Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ New Beginnings Part 1 ❯ New Beginnings Part 1 Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A New Beginning Part 1- Chapter 1

The Eternal Seishi

The girls had been walking for two days, sleeping little, talking little, eating just enough to survive. All three were dirty and exhausted.

Reika looked the worst of the three, her mind wondering and tripping over her worst nightmares of what they might or might not find. Reika looked at the tall, snowy mountains, ominous and very cold. ~I hope that clearing is before those,~ Reika thought as she cringed at the sight of them. Finally they found a clearing, a hopeful spot for the three travelers. They could hear a river or a creek running somewhere below them. Reika sighed with relief and jogged toward the oasis that awaited them, with the twins behind her. Suddenly a heavy object hit her head and she fell, the two girls falling right behind her.

Hours later, Reika awoke in a cave to see a younger girl, but older than the twins, cooking fish over a fire. She had bluish black hair, violet eyes that seemed to see all and know all. The girl looked up, anger appeared on her face. Reika just stared at her, her eyes somewhat downcast, but still trying to pierce through the other girl.

~Who are you?~ Reika asked to the other girl, wordlessly. The other woman sat shocked at her.

"I was about to ask you the same question," the violet eyed girl asked with anger in her voice. "How dare you read my mind?!!"

"Listen I didn't read any thoughts of yours," Reika said, "I just wanted to get your attention. You don't fuck with me." The other nodded, and started laughing. "What the hell?"

"Oh Reika you are one of the chosen," The other girl said rolling on her back laughing. Now it was Reika's turn to be shocked. The other girl noticed.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Ayame Kore. You are Reika Hokage, aren't you?" The girl asked.

"How do you know who I am?" Reika stammered. She looked around her surroundings. Amian and Subian were still out, and there was another person lying next to Ayame. A blond boy who looked quite young. Even though she was thoroughly terrified of this situation, she stood tall and looked harshly at the other girl.

"What did you do to them?" Reika asked through gritted teeth. "How did the three of us get in here?"

"Reika do you remember having any dreams as of late about running somewhere?" Ayame asked.

"Yeah, all three of us did."

"I had a feeling. You see, Reika-chan, you are to become guardians. The dream was to lead you here. I didn't expect to meet you so soon, but I guess since you and the other two are here you want to know more. I am pleased to know that."

"Wait a minute, could you back up to guardians?" Reika said falling back on her butt. She luckily fell on a large rock. The other girl tried not to smile, but found it hard not to. She looked up at the tall girl.

"Reika, guardians are warriors who protect a seishi," Ayame tried to explain.

"What the fucking hell is a seishi?" Reika almost demanded. Ayame stood up and walked over to the other girl.

"Reika a seishi is a servant of a God. There are 28 different seishi. I do have bad new on that account. There are only 7 guardians. There are 4 seishi to every guardian. That means you have a lot of work cut out for you my dear."

"So Amian and Subian were chosen as well?"

"Yes, lady Reika."

"Reika," a small voice called. Amian and Subian were starting to get up.

"Hey there girls," Ayame said softly as she helped them up. Reika stood there watching Ayame and barely hearing her tell the girls the same things she had just heard, trying to let everything she heard sink in. This was an incredible situation that had never occurred to Reika before. She had always been fast and strong in body and mind. She had never really needed to fight real battles, but now she was being thrown into this new situation with new experiences. Reika's face changed from that of horror to realization. She was a real somebody, and whatever came next she would accept it with open arms.

"Hey Ayame," a small male voice was heard. Reika and the others turned to see the little boy Reika had noticed earlier had woken up.

"Shio," Ayame scolded, "you are sick. Go back to sleep."

"Has Reika come yet?" Shio asked looking directly at Reika.

"You knew I was arriving?" Reika asked, more surprise evident on her face.

"Ayame, you have told her of her destiny?"

"Shio," Ayame said in a warning voice.

"But she seems so surprised that we knew of her arrival?" Shio's bright eyes looked happily at Reika, finding it very easy to read her very obvious thoughts.

"Oh now I get it," Shio said, coughing a little, "Reika I am sorry. Ayame didn't tell you about the others quite as thoroughly as I had hoped. I am also a guardian. I am Shio. I am a guardian." Reika kind of smiled at him. Already the search was ending fast. Only three to go. But one thing still bothered her.

"Ayame?" Reika asked, a confused look appearing where relief had not been but a moment before.

"Yes, Reika?"

"How exactly do you fit into all this?"

Ayame looked at Shio, who nodded to her to go on. "I am the Eternal Seishi."

"Do you have a guardian?" Amian asked innocently. Ayame smiled and shook her head.

"No Ami, I do not get a guardian. I am a guardian. Guardians do not get to be protected. Guardians live only to protect."

"Then who do you protect?" Reika asked still wondering what the hell she was gonna end up with.

"I protect this," Ayame replied showing the brunette a small scroll. Reika walked up to Ayame, and reached out her hand. She read the unfamiliar lettering trying to figure out the words. "It's called the universe of the four gods."

"Hey that's neat," Subian said grabbing for it. Reika pulled it out of the way before the young girl could get to it. "That wasn't fair, Reika."

"I just think Ayame is the one to handle this, not us just yet."

Ayame stood there stunned for a moment. ~ She protected the scroll, ~ Ayame thought as the other girl gave it back to her. ~ She just saved me from having to kill that little bratty sister of hers. ~ Reika turned and smiled. Ayame offered her hand and Reika gave her the scroll back. Subian pouted and glared at her twin who was stifling a giggle.

"Hey lets have some grub," Reika pronounced, trying to ease the tension that shortly erupted a moment before. Shortly the 5 of them were eating and drinking happily. Finally Reika and the sisters would have a comfortable night's sleep. In the morning things would be different but more exciting than before. Tomorrow they would start looking for the others.

Hope you liked, and tell me if you want more just by reading and reviewing.