Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Firebird ❯ Garden Conversations ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Vera-chan: Wow! I'm proud of myself. I'm bubbling over with ideas for the next few chapters………

Luna-sama: And to what do you owe these ideas to?

Vera-chan: J-pop and sugar??

Luna-sama: ::Hurt look.:: Fine, be that way!

Vera-chan: And my beautiful, wonderful, intelligent muse! ^_^

Luna-sama: That's better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

"Firebird"

Ch. 4 "Garden Conversations."

Hotori was sitting in Nuriko's room getting her hair done. She'd put on her new outfit, and was about to go for a stroll in the garden. That was, if Nuriko could ever decide she was happy with how her hair was done, and let her go.

"Who were the special guests, Nuku-chan?" she asked as her hair was yanked in another direction. "I wanted to meet them, but………"

"Don't worry about it." Nuriko smiled. "They were some old friends of ours. The first Suzaku no Miko, and one of the Suzaku Senshi, to be exact."

"Wow." Hotori thought. "Talking to the first Miko would help me understand my job better………"

Suddenly a rather familiar looking kasa appeared on the floor, and a moment later Chichiri emerged.

"You should knock before entering a lady's room." Nuriko scolded, finally finishing Hotori's hair.

"This is a lady's room, no da?" He asked. "I thought it was your room, no da."

Nuriko glared, and Hotori smiled.

"Hotohori-sama wanted to see you in the garden later, no da." He said to Hotori. "I'm not sure about what, but it seemed important, no da."

"I'll go there in a minute." Hotori smiled, and Chichiri made his exit.

"Nuku-chan.........what did Chichiri mean when he said he didn't think this was a lady's room?"

"Nothing, Nee-chan" She smiled, a little embarrassed. "Better go on now."

* * * * *

Hotori was roaming though the garden, looking for Hotohori when she came across a small girl with brown hair. She looked about 8 and seemed very confused.

"Hi, honey." She said leaning over to the little girl. "Are you lost?"

The small girl nodded.

"I was looking for my daddy." She said, then smiled. "You kinda look like my daddy………"

Hotori smiled at the small child, but wondered who her daddy was.

"Was he supposed to meet you here?" She asked.

The girl nodded. "I thought I saw him, but then it was you."

"Well," Hotori sat down, and the girl followed suit. "I'll wait here with you until he comes."

"My name's Mire." The girl said suddenly. "What's yours?"

"My name is Hotori." She had to smile once again at the child. She loved kids.

A few minutes later a kasa appeared in front of them, and Hotori shook her head.

"Hey Chichiri, how's it going?" She called out before the man even appeared.

"How'd you know it was me, no da?" he asked, looking a little hurt.

"You're the only person I know that travels by means of a hat." She laughed.

"That's true, no da." He nodded. "Hotohori-sama said he'll be later then expected and to please wait for him right here, no da."

"Okay, can do. I'll be waiting here with my new friend Mire anyway. We're waiting on her daddy." Hotori shook her head. "I wish I knew what was so important to Hotohori………"

She was cut off by Mire giggling.

"What honey?" she asked.

"He talks funny, no da." She said, and giggled more. "No da!"

Chichiri frowned, and Hotori laughed.

"I'd better go, no da." He said. "Be fore she takes my-hey! Where's my kasa, no da?"

There was more giggling, and Hotori looked behind her and discovered Mire trying to go into the kasa just like Chichiri had come out.

"No da!" She giggled more.

"Mire." Hotori said, trying not to laugh at the look Chichiri was giving the small child. "Uncle Chichiri doesn't share well. Why don't you give him his hat back?"

"No da!" She replied and gave the kasa back to it's rightful owner.

"Don't share well, no da?" he asked, putting it on his head.

"Well, you don't………" Hotori smiled.

He shook his head and left.

"No da! No da!" Mire called, waving goodbye.

"Mire!" A boy of about 12 with brown hair called, running up. "Oto-san is looking for us! Come on!"

"Hotori………" Mire said, smiling. "This is my onii-san, Aoi."

"Nice to meet you." She said and he nodded, then took his sister's hand and pulled her off towards one of the buildings.

Hotori sighed, and sat down again. Chichiri made it sound like Hotohori would be a while, so she might as well be comfortable. After a while, she grew frustrated, and decided to go look for him. She stood up, and spun around to head for the main building. However she ran smack dab into someone, the someone she'd been waiting on.

"Going somewhere?" He asked with a small grin.

"Looking for you actually." She felt a little nervous. "You wanted to talk?"

"You look nice." He said, smiling. "That color matches your eyes wonderfully."

"Thanks." She was going to blush if he kept this up! "Nuriko helped me pick it out………"

His smile never faltered as they stood there.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" She asked after another moment or so.

"I'm not quite sure how to put this………" He started, lowering his gaze as he thought.

"Just say it." She offered. "That's always best."

"I love you." He looked up suddenly, his eyes meeting hers.

"Excuse me………?" She said. Had she heard him right?

"I've known all my life I was destined to fall in love with the Suzaku no Miko." He said.

"I'd always thought that it would've been Miaka, but now I realize, it's you."

"I-I'm not sure what to say………" She replied. Her face was burning red by now.

Hotohori lowered his head again, fearing he already knew her reaction.

"I always used to read about princes in storybooks, but………" She paused a moment. "I never thought I'd find mine………"

He looked up.

"I love you too." She smiled.

He put his arms around her and kissed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vera-chan: Awww!!

Luna-sama: MUSHY! MUSHY! MUSHY!

Vera-chan: But sweet, you gotta admit………

Luna-sama: mushy, but good………

Vera-chan: I might get a new muse…one who respects my work…

Luna-Sama: You wouldn't! Like who?

Vera-chan: Avia-chan!

Luna-sama: ::pouts::

Vera-chan: Anyhoo, now would be a good time to mention that in this fic for every 4 years in modern times, the people in the book age 1 year. So although it's been 17 years in modern times it's only been a little over 4 years in the book. You can figure the ages from there, right? If not, e-mail me and I'll send them to you………it is kinda confusing after all. ::Looks at Luna-sama:: I didn't mean it, you know………