Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Nuriko's Love ❯ Good Bye, Nuriko ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Sorry, but I don't own anyone here… I just borrowed them. Now, on to the story!
Description: Nuriko makes a wish to Suzaku before he dies. When his wish comes true, he begins to realize his goal in life.

~* ~ ~* ~ ~*~

Miaka's tears fell onto the soft skin of her beloved fallen Seishi. His dark violet hair framed his pale face as his brown eyes fluttered close. Miaka sobbed as Tamahome knelt down by their side.

“ Nuriko…” He whispered.

Nuriko slowly opened his eyes and looked at Tamahome. `Take care of her, take care of Miaka, the one girl who won my heart. The one you love…' Nuriko didn't say it out loud though. The loss of blood had made him too weak to talk anymore. ` Suzaku,' Nuriko thought as he turned his eyes to look at the face of the woman he had grown to love. Her tear stained face was almost unbearable to look at. `Why must I be taken from her when I finally realized that I love her? Even though she and Tamahome are together… why can't I live to protect them both? To love Miaka from afar? Suzaku, this is my one and only selfish wish… Please, let me live.' Nuriko's vision slowly became dark as he let out his last breath of air. “NURIKO!” Was the last thing he heard.
“ Miaka… I love you…”
~* ~ ~* ~ ~*~

Nuriko opened his eyes and gazed around himself. Everything was black. Nuriko closed his eyes and smiled. `So this is what it is like to be dead?'
A warm glow formed before him as he opened his eyes and saw the red light before himself. “Suzaku-sama!” He watched as the god Suzaku appeared before him in a red light.
The god never looked at Nuriko. “You love her enough to die for her?”
Nuriko suddenly realized what Suzaku was asking. “Yes, we, the Suzaku seven, all would die for Miaka.” Nuriko said without thinking.

Suzako looked down at Nuriko. “You had made a wish. Your wish was to live and protect the miko and the other six.”

Nuriko nodded. His heart was pounding.

“I have a request of you, Seishi.” Suzaku said as he looked at Nuriko in the eye. “The Miko will need you very soon as she will fall prey to a trap. Only you can save her from a fate that she doesn't deserve. What ever happens from then on is your path. I will not revive you again.”

Nuriko watched as Suzaku disappeared in a blinding light.

~* ~ ~* ~ ~*~


"If it's the only way... then I have to do it." Making up her mind, Miaka looked up determined. "I'll go to Nakago and...and...do it."

Taitsuken gave an evil grin as she watched the girl run from her and shouted after, "Hurry, time is running out Miaka. You must get to him before they are able to use the Shinzaho."

Transforming back to Tomo, the evil wizard laughed. " Baka, girl. Her trusting nature will be her downfall."

Running as fast as she could, through the woods, Miaka closed her eyes as tears started to slide down her face. 'I can't believe I'm doing this! But I have to or... or everything will be over! But how can I betray Tamahome like this? I love him...' Suddenly, Miaka's thoughts filled with her late friend, Nuriko. She felt her heart tear as she took in a deep breath of frosty air. ` Nuriko…' She then whispered, "I miss you..." She continued towards the place where she had to go.

~* ~ ~* ~ ~*~

Nuriko closed his eyes and then, he was freezing. Nuriko opened his eyes as he felt a cold gush of wind blow against his skin. He couldn't see anything at first as his eyes needed to focus, but then everything became clear. He was back in the woods. His boots were sinking in the snow. He touched his face and found that his skin was cold to his touch. Frowning Nuriko started to rub his arms more vigorously as the cold started to get to him. He looked around before he realized what he saw. Miaka was a distance in front of him. She was walking towards a yurt. Nuriko's eyes widened as he took in a deep breath. `Seiryuu's yurt! Miaka, why are you going there?' Nuriko followed behind Miaka as she entered the yurt. He stayed at a good distance from Miaka so that she would not know she was being followed. However, once she entered the yurt, he didn't try to stay hidden much longer. Nuriko rushed over to the doorway and peaked in and held his breath. Nakago walked up to Miaka and smirked at her as he touched her chin with his thumb and index finger. He moved her face so that she had to look at him in the eye.

`Damn him.' Nuriko thought as he watched Miaka shiver beneath Nakago's smug stare. `So this is what Suzaku meant…' Nuriko's heart filled with pain. `I'll ask questions later. Right now, I must save her.'

“NO!” Miaka's scream pierced through Nuriko's thoughts as Nakago leaned towards her.  Nuriko looked in the yurt once again.  "St...stop!" Pushing Nakago away, Miaka thrashed out at him. "Stay away from me!"  

Smirking Nakago advanced on her again slowly. " Shh...Do you see anybody here to save you now? Little girl, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. So trusting...so stupid. Just like your friend Yui, you were deceived so easily."
Jumping up, Miaka clenched her fists in anger. "How dare you say that? I won't let you hurt Yui or any more of my friends!"

Nuriko felt that was his queue. He jumped through the door and landed on top of Nakago. He quickly slammed his fist into Nakago's cheek, crushing his face into the dirt.
“Nu-Nu- Nuriko!” Miaka yelled as Nuriko jumped from Nakago's body. Nuriko gave Miaka a wink and held up his thumb to her. Nuriko's Willow symbol glowed under his shirt.

“In the flesh!” Nuriko joked as Miaka's eyes filled with tears. She then rushed over to Nuriko and threw her arms around his waist as she buried her face into his chest. “ Whoa! Miaka! You're strong!” Nuriko joked as he wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on top of her head.

Nakago got up and smirked at the two embracing each other. “HAH!” Nakago suddenly yelled as he released his ki at Nuriko and Miaka. He wasn't about to be beaten on his own terms.

Nuriko shielded Miaka from the blow and held onto her tightly. Miaka's eyes filled with tears. She didn't want to lose Nuriko again. “ Nuriko, no!” She screamed. “I can't lose you… Not again!”

Nakago let out a wickedly evil laugh. “You do know she came willingly to me, and threw herself at me?" Nuriko flinched as Nakago studied Nuriko's reactions to what he had said. `He has feelings for her as well, stupid Seishi.'  He smirked as he added a last bit of words to smother Nuriko's determination. “Since she can't even seduce a man properly."

Miaka gave Nuriko a wide eyed deer look. She didn't want Nuriko to know what she had done. She felt so dirty. Nuriko gave his life for her, and now she was seducing the enemy.

Nuriko gave Miaka a small smile. “Don't worry, I'll be fine.” Then he turned to Nakago and stood in his fighting stance. “ Koi.”

Miaka watched in horror as Nakago charged over to Nuriko and used his ki to slam into him. Nuriko smirked as he kicked Nakago through the roof of the tent.  Miaka then studied Nuriko as he clapped his hands together as if he was hitting the dirt from them. Miaka couldn't believe that Nuriko was back, alive and well. She walked over to him and poked at him with her index finger.

“Ouch, that hurt!” Nuriko yelled as he playfully messed up Miaka's hair. “Miss me?”

Miaka was speechless. In all of her life, she never knew anyone to die and then actually come back to life. It was hard to accept, and yet, she was glad. Of all of the seishi, he was the one she felt closest to, as far as a brother. She leaped into Nuriko's arms. “I believed I lost you!” She sobbed into his shirt. Nuriko looked around and then whispered, “We need to get going. It's not safe here.” Miaka nodded.

“ Miaka…I love you…” The faint voice had said before his death had taken him, but did his words go unheard? Nuriko guided Miaka out of the yurt, not knowing what was in store for him now.
~* ~ ~* ~ ~*~

A/N: Okay, this is my first FY fan fic. I always felt that Nuriko was ripped off in the story. He was one of my favs so I did this story up in honor of his memory. I hope you like. Please review.