Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginnings Part 1 ❯ New Beginnings Part 1 Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

New Beginnings Part 1- Chapter 2

The Guardianship is Completed

Reika took out her bow, tightening the string on it. She smiled as she took an arrow and set it to the cherry wood frame, pulling back hard on the string. Being an archer you needed good eyes. A movement in the trees caught the corner of her eyes. She moved and shot in the direction of it, nearly pinning a man to a tree.

"Hey, watch it there, you could have killed me!" a blond man said. Reika ran over to him and put an arrow to his throat.

"If you are an enemy, I could send this right into your brain through your mouth," Reika said sternly to him.

"Reika!" Called Ayame from the edge of the forest. Reika kept looking at the trespasser, but answered the call.

"Ayame come here, I found someone!"

"Listen, Reika, I don't know why you have me pinned to a tree with an arrow to my throat, but I am not going to hurt you or anyone else," The blond man said, fear lacing his voice. Reika smiled sweetly and pulled away from him. He just then whirled her around to trap her in his quite strong arms. Reika didn't struggle.

"I just want you to know that I could hurt you if you pulled something," Reika growled. The man tightened his grip.

Reika saw Ayame, preparing something to her left. "Don't do anything Ayame, just get Shio!" Reika yelled at her friend. Ayame nodded and left. Reika just stood there, her attacker choking her. Reika knew he would have killed her by now if he had the intention in the first place.

"You look pretty sweet, for a woodland girl," The man jeered.

"May I please have your name sir?" Reika asked politely. "You already know mine."

"My name is Mamoru," the man said letting her have a bit more air. Reika smiled inwardly as she was able to break free of the assailant. Mamoru was surprised and grabbed for her again. She ducked and rolled over to a patch of shrubbery. Smiling, she stood up. Mamoru looked at her quizzically, but was knocked down by a green haired girl.

"So who did ya find, eh Mamoru?" The girl asked looking curiously up at Reika.

"I may have found the leader, Naru," Mamoru said pushing up and the jade eyed girl off.

"You mean she is the eternal seishi?" Naru asked, jumping up and down. Reika wanted to laugh at this young upstart who looked to be in her teens and acted 4. She only made a smile and turned to go back to the camp, but not without getting her bow back in her possession. Mamoru watched with terror filled eyes as Reika went back to where they had met.

"Do not worry, boy," Reika said, not even looking at him. "If you are what I think you are, you both are people we have been searching for. It has been several days since we started looking for you. Naru, Mamoru, welcome to the guardianship. I know I am being presumptuous but you seem to think I am the Eternal Seishi. I am not. Everything will be explained once Shio and Ayame get here. And there they are." Reika ran over to the two strangers and walked them over to the other guardians.

"You were right to go hunting today Reika," Shio said. "I knew that was one way to find them."

"I always have more than one reason for doing something," Reika said looking menacingly at Mamoru who was trying to hide behind the tiny woman, Naru.

"Men are such babies, Reika," Naru said to taller girl. Reika smiled and nodded.

"Why don't we go back to camp?" Ayame said, the only one of them concerned about what Reika had mentioned. -I just hope she doesn't mean what she said in a bad way,- Ayame thought. -I will talk to her about it later tonight.-

Reika looked at her friend, concerned. "What's wrong, Ayame?"

"You didn't mean anything bad by what you said did you?" Ayame asked, worry in her voice.

"What do you mean? Oh the having more than one reason? No I only do good, unless you cross me purposefully. But, hey I know you won't do that."

"Reika, I didn't tell this to you before, but now after this we will be kinda closer. I am not from this world. I am from another one. In my world people like you are very rare. I hope you and I will always be friends."

"Ayame, by the end of this, we will be sisters."

"Hey girls, we gotta get back to camp soon," Shio yelled back to the two of them. Both looked to young boy, and nodded to each other. Smiling they raced everyone back to camp, Ayame in the very lead.

The following day passed slowly, nothing much going on except for training. Ayame trained the twins more on how to focus their minds and making their moves smother and faster at the same time. Reika got to know Naru and Mamoru. Reika got a bad feeling from Mamoru, but she never really could put her finger on it. Something in his eyes cried out evil to her. Something just rubbed her the wrong way.

That night Reika was cleaning up the soup Amian and Subian had made. "Reika," Mamoru called to her from his tent. Reika turned to see a shirtless Mamoru looking her over and smiling with mischief apparent on his face. As handsome as he was, Mamoru was really cocky and Reika never really took to that trait well.

"What Mamoru?" Reika asked, not even looking at him now. She had returned to cleaning up the mess created by Amian and Subian.

"Are those two girls your sisters?"

"No, I was the only one around when their parents died, so I have kinda become a mother to them."

"Wow that is really too bad, Reika," Mamoru said sliding his arm around her neck. Reika just brushed it aside, hoping for him to get the message. He didn't and started rubbing her back up and down slowly and very firmly. As much as her back hurt from training, Reika wasn't about to let a man -especially this man - rub any part of her body. Shrugging her shoulders, she mutely told him to back off. As she finished the cleaning up, she noticed Mamoru was still there and still being a nuisance.

"Mamoru, I don't know where you learned your manners, but you should know that when a woman doesn't accept your little displays of affection, that means you should back off."

"But you were all over me earlier, I thought I might return the favor," Mamoru said as he gabbed her from behind pinning her to the ground, starting to undo her pants. Reika used her somewhat free hand, and gutted him in the stomach and rolled free of him.

"Mamoru, you touch me in anyway except in training again, you will be without your very reason for existence," Reika shouted over her shoulder as she went to her and Ayame's tent. "By the way if you think training is making a pass at you, you have much to learn little man." Mamoru lay there on the ground for the rest of the night, groaning in pain and agony.

In the morning Reika was happy to see Mamoru aloof of her. She smiled to herself and they were on their way to the Hokkan mountains to search for the last guardian. Bearing the cold weather, and making it up the steep slopes, Reika sighed satisfactorily at an open cave.

"Let us stay here the rest of the day," Reika called back. The rest of the group readily agreed and the seven of them set up camp and Reika cooked a deer she had found already dead in the woods. After eating, group started searching the area for their last guardian and the only other person who knew what they were to do. Reika and Ayame stayed behind to wait for the crew and in the meantime talked the day away.

"So Mamoru tried to do something last night?" Ayame asked, laughing with Reika about the previous night's events. Reika smiled and chuckled at her friend's observation.

"Oh yea, and I gave it to him, so he would never forget it. Not even for a thousand lifetimes. Now he has to worry about me crossing him. I told you already Ayame, I always have more than one reason for doing something." Ayame suddenly got quiet and nervous again. She didn't know why but she felt Reika's motto was a bit unnerving. Reika sighed realizing Ayame's uncertainty.

"I am sorry that unnerves me Reika," Ayame apologized, "It is just that when you say that, I get very worried about everything. Like you or someone else might betray us."

"Why would I betray any of you?"

"I don't know, but I have this feeling you might and that scares me more than anything. I don't have many friends that I am close to where I come from and having befriended you, I don't want anything to come between that. You are like a sister to me."

"I promise nothing will come between us, okay Ayame?" Reika cajoled, holding the other girl's hand tightly in her own.

"Well that is good to hear," A deep and resonant voice resounded in the cave behind them. Reika turned slowly to see a fairly handsome man with bright red eyes and straight, long black hair. Ayame shivered a bit at the man cold stare, but Reika smiled and got up. She walked over to the tall man, holding her hand out.

"Finally we find you," Reika said her smile bright and welcoming. "I am Reika Hokage. You would be?"

"I am Dokusha," said the red-eyed man. "I have been waiting a long time to meet with the rest of the guardians. You don't know how lonely I have been." Reika stiffened. Dokusha sensed her trepidation and continued with , "but not too lonely." Reika nodded thankfully and the three started to talk into the night. The other came back, despondent looks upon their faces.

"We didn't find anyone," Amian whined, exhaustion and disappointment in her eyes.

"I doubt you could out there," said Dokusha, who popped up and surprised the rest of the group. Reika smiled at their awed faces as she cuddled Amian in her arms, rocking the child to sleep. Ayame stifled her laughter and smiled nervously at the group, wordlessly demanding her to explain.

"Why don't we get some shut eye?" Reika said softly, getting her good friend out of that difficult situation. Ayame nodded her head in gratitude and they all went to bed.

Morning came, Reika was up with the sun, talking frankly with Ayame and Naru. Dokusha walked up behind Naru and whispered, "BOO!" making her jump to her feet. Ayame and Reika just looked at each other exchanging looks of stifled laughter, but kept in it. They looked at Naru, who was now trying to attack Dokusha.

"What the hell do you mean by giving me a heart attack!" Naru screamed at the dark-haired man. The man looked down at her, with his wild red eyes, which seemed to scare Naru even more. She gave him a nervous smile, and walked quickly out of the cave. Reika and Ayame, not being able to hold back their laughter any longer, fell on the cold ground of the cave, laughing hard enough to forget to breathe.

"Dokusha," Reika said between breaths, "I am so glad we found you. You have more humor in you than I have ever seen in my life!"

"It's a wonder you are a guardian," Ayame added.

"Well, I didn't mean to scare her," Dokusha said, his head down. Reika took this as her cue to get some composure over herself.

"Dokusha," she said, with a hand on his shoulder, "We know that. And I think Naru knows that too. We just found it funny for Naru to jump like that. She comes across tough, but really she is just as scared as any of us." Dokusha smiled at her and nodded. Mamoru called to the three in the cave, telling them of a meeting so they went outside.

Little did they know of who they were about to meet.

Okay… Chapter 3 is going to be up shortly. I hope you like this one, I do also hope to get more reviews for it. This story is going to get much better.