noticed that they were the ones from before.

"It…It's those little brats!!!" One of them shouted, terrified and Genro Nuriko, Tamahome, and Chichiri smirked, but they were still angry though.

"Give us Usagi back and we just might let you guys go off easily." Genro threatened in an icy tone of voice.

"Yea right!" the leader shouted. "Beat the crap out of these punks!!" he ordered.

"But…but--." they protested.

"NOW!!!!!" he shouted and they obeyed. All of them, besides the frightened leader charged at the boys. But the one that was carrying Usagi dumped her down next to their boss before attacking them. The four boys' anger grew when they saw how they just dumped Usagi aside. On Tamahome's forehead, an oni <ogre> symbol glowing in red clearly appeared. Since Nuriko's shirt was kinda loose, you could see the yanagi <willow> symbol flaring on his chest, as he glared at the slave traders. As the Chichiri and Genro, their were tears on their sleeves and knees, like the other two and you could see flaring red symbols there too. On Chichiri's right knee, there is a sho <well> symbol and for Genro, there is yoku <wing> symbol on his right arm.

The slave traders stopped in their tracks when they saw the glowing symbols. "Th…They have those symbols too! Just like that lil girl!!" one of them shouted. They back away in fear as the four boys walked towards them, glaring daggers at them. They turned around to run but was knocked down like bowling pins when the boys kicked them. They then got up and started attacking the boys back but they defeat them easily. Now the leader was REALLY scared as he saw his comrades beatened up like nothing. He then grabbed Usagi and took a dash for it and Chichiri was the first to notice this and chased after him.

"Come back here!" he shouted and ran after him. They others quickly beat the slave traders on last time as they fell to the ground either unconscious or in great pain and the boys followed Chichiri. The slave trader was running much faster than the boys so Chichiri halted clasped his hands together closing his eyes. In a mere second after some whispered incantation, he disappeared from the spot while the other three still kept running.

The leader ran around the corner, glancing behind him every five seconds to see if the boys caught to him yet. Running another kami-knows how many yards did he finally stop when he didn't see anyone behind him. He was heaving heavily as he thought his heart would bust from beating so fast and also from fear. He wiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand and looked back again just to make sure. After a minute or two seeing that no one followed, he let out a sigh in relief and turned around to continue, walking this time. Of, course he certainly didn't expect anyone to be in front of him and he jumped in fright when he saw that it was one of the boys there, throwing Usagi in the air as he did that. Chichiri pulled his hand pack to and launched it forward to punch the slave trader in the jaw but only hit air. When he looked down, he saw the guy had fainted from probably a heart attack and he was surprised. He shook his head but then looked up and jumped in the air catching Usagi with one arm under her neck while the other under her knees. He landing nicely with one knee on the ground in a crouched position. Ahead, he saw his friends run on the lane perpendicular to the one he was on and skidded to a stop when Tamahome was the first to spot him and Usagi.

"There they are!" he heard them shout and then saw them running towards them.

"Is Usagi alright?!" they frantically asked. Chichiri carried Usagi over to the wall and laid her there while they checked her for any bruises and wounds, or anything. They saw a small bruise on her neck and they narrowed their eyes at the unconscious leader lying there.

"How dare they hurt her like this!" they seethed as they got up from their crouched positions and walked over to the leader. They pulled up their sleeves and then began punching and kicking him, dust soon appeared from the sandy ground but that didn't stop them. "Ha! Take that! And that! And that!! That'll teach you to hurt Usagi!!!" they shouted. A soft moan was heard and they stopped hitting the now bruised up slave trader and rushed over to their friend.

"Minna-chan?…." Usagi softy said as she squinted her eyes and tried to adjust her vision to the kinda bright scenery.

"Usa-chan!!!" they shouted in happiness. Her blurry vision came into focus and she saw her four best friends in front of her. Tears sprang to her eyes as she launched herself at them, hugging them all at once and sobbing at the same time.

"Minna-chan! I thought I'd never see you guys again! I was so scared." she cried and they hugged her back.

"Don't worry, Usa-chan. We're here now." Nuriko said, soothingly.

Genro said, " Yea 'Sagi. We're here for ya."

"We'll always be there when you need us." Tamahome comforted.

"And we'll always be here to protect you…… Five best friends…Always together." he finished. She broke their hug and brushed her tears away.

"Soo ka?" she asked.

"Yup! The five of us will always be best friends and together and nothin' can tear us apart!" Tamahome exclaimed.

"Yea!!….arigato!" Usagi giggled happily. She put her hand in the middle of them and one by one they placed their hands over hers, as a promise. They all smiled at one another but then sweat dropped when Usagi's stomach began growling again.

"Heh heh heh…… about the pork buns….." she chuckled nervously as she had one hand scratching her head. They all raised an eyebrow at her and then looked at each other, with almost an evil grin on their faces. Her face turned to fear as she shook her head.

"Oh…no……. You guys can't possibly do that to me,…..ne?…" That question only widened their grins even more as they slowly advanced on her, and she backed away. She too off from them again from fear of their "punishment".

"Get back here 'Sagi and take yer ticklin' pun'shment lika man!!" Genro shouted as they ran after her.

"But I'm not a man!!!" they heard her shout back.



~ 6 years later ~

"Are you sure we must do this, your highness?" a figure in the shadows asked.

"Hai…… we must…. It's her destiny……" the other one next to the first figure spoke with sadness in her voice.

"…..There is no other way to change this? She'll hate us for sure….."

"I know… but we have to…….hopefully she will understand….."

"Hai……I will go complete my task now then…."

"Ok……" the second figure said softly and with that, the first figure vanished. "Gomen nasai my musume….."



~ Elsewhere ~

"Ah! That was good!" a twelve old year old Usagi exclaimed as she finished her last biscuit for lunch. "Hey! You guys got more?!" She asked her fourteen year old friends. They glared at her and hid their food protectively. "Hmph…." she pouted. "Fine, you guys are mean!"

"Usa-chan! We all already gave you 2 each and you, yourself, had 3!!" they exclaimed. "We only have 2 left each."

"Oh…..fine." she playfully pouted, crossing her arms. They laughed at her kawaii face and she frowned at them. "Not funny." They ignored her and continued laughing when a sudden wind began picking up around them only. They stopped laughing and looked around in suspicion. Suddenly a portal appeared behind Usagi appeared and she noticed it first so she turned around. But all she saw was the portal before her eyelids felt so heavy and she fainted to the ground. The others heard a thud and turned to Usagi. "Usagi!!!" they scrambled over to see if she was ok and were relieved that she only fainted and nothing else. A figure stepped out of the portal and the figure, now they could make out that it was a she, had long dark green hair that half was done up in a bun while the rest was down and it reached her mid thigh. She had garnet red eyes and wore some sort of one piece body sailor fuku with boots and a staff in one hand.

"Who are you and what did you do to Usa-chan?!" Tamahome demanded.

"I cannot tell you who I am but I mean no harm. Although I must take Usagi-hime away from here." the lady said.

"You aren't takin' her anywhere." Nuriko stated.

"Onegai don't make this harder than it already is." she said softly.

"Matte…. You said, Usgai….hime? Doushite?" Chichiri asked.

"I cannot tell you that either…"

"Where are you gonna take her?" the purple haired teen questioned.

"To another dimension…." Genro opened his mouth to ask something but the lady already knew what he was gonna ask and answered before he could even ask it. "It's her destiny……"

"Destiny?!!" they exclaimed.

"Hai…… If I could, I'd leave her here and wouldn't come at all but you cannot avoid destiny no matter how hard you try…"

"We don't trust you."

"Let me take her without any trouble or I'll be forced to hurt you…I have to take the hime with me at all costs."

"Like I a'ready said, ya ain't takin' 'Sagi no wheres." Genro stood in a fighting stance along with the others, their character symbols flaring brightly.

"Nuriko. You stay and take care of Usa-chan. I can sense that she has a great amount of power…" Chichiri said. The other three widened at that but then their eyes went back to normal. They'd just have to fight harder to protect Usagi. Nuriko nodded and stepped back towards Usagi. He picked her up and laid her head on his chest so she could sleep better and watched the battle that just started in front of him.

Genro and Tamahome charged at the mysterious dark green haired lady while Chichiri was citing a spell, his eyelids shut, his mind focused. Genro and Tamahome threw a fury of punches and kicks at her at the same time but she either blocked them with her staff or dodged them. She almost got hit in the side by Tamahome but was fortunate to dodge at the last second. Meanwhile, Chichiri had one arm in front of him, the index and middle finger up and the other hand had his palm open, a fireball was forming slowly at first but it picked up its speed. He then snapped his eyes open, both hands "holding" the fireball. "Move out of the way!!!"

Genro and Tamahome took the hint and with one last punch each jumped out of the way. The lady got managed to dodge one of the blows to her stomach but the other connected and she stumbled back. She scolded herself for being so careless and then looked up just in time to see a ball of fire launched at her but she was ready. With her staff, she created her own energy ball and countered Chichiri's attack. "Dead scream!" Both attacks slammed into one another with an explosion and smoke, making it hard to see. The lady took this opportunity to get what she came for and quietly but swiftly ran past the other coughing trio and then behind the coughing Nuriko who was still cradling the hime. She then used her staff and hit him on the neck and he hit the ground with a soft thud.

The others heard it though and tried to find where Nuriko and Usagi was but was having real trouble doing so. "Nuriko! *cough, cough* Nuriko! Where are *cough* you?!!" the three shouted. It was like as if the harder they tried to get rid of the smoke, the more likely they'd not accomplish that simple goal. The twenty-two year old lady picked up Usagi, one arm under her neck and holding her staff while the other was under her knees. She then jumped into the air above the dust and landed near the portal. With one last glance that showed her guilty face, she jumped through the portal. The portal closed behind her, creating mysterious winds that blew away the smoke. The guys finished coughing and completely opened their eyes now.

"Nuriko!!" they shouted when they saw their unconscious friend and then ran there, shaking him awake. His eyelids fluttered opened and he immediately sat up darting his eyes around when the name Usa-chan popped into his mind.

"Dammit! 'Sagi!!" Genro shouted.

"Usa-chan……" the three others whispered and fell to their knees, thinking of how they failed to protect her and broke their promise when they said that they'd always protect her.

"We're sorry……… We couldn't protect you……. We vow…..we'll find you no matter what and we'll see each other again……" They swore as they sat there, not caring a bit when the silent droplets of the salty tears flowed from their eyes and hit the ground with a soft splat.


~ Later…… ~

Her eyes slowly opened but regretted doing so as she immediately shut them tight. Using her hands, she pushed herself into a sitting from a sleeping position and blocked the sun's bright rays from hitting her orbs again before they fluttered open. She squinted her eyes, adjusting her vision into focus before she slowly brought her arm down from her face. She glanced around her and silently wondered where she was. What she was in ahead of her, completely stunned her. There were weird looking wagons that zoomed back and forth at such an incredibly fast rate she never knew was possible. Letting her curiosity get the best of her, she got up and brushed the dust off and walked towards the exit of the alley she was in. She saw people wearing odd-looking clothes walk pass her and she stared in awe. They were also staring at her because of her silver colored hair but she oblivious to them. *What kind of place is this? It's incredible!* her mind thought. She then heard some bells to her right and turned her gaze to that sound. Her eyes widened when she saw a boy who looked about one or two years younger than her riding on some kind of two wheeled vehicle coming her way. She stumbled back in time as the boy just passed by her, not a care in the world. She lost her balance and smacked right into someone. That person also fell over on the ground, Usagi right next to her. Usagi immediately got up and helped the girl up, muttering apologies and bowing at the same time.

"It's ok." she heard the girl say. Usagi looked up and a smile formed on her lips when she saw a smile on the girl's face too. Usgai cocked her head to the side as she studied the girl in front of her. The girl looked to be her age who had violet, nearly black short shoulder-length hair. Her eyes were almost the same color as her hair, which was violet and she was the about the same height as Usagi with a pale yet at the same time creamy colored skin.

"Watashi wa Tsukino Usagi. Hajimemashite! <Nice to meet you!>" Usagi said cheerfully as the girl giggled.

"And I'm Tomoe Hotaru. Nice to meet you too…….You don't look like you're from around here…."

"Iie. I'm not." she shakes her head. "I fainted and when I woke up and I somehow ended up here…"

"I'd take you to my house but I don't have one… Gomen ne." she said sadly.

"Don't worry. I've been an orphan almost all my life and I suppose you're the same?" Hotaru nodded. "I've been living off the streets since."

"Sumimasen. <Excuse me.>" Both girls turned around to the low manly voice and saw an middle aged almost old man standing there with glasses and a white lab coat on. "Gomen nasai but I couldn't help myself from over hearing your conversation…" they shook their heads indicating that it was ok and urged him to go on. The man looked around and saw that the streets were empty. With a silent nod to himself in satisfaction, he proceeded what he was gonna say. "…I want to take you both in if you don't mind…." Usagi's and Hotaru's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as to why a total complete stranger would do that for them and then they looked at one another before turning their gaze back to the mysterious man again. "There is a war that is about to go on in a few short years between OZ and the earth and the colonies. <gomen ne if these are not correct. The OZ organization wants to take over both the earth and the colonies and we must stop them. And I think we will need your help in order to do that."

"I don't understand. What or where is earth and the colonies?" Usagi asked, causing the other two to give her a look of surprise, while hers was filled with confusion.

"You don't know where earth or the colonies are at?" Hotaru asked just ot be certain and Usagi nodded. "Hmm….. Then where are you from?"

"Konan." the silver haired teen simply said. *She must be from another world or dimension…No matter….My instincts tell me that these too will be of real help during the war and I must take that chance and train them.*

"Konan? Where's that?" the now confused Hotaru asked.

"It doesn't matter." the man simply said. "Like I said, I need both of your help to fight and stop the upcoming war. Will you two help me?"

"Demo….I don't fight and I don't like to kill either…..." Usagi whispered and Hotaru nodded that she was the same.

"It doesn't matter if you fight or not. I'll train you guys. As for killing…… You guys fight to protect the innocents. If OZ were to win the war, destruction of the universe would be a sure thing and many people will lose their lives…...Would the two of you like risking that?"

"Of course not." Usagi stated. "…….Demo…. Why us?…."

"My instincts tell me that you the two of you will be perfect and most of the time my instincts are 99% correct. I'm pretty sure of it too."

"Are you sure we have to kill?….I don't want anyone to die whether if they are good or seem bad. Every person has a light side in them, the fire that's burning inside of them……whether the fire is flaring wildly or just barely burning….." Hotaru looked at Usagi, her eyes filled with admiration at just what Usagi said. She knew then that she had just made a friend and she smiled at that thought.

"I know…but there is nothing we can do. Please agree with me that you will let me train you both and that you will fight in the upcoming war?"

Usagi bit her lip and turned to Hotaru to see what she thought. As if knowing what Usagi meant, she smiled at her. "I'll follow you at what you're gonna do, Usagi. If you're gonna fight, then so am I. If not, then no." She then turned to the man who looked at her with pleading eyes. "……………Ok. But I'll…we'll train with you right now. But if we're not needed in the war, we won't fight. Alright?"

He nodded and inwardly sighed, glad that they even considered it. "…Oh yea, I forgot…… My name is Dr. J."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


What do you think? Hope you guys like it!…….BTW, if that's not what Dr. J looks like even though I didn't explain much, I'm sorry cause I never watched Gundam Wing before. Please don't kill me!!! I've only read it and if you're wondering why I didn't watch it on TV before when it was on TV, I didn't have cable. But I did buy the episodes and the movie so I'll be able to watch it soon!! By the way, PLEASE REVIEW!!