Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Chichiri's Heart ❯ The 5th God ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

TASUKI: The... 5th world?

TAIITSU: Yes, that's right. You all know about the 4 Gods Suzaku, Seiryu, Guembu and Byakko. But there's another God, who was the leader of a 5th world. But we don't know very much thing about this world, not even its name.

TASUKI: And... Who's this 5th God.

YOUNG WOMAN: He's not anymore. He's been killed 3 days ago.

TAIITSU: Since this moment, this young woman is the only one leading this country. Like you, Miaka, she had 7 warriors to protect her, but all died some hours ago. You have to protect her in their place, until she's able to use her powers and to defend herself his world. Are you alright?

TASUKI: Well, she's very odious but... I'll protect her.

ALL: Me too.

TASUKI: So, if I understood, she's the 5th God's priestress? (This is the end, with the way I spoke to her, I probably die soon...)

GODDESS: Exactly, mortal. That-s why I recommend you to speak to me with more respect, in your own interest.

CHICHIRI, trying to change the subject: Taiitsu, where are we?

TAIITSU: In my palace. It's been rebuilt between Kônan and Kûto. So, now I'd like to have a discussion whith you, Chichiri.

Miaka and the 6 others men, followed by the young goddess, leave the room. When they were gone, Taiitsu told Chichiri.

TAIITSU: This woman can be an odious person, she's a goddess. I'd like you to become friend with her, or more, and that you try to learn a little bit more about her, the 5th God, her territory and her ennemies.

CHICHIRI: You mean you want me to pretend being his friend to have some informations?

TAIITSU: Yes, or even more. She refused to tell me, but maybe if you use different way... To have this informations, all ways are good. She's a goddess, so you don't have to take this annoying precaution, like you had for Miaka. Do you understand what I mean.

CHICHIRI: Yes, I guess. But I can't do that. I'm a monk, I make it a principle not to do something like that.

TAIITSU: Chichiri, do you really think this odious girl deserves that you worry about it?

CHICHIRI: Taiitsu, I don't recognize you anymore... This words... I can't believe their yours...

TAIITSU: That's right. Those words don't seem to be mine. But trust me, that's the only way. And you're the only one I can ask to do that. Do you accept?

CHICHIRI: I... I can't...

TAIITSU: Think about your friends. Aren't they more important than this girl?

Chichiri close his eyes and remember all the moments he had with the 7 stars of Suzaku.

CHICHIRI: Yes. That's right.

TAIITSU: So. What's your anwser?

CHICHIRI: I... I'll do it.